• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Whitey Bulger

Started by Sardondi, August 12, 2013, 01:37:54 PM

Sardondi

And the jury did a number on him - guilty on 31 of 32 counts, including being at least "involved in" 11 murders. Ouch for Whitey. Too bad it took the government 40 years and a major investigation into corruption in the FBI to do it. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/12/us/whitey-bulger-trial-verdict/index.html

Eddie Coyle -  Is Southie in mourning?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on August 12, 2013, 01:37:54 PM

Eddie Coyle -  Is Southie in mourning?

His approval rating is probably at Ted Kennedy levels around here. Which is to say, much much lower than people would realize. His betrayal of the IRA becoming public killed off any Fenian support. The mythology around him withered with the years.

* I'll say this though. Very few "innocent" victims in his midst. Those 19 murder victims were of "his world" be it as major players or those on the fringe. Everybody knew about Whitey and his confederates. Crooks incorporated.

**  I prefer the old Bulger gang to what we've seen take over in recent years. Latin Kings ascending.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 12, 2013, 02:34:26 PM
His betrayal of the IRA becoming public killed off any Fenian support.

That's one thing he did right. They're a bunch of cowardly, murderous scum, as are their Protestant counterparts.

Eddie Coyle

Whitey helped destroy the remnants of the I-talian Mafia in Boston, which may be his only real shining moment. But outsmarting them wasn't exactly difficult. The Angiulo Family were pygmies.

Nucky Nolan

At least, the Mafia (who are horrible guys) don't blow up entire families. Even they aren't that low.

ETA: I want a united Ireland, which is where half of my ancestors were born, and the United Irishmen had it right when they excluded religion from the equation. The IRA and various Protestant groups were extremely destructive, counterproductive obstacles to peace, destroyers of possible unity. On another serious note, I deleted the reference to your relative in case you were serious. I couldn't recall if you posted any info about him or not. I removed the comment in case it was supposed to be private. I won't betray any confidential information, no matter who's involved, although I still think that you're joking, but there's always a chance that you're not. I'm posting this in good faith. Take it for what it's worth. I likely won't be around these parts past this week due to our changing schedules, so I'm sorry that we got into it. You don't know me from Adam, so it's cool if you accept or reject this peace pipe, but it's no crime to mend fences, and I wish you well.

Nucky Nolan

LOL at the irony. Gosnell? Betrayed confidences indeed. I'm disappointed and surprised by a third party, but we all make mistakes, and I'll forgive that too. MV, this isn't a flame. I'm sorry for the ruckus. I tried to be on my best behavior since this is your internet business or home. I don't like to make needless waves.   

Nucky Nolan

:-[ I consumed too much Warm and Fuzzy before I typed the above posts. I was in an artificial friendly, happy mood, which wasn't fitting for the hostile environment. I'm embarrassed by my Pollyanna-ish act, and I shall endeavor to try to be more of a jerk in the limited time that I post here. Props to my fine motor skills, under the circumstances, though.

Eddie Coyle

The sick thing. John Martarano kills 30+ people...and serves 5 years because he testified against Whitey.

Johnny "Sickle Cell" Martorano. His nickname for using blacks as target practice. HE gets 5 years.

Jackstar

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/notorious-mob-boss-whitey-bulger-found-dead-prison-n926266

Well, now this guy is never gonna squeal. Real or not, this is now the new narrative.

I'll be honest--Scorsese flicks put me to sleep, and even Leo's chubby cheeks couldn't maintain my interest through the whole thing. So I have no real awareness of how important this guy's leverage was.

Does anyone here know whether I should be happy or not on this news? Pull my string! Watch me think!

ItsOver

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/james-whitey-bulger-dead.html

"Boston-area gangster James “Whitey” Bulger was found dead Tuesday in a federal prison in West Virginia, NBC News and other outlets reported. He was 89. Bulger died one day after being moved to the West Virginia penitentiary from Florida via Oklahoma, according to NBC News. The Boston Globe reported that Bulger had been killed inside the prison, and a “fellow inmate with Mafia ties” was being investigated in his death. A U.S. Attorney’s Office spokesperson confirmed that the feds were investigating but would release no other information."

Ah, yes.  Not to worry.  The Feds will "look after you."  Just like they always do.

Hog

Somebody "doing some work" on an 89 year old man.  Lie with dogs, you tend to get fleas.

peace
Hog

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2018, 04:16:08 AM
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/james-whitey-bulger-dead.html

"Boston-area gangster James “Whitey” Bulger was found dead Tuesday in a federal prison in West Virginia, NBC News and other outlets reported. He was 89. Bulger died one day after being moved to the West Virginia penitentiary from Florida via Oklahoma, according to NBC News. The Boston Globe reported that Bulger had been killed inside the prison, and a “fellow inmate with Mafia ties” was being investigated in his death. A U.S. Attorney’s Office spokesperson confirmed that the feds were investigating but would release no other information."

Ah, yes.  Not to worry.  The Feds will "look after you."  Just like they always do.

Loverly pic of the scumbag that likes to do rapes to the sound of the evening news... :(

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. His lawyer wanted him moved to this jail. Or so I am told.

Jackstar

Word on the street is that Mueller ordered the hit, was caught, and is now extra-fucked, hence the "highly credible witness" canard.

Me, I think: Lodge orders is Lodge orders.

Nucky Nolan

They whacked him five minutes before the Grim Reaper could. He was almost 90!

Metron2267

Regardless, whack him they did, maybe 5 minutes before he started to sing... :o

Nucky Nolan

Thanks for the memories. I now remember what caused the feud.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 01, 2018, 07:24:35 PM
Thanks for the memories. I now remember what caused the feud.

It was Whitey Bulger related? ???

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2018, 07:31:56 PM
It was Whitey Bulger related? ???

Don't let it Troubles you. That's a hint, lad.

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on October 31, 2018, 06:26:02 PM
Word on the street is that Mueller ordered the hit, was caught, and is now extra-fucked, hence the "highly credible witness" canard.

Me, I think: Lodge orders is Lodge orders.

Nautical Shore