• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

HAL 9000

Ian vs. Quayle
SMACKDOWN!
for LaMeRz

Just kidding - my other links contained all three entire shows in one compressed file - this post will ONLY have the Ian vs. Quayle Smackdown show, and the other two files are his apologies the subsequent weekend. They are mp3 attachments

Download:

[attachment deleted by admin]

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 20, 2011, 08:49:10 AM
Alex is a nutbar who can talk and has an operating brain contrary to Ian Punnett.

While he's certainly sensationalistic and tends to exaggeration, what he says is usually based on documented facts that unfortunately people perfer to ignore so they can call him a nutbar.

show me documents supporting Alex's nutbar and i will nod my head in agreement.  otherwise, no fucking way

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 20, 2011, 07:03:53 AM
Noory has a very pleasant voice. it's nice to listen to him. his only major fault is a total lack of hard questions.
Sometimes he lets the most ridiculous guests talk on and on with their BS without even trying to expose them as frauds by asking some tougher questions.

I'd like Ian Punnet to invite Alex Jones - but he probably wouldn't dare to do so, cause Alex would talk him into the ground and destroy his false "rightwinged" ideological background.

you're saying that IAN is right wing and that Alex Jones is otherwise? holy christ on a pogo stick

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2011, 07:52:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. But Hey wait a minute... that will cost money and that means taxes. Why Ole Ronnie Reagen cut our costs by cutting the spending on long term care mostly on those that are as you say crazy... voila... POOF... crazy now equals homeless.

I live in NC and the mental health care system is pathetic. Everyday I work, I speak with people that are pleading for help for themselves or a family member and many times I have to tell them there are no beds available. Other hospitals call looking for a bed because they have this "crazy" patient and they don't treat "crazy" there. No beds...

Even If the hospital has beds, guess what most "crazy" people do not have insurance... guess what most hospitals are privately owned or as many would say they want to make a profit. Yeah all hospitals have to accept patients without considering payment... if you believe that I have a bridge...

But this obama care thing is just too expensive it will cost jobs it will turn us into commies.

Healthcare in this country is not the best in the world... emergent care is but that's it. Healthcare in this country is an embarrassment and mental healthcare is a tragedy.

i'm right there with you.  agree agree agree.  and btw - i too live in NC.  remember the headlines a year and a half ago when the State ... um ... lost ... $800 million that was earmarked for mental health?  fucking idiots

James G.

If the producers at Coast To Coast AM are kind of mischievous like I am, I feel they need to "prank" Mr. Ian Punnett one Saturday night with bumper music.

Saturday Night by The Bay City Rollers (1976).

I'd prank Mr. Punnett like that. In all insight and humor. And I'd like to hear his on-air reaction to that bumper!

After all, Mr. Punnett is Mr. Saturday Night: S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

Ha!

And I feel Mr. Punnett won't get mad. He'd get even for that bumper!

Ha!

b_dubb

Looking for the Heart of Saturday Night - Tom Waits

but Bay City Rollers have an epic goofiness about them.  with those ridiculous super mullets

fabucat

Quote from: Lena on January 20, 2011, 06:18:50 AM
Ian Punnet hosting a show turns more and more into a reason for me to simply skip it.
He's too darn annoying to listen to.

His show usually starts with some incoherent mumbling - as if he just woke up from someone splashing a bucket of water over his face.
He always sounds like he's eating a salami-sandwich, and takes frakkin ages to come to the point with all his mumbling about.
He makes pretty retarded jokes and seems to laugh about them - you know people who laugh about their own jokes suck!

Some say he asks tough questions - while this is partly true the effect is unfortunately hampered by his narrow boxed mind. Ian overestimates his own intelligence and usually fails to see any other possible explanation to a problem - or simply refuses to acknowledge it.

He tends to be nearly hostile to guests and callers who he disagrees with.
The most annoying thing is that Ian is simply too stupid for logical thinking and handicapped by clinging to the false left/right paradigm in politics.

best host is George Knapp and Art Bell
Second is Noory
Ian isn't even in the same league. He needs to be replaced ASAP!

I *do* like Noory's voice.  I'm from Cleveland, he's from Detroit, so his middle American tones appeal to me.  I disagree that Ian is stupid.  Although he talks like a dweeb, the man's got a degree in divinity from Columbia.  Stupid he is not.  I disagree that Ian clings to some false left/right political paradigm, or at least I haven't heard evidence of it.  You might want to give some examples.  My problem with Ian is that he doesn't seem to care for paranormal subjects, which can be a handicap for a show which is supposed to specialize in it. 

