• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sredni Vashtar (Missing in Action)

Started by AZZERAE, August 07, 2019, 03:18:18 AM

artbell_ghost

not directly, and i don’t claim to be a god but i think if there were a god they’re avatar would be polite so i spoke for them

i think sdhrednivastar will fit in well with ellgab. rumor is he might want to slow down with the butthurt pm’s over there but yes he fits in nicely

AZZERAE

Quote from: artbell_ghost on August 07, 2019, 06:13:56 AM
not directly, and i don’t claim to be a god but i think if there were a god they’re avatar would be polite so i spoke for them

i think sdhrednivastar will fit in well with ellgab. rumor is he might want to slow down with the butthurt pm’s over there but yes he fits in nicely

I hate him. He's a loser. He tried to get me banned - TWICE.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 07:10:26 AM
I hate him. He's a loser. He tried to get me banned - TWICE.

The English are a race of inveterate busybodies.  I think it comes from living cheek by jowl in those tenements with a common loo.

They keep an entire extended family under glass in a sort of public terrarium for everyone to gawp at whose antics fill their newspapers.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 10:33:52 AM
The English are a race of inveterate busybodies.

A simple test on ‘23 & me’ may make you rethink that.

I've noticed (much like stray cats) stray Bellgabbers will disappear for weeks/months at a time then suddenly reappear as if they'd never been gone

AZZERAE

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on August 07, 2019, 11:35:16 AM
I've noticed (much like stray cats) stray Bellgabbers will disappear for weeks/months at a time then suddenly reappear as if they'd never been gone

DanTSX

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 11:44:46 AM

Omg a stray bellchanner just flew over my house

Do you remember battybrook?

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 11:29:20 AM
A simple test on ‘23 & me’ may make you rethink that.

Fiddlesticks!  How often have we heard that "race is a social construct"?

Which I cite with distaste because there is no reason to coin a new gimcrack noun by shifting the accent when "construction" works just as well and has a much longer pedigree.  People who speak of "constructs" are nearly always intolerable bores.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 12:47:21 PM
Fiddlesticks!  How often have we heard that "race is a social construct"?

Which I cite with distaste because there is no reason to coin a new gimcrack noun by shifting the accent when "construction" works just as well and has a much longer pedigree.  People who speak of "constructs" are nearly always intolerable bores.
The only time the word "intersectionality" should be used is when trying to figure out the proper way to navigate these infernally designed intersections that supposedly will help free up traffic.

ps: Being a Brit I figure Sredni is taking the usual August vacation? But I could be wrong. Maybe one of those friendly Muslims got him?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 01:38:34 PM
The only time the word "intersectionality" should be used is when trying to figure out the proper way to navigate these infernally designed intersections that supposedly will help free up traffic.

ps: Being a Brit I figure Sredni is taking the usual August vacation? But I could be wrong. Maybe one of those friendly Muslims got him?

Intersectionality, absolutely!  And thank you for reminding me about the August vacation -- he's probably roasting in Corfu.  I was beginning to worry that my calling him a fat, treasonous sheep-fucker might have driven him away.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 01:46:19 PM
Intersectionality, absolutely!  And thank you for reminding me about the August vacation -- he's probably roasting in Corfu.  I was beginning to worry that my calling him a fat, treasonous sheep-fucker might have driven him away.
If he is true to stereotype he is currently badly sunburnt, shirtless, and extremely drunk bitching about the Germans taking the poolside loungers and towels. And ordering confused non-English speaking service workers around by yelling louder in English so that they understand.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 01:50:41 PM
If he is true to stereotype he is currently badly sunburnt, shirtless, and extremely drunk bitching about the Germans taking the poolside loungers and towels. And ordering confused non-English speaking service workers around by yelling louder in English so that they understand.

Those damn Germans always get up earlier than everyone else to claim the undefended real estate.  That's how they got Poland.

AZZERAE

I found what could possibly be his Twitter. Totally sus.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 01:52:44 PM
Those damn Germans always get up earlier than everyone else to claim the undefended real estate.  That's how they got Poland.
They are obsessed with clocks and with clocks comes conquest! 

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 02:01:44 PM
They are obsessed with clocks and with clocks comes conquest! 

Very true!  Mine is an old one without a nighttime silencer (grandparents brought it back from Holland in the 50s) and you can hear it outside with the windows open this time of year.  I'm sure that is why the Russian neighbors built such a stout fence, lest I mow too far over the line.

