• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131015 - Jim Sparks - Alien Encounters

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 15, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

steelbot

Quote from: Nova on October 15, 2013, 09:56:47 PM
Blasphemy!  I better not tell you that I actually downloaded it as a tone on my phone.  Oops, I just did.
lol

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 15, 2013, 09:57:28 PM
I remember playing a lot of dial up Warcraft Ii games on a 28.8k modem... Right around when I first heard of Art, around 1995 I guess

Oh man! good times. I played War2bnet as well, under this same name/alias. What was your handle? Did you play Broodwar?

Lioness

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 09:56:48 PM
and a Veteran ! =P yep - if i remember correctly the first time i heard about art bell was using his AOL chat room which was basically IRC...btw...and Art used to join in and chat at times..

ffffffff....

The Grassy Knoll chat room!

onan

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 09:56:48 PM
did it have a "turbo" button? great for slowing Star Control 2 down for melee combat ;)

No, but I over clocked it... man I was the bomb in Ultima Online.

saucerlike

His earlier shows w/Art on c2c seemed much better than tonight.  First time I heard Jim was on an AB rerun when Dave was the main host, 2005-6ish.  I actually bought "the keepers."  Perfect reading for the schizoids.

werfold

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2013, 09:56:34 PM
trying to get DCC to work, can you explain it to us? lol

Sure, DCC just needs to go to bed earlier, then getting to work is just a cup of coffee away.

Ward

I remember playing a lot of dial up Warcraft Ii games on a 28.8k modem... Right around when I first heard of Art, around 1995 I guess

ahah to cool. i think the custom maps were called "puds" ...i remember i made a map called Redemption for Alterac...

aldousburbank

Quote from: werfold on October 15, 2013, 09:54:47 PM
Hi guys. what's going on in this thread?
Learning about IRC BBS. I really can't be bothered, seriously.

steelbot

heheh YUP - I played Ultima Online and Ascerons Call that was about 97'

Quote from: Lioness on October 15, 2013, 09:59:03 PM
ffffffff....

The Grassy Knoll chat room!

Holy shit, I remember this!! I haven't thought of it in a long time.

Heather Wade

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 09:56:48 PM
and a Veteran ! =P yep - if i remember correctly the first time i heard about art bell was using his AOL chat room which was basically IRC...btw...and Art used to join in and chat at times..

I remember working on building my first computer, and listening to Art asking listeners to join him in the AOL chatroom.  When he mentioned it, I remember hauling ass to get the thing assembled, lol.  56k when it first came out, thought it was so cool.

Catsmile

Quote from: Cynnie on October 15, 2013, 09:57:36 PM
Fighting or fucking ..it all looks the same

If you are a cat it is all the same.

[attachimg=1]

coaster

Still enjoying the show but he seems to be rambling.

werfold

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 15, 2013, 10:00:09 PM
Learning about IRC BBS. I really can't be bothered, seriously.
I agree, it is all quite silly. Hope no one calls me a fucker.

Cynnie

Quote from: Redacted on October 15, 2013, 10:00:32 PM
I remember working on building my first computer, and listening to Art asking listeners to join him in the AOL chatroom.  When he mentioned it, I remember hauling ass to get the thing assembled, lol.  56k when it first came out, thought it was so cool.

It took me 3 days to figure out how to plug in the desktop when i moved last year ..
You people are gods to me

Ward

sigh....Jims story gets worse through the years. I remember Linda Moldy Cow just loved Sparks story, she went gaga over it.

Nova

"I put my hand on this girl's shoulder and" she then grabbed my rat tail and said, I am calmed by your mullet, thank you so much.  Okay, I'm done being naughty. Couldn't resist though.

lonevoice

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 15, 2013, 09:54:23 PM
I must be an asshole because I love this shit!  What a great night!
And what's wrong with assholes?

Cynnie

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Nova on October 15, 2013, 10:03:53 PM
"I put my hand on this girl's shoulder and" she then grabbed my rat tail and said, I am calmed by your mullet, thank you so much.  Okay, I'm done being naughty. Couldn't resist though.

;)

Ward

Quote from: Nova on October 15, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

LOL oh man great quote Nova

jazmunda

Quote from: CRM 114 on October 15, 2013, 09:56:14 PM
I bet hes not even in Australia.

I checked up and down my street and the next one and I couldn't see him so using RCH's logic he's not in Australia.

Laurakinch

Quote from: coaster on October 15, 2013, 10:02:08 PM
Still enjoying the show but he seems to be rambling.

Yeah, a droning crock of shit

steelbot

hah! - this guy is one of the long talkers for sure, only breaths on occasion..he's def. an alien!