Started by albrecht, January 16, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 19, 2017, 05:56:26 PM
Finally!  We have a Pro-American President again. ;D

Oh jeeze. You don't believe that do you? Seriously?  ;D

Luka Megurine

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 05:57:12 PM

He is more pro-American than the faggot nigger that's loosing his section 8 voucher tomorrow

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: lukathing03 on January 19, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
He is more pro-American than the faggot nigger that's loosing his section 8 voucher tomorrow

What makes you think your celibacy and self loathing is vital to everyone? Any evidence?

Jackstar

Donald Trump was being positioned as a popular man of the people as far back as 1984.

I know this, because I was there, watching TV.

Quote from: Sir Francis BaconAll the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts.

Both extremes--of condemnation and of celebratory ecstacy--are just that. Extreme. I wish I could get you kids off of my lawn.

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 06:03:28 PM
Donald Trump was being positioned as a popular man of the people as far back as 1984.

I know this, because I was there, watching TV.

Both extremes--of condemnation and of celebratory ecstacy--are just that. Extreme. I wish I could get you kids off of my lawn.

I'm not leaving.

Jackstar

They probably came for your milkshake.

Luka Megurine

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 06:00:17 PM

What makes you think your celibacy and self loathing is vital to everyone? Any evidence?

You fkn wot m8, I'll hook u in the gabber u cheeky cunt!

starrmtn001

Clip of the fireworks display.

Donald Trump Inauguration Fireworks | Donald Trump Amazing Inauguration.

https://youtu.be/nsp4RBXFxZE

Kidnostad3

Inappropriately posted earlier on another thread:

I am watching the wreath laying ceremony at the Lincoln Memorial. Trump's whole family is there and this is the first time I've seen all the Trump women in one place.  My first thought was that every one of them is stone gorgeous.  My second thought was:  I wonder if there is some sort of Stepford Wives thing going on here.  Just sayin'

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 19, 2017, 04:44:40 PM
Learned film buff that you are, you must realize the irony of what you just said about blacklisting.  ;)

Black lists are terrible.  I think anyone involed in the creation of a black list should be black listed.

Yorkshire pud

Apparently there's been a request for a different song on friday. They're going to accommodate the request.  ;D

https://youtu.be/ordeHUDbRts

starrmtn001

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 05:57:12 PM
Why, on Earth, would you care?  You don't even live here. :o

aldousburbank

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 06:22:01 PM
Black lists are terrible.  I think anyone involed in the creation of a black list should be black listed.

Yeah. I hate haters.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 19, 2017, 06:23:41 PM

He's MI6, love. pud...Yorkshire pud.  8)

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 06:22:01 PM

Amen, bro.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2017, 06:25:52 PM
He's MI6, love. pud...Yorkshire pud.  8)
Ah, I see.  Well.  That makes sense then, heh heh. ;) ;D

Yorkshire pud

Because contrary to popular belief in the USA, the USA isn't the only country in the world; but unfortunately they influence much of the planet. You could say that the other 95% of the planet's population that are none American have a vested interest.

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 19, 2017, 06:26:53 PM
A tip of my sombrero to you mam.
Aww, shucks.  Thank you, Aldous. :-*

starrmtn001

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 06:28:49 PM
Because contrary to popular belief in the USA, the USA isn't the only country in the world; but unfortunately they influence much of the planet. You could say that the other 95% of the planet's population that are none American have a vested interest.
Good point, which makes your comment even stranger. ???

aldousburbank

My 13 yr old genuisy son begged me to excuse him from school tomorrow so that we he can watch the inauguration. So yeah, we're saying adios to 8 years of obsequious sophistry by having a winning party. There will be bacon.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 19, 2017, 06:31:55 PM
Good point, which makes your comment even stranger. ???

About Trump having the best interests of the USA at heart? He has his own interests at heart. I don't know why that's open for debate; he's pretty much indicated he'll ensure his business interests will be his priority. The transition to the WH has so far yielded about 4% of the total staff required. In pretty much all departments. I would think he's been too busy juggling with his family to make sure the 'firm' isn't disadvantaged while he's slumming it for the next four years.

But, we'll see how popular he is in about twelve months time. If I'm wrong about him, I'll say so. But I won't be wrong.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

Pining for the good old days, eh? Well, it's not too late. you could always try to make Britain great again.  ;)

pyewacket

Don't let him spoil this for you, Starr. Thank you for posting all the links. I have enjoyed watching along with you. One of my kids will be in the parade tomorrow and has been keeping me updated on their preparations. I'm a proud mama. :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: pyewacket on January 19, 2017, 06:51:20 PM
Don't let him spoil this for you, Starr. Thank you for posting all the links. I have enjoyed watching along with you. One of my kids will be in the parade tomorrow and has been keeping me updated on their preparations. I'm a proud mama. :)
You are very welcome.  That's wonderful, Pyewacket!

