A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

gbneely

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 29, 2014, 01:43:22 PM

No non-compete?  What did he do, look his contract over before signing it or something?

Wells didn't have the sack to "go all in."

FallenSeraph

Quote from: wr250 on January 29, 2014, 08:52:54 AM
oddly JBW is no longer listed as a host, only noory/knapp are

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good luck to Wells, hopefully this gives him a chance to better connect with the people that his show works for.

As for C2C, the drama continues. Who will we get on the weekend? I wonder if they will roll the dice and bring in a relative unknown like they did when they brought in Wells.

I would be happy with a SIT post show. Where people just talk about or continue the subject that was talked about in the Saturday SIT show.

Morgus

The direct link to the host page at the c2cam website for John B Wells apparently still works:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/john-b-wells

wr250

the upcoming shows only goto friday as well.

Little Hater

I used the CTM contact form to ask about Wells' tenure on C2C and got this reply:

Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry, news sure does travel fast.  Yes, he was advised yesterday that they are going to take Saturday nights in a different direction!!!  John B will be posting a message/statement on his website and the CTM and public figure FB pages either tonight or tomorrow.

We look forward to you joining John B in his new adventure launching Monday, February 3rd!

Best Regards,

Dianne

Assistant to John B Wells

Caravan To Midnight, Inc

b_dubb

Yeah we'll get right on that CaravanToCrazyTown.  Meanwhile I'll be watching Doomsday Preppers and making ammunition.

Morgus

Quote from: wr250 on January 29, 2014, 03:28:45 PM
the upcoming shows only goto friday as well.
thats normal since its only Wed - the c2cam website schedule usually only gets updated late on Thursday for the upcoming weekend and week.
we get no-Noory on Friday night, but pay for that with an extra dose of Noory on Sunday for his regular first Sunday of the month show with his 'submerging artists' bumper music...

bateman

Quote from: Little Hater on January 29, 2014, 03:42:33 PM
I used the CTM contact form to ask about Wells' tenure on C2C and got this reply:

Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry, news sure does travel fast.  Yes, he was advised yesterday that they are going to take Saturday nights in a different direction!!!  John B will be posting a message/statement on his website and the CTM and public figure FB pages either tonight or tomorrow.

We look forward to you joining John B in his new adventure launching Monday, February 3rd!

Best Regards,

Dianne

Caravan To Midnight, Inc

They are totally pissed about the new show. Schrader Saturdays from here on out?

Morgus

a "different direction" ?
hope that doesn't mean Noory is going to take over Saturday nights too.
Maybe Wells pissed off Noory by daring to start his own independent pay subscription podcast?
Perhaps too similar to how Noory has his "Beyond Bullief" subscription videocast and Noory thought that only he is allowed to do that?  8)

Morgus

So, the hints that Wells dropped back in December have now come true?

gbneely

Quote from: bateman on January 29, 2014, 03:49:28 PM
They are totally pissed about the new show. Schrader Saturdays from here on out?

Saturday with Bateman?  ;)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Morgus on January 29, 2014, 03:49:56 PM
hope that doesn't mean Noory is going to take over Saturday nights too.
Maybe Wells pissed off Noory by daring to start his own independent pay subscription podcast?
Perhaps too similar to how Noory has his "Beyond Bullief" subscription videocast and Noory thought that only he is allowed to do that?  8)
If its true that PRN dumped Toxic John, it's because the Saturday ratings cratered, and that's because he's such an absolute downer almost every show. The advertisers on the local AM station aren't after doomsday preppers, and I suspect that's true in most markets. 

Quote from: Morgus on January 29, 2014, 03:49:56 PM

Katherine Albrecht.
She actually pays attention to the guests and the callers. That would be a different direction for C2C.

I remember the show she did one month ago, she was following up on the guests statements, asking for clarification, listening to callers and giving germane responses.

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 29, 2014, 07:04:18 PM
Katherine Albrecht.
She actually pays attention to the guests and the callers. That would be a different direction for C2C.

Already does a show of sorts: http://www.katherinealbrecht.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=48

VtaGeezer

Schrader is sharp, and has the chops for alternative and paranormal topics, but PRN has steered C2C hard starboard since 08. I expect they'll find another rightwinger, just not as dark and depressing as Toxic John.

FallenSeraph

Steve,

Best Regards,

Dianne

Caravan To Midnight, Inc

Thanks for asking! 

I'm kind of jealous of Dianne. I wanna be "Assistant to John B. Wells."

I'll check out his show if he allows us to do it without paying for a while. The last time I looked, the only option was to pay for a year's subscription upfront. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

"He was advised yesterday that they are going to take Saturday nights in a different direction!!!" â€" damn he got the BOOT. That sucks. I know he's got a lot of people here who are thrilled about this development, but I for one am REALLY bummed. That was a big mistake. JBW has a lot of horny housewives out there who love his voice. I'm not a housewife.

bigchucka

I wonder if Premier asked Sirius if they could ask Art if he wanted it so he could tell em to fuck off for old times sake...

Dateline

Rob Simone would be my choice.  Dave Schrader would be a close second.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Dateline on January 29, 2014, 07:37:52 PM
Rob Simone would be my choice.  Dave Schrader would be a close second.

I like both of these guys!

FallenSeraph

I know it starts next week, but I wanted to have the special privilege of starting the thread for it.

Am I going to be the only one who checks it out?

Probably.

Depressed.

Huge news. c2c fired noory Wells. The first thing they have done right since art left.  I wonder if Noory and his Until man is on mars contract is on the line next.

Mels-hole1984

I know I'm in the minority here but, I actually enjoyed listening to Wells.

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on January 29, 2014, 08:13:40 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but, I actually enjoyed listening to Wells.

Yes, dont worry you can still listen to him on caravan to crazy town.

Why is his show making midnight refrences if its on 11am â€" 2pm EST???

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 29, 2014, 08:17:16 PM
Yes, dont worry you can still listen to him on caravan to crazy town.

Why is his show making midnight refrences if its on 11am â€" 2pm EST???

Wow. Even if you're a Wells fan, who wants to listen to him in the middle of the day? That's just bizarre scheduling.

Quote from: bateman on January 29, 2014, 08:21:43 PM
Wow. Even if you're a Wells fan, who wants to listen to him in the middle of the day? That's just bizarre scheduling.

he is sort of like Alex Jones. I believe his show is on during the day, I dont see much difference. Wells really doesnt do paranormal shows, If we take Noory at his word in which he states c2c is trying to have more paranormal shows, then that would explain the firing.

In all honesty I wish Wells well. He wasn't a douche like Noory. Wells also doesnt suck as much as Noory. He was just thrown on c2c because of his deep voice. it was a bad fit from the get go. I blame Clear channel for hiring him.

Birdie

I am going to listen, too. I like John B. (ducks the rotten veg flung at my head). Some of his right wing rhetoric bothers me, but I try to be an adult and overlook it. I try to take away only what interests me.
The Fukishima stuff freaks me out and I think he is on target with his comments and concerns. I liked CTM on FB and some interesting articles have come my way from the site, including info about the fight against Monsanto. Plus, that article about what farm raised fish in China are fed. Horribly gross.

I am excited for him and I wish him all the best on the new show :)