I'm afraid George is far less educated than Ian and probably less intelligent. 

James G.

Quote from: fabucat on January 20, 2011, 10:41:46 PMI'm afraid George is far less educated than Ian and probably less intelligent.

Agreed.

anagrammy

Quote from: James G. on January 20, 2011, 10:47:04 PM
Agreed.

Ian is more intelligent, more engaged and more confident.  I'm trying to overlook the fact that he's a clergyman.

Anagrammy

HAL 9000

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2011, 10:32:11 PMLooking for the Heart of Saturday Night - Tom Waits

You want the entire album or just the title song? It's in lossless FLAC form...

Lena

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2011, 02:55:14 PM

show me documents supporting Alex's nutbar and i will nod my head in agreement.  otherwise, no fucking way

since this doesn't cover Ian Punnnet, I replied there:

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2224.0.html

Lena

it would only be fair if you modify the tread title to:
IAN PUNNETT SUCKS! -
it's unfair to have only George Noory suck, and imho Ian sucks way more than George.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lena on January 21, 2011, 08:18:34 AM
IAN PUNNETT SUCKS! -
it's unfair to have only George Noory suck, and imho Ian sucks way more than George.

George .... ?  is that you?

IAN PUNNETT SUCKS! -
I agree with you that Ian sucks more than George. I can't take his little gerbil voice aside from the fact that he talks way to fast and is obnoxious.

Ian is the best host the show has now that Art is gone.

EvB

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 21, 2011, 12:27:22 PM

I enjoy Ian the most - though I think George Knapp is the top talent.

fabucat

Quote from: James G. on January 20, 2011, 07:02:34 AM
I will say this, and move on. Mr. Ian Punnett -- note you spelled his name wrong -- is under a lot of pressure. And I feel he handles it well.

This man works his tail off. No wonder he gets tired, all. Do what I do, all, and tune into "myTalk 107.1 - St. Paul. Minnesota" and A Balanced Breakfast With Ian And Margey when you can. The website keeps the show on demand, so you can listen to it or download it at any time in case you miss it live.

All in all, it's a good program. The banter between himself and his wife -- the co-host -- is cool. And they're right: "a little gossip, and a lot of laughs." This morning's show (01/20/11) was particularly funny!

Please remember Mr. Punnett has to do that program every weekday morning. Every morning.

He's a professional broadcaster. He does things none of us do. Before I critique him, I'll say that such a hectic itinerary would wear me down as well.

Coast To Coast AM isn't Ian Punnett's only gig. I acknowledge he has a lot of responsibility when it comes to hosting such an internationally syndicated, high-rated radio program.

And, at times, I admit I look forward to Saturday nights, and the insight he brings to the Coast To Coast AM program.

It's cool, all, to catch A Balanced Breakfast With Ian And Margey when you hear Mr. Punnett. As he describes the "normal news and events" of St. Paul or Minneapolis, and even national events, you expect that at any time we get into discussions about ETs, cryto-zoology, or whatever. But we don't. But I'm always expecting it!

Mr. Punnett is a good guy. He tries. Please cut him some slack. And he does something that I admit I'm in no position to criticize. Unless I'll don that headset -- and have at it out on an international scale.

I knew Ian did a radio show in the mornings, but I didn't know that he did it with his wife.  That's pretty cool and so middle-American. 

Sometimes I wonder why Ian is no longer a clergyman.  I also wonder how he got into broadcasting.  True lots of clergy get into broadcasting, but not SECULAR broadcasting! 

fabucat

IAN PUNNETT SUCKS! -

You should join a competing website where they bash Ian all of the time.  I think a lot of C2C diehards don't care for Ian because he's not really a paranormal occult kind of guy.  That and some stray snarkiness are Ian's top faults. 

KMKMKM

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 21, 2011, 12:27:22 PM
I agree.  George lacks the personality that Ian and Art have.  It seems like they both call things how they see it, and aren't afraid to call bullshit on a guests story.  George just goes along with every story and never challenges it.  Listening to George is like listening to an infomercial most of the time, I don't think he's capable of giving a true interview.

Silent

Quote from: fabucat on January 21, 2011, 11:11:43 PM
I knew Ian did a radio show in the mornings, but I didn't know that he did it with his wife.  That's pretty cool and so middle-American. 

Sometimes I wonder why Ian is no longer a clergyman.  I also wonder how he got into broadcasting.  True lots of clergy get into broadcasting, but not SECULAR broadcasting!

Last I knew he still did his preaching on Sunday mornings.  I bounce around a lot in his shows so I could be thinking of something I heard on an older show.  He mentions now and then little stories about it.  If he did stop that's news to me.

