• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Stranger929

Quote from: wr250 on February 28, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
i will seed as well

As will I. I need me some new, old, Art...  I can't take much more of Jimmy Church.

JethroGibbs

I'll seed as well when the torrent is ready.

From somewhere I picked up the first year of After Dark magazine in pdfs (1995). Would it be of interest to include these in the torrent?

Fun reading anyway :)

williedee

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 02, 2014, 12:29:23 PM
From somewhere I picked up the first year of After Dark magazine in pdfs (1995). Would it be of interest to include these in the torrent?

Fun reading anyway :)

Thanks, but its already in there :)

wr250

so how close are we  to release?

Quote from: williedee on March 02, 2014, 02:13:53 PM
Thanks, but its already in there :)

lol
Thought I'd offer anyway on the off chance you might need it :)

williedee

Quote from: wr250 on March 02, 2014, 02:46:40 PM
so how close are we  to release?

Pretty close, January had to take care of some personal stuff, so we are just starting on 1998 now, only a few years left :)

Jackstar

Perfect. I only need 1997. Thanks!

albrecht

I can't wait, will seed. I can't imagine the hardwork!!! From tapes, dupes, partial shows, and the frustrating naming issue on files and previous torrents, youtubes, archives, etc helping to confuse things. Plus the various and sundry ownership and 'disappearing' shows (I'm still trying to find that elusive "feral human" show!!) Thanks for the hardwork!

byte9

Quote from: williedee on March 02, 2014, 08:41:37 PM
Pretty close, January had to take care of some personal stuff, so we are just starting on 1998 now, only a few years left :)

God Speed brave soldier. :) The fat tubes await to spew forth copious Art.

byte9

Quote from: williedee on March 02, 2014, 08:41:37 PM

Doth thou heart still beat?

jan78

Quote from: albrecht on March 03, 2014, 10:16:04 PM
I can't wait, will seed. I can't imagine the hardwork!!! From tapes, dupes, partial shows, and the frustrating naming issue on files and previous torrents, youtubes, archives, etc helping to confuse things. Plus the various and sundry ownership and 'disappearing' shows (I'm still trying to find that elusive "feral human" show!!) Thanks for the hardwork!

You're welcome. You get the picture :) Also, replays vs. originals... Then you have the shows that are one file with one date but in fact are 2-3 or more shows or parts of shows merged together, that need to be split and identified - all kinds of fun. Some gems did turn up that way.

From here on, things will speed up... I keep saying saying that...  but 1998 was the most work of all, 1997 is easier.

The feral human show is still elusive...

Renton

That's confusing, are you guys going backwards then? I'm obviously wrong, but id assume that the older the shows the harder it was to check the labels, dates etc.

sontankm

Hi, I've never posted here before but have been a long time lurker and a rabid Art Bell fan since about 1993.  I've been watching this thread with great anticipation!  So excited and grateful for all the work being put in but was wondering if there's an ETA for this Final Torrent.  I'm a newbie to torrents in general but have a basic understanding.  If I can help in any way (in addition to seeding) please let me know!  Thank you Williedee and everyone helping!!

albrecht

Quote from: january on March 11, 2014, 11:46:18 AM

The feral human show is still elusive...

I know. I have begun to think I never heard it or misheard or something. But there are traces of others who also heard it. And some internet records of the broadcast. Very bizarre. Thanks for all your hard work regardless if that elusive show, or segment, or caller has been lost in the ether. I once had a website that, alas, was gone. Wayback machine etc no dice. Too early in the internet and computer and hosting company way long gone. Sometimes tempted to do a FOI request from NSA or something since I know ECHELON, and assorted entities, was still working in those days. But, then again, don't want to poke at the mean dog. And in a way more fun to reminisce with friends about it.

jimg

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to create an account almost exclusively to thank everybody who has been working hard in compiling these shows. The act truly goes beyond that of a group of fans collecting work from their favorite radio host, and enters into "creating an archive of one of the most important shows in broadcasting history, if not (then at least) of the late 20th century" territory. You guys should feel like true archivists, and proud of what you're doing. This is preservation of history, and this content could inform, insight and influence broadcasters, thinkers, and leaders indefinitely. Thank you guys for saving this stuff from disappearing for good. I can't wait for the final torrent.

Also...completely remember the feral human show. Was super weird, and great. = )

onan

Quote from: jimg on March 14, 2014, 01:38:52 PM
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to create an account almost exclusively to thank everybody who has been working hard in compiling these shows. The act truly goes beyond that of a group of fans collecting work from their favorite radio host, and enters into "creating an archive of one of the most important shows in broadcasting history, if not (then at least) of the late 20th century" territory. You guys should feel like true archivists, and proud of what you're doing. This is preservation of history, and this content could inform, insight and influence broadcasters, thinkers, and leaders indefinitely. Thank you guys for saving this stuff from disappearing for good. I can't wait for the final torrent.

Also...completely remember the feral human show. Was super weird, and great. = )

Welcome, and I concur.

zeebo

No pressure, but .... let's make this happen, Noory is sucking worse every day and classic Art is my main refuge. 

Also, to williedee and all others who are helping, thank you ... YOU ARE ALL ROCK STARS.

Lunger

darrenryall

Quote from: Lunger on March 17, 2014, 06:27:10 AM
Bump for interest

You're kidding right?  That's like bumping for sunlight and atmosphere.

Yeah, I know I'm interested.. Been listening to CTM and Veritas and Dark Matter sparingly to ration Art out, but no one does it like Art does it.  :)

williedee

1997 done! Only a few more shows left :)

Renton

I can't take the pressure!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o :o :o :o :o :o

jan78

jimg and onan: 
Thanks!  I'm glad that others share in the sense of mission, because that's how I feel about it.

Quote from: Renton on March 11, 2014, 01:09:42 PM
That's confusing, are you guys going backwards then? I'm obviously wrong, but id assume that the older the shows the harder it was to check the labels, dates etc.
For one thing, I find that the later shows refer to the earlier shows much more than the other way around, so that reviewing backwards has been a boon for filling missing info on earlier shows as I move back in time. It's true that the earlier years have gone more slowly due to there being more uncertainties to resolve, plus the remaining loose ends on integrating the collections from j. and w.  Thanks all for your patience, what's left of it  :)

Getting close to lift-off now :)

byte9

Luna

Yeah, I can't wait!! X3

Queen

Quote from: williedee on March 18, 2014, 10:24:01 AM
1997 done! Only a few more shows left :)

Any idea how many gigs this torrent will be?

Does this torent have the 8 hour show art did for new years2000?

And does this torrent have the art of talk?