• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 08, 2018, 07:36:48 AM
Same here.  At least he seems interested in what he's doing, unlike Jorch, who's just counting the minutes until he and Tommee are skipping out the door for turkee sammiches and Twinkies.
What I like about Davenport is that every report is "interesting" and some "very interesting." And stop you damn kids with your crank calls! Give him some more radio time instead of replaying faked car accidents in which old ladies beat a man with purses/Bibles or poorly done rendering of a Poe story.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 11:01:45 AM
What I like about Davenport is that every report is "interesting" and some "very interesting."

And all the witnesses are "credible" or "very credible".

albrecht

From the other night, re: Honus Wagner bb card to Tommee: "isn't he the richest baseball card?"

NoMoreNoory

A clashikully embarrassing personal anecdote from Joorch last night. He asked James Schwartz, the hypnotherapist/spirit-guide guy to explain Karma to him, and ran straight into telling us that he finds it very hard to pass a homeless person without stopping to help in some way. He wanted us to know he was telling this story for what he oddly called "an affect on the radio" and not because he wanted "a pat on the back". Sometimes, he said, he'll give them $100 and they sit there "with their little sign" and they stare at him and say "May God watch over you". And, said St Joorch, he "can't track this", but he finds that when he does this, it comes back to him "a hundred-fold".
$10,000 return on a $100 investment, eh? Now you're talking Jorch's language.

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 08, 2018, 12:41:14 PM
A clashikully embarrassing personal anecdote from Joorch last night. He asked James Schwartz, the hypnotherapist/spirit-guide guy to explain Karma to him, and ran straight into telling us that he finds it very hard to pass a homeless person without stopping to help in some way. He wanted us to know he was telling this story for what he oddly called "an affect on the radio" and not because he wanted "a pat on the back". Sometimes, he said, he'll give them $100 and they sit there "with their little sign" and they stare at him and say "May God watch over you". And, said St Joorch, he "can't track this", but he finds that when he does this, it comes back to him "a hundred-fold".
$10,000 return on a $100 investment, eh? Now you're talking Jorch's language.
He tells this story all the time but usually says that he "slips them a 20" or "whatever he has" and in one recent version was appalled when a homeless woman wanted to hug him. When is St.Norry going to come up with that "Foundation" he promised? Sure giving unread books to blind callers is fine- but where is the "Foundation" to "help listeners out?" A while back a caller even mentioned it and Norry had some excuse about "getting non-profit status."

Dateline

Norry is only interested in those dollas and for profit$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 08, 2018, 12:37:26 PM
From the other night, re: Honus Wagner bb card to Tommee: "isn't he the richest baseball card?"

I think the Dave Noory bb card is the rarest one. 

Did you know his mother taught him how to pitch, and in spite of never having played for a HS team, he could have had a free ride at any college but his father wanted him to be a dentist?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:06:33 PM
I think the Dave Noory bb card is the rarest one. 

Did you know his mother taught him how to pitch, and in spite of never having played for a HS team, he could have had a free ride at any college but his father wanted him to be a dentist?
I think it was also claimed that the Tigers had interest in him at some point? Must have been that nasty knuckleball Ma Norry taught him.  :D

I heard some guy singing that George Noory 'Falling in Love' song on the radio today. 

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 08, 2018, 08:17:55 PM
I heard some guy singing that George Noory 'Falling in Love' song on the radio today.

And you dare have 2/3 of Elvis as your avatar.  LOL.

Dateline

I decided to use my psychic powers tonight to delve into the future and predict that I-hurt will be bankrupt within the next two-three months.  What does this mean for Norry?  He will reinvent himself.  Looking into my crystal ball, I see a new cable network middle of the night television show entitled "The Suck." 

The theme for the show will be very similar to "The Price Is Right" with a little "Name That Tune" tossed in.  Norry will be the emcee for the game show and that big guy will be the model for the prices.  Between games, Norry will grasp the mike and break into song, walking or running among the studio audience as he sings "I Have To Go Pee."   Another fave is "Down By The Pee."  At the closing of the show he will sing "Softly as I Pee You."  Of course, it will be sponsored by "Grampers Pampers."

There is life after Coast.

Quote from: Dateline on February 08, 2018, 11:41:18 PM
I decided to use my psychic powers tonight to delve into the future and predict that I-hurt will be bankrupt within the next two-three months.  What does this mean for Norry?  He will reinvent himself.  Looking into my crystal ball, I see a new cable network middle of the night television show entitled "The Suck." 

The theme for the show will be very similar to "The Price Is Right" with a little "Name That Tune" tossed in.  Norry will be the emcee for the game show and that big guy will be the model for the prices.  Between games, Norry will grasp the mike and break into song, walking or running among the studio audience as he sings "I Have To Go Pee."   Another fave is "Down By The Pee."  At the closing of the show he will sing "Softly as I Pee You."  Of course, it will be sponsored by "Grampers Pampers."

There is life after Coast.