Lena

Ian simply sounds like an arrogant creep who's in love with himself most of the time.

I once heard Noory explain why he doesnt challenge his guests.
He basically said he wants to give the guests a stage without interfering too much and let the listeners themselves make up their mind about them.
Personally I think that if he would care too much about each and every creep on the show, he might go nuts.
Still I wish he'd ask some tough questions sometimes, or at least make a bit fun of a guest by asking tongue in cheek stuff.
Anyway I prefer him much over Ian whom  I find nearly unbearable to listen to.

So you guys basically hate Noory because he allows you to think for yourselves - which you refuse - you rather have some creep like Ian think for you and serve it to you on a platter.

EvB

Quote from: Lena on January 22, 2011, 09:26:46 AM
Ian simply sounds like an arrogant creep who's in love with himself most of the time.

He basically said he wants to give the guests a stage without interfering too much and let the listeners themselves make up their mind about them.
Personally I think that if he would care too much about each and every creep on the show, he might go nuts.
Still I wish he'd ask some tough questions sometimes, or at least make a bit fun of a guest by asking tongue in cheek stuff.

So you guys basically hate Noory because he allows you to think for yourselves - which you refuse - you rather have some creep like Ian think for you and serve it to you on a platter.

It seems most people here either love or hate Ian -- without much in between.  Though, it may be that those who are "in between" simply don't comment.  I happen to be a fan, though I completely understand the reasons of most of the people here who do not care for him.

As for Noory not challenging guests - IMO that is his job, not so much from his own POV but from a POV that anticipates the questions his audience may have.  Art was the master at that.  George, on the other hand, replaces that will silence - or stock phrases that often have nothing to do with the essence of what the guest is presenting. ("Is it a portal?"  "Could it be an angel?")  If he is not going to engage his guests and help ferret out points that otherwise could be missed, why not just let the guest come on and "put forth" for a time - with no host at all?  The producer could (and does) handle details like timing and advertising spots.

By not challenging his guests, Noory gives the impression is is either disinterested, or lazy.

To suggest people who dislike Noory are unwilling to think for themselves is a bit random. Speaking for myself - I want to listen to a host who will ask questions  that I would ask, given the opportunity.  Then I can decide what I think because I have the information to do so.

Come to think of it, that's why I enjoy Ian.  Of all the hosts - he ;most often asks the questions I would ask.

EvB

Quote from: Silent on January 22, 2011, 05:31:41 AM
Last I knew he still did his preaching on Sunday mornings.  I bounce around a lot in his shows so I could be thinking of something I heard on an older show.  He mentions now and then little stories about it.  If he did stop that's news to me.

Yes he does - since he is still a deacon and (at least in the Episcopal church - which he's affiliated with) has to perform certain clergy duties to earn his final ordination.

BTW - this isn't a case of a clergyman getting into radio.  It's a radio man getting into church work.  Broadcasting was Ian's first career - clergy second.

Lena

Quote from: EvB on January 22, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
I want to listen to a host who will ask questions  that I would ask, given the opportunity.  Then I can decide what I think because I have the information to do so.
agree.

Quote from: EvB on January 22, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
Come to think of it, that's why I enjoy Ian.  Of all the hosts - he ;most often asks the questions I would ask.
you left out: Ian doesn't only ask questions - he also jumps to conclusions - and more often than not false ones.
That's why I cant stand Ian. he's lacking insight and knowledge and thus jumps to false conclusions and overlooks real good questions and possible answers, and is too self convinced which makes him arrogant like a small child - even though he may not realize it cause of lacking intelligence.

Ian's logic only goes so far: "It's round, so it must be a ball".
That's simply not enough, and frankly it's annoying.

fabucat

Actually the only issue that Noory appears to care about passionately is GUNS.  After every "national tragedy," George will have on AEI gun-lover John Lott, who lives in my neighborhood, and by the looks of Lott, Terri Schiavo would've been better than Lott at handling a gun.   I *know* you guys love you some guns here.  Some of you NEED guns.  I need to go to the can every so often too, but I don't obsess over it constantly. 

Still, it's good to know that George has a strong opinion on SOMETHING.  But, no, George doesn't allow us to think for ourselves.  He's still got the same corporate conservative slant most talk radio show hosts have.  I guess I've got to be used to that.   

Lena

Colt New Service

I like guns too

b_dubb

no.  i like Ian because when people make outrageous, ridiculous claims he actually presses them to substantiate their claims.  where Noory would just continue eating falafel and grinding on his full color portrait photo of James Cameron

Ian and Knapp are the best interviewers. Noory is a babysitter