AZZERAE

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:21:51 PM
K. Dubb, do you like "brown girls"?

I am not opposed to them on principle, if that is what you mean.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 02:20:47 PM
Very true!  Mine is an old one without a nighttime silencer (grandparents brought it back from Holland in the 50s) and you can hear it outside with the windows open this time of year.  I'm sure that is why the Russian neighbors built such a stout fence, lest I mow too far over the line.
Ha! You should have a drink with your Russian neighbors. They are interesting people. Lots of strange superstitions and sayings such as "you should beat your wife every day, if you don't know why she will" and things like an opened bottle of vodka must be finished, sit on your suitcase before leaving, if you forget something you cannot go back for it unless you look in a mirror, and many others.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 02:27:27 PM

What I mean is, with all your apparent hang-ups around creeds and cultures of any sort, one couldn't blame me for being dubious of such a thing.

DanTSX

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:32:23 PM
What I mean is, with all your apparent hang-ups around creeds and cultures of any sort, one couldn't blame me for being dubious of such a thing.

Preferences are preferences and shouldn’t be dissected for prejudices that may not be there.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 02:29:07 PM
Ha! You should have a drink with your Russian neighbors. They are interesting people. Lots of strange superstitions and sayings such as "you should beat your wife every day, if you don't know why she will" and things like an opened bottle of vodka must be finished, sit on your suitcase before leaving, if you forget something you cannot go back for it unless you look in a mirror, and many others.

They are an odd sort of Russian.  There is a big evangelical Russian church near here that I'm sure is a front for some sort of immigration scheme, like those Korean churches -- no drinking or swearing (at least in English), gather in the back yard to sing hymns (I distinctly heard Sweet Bye and Bye and I've Got a Mansion Just Over the Hilltop in Russian), pop out kids with alarming regularity.  I'm afraid I'm terribly louche and déclassé in comparison.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 02:45:22 PM
They are an odd sort of Russian.  There is a big evangelical Russian church near here that I'm sure is a front for some sort of immigration scheme, like those Korean churches -- no drinking or swearing (at least in English), gather in the back yard to sing hymns (I distinctly heard Sweet Bye and Bye and I've Got a Mansion Just Over the Hilltop in Russian), pop out kids with alarming regularity.  I'm afraid I'm terribly louche and déclassé in comparison.
There are odd Russians for sure. A non-drinking Russian is highly suspect. They are often given to cults and really have a bent for conspiracy theories (having lived under Commies, Mob bosses, etc where everyday life was graft, corruption, and conspiracy.) Across the mountains from you in the Inland Empire there is an odd yugge church in Spokane that is some kind of Russia and/or Ukrainian(Slavic Baptist?) Also there is one of those "Old Believer Catholic" schools/church that is fairly big and sedevacantist (think Mel Gibson's dad.) As you know from C2C shows, lots of "interesting" types live in the Inland Empire.

AZZERAE

Quote from: DanTSX on August 07, 2019, 02:42:11 PM
Preferences are preferences and shouldn’t be dissected for prejudices that may not be there.

I'm trying to find out if he likes girls, dude.

K_Dubb

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:54:52 PM

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 07, 2019, 02:58:06 PM

I seem to be experiencing the most unusual sense of deja vu.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2019, 02:54:09 PM
There are odd Russians for sure. A non-drinking Russian is highly suspect. They are often given to cults and really have a bent for conspiracy theories (having lived under Commies, Mob bosses, etc where everyday life was graft, corruption, and conspiracy.) Across the mountains from you in the Inland Empire there is an odd yugge church in Spokane that is some kind of Russia and/or Ukrainian(Slavic Baptist?) Also there is one of those "Old Believer Catholic" schools/church that is fairly big and sedevacantist (think Mel Gibson's dad.) As you know from C2C shows, lots of "interesting" types live in the Inland Empire.

There is a really interesting sect that lives near my big sis on the Kenai Peninsula -- actual Old Believers.  She says they are creepy and nobody likes them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/05/a-17th-century-russian-community-living-in-21st-century-alaska/275440/

DanTSX

Quote from: AZRAA on August 07, 2019, 02:54:52 PM

How can you not like girls?

Even girls like girls

I get it that some dudes like dudes.  But they gotta like girls too.