• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: CoolTen10 on April 23, 2018, 03:02:56 AM
Special Guest host on MITD tomorrow:

http://midnightinthedesert.com/open-lines-remembering-art-bell/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

I wonder if it will be Keith. He knew Art better than anyone.

Since Heather had to approve it I bet it is Whitley. She has had him on several times and knows he does Dreamland.

sydtron

Well, I'd say the trolls are out tonight.

ponyboysunset

Well who else would do it besides the mystic dingbat? Several credible people said no a long time ago.
What happened to her no guest host rule as so publicly stated on Facebook?

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 23, 2018, 03:44:52 AM
Well who else would do it besides the mystic dingbat? Several credible people said no a long time ago.
What happened to her no guest host rule as so publicly stated on Facebook?
she said that she has final approval so I am guessing Keith or Whitley.

I don’t want to think about the Vancouver septic

Zenman

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 23, 2018, 03:47:40 AM

Also, he said "special guest host" so I'm thinking someone pretty well known. Hoagie?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 23, 2018, 03:47:40 AM

Keith maybe, but has he done radio? And Whitley has to be smarter than that. What about Hoagland?
Lol.

Zenman

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 23, 2018, 03:50:34 AM
Keith maybe, but has he done radio? And Whitley has to be smarter than that. What about Hoagland?
Lol.

Lol, great minds think alike, PBS. The good money's on Whitley tho I think.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Zenman on April 23, 2018, 03:57:18 AM
That makes some sense. I just am shocked Heather would relent her position of allowing someone to host. 

AZZERAE

Legacy? The man is dead and gone.

For God's sake...

So now the guest host has a fill in? This is beyond ridiculous.

Zenman

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 23, 2018, 03:58:59 AM
That makes some sense. I just am shocked Heather would relent her position of allowing someone to host.

I'm thinking Keith may have talked some sense into her. Whitley seems like a reasonable compromise between no guest host or no more show, which is what it may be coming down to.

Juan

Doesn’t Eddie Dean live in Phoenix, or am I thinking of another Gabcast host?

SredniVashtar

Perhaps with a small covering bet on jazmunda. Both he and Heather have hosted podcasts and have an unhealthy interest in Art Bell.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 01:45:53 AM
Pretty easy data to find, just go to the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

We really need to be focused on heart disease and then go down the list. Political hot point issues like gun violence or AIDS are pop cultural/partisan political red herrings y'all fall for due to the media narrative created around them, but aren't really major causes of death.

Yet the threat from terrorism is tiny but it doesn't stop y'all getting your plus-sized knickers in a twist about it at every opportunity.

AZZERAE

The good money's on Whitley...

Are you kidding? The guy is probably more torn up than Heather is. I mean, when his wife died he went off the deep end...Now that Art's gone all hope is lost. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in a padded room at this point.

DanTSX

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 23, 2018, 01:16:08 AM
Trivial? Based on what data?

On second thought, don’t bother offering data. Just have another drink. Cheers! 🍸

Do you have any data that they are not trivial in comparison to others?

Why are you so hung up on the need for firearm deaths to be classified a certain way by a government agency?  What would that do?

DanTSX

Quote from: Azzerae on April 23, 2018, 05:03:11 AM
Are you kidding? The guy is probably more torn up than Heather is. I mean, when his wife died he went off the deep end...Now that Art's gone all hope is lost. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in a padded room at this point.
they are made for each other

ranger_star

Evil Keith tried to collect this month's subscription! Had the good sense to check that PayPal had no funds. Anyway I was only a member for a month, I guess I'm a Jonah.

ranger_star

Quote from: Zenman on April 23, 2018, 04:19:59 AM
I'm thinking Keith may have talked some sense into her. Whitley seems like a reasonable compromise between no guest host or no more show, which is what it may be coming down to.

Well, he already has an open line to his wife Anne, it' stands to reason he pass on the knowledge of "beyond the wall of death" comm system to Art. They could co-host. The three of them.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Zenman on April 23, 2018, 04:19:59 AM
Ok I had a laugh at that. I don't think anyone is getting through to her right now. I sincerely hope I am wrong about that though. I go back to the post of someone telling her to get some counseling and her writing that absurd post about not unless it is someone who speaks radio, whatever that means. I think it's more likely Keith told her you want to keep your job, either do a show or find a fill in host. This can't be good for their already dwindling subscriptions. But then again I am coming at this from a logical stand point and we all know around here that probably isn't what's happening.  ::)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 05:01:45 AM
Yet the threat from terrorism is tiny but it doesn't stop y'all getting your plus-sized knickers in a twist about it at every opportunity.

Is it tiny? We've watched millions die during the 20th century when stupid ideas got out of hand.

Juan

Despite what Heather says, Keith owns the show and the means of distribution. If he wants a guest host, or a new permanent host, he will have one.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2018, 05:40:21 AM
Is it tiny? We've watched millions die during the 20th century when stupid ideas got out of hand.

You're widening the goalposts. I was talking about terrorism. And the chances of you getting involved in a terrorist incident are miniscule.  Ponder that the next time you go to an airport and get the deluxe pat-down service.

(Personally I'd cut straight to the lube and latex stage for a shady character like you).

ranger_star

Quote from: Juan on April 23, 2018, 05:45:39 AM
Despite what Heather says, Keith owns the show and the means of distribution. If he wants a guest host, or a new permanent host, he will have one.

Maybe he brings Hoagland and rebrand the show "The other side of the desert" or "Midnight in the other side"

AZZERAE

Quote from: DanTSX on April 23, 2018, 05:31:04 AM
they are made for each other

Look out for the Whitley and Heather sex tape - coming to theatre's this summer.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Juan on April 23, 2018, 05:45:39 AM
Ding ding ding. We have a winner!  ;D He's probably trying to salvage his already failing business.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 23, 2018, 05:53:47 AM
You're widening the goalposts. I was talking about terrorism. And the chances of you getting involved in a terrorist incident are miniscule.  Ponder that the next time you go to an airport and get the deluxe pat-down service.

(Personally I'd cut straight to the lube and latex stage for a shady character like you).

Well, the possibilities of someone getting involved with WWII were once miniscule. Then they weren't all of a sudden. The 20th century was a lesson to not allow people's stupid ideological bullshit get out of hand.

QuoteHeather is unsure of her return, it’s still day to day. We want her to heal and not rush it. We look forward to her return when she is ready.

In the mean time, please join a special guest host to coordinate our activities LIVE for a night of remembrance of Art Bell. We’ll be taking your calls all night at these special numbers.

For the love of god not Lasha. Who is the guest host??

ponyboysunset

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 23, 2018, 06:07:41 AM
For the love of god not Lasha. Who is the guest host??
The website doesn't say. I think it's supposed to be a surprise.
So far here are the current guesses by bellgab:

Whitley
Hoagland
Lasha
Noory

Am I missing anyone?