• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

MV/Liberace!

If you're familiar with the 80s band Saga, then you'll appreciate this.  They've just released "Spin It Again" on BluRay/DVD.  It's a live performance in Munich.  Check out the liner notes.  Oh sheeeeit.  Vandeven Enterprises be all over dis mug.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

HorrorRetro

Quote from: MV on November 27, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
If you're familiar with the 80s band Saga, then you'll appreciate this.  They've just released "Spin It Again" on BluRay/DVD.  It's a live performance in Munich.  Check out the liner notes.  Oh sheeeeit.  Vandeven Enterprises be all over dis mug.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

That's awesome! I've loved Saga since the early '80s.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on November 25, 2013, 06:18:30 PM
People come and go. Sometimes with a flare. I miss some and some not so much.

I miss sleeplessinca. 

If you're out there, sleepless, have a wonderful holiday.  Big hugs.

I miss her, too... I wish we had more female posters here.  I very much miss Anagrammy (though she does drop in to lurk once in a while).

Heather Wade

Ha haa, yeah, when I called the GabCast, I was so thrown off my train of thought when MV said he was relieved that some Gabbers were female.  Heh. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: Juan on November 27, 2013, 03:29:20 PM
I miss the  quote at the top right.

Fuck, I knew something was out of whack.  Nailed it, Juan. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 27, 2013, 03:31:52 PM
Fuck, I knew something was out of whack.

This is a good a candidate for effed up thing on the top of the page.

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 27, 2013, 03:43:59 PM
This is a good a candidate for effed up thing on the top of the page.

Actually, yours is too.

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on November 27, 2013, 04:51:48 PM
Actually, yours is too.

Ba-dump, tssshh.  One, two...
Are we to go top-right quote-less this holiday, MV?   ???

bateman

Quote from: Juan on November 27, 2013, 03:29:20 PM
I miss the  quote at the top right.

Me too. This would've been a good one:

Quote from: Art Bell on November 25, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
Mr. Poop is just trying to distract you

Heather Wade

Thanks, MV.  Now we're all set to take over the world.

b_dubb

steelbot

Random things on my mind...

if someone has you on ignore on the forums...is entrusting a private message to someone else to deliver to them against the TOS?  just curious how one is to defend themselves from public ridicule if ever it were necessary?

lonevoice

You could PM Michael and ask him.  But, if you're asking for opinions, here's mine:  trying to circumnavigate someone’s defenses against their wishes is in contravention of usually acceptable  social behavior.  No means no.

steelbot

Quote from: lonevoice on November 27, 2013, 06:18:20 PM
You could PM Michael and ask him.  But, if you're asking for opinions, here's mine:  trying to circumnavigate someone’s defenses against their wishes is in contravention of usually acceptable  social behavior.  No means no.
I definitely agree with that.  I only feel that someone's own intent has been taken as fact and I've been drug through the ringer on this one.  I chose the amicable approach without breaking things into the public forum, and when I DID finally decide to even speak to that person I was on ignore.  So, now I am in a pickle here and really do wish to make my position known to that individual without involving the public.  However, in my own defense to what may be lingering around here, I only say this....

Completely and I mean completely....inventing a situation to gain pitty or stir conflict is a sour way to approach a situation, and sorry if my silence to a situation, especially one that has no basis in fact, (AND I CAN PROVE MY POINT) didn't calm or diffuse it.  I was brought up, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it.  Well I still generally live by that, until I'm being thrown under the bus and for an absolutely made up BS situation.

-Scott

I've only every used the ignore function once on this or any forum -- for the erstwhile poster Casio...  I felt guilty and unignored him a day later I think.   

steelbot

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 27, 2013, 06:49:23 PM
I've only every used the ignore function once on this or any forum -- for the erstwhile poster Casio...  I felt guilty and unignored him a day later I think.   
only the few gathering trolls that would reappear were getting mine too - but they've all been since removed - and casio never got on my ignore...I simply chose to really ignore him or people vs the web tools.

Quote from: steelbot on November 27, 2013, 06:31:40 PM
I definitely agree with that.  I only feel that someone's own intent has been taken as fact and I've been drug through the ringer on this one.  I chose the amicable approach without breaking things into the public forum, and when I DID finally decide to even speak to that person I was on ignore.  So, now I am in a pickle here and really do wish to make my position known to that individual without involving the public.  However, in my own defense to what may be lingering around here, I only say this....

Completely and I mean completely....inventing a situation to gain pitty or stir conflict is a sour way to approach a situation, and sorry if my silence to a situation, especially one that has no basis in fact, (AND I CAN PROVE MY POINT) didn't calm or diffuse it.  I was brought up, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it.  Well I still generally live by that, until I'm being thrown under the bus and for an absolutely made up BS situation.

-Scott

If someone has you on ignore, my advice is not to try to contact that person by a third party because you could be accused of harassment. I would PM mv and explain the situation to him so he's aware of what happened between you two.

The General

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 27, 2013, 07:20:58 PM
If someone has you on ignore, my advice is not to try to contact that person by a third party because you could be accused of harassment. I would PM mv and explain the situation to him so he's aware of what happened between you two.
I wouldn't. 
My guess is that MV doesn't care what kind of private disagreement happened between two people that he doesn't even know.  If someone has you on ignore, maybe you should extend them the same courtesy and forget about it. 

steelbot

Quote from: The General on November 27, 2013, 07:34:41 PM
I wouldn't. 
My guess is that MV doesn't care what kind of private disagreement happened between two people that he doesn't even know.  If someone has you on ignore, maybe you should extend them the same courtesy and forget about it.
no worries, I'm not gonna contact MV that was never going to happen.  I was just asking for rule clarification folks.  Thanks.

The General

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 27, 2013, 07:39:18 PM
I'm under the impression there's more to this story than someone placing someone else on ignore because they don't like his posts, which is why I suggested PMing mv so steelbot can explain his side should things become public and nasty afterwards. Just my 2 cents, which probably weren't needed.
My 2 cents probably really weren't needed either.  So that's up to 4 cents between the two of us.  Maybe if we search the sofa cushions we could scrape up enough spare change to go get a mug refill at the gas station.  If you can drive.

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 27, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
Heh, wait whut?

Haha sorry I couldn't help myself, I love self-referential humor.  I guess MV does too.   :D

steelbot

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 27, 2013, 07:49:25 PM
I should learn to shut my mouth.
no worries but you shouldn't have edited your post lol I was JUST quoting ya - but I digress, I have my own covered if it were necessary to be petty, there are logs of activities, so my side of things are set in stone.  It's the slander I do not appreciate.

steelbot

Quote from: The General on November 27, 2013, 07:49:39 PM
My 2 cents probably really weren't needed either.  So that's up to 4 cents between the two of us.  Maybe if we search the sofa cushions we could scrape up enough spare change to go get a mug refill at the gas station.  If you can drive.
LOL

Nova

Quote from: steelbot on November 27, 2013, 05:47:48 PM
Random things on my mind...

if someone has you on ignore on the forums...is entrusting a private message to someone else to deliver to them against the TOS?  just curious how one is to defend themselves from public ridicule if ever it were necessary?

Oh fine, I took you off ignore.  Happy now?   :P