• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2019, 11:00:25 AM
BellGab will always evolve...I love seeing the new phase, combining the old and the new...as I've always said, we make our own entertainment.

God bless all...

Friendship....

indeed. i hope to see you around more, chefist.

praise Vanderhooven!

whoozit

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2019, 11:07:38 AM
Erinn is the new antagonist...probably thought she would be a protagonist...you cannot predict the trade winds of BellGab...but, it's all entertainment for us! Ha...
Maybe it’s time to start calling Falkie Boy Erinn.

K_Dubb

King Alfred did not burn the cakes.  Instead, just typical English cultural appropriation:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/mar/13/britishidentity.research

WOTR

Watching Heather, Lasha, Erinn, and others has made me realize just how fortunate I have been in dodging bullets in my life. I am the "Neo of North America."

whoozit

Quote from: WOTR on June 09, 2019, 07:13:23 PM
Watching Heather, Lasha, Erinn, and others has made me realize just how fortunate I have been in dodging bullets in my life. I am the "Neo of North America."

You should start a YT channel about it.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 09, 2019, 09:49:41 AM
King Alfred did not burn the cakes.  Instead, just typical English cultural appropriation:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/mar/13/britishidentity.research
I have a few Ragnars and Ivars in the family tree, though not royal ones.
Vindication. Also King Knut/Canute is also misunderstood and "spun" by the English. He was pointing out that even being king he could not control the tides and God was more powerful but they spin it as he thought he could do so.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 09, 2019, 07:24:43 PM
I have a few Ragnars and Ivars in the family tree, though not royal ones.
Vindication. Also King Knut/Canute is also misunderstood and "spun" by the English. He was pointing out that even being king he could not control the tides and God was more powerful but they spin it as he thought he could do so.

I don't get what it is with them.  The Britons wanted to be Romans and live in villas and were sad to see them go.  The Anglo-Saxons wanted to be Vikings and live in mead-halls protected by housecarls.  The Normans wanted to be French and live in chateaux.  Then, when they finally got a real kingdom going for a few hundred years they threw out the real guy and invited a Dutchman.  They are like the unwanted bastard stepchildren of Europe, trying to fit in.  I wonder why no one wants them.

WOTR

I drove through Biggar last week, and was happy to see the sign was still there.

Anyhow, for all of you who will never have the pleasure of driving across the open prairies.

*Yes, that is a John Deere combine in the bottom right- The sign is right beside the JD agricultural dealership. Something that New York likely lacks.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on June 09, 2019, 08:08:41 PM
I drove through Biggar last week, and was happy to see the sign was still there.

Anyhow, for all of you who will never have the pleasure of driving across the open prairies.

*Yes, that is a John Deere combine in the bottom right- The sign is right beside the JD agricultural dealership. Something that New York likely lacks.  ;)
There some pastoral parts of New York but not really prairie, which I agree is sometimes nice to drive through and has its own unique aesthetic. Never been up there but time in the Dakota prairie. Especially in winter where the crop-barren prairie, devoid of buildings, trees, lights and drifting snow and extreme darkness coupled chasing your headlines (on low please) in white-out conditions make a surreal experience. And once blizzard over the flat expanses in a single white color is amazing.

Jojo

ksm32

Quote from: WOTR on June 09, 2019, 08:08:41 PM

Ya has me thinkin Corner Gas. In Rouleau.. AKA Dog River. WOOOF!!

https://youtu.be/X9xI5lOQCSY

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 13, 2019, 07:28:54 PM
I was spoofed for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1H33x-PXw
Looked real for a bit also. I've been spoofed in a weird scam deal a few months ago where the robocallers/Indians/etc would call but would show my name/number on the caller id. I guess they figured that technique would make many people think "wtf" and answer? And then they would know they had a valid number/person for resale or to pitch their scams, or both? 

ps: I think I mentioned but had opportunity to do again. I don't like that SWA stopped giving peanuts, so I bring my own. But also the free snacks they've substituted for peanuts: have a warning about being produced in a factory that also produces peanuts. So the whole allergy thing and change was either a scam (to save $) or just virtue signalling. Herb, RIP, would be ashamed of both.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2019, 07:38:50 PM
Looked real for a bit also. I've been spoofed in a weird scam deal a few months ago where the robocallers/Indians/etc would call but would show my name/number on the caller id. I guess they figured that technique would make many people think "wtf" and answer? And then they would know they had a valid number/person for resale or to pitch their scams, or both? 

ps: I think I mentioned but had opportunity to do again. I don't like that SWA stopped giving peanuts, so I bring my own. But also the free snacks they've substituted for peanuts: have a warning about being produced in a factory that also produces peanuts. So the whole allergy thing and change was either a scam (to save $) or just virtue signalling. Herb, RIP, would be ashamed of both.
Remember "intracall" where you could ring your own home from any phone in the house?  I used to sell that.

albrecht

Quote from: Sixteen on June 14, 2019, 10:10:42 PM
Remember "intracall" where you could ring your own home from any phone in the house?  I used to sell that.

I don't. But I don't understand the concept? You mean use your home phone line like an intercom system, or something?

artbell_ghost

Quote from: WOTR on June 09, 2019, 07:13:23 PM

no, WOTR. i'm trying to tell you that when you are ready, you won't have to

whoozit

In order to maximize the distance between myself, George and Erinn I have to move to Nebraska?  W

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 14, 2019, 10:27:47 PM
I don't. But I don't understand the concept? You mean use your home phone line like an intercom system, or something?
Yeah, it was cool.  You picked up the phone, dialed your #, and viola, all phones in the house rang.  Fun.

Old Dominion and assless panties 🤷🏻‍♂️

[attachment=1]

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on June 15, 2019, 12:36:12 PM
Old Dominion and assless panties 🤷🏻‍♂️

[attachment=1,msg1333740]

Degenerate!

albrecht

Spikeball? And that Harry Potter "sport?" Are they just making stuff up to fill up time on ESPN slow days? And what is the "Pickleball" I hear advertised as a benefit to a new community being built nearby? The commercials listing the amenities include a "pickleball court."