• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: Zenman on April 23, 2018, 04:19:59 AM
I'm thinking Keith may have talked some sense into her. Whitley seems like a reasonable compromise between no guest host or no more show, which is what it may be coming down to.

Whitley would actually be good to host a Art Bell remembrance shows. I would  listen. He knew Art more than anyone in the C2C universe, I am sure he has a ton of Art stories he has not shared. I'm very interested in this show, Whitley also has radio and podcast experience. He host the dreamland podcast and has for years.

Whitley isn't a great host, But he is actually better than Noory and Heather. 

OTHER Options I think might be doable are people who already have a podcast on DMRN

My money is on Lasha. Because when Art left the show he said his producer aka Heather was the only one who had the capability to host the show. So by that logic Lasha will be the host, which is a shame.

If it is Whitley then that would be fantastic.

Juan

It has to be someone with equipment, or access to equipment. It takes more than a laptop or phone. So (ha) someone with a podcast or close by Keith’s studio.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Juan on April 23, 2018, 06:16:35 AM
It has to be someone with equipment, or access to equipment. It takes more than a laptop or phone. So (ha) someone with a podcast or close by Keith’s studio.
Makes a good argument for Whitley or Hoagland. But Hoagland just did his own show on it. Has Keith ever done any broadcasting? I really don't think it's Lasha but hey I am wrong a lot so what do I know. lol.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 06:01:14 AM
Well, the possibilities of someone getting involved with WWII were once miniscule. Then they weren't all of a sudden. The 20th century was a lesson to not allow people's stupid ideological bullshit get out of hand.

My contradiction alarm just went off! You were informing us all earlier that we have to prioritise, and now you're saying that that the scale of the problem doesn't matter.

dan7800

I don't have nearly the same dislike for Heather that most people do, but I've always wanted George Knapp as a host.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: dan7800 on April 23, 2018, 06:33:03 AM
I don't have nearly the same dislike for Heather that most people do, but I've always wanted George Knapp as a host.
Given her recent tweet calling him a "vulture" I don't think that's the direction they are going in. He also zinged her back so I would say that's a really long shot.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 06:25:19 AM
My contradiction alarm just went off! You were informing us all earlier that we have to prioritise, and now you're saying that that the scale of the problem doesn't matter.

More an observation of history. Sometimes belligerent ridiculous ideology has gotten out of hand. Islam, and its trappings, seems to be pretty f'n big since it's the national religion of multiple nations, guides their politics and defines their lives. You can ignore that because you're British, but I can't in good in conscience. Keep that stupid shit the fuck away from me. For a culture that produced Hitchens, you guys certainly are a bunch of ideological cucks these days.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 17, 2017, 10:42:59 AM
MiTD Death Watch 2017

If Heather is getting better every day, then the final episode will be when perfection is finally achieved.

It finally happened, fuckin' eh.

awguy

AZZERAE

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 23, 2018, 06:09:27 AM
The website doesn't say. I think it's supposed to be a surprise.
So far here are the current guesses by bellgab:

Whitley
Hoagland
Lasha
Noory

Am I missing anyone?

I bet you its Amy Martin.

If she doesn't flake at the 11th hour, that is.

SredniVashtar

1. David Oates
2. 'Live From Okinawa', a previous wife he abandoned in Japan decades ago)
3. Art Bell (had to stage his death and return because the Area 51 scam wasn't working).

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 04:50:28 AM
Perhaps with a small covering bet on jazmunda. Both he and Heather have hosted podcasts and have an unhealthy interest in Art Bell.

Actually, I think Jaz would make an awesome host for MITD. He has a great voice, a pleasing accent and is very knowledgeable on all things Art.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 07:35:43 AM
1. David Oates
2. 'Live From Okinawa', a previous wife he abandoned in Japan decades ago)
3. Art Bell (had to stage his death and return because the Area 51 scam wasn't working).
This by far, is my favorite list so far.  ;D

We need to get that huff guy who did the ghostbox with Art right after he died, to sit in the studio and Art's ghost can take calls? Thoughts?

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 07:35:43 AM
Art Bell (had to stage his death and return because the Area 51 scam wasn't working).

I wouldn't put it past him.

Its also another way to finally get the stalker to leave him alone.

Remember that show he did with Edmund Pankau? Hide Your Assets and Disappear??

