A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

FallenSeraph

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 02, 2014, 12:22:38 PM
Two points on Wells
Concerning his popularity, whether some admit it or not, he was one of the more prominent figures as a host on Coast. I have been deluged with any many emails and hits for John Wells on my website as I was when Art Bell came back and left again...
Just a different crowd, but as popular nonetheless.

And two: I wish, really do wish, he would have done at least one Ghost to Ghost. Whether we love his politics or not, his voice for a ghost show would have been pretty damn cool..
Maybe the caravan will host a few topics of oddities. He seemed to be into UFOs, unless that was just pretend like Mike Seigel used to pretend to like cats.

Hey, what's your website, HorrorReporter?

Quote from: No Name Storm on February 02, 2014, 12:53:29 PM
He didn't do a Ghost to Ghost because he had no....none....zero.....interest in doing paranormal radio. He took the gig in order to spread his toxic....yes....TOXIC brand of politics and bullshit. He thought he precious, electronically controlled voice would sway people....well, no. I heard his real voice. What a freaking fake! He has a shitty, normal voice. LOL. His mic is electronically outfitted to make that voice sound deep. LOL.

He is no better than Alex Jones and that means pure trash and right wing wacko rich guy making money off survival junk. How disgusting. Again:

Ding Dong, the Wells is gone...gone....gone.

He had a small interest in UFOs, but probably because he thought they were armed drones stalking him

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 02, 2014, 01:43:16 PM
Hey, what's your website, HorrorReporter?

I don't really know,
but probably radiowingnuts.com

Uncle Duke

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 02, 2014, 02:03:48 PM
He had a small interest in UFOs, but probably because he thought they were armed drones stalking him

Wells claimed to be an pilot.  Never worked with a pilot who didn't have at least a passing interest in UFOs.  Funniest line I ever heard on the subject was from a former F-111 pilot who was stationed in the UK back in 1980s.  He told me, "I don't believe in UFOs.  I had one chase me across the North Sea one night, but I don't believe in them."

I seldom listened to Wells.  His guests were usually not of particular interest to me, and I didn't think he had a good radio presence.  Wish him no ill will, I'm sure there are others who look forward to hearing him in his new gig.

UFQuack

Quote from: laserjock on February 02, 2014, 10:03:59 AM
But yes, some posts about Noory are caustic but there's a difference here.

Lame

QuoteI am done with you

You promise?

Quote"but do me a favor"

No deal, I ain't doing no goddamn favors.

...and so I want to reiterate that I enjoyed hearing Wells, I don't always agree with Alex Jones but do acknowledge his right to exist, I don't watch Fox news or NBC and whatnot. I'm not a neocon. I'm not a party-politics person. I don't enjoy being pulled into any political party's baggage. Anything else? I just want to be left the fuck alone to do and say as I please, all I ask is don't overstep that or I'm going to shit all over you.

laserjock

wow, shit all over me.  Threats from a real badass tough guy.  Good going.

Scully

Quote from: UFQuack on February 02, 2014, 08:40:39 PM
Lame

You promise?

No deal, I ain't doing no goddamn favors.

...and so I want to reiterate that I enjoyed hearing Wells, I don't always agree with Alex Jones but do acknowledge his right to exist, I don't watch Fox news or NBC and whatnot. I'm not a neocon. I'm not a party-politics person. I don't enjoy being pulled into any political party's baggage. Anything else? I just want to be left the fuck alone to do and say as I please, all I ask is don't overstep that or I'm going to shit all over you.

You're a class act all the way UFQuack.  Now put a sock in it.  You're the one who's offbase here.  >:(

b_dubb

Troll wackamole.  We should all chip in for a bottle of aspirin for MV. Maybe a bottle of Jack too.

46blitz

Ironic how one day after the sloop John B has sailed, Noory has Alex Jones on.

wr250

Quote from: 46blitz on February 03, 2014, 09:49:49 AM
Ironic how one day after the sloop John B has sailed, Noory has Alex Jones on.

sloop John B. Wells (beach boys):

We come on the sloop john b
My knapp as host and me
Around am radio we did roam
listening all night
not feelin so bright
While noory kept me up
I want Art to come home

So hoist up the john bs sail
See how the main host sets
Call for the captain Snore
Let Art come home, let Art come home
I want Art to come home, yeah yeah
While noory kept me up
I want Art to come home

The first mate,Ian,he got drunk
And broke in the capns trunk
The tinnitus came and took him away
Sheriff John Wells
Why doesn't  Noory leave us alone, yeah yeah
While noory kept me up
I want Art to come home

I want Art to come home, let Art come home
Why don't you let Art come home
(hoist up the john bs sail)
Hoist up the john b
While noory kept me up
I want Art to come home
Let Art come home

The poor cook John,he caught the fits
And Wells threw away all my grits
And then he took and he ate up all of my corn
Let Art come home
Why don't they let Art come home
This is the worst ride Ive ever been on

I want Art to come home, let Art come home
Why don't you let Art come home

FallenSeraph

Well, it's Day 1 of his new show and it looks like the server is down. And WOW, you have to be a paying member to tune in. I thought the subscription was just to access the show/archives at any time of day. I thought everyone would be able to tune in when it's live.