Let who spoil this for me? ???  Heh, heh. ;) ;D

aldousburbank

I could not keep from laughing as I watched The Donald and Melania enter the Lincoln Memorial to the Stones' "Heart Of Stone" heh. Yeah, he saluted big Abe's statue to the glimmer twins as you can see in the first 13 seconds of this video.

https://youtu.be/o_Xvk-VF1UA

Kidnostad3

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 02:08:36 PM
True story;

The father of a school friend of my step daughter at the time had a face pock marked with purple dots (circa 2003). And he told me he was like that because his elder brother (many years before) had been in the armoury of the Royal Engineers. He was tasked (among other things) with bomb disposal. It goes without saying that in order to know how to disarm them, he needed to know how they were put together; and showed his younger brother (then aged about 16, about 1980) how to make a simple pipe bomb using easily available fireworks and other bits and pieces.

Having this new exciting information, he took his friends into an empty field and showed them the results of his work in the garden shed away from the prying eyes of his parents.

Apparently the thing didn't go off as expected and he went over to take a look; and then it did go off as expected. He was about ten feet away, and the white hot bits of gunpowder and other stuff embedded in his face, miraculously missing his eyes.

Anyway, older brother was not flavour of the month with the parents.

He told me that he was often asked to talk in schools to kids about the dangers of playing with chemicals they didn't fully understand.

I was involved in a similar incident as a lad.  After watching a 4th of July fireworks display a friend and I were walking through the area of the park from which the aerial display had been launched.  We noticed that one of the rockets had failed to launch and remained in its chute.  Of course we pinched it and the next day we decided that we would take it apart on a workbench in my friend's basement.  Inside we discovered paper wrapped canisters of various sizes and shapes and some cubes of what I think was gunpowder.  We placed all of the innards of the rocket on the far end of the bench  except for a small corner of one of the cubes that we had chipped off and placed on the opposite end about five feet away.  Then we struck a match and lit the tiny bit of the cube to see what would happen.  How were we to know that a spark from that miniscule piece of whatever it was could travel the entire length of the bench and set off off the pyrotechnic components we had placed there.

To make a long story short, after the resulting colorful indoor pyrotechnic display had stopped we ran around that  rather large cellar in dense black smoke putting out a number of small fires while my friend's mother stood at the head of the cellar stairs screaming hysterically.  While the situation was well under control one of the neighbors over reacted and called the fire department after seeing black smoke billowing out of the small ground level windows we had wisely opened.  When the firefighters arrived there was really nothing for them to do but they did help my friend's mother regain her composure by giving her some sort of tablet.  After being severely reprimanded by parents, firemen, neighbors and whoever else wandered in we were both grounded until our 21st birthday.

That is the gospel truth as I remember it or what I like to refer to as a "no shitter."   My friend and I talk about that adventure to this day.

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 07:31:47 PM
I was involved in a similar incident as a lad.  After watching a 4th of July fire works display a friend and I were walking through the area of the park from which the aerial display had been launched.  We noticed that one of the rockets had failed to launch and remained in its chute.  Of course we pinched it and the next day we decided that we would take it apart on a workbench in my friend's basement.  Inside we discovered paper wrapped canisters of various sizes and shapes and some cubes of what I think was gunpowder.  We placed all of the innards of the rocket on the far end of the bench  except for a small corner of one of the cubes that we had chipped off and placed on the opposite end about five feet away.  Then we struck a match and lit the tiny bit of the cube to see what would happen.  How were we to know that a spark from that miniscule piece of whatever it was could travel the entire length of the bench and set off off the pyrotechnic components we had placed there.

To make a long story short, after the resulting colorful indoor pyrotechnic display had stopped we ran around that  rather large cellar in dense black smoke putting out a number of small fires while my friends mother stood at the head of the cellar stairs screaming hysterically.  While the situation was well under control one of the neighbors over reacted and called the fire department after seeing black smoke billowing out of the small ground level windows we had wisely opened.  When the firefighters arrived there was really nothing for them to do but they did help my friends mother regain her composure by giving her some sort of tablet.  After being severely reprimanded by parents, firemen, neighbors and whoever else wandered in we were both grounded until our 21st birthday.

That is the gospel truth as I remember it or what I like to refer to as a "no shitter."   My friend and I talk about that adventure to this day.

That's funny glad no one was seriously injured. I used to make erm, "devices" when i was a kid with friends. We sucked at it though but the ones made with aluminum foil and drain cleaner were fun at 3:00 in the morning they probably woke up half the town ;D . One time we thought we would see what would happen if we filled a soda bottle up with gasoline and stick a rag in it light it on fire and just walk away and watch. We sat there waiting for a huge explosion but nothing happened it just burned kinda like a candle. So a really dimwitted friend ended up walking up to it to see if it was still burning after several minutes takes a look at it then kick it over and stomps on it. Flames went shooting 25 feet in a spectacular fireball catching most of the side yard and his grandparents driveway on fire. We ran and grabbed a hose but water don't put out gasoline fires very well but we eventually got it all put out.

He thought it was the coolest thing ever so the next weekend he did it again with a bigger soda bottle and caught some of the neighbors lawn on fire as well. I think back to that and think about how lucky he is that the side of the bottle didn't bust out and coat his legs in flaming gasoline.

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 07:31:47 PM
... one of the neighbors over reacted and called the fire department after seeing black smoke billowing out of the small ground level windows we had wisely opened.
Yeah, those damn neighbors were just over-the-top.  ;) ;D