I'm hearing he's putting out feelers to host a re-booted Deal or No Deal - with Tommee as the banker

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 08, 2018, 12:27:54 PM
And all the witnesses are "credible" or "very credible".

hahahahaha i love when he adds that. i'd like to know how he arrives at the conclusion somebody is 'VERY credible' when they're all just random strangers from the Internet emailing him or filling out a web form. i'm still waiting for Jorch the former big time TV news producer to ask the question 'Peter everybody today has a cellphone in their pocket. Why aren't these people recording video of these sightings?'

zeebo

Last Fri George skipped out early to the Tell-tale Heart again.  Tonite he's using one of his "tributes" (a.k.a. recycled interview).  He must be trying to beat the 2am rush at the gas station sammich bin.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
Last Fri George skipped out early to the Tell-tale Heart again.  Tonite he's using one of his "tributes" (a.k.a. recycled interview).  He must be trying to beat the 2am rush at the gas station sammich bin.
Ha, ha... yeah, I just noticed that, too.
Second half is "opeen lines" with the "tribute."

Hookie time for Jorch and Tommee, once again.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 09, 2018, 08:05:23 PM

They should play "tributes" by replaying Art, Ian, or Knapp shows with the dead guests, not the Norry versions.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2018, 08:42:48 PM
They should play "tributes" by replaying Art, Ian, or Knapp shows with the dead guests, not the Norry versions.
Definitely.  The sad thing is Tommee could slap on a Doc Wallet show replay and Jorch would neither notice or care, as long as he gets out the door ASAP.

It's really despicable to use the dead to be able to skip out of your job early.  I wonder how many times Jorch's grandmother "passed away" so he could skip a day of school.  ::)

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on February 09, 2018, 08:05:23 PM

Earlier this week, I recall Noory mentioning past guest John Anthony West has passed away and I immediately thought that means I bet Noory will be skipping out early Friday night for playing an old tape of part of a past interview at the end of the show as a "tribute"

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on February 09, 2018, 09:36:58 PM
Earlier this week, I recall Noory mentioning past guest John Anthony West has passed away and I immediately thought that means I bet Noory will be skipping out early Friday night for playing an old tape of part of a past interview at the end of the show as a "tribute"
If Norry plays it right considering age of various guests and subjects he could start only replay "tribute" shows, with maybe some mean baby or tragic food poisoning etc stories ripped from Drudge etc headlines, done remotely, and never have to show up! That would also save iHateMedia, Inc some costs in real estate and they could sell off studios (including Hawaii studio and mist-tunnels) like their billboards......

NoMoreNoory

The irony of these 'tributes' is that they end up being disrespectful to the memory of the guest. If he and Danheiser weren't so damn lazy, they could easily put together a brief biography and appreciation of their 'dear friend', maybe with clips from interviews. But just slinging on an arbitrary 20 minutes of a past interview, without even a proper tailpiece (You have been listening to...) by way of explanation if you just tuned in is a shabby way to pretend to offer a 'tribute to anyone'.

oh goodie another Roseanne sounding broad home from the all you can eat buffet at the Golden Corral who communicates with the dead.

Morgus

Graham Hancock today posted on his twitter, a photo taken of him with John Anthony West in front of the Sphynx from 1999 as his tribute:

Gd5150

Rad!

Wonder if it gets old reruns of artbell from the internets.

Quote from: Morgus on February 10, 2018, 12:34:10 AM
Graham Hancock today posted on his twitter, a photo taken of him with John Anthony West in front of the Sphynx from 1999 as his tribute:

Just watched Gallipoli (1981) with Mel Gibson.  Some great shots of the Sphinx and the Pyramids in it.  The Australians trained there on their way to Gallipoli during WWI.

zeebo

According to the psychic cat lady, a pinch of sea salt in your bath can dissolve negative energies.  I guess my standard dash of Tabasco hasn't been helping.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 09, 2018, 11:49:54 PM
The irony of these 'tributes' is that they end up being disrespectful to the memory of the guest. If he and Danheiser weren't so damn lazy, they could easily put together a brief biography and appreciation of their 'dear friend', maybe with clips from interviews. But just slinging on an arbitrary 20 minutes of a past interview, without even a proper tailpiece (You have been listening to...) by way of explanation if you just tuned in is a shabby way to pretend to offer a 'tribute to anyone'.
Maybe it will be different this time, lol.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 09, 2018, 09:02:01 PM
Definitely.  The sad thing is Tommee could slap on a Doc Wallet show replay and Jorch would neither notice or care, as long as he gets out the door ASAP.

It's really despicable to use the dead to be able to skip out of your job early.  I wonder how many times Jorch's grandmother "passed away" so he could skip a day of school.  ::)
When he closes the show, he sounds live.

Jojo

George: "Is Jennifer Love Hewitt" (the woman who publicly talks about gluing crystals to her self-labeled va-jay-jay) "as neat as I think she is?"
Guest:. She's married, George.