My mind is kind of blown. He should have at least made Week 1 of the show as open access so people would know what they're paying for. There's no way I'm going to subscribe to a show without having ever heard it. Well, wait -- I did it with Dark Matter. But that's different.

Bummed. Weird move, John B.

FallenSeraph

From the CTM website:

Technical Difficulties

May you all be blessed. Technical Difficulties. Your overwhelming response has crashed our very large server. We are bringing an additional server online at this moment.

Please stand-by. A Thousand pardons and a Thousand thanks!

John B.

(hate it when that happens)

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 03, 2014, 10:43:20 AM
My mind is kind of blown. He should have at least made Week 1 of the show as open access so people would know what they're paying for. There's no way I'm going to subscribe to a show without having ever heard it. Well, wait -- I did it with Dark Matter. But that's different.

Maybe the episodes will be on youtube after a day or two.

46blitz

Quote from: wr250 on February 03, 2014, 10:04:24 AM

lol, that was pretty good.  I did like him as a host tho.  He had a dry sense of humor.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on February 03, 2014, 10:04:24 AM

Bravo! Another piece of inspired song parody.

cweb

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 03, 2014, 10:56:36 AM
Maybe the episodes will be on youtube after a day or two.
Here's hoping, because I agree with Seraphim-- I'm not paying for something I haven't been able to sample first.

Wondering if John B needs/ wants the cash, so that's why he didn't give away the first week of streaming for free. It sounds like he wants to please his listeners, but this isn't a great way to keep them or gain new ones.

Jackstar

You guys should all get together and open a restaurant.

Morgus

Wells should offer a free trial period, even Noory does that for his "Beyond Belief" videocast.
Even Sirius offered a 30day free trial...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: cweb on February 03, 2014, 11:52:13 AM
Here's hoping, because I agree with Seraphim-- I'm not paying for something I haven't been able to sample first.

Wondering if John B needs/ wants the cash, so that's why he didn't give away the first week of streaming for free. It sounds like he wants to please his listeners, but this isn't a great way to keep them or gain new ones.

I think he wants to tell any of the faithful what they want to hear. i.e. The world is imminently being swallowed by the giant NWO/ Illuminati/ Alien HAARP/ collective who wanna steal ur gurns. However, help is at hand: Just buy at a 10% discount our new fangled water purifying/ air freshening/ atom cleaning, gadget at a mere $4999.99. Order early and beat the rush. In short he's doing it for the money.

NXOEED

I just found out about this. I visited his website and got excited for a second, only to realize that it's a subscription-based stream. What the hell is up with these guys? Why aren't they content to live off of Audible and Warby Parker ad spots like Maron and the other podcasters? Why must they keep pretending that it's 2003 and people are still listening live to this shit?

No offense, live listeners. You know what I mean. It's not the "live listening" so much as the notion that anybody would want to pay for the privilege.

It irritates me when these guys preach about the bright future of radio and podcasting, and then adopt a model that's about ten years behind everybody else.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 01:58:22 PM
Me tinks he has much more extreme views than we gave him credit for..
No doubt.  Although --count on it--  that as he rants and cusses for the public disembowelment of Obama (all 4 of them-- root and branch, ya know), and the elimination of any future threat of such rabble-induced "mistakes" by installation of a permanent military dictatorship, he will steadfastly keep reassuring himself if no-one else that "it's not about Left or Right, it's about Us, maaaaaan!"

cweb

You're right. And I don't believe a lot of the crazy gurn-stealing talk.

I don't really care if he's in it for the money, if he's entertaining. Some of his Coast shows were. If he could prove that PremRat was the reason for the crappier shows he did by offering a free trial and making the majority of his trial-period shows entertaining-- it would be a lot easier for people to fork over the dough.

Though I could really use a toaster that detects fermions...  :D

Morgus

Did Wells ever get his streaming fixed earlier today?
I heard his server was overloaded.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Morgus on February 03, 2014, 07:39:10 PM
Did Wells ever get his streaming fixed medication adjusted earlier today?
I heard his server was synapses were overloaded.
Clarified it for the folks, Morgus.

Designx

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2014, 09:30:28 PM
Did anyone besides me and about 300 people see this insane video?

Caravan To Midnight - The John B. Wells Program - Episode 1: "Launch Deferred"

I think it was a bad idea to drop Wells as much of a lunatic that he was - I don't think Coast can survive in the future on paranormal/UFO topics alone with a host as bad as Noory. Hopefully we don't start seeing Alex Jones hosting Saturday nights.

ziznak

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2014, 09:30:28 PM
Did anyone besides me and about 300 people see this insane video?

Caravan To Midnight - The John B. Wells Program - Episode 1: "Launch Deferred"

i puked a little bit on myself when i noticed it was my finger clicking the "subscribe" button.... then again a subscription from me on youtube isn't difficult.
his over use of eye contact is downright CREEEEEEPY

area51drone

He's certainly not crashing youtube, by the 1,400 hits to the video, the response has not been overwhelming.  Bye bye Mr. Wells.

Morgus

Wells claimed thousands upon thousands...