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 06:38:24 AM
More an observation of history. Sometimes belligerent ridiculous ideology has gotten out of hand. Islam, and its trappings, seems to be pretty f'n big since it's the national religion of multiple nations, guides their politics and defines their lives. You can ignore that because you're British, but I can't in good in conscience. Keep that stupid shit the fuck away from me. For a culture that produced Hitchens, you guys certainly are a bunch of ideological cucks these days.

Remind me, how many muzzies live in the States? Hardly any. There is a far larger percentage here than there, yet you bleat on about it like you're living during the Siege of Vienna.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 23, 2018, 07:39:11 AM
Actually, I think Jaz would make an awesome host for MITD. He has a great voice, a pleasing accent and is very knowledgeable on all things Art.

Is there anybody on here you don't ooze around like a sycophantic boa constrictor?

Sean92008

For those of you discussing gun deaths, alcohol, stupidity... Isn't CPDD a bigger danger to kids?

Cell Phone Distraction Death... 

Oh, and big pharma got the teachers to push drugs to keep little Johnny sitting still at his desk. Coming off of those is where shit hits the fan.

If Keith recorded the biography/remembrance part ahead of time, he could do the show.  Minimal exposure to a live microphone.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 07:43:02 AM
Is there anybody on here you don't ooze around like a sycophantic boa constrictor?

You're just bitter that I never say anything nice about you.

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 23, 2018, 07:43:03 AM
For those of you discussing gun deaths, alcohol, stupidity... Isn't CPDD a bigger danger to kids?

Cell Phone Distraction Death... 

Oh, and big pharma got the teachers to push drugs to keep little Johnny sitting still at his desk. Coming off of those is where shit hits the fan.

If Keith recorded the biography/remembrance part ahead of time, he could do the show.  Minimal exposure to a live microphone.

Let's get rid of Drs

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/medical-errors-are-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-us

Quote from: dan7800 on April 23, 2018, 06:33:03 AM

Knapp won't do it. Keith tried to get him and Nory said C2C wants more of him, but he won't even do that. Knapp is too busy being an actual reporter. Knapp is great, just a bit dry.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 23, 2018, 07:55:02 AM
I happen to know one we can start with.  ::)

He's gone a bit quiet, if he wasn't already living in a facility that regularly checks on the welfare of its guests/inmates I'd be almost concerned. Obviously the fact that we have been actually discussing the subject of this forum rather than Orange Julius has got him all upset and he's boring the bloomers off people on another website for the nonce.

Quote from: Azzerae on April 23, 2018, 07:34:16 AM
I bet you its Amy Martin.

If she doesn't flake at the 11th hour, that is.

She would have the ability. She did the paranormal news segment for Art.

So far likely candidates are

1. Lasha
2. Amy
3. Whitley
4. Keith
5. someone else who has a DMRN podcast

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 23, 2018, 03:15:10 AM
I wonder if it will be Keith. He knew Art better than anyone.

Since Heather had to approve it I bet it is Whitley. She has had him on several times and knows he does Dreamland.

MV would be my first choice, although I think he would turn it down.  George Senda The Guy From Pittsburgh (TM) Would be my second choice, and I have no doubt he would do it for a price.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 07:40:12 AM
Remind me, how many muzzies live in the States? Hardly any. There is a far larger percentage here than there, yet you bleat on about it like you're living during the Siege of Vienna.

Yeah, hardly any ... other than some perpetually angry homegrown whackadoos that have merged islam with racial identity despite Islam pretty universally saying not to do that. The rest of them of them just got the hell out of their home countries so they could be free atheists or be merely lukewarm about their faith, other than a noisy group living in a Detroit suburb. America's version of Luton.

What you have, however, is dangerous in the grain of granting Hitler and his associates and followers asylum so they could hold court in the mosque equivalent of Bavarian beer halls and foment bullshit. I call it British national stupidity; an enlightened empire that astonishingly committed suicide for political correctness and additional labour voters. But the bottom line is that religions, all of them, need to die for the good ... and survival ... of the human race. Period. You know that so don't bullshit me anymore.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 08:19:23 AM
other than a noisy group living in a Detroit suburb. America's version of Luton.

Which suburb is that? Living around here it would be good to know where this shira law zone is.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 23, 2018, 08:23:07 AM
Which suburb is that? Living around here it would be good to know where this shira law zone is.

Dearborn would be my guess.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 23, 2018, 08:23:07 AM

Hamtramck. Don't act like it doesn't exist.