• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: whoozit on October 17, 2015, 05:02:45 PM
I want to send Dave and Tommy gift subscriptions.

Yes.  YES!

whoozit

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 17, 2015, 05:04:35 PM
Yes.  YES!
Art can have the first crack at it otherwise I call dibs.

LouSheehan

Does anyone know where Art came up with his show rating (top 25)?  Is it available on-line?

trostol

how much else is actually on at the hour Art is on that is live?..aside from that other show and OSOM i am not sure of much else on live..not that i really looked either lol

jazmunda

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 05:51:24 PM
Does anyone know where Art came up with his show rating (top 25)?  Is it available on-line?

It's a rating of the Top 25 Streaming Talk Shows

http://blog.talkstreamlive.com/

LouSheehan

The other thing I heard is that Art's former news guy wants to start up a full-fledged show, i.e., hours long, to compete with Art.  Has anyone heard of any developments or heard that there are non-developments?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on October 17, 2015, 08:08:23 AM
I was very happy to hear the number of terrestrial callers getting into the open lines show last night.  Also, two different callers were listening on 92.9 WRPW in Bloomington, IL. One of those two was just driving through the area and picked up the show!

Even though terrestrial radio is on the downward part of the curve, it still has a large audience especially among the older generations AND those folks driving around in their automobiles.

The terrestrial callers seem to be the best kind. I guess the craziest people just avoid the internet. I enjoyed last night's show, though I'm still worried about what happened to Mom.

EarthAlien007

Are we supposed to believe Noory has 1.8 and Art only has  0.7 ?
Only if the listeners are deaf and dumb, really dumb...

trostol

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 17, 2015, 06:01:19 PM

its believable since Art has only been back on for what..3 months and isn't on a huge amount of radios yet

EarthAlien007

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 05:59:08 PM
The other thing I heard is that Art's former news guy wants to start up a full-fledged show, i.e., hours long, to compete with Art.  Has anyone heard of any developments or heard that there are non-developments?

Leo's teamed up with J. Neil Schulman who, according the the domain registration info, lives in Pahrump. That's kinda creepy.

LouSheehan

AppealPlay

Sorry, Art, but we're now requiring you to work 7 days a week.  So...yeah, you have to be live at midnight. :D

K_Dubb

Yeah so glad he is on the radio.  That just seems right and proper.  I know streaming is supposed to be the future but for car and bedside listening the radio is still mindless and easy.

AppealPlay

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 17, 2015, 06:05:50 PM
Leo's teamed up with J. Neil Schulman who, according the the domain registration info, lives in Pahrump. That's kinda creepy.

Oh, that's lovely, Art has an insane roided up enemy that lives in his same town.  Comforting. :o

TigerLily

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 05:59:08 PM
That jackass! I'd like to stick my pointy-toed 4 inch stilettos right up his.... I'm really sorry Art didn't make him sign a non-compete. Wonder who's Art's lawyer, anyway.
  Don't think Leo is much of a threat. Just the idea of him makes me feel a bit homicidal.  >:(

EarthAlien007

Quote from: trostol on October 17, 2015, 06:04:58 PM
its believable since Art has only been back on for what..3 months and isn't on a huge amount of radios yet

I think this is for streaming (internet) radio.

Talk Stream Live
A Dynamic Directory of Internet Radio

AppealPlay

Quote from: trostol on October 17, 2015, 06:04:58 PM

Lotta folks probably don't even know Art's back on the air yet.  We're in his bubble as dyed in the wool vaguely lovables but there are many folks that just listen to whatever is on their favorite station.

TigerLily

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 17, 2015, 06:01:19 PM
You answered your own question. Just give it a few more months

trostol

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 17, 2015, 06:08:05 PM
I think this is for streaming (internet) radio.

hmm..tough to say but still... .7 for just 3 months cant be bad

LouSheehan

Yeah, and the less sophisticated--  like me (older people like me?)  -- might have yet to discover the quality and potential quality of internet radio.  Remember blogtalk?

AppealPlay

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 06:10:41 PM
Yeah, and the less sophisticated--  like me (older people like me?)  -- might have yet to discover the quality and potential quality of internet radio.  Remember blogtalk?

TO TALK TO THE HOST CALL IN AND PRESS 1 ON YOUR PHONE

jazmunda

Quote from: trostol on October 17, 2015, 06:09:36 PM
hmm..tough to say but still... .7 for just 3 months cant be bad

It only relates to the internet streaming. In a few months Art will surpass Noory's internet numbers.

Art Bell

We are actually doing more then well, it has been a amazing start and the numbers are now going fast indeed. Our "little Podcast" is crawling up their airtime fast.

Art

LouSheehan

Um.  Ok.  When are you going public with Art Bell Inc.?  I would like to buy a/some shares.  Perhaps at a discount as (i) I am a very earlier subscriber, (ii) I call in frequently, and (iii) I suggest guests.

LouSheehan

And while I might have your attention, 'North America' has 23 independent states plus other entities.  Might you just leave the one line for 'North America' and not list only the US and Canada.  After all and if nothing else, many people live in Mexico (which is part of 'North America').

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on October 17, 2015, 06:17:11 PM
We are actually doing more then well, it has been a amazing start and the numbers are now going fast indeed. Our "little Podcast" is crawling up their airtime fast.

Art

LouSheehan

And I remember the C@C comment about the "little podcast"/'get it'.

LouSheehan

Derisive comments like that -- especially in reply to good faith well-wishes -- motivate one, don't they?