A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

albrecht

I don't mind JBW- sometimes. Would rather as an occasional guest and not so frequently though. At least he has some interesting shows sometimes. If you aren't outraged than you are asleep. Things like Fukishima and the police state should make people angry. But I'm all for C2C going back to more paranormal but hope they still have some stuff on conspiracy, assassinations, cults, etc also. The key, however, is that whatever the new host is is that they ASK QUESTIONS, try to know the guest's material, and pay attention to guests/callers. And not just mail it in like a certain host does. They can be polite but there is nothing with calling out a guest or asking real questions of him. And no more health cures infomercial shows, please!

Ben Shockley

Quote from: laserjock on February 01, 2014, 12:17:16 AM
OOOHHH, thank God Wells is leaving! ...his politics was so extreme it was offensive, he called the President names in a message to me...  He's a loose canon and can't control himself... I am also weary of Noory's politics.  Ian and...Knapp at least try and be balanced and respectful of the fact that [not all their listeners are] extremists.  Good Riddance, Wells...
Quote from: laserjock on February 01, 2014, 09:26:00 AM
Sorry, it isn't horseshit unless you are to the extreme right and an Alex Jones fan.  He was very toxic, almost voilent in his words, he tried to incite people [with his] literally hateful, toxic attitude... Those of you from the extreme right should be honest, Wells was a political mouth and turned the show into a toxic cesspool of political commentary... I don't care to listen to another Rush Limbaugh late at night.
Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 31, 2014, 10:06:33 AM
Any decent shows that Toxic John hosted were in spite of his efforts, not because of them.

I second these emotions.

I can't reveal sources, but Saturday's will belong to the Numbers Lady! C2C Saturday Night Bingo!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Scully on January 31, 2014, 11:48:23 PM
Worse is the looming specter of Noory's godfathering of Simone ... now that is truly frightening.

Haha I kind of like the thought of Noory as a behind-the-scenes Godfather. That would redeem him a little in my eyes.

Real power is not being afraid to give some of it away, George! And that's pretty sexy, too. Listen to your armchair-quarterback-PR pro.  ;)

I'm always torn between being irritated with George and wanting to help him. Same with JBW, actually.

So many feelings.

gx2music

Quote from: UFQuack on January 31, 2014, 04:11:39 AM
No more John B Zombie weekend  :(

He really had some good shows. Coast will just become fully boring now. Noory says it will return to its roots "to concentrate more on the unusual and the paranormal". To tell the truth I enjoyed a break from this garbage on Saturday nights. At least Wells was fighting the corporate government, and I have no doubt Wells wanted to leave but at least he was using a nationwide radio network to fight the system, now what?

And please--for the love of GOD--don't bring back Ian Punishment or anybody as dweeb-like as he was!

i agree..  Wells was a nice break from the paranormal stuff and was refreshingly different.   maybe he just got TOO popular..

46blitz

Bummer, I liked John B.  Different but you can tell he was being stifled.  His bumper music was good and he had nice little snippets he would throw in about some of the songs.  Noory sux and does infomercials.  Has no idea wha the guest is saying and the conversations just get confused and disjointed.  Knapp is ok but dry and too PC.  Their bumper music can be heard on any oldies station at any time.

Nebraska888

Quote from: gx2music on February 01, 2014, 01:08:56 PM
i agree..  Wells was a nice break from the paranormal stuff and was refreshingly different.   maybe he just got TOO popular..

Really?  I honestly don't know why people want to be DEPRESSED AND PARANOID......which was always the result after listening to John.  I had to quit Saturday nights.........they were such DOWNERS.    :(

albrecht

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 01, 2014, 02:03:06 PM
Really?  I honestly don't know why people want to be DEPRESSED AND PARANOID......which was always the result after listening to John.  I had to quit Saturday nights.........they were such DOWNERS.    :(

True they were downers, but ignoring the problems doesn't make them go away. Maybe being depressed and paranoid is a rational, healthy response to things like political corruption, unnecessary wars, nuclear disasters, economic hardships, etc? I wouldn't mind JBW coming on every so often to do his shows but I agree that a DAILY does of "doom and gloom" does get tiresome.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Morgus

Quote from: gx2music on February 01, 2014, 01:08:56 PM
Wells was a nice break from the paranormal stuff and was refreshingly different.   maybe he just got TOO popular..
Interestingly, Wells reportedly commented on some internet streaming show yesterday that his Saturday c2cam shows were getting the highest ratings of all the hosts, even higher than  Noory's weeknight shows.
Why would the network cancel a host with the highest ratings instead of moving him to weeknights and cancel Noory instead?
Something doesn't sound right - either Wells is lying about his ratings or some other force is at work here, perhaps Noory dabbling in black magic again?  8)

gx2music

Quote from: Morgus on February 01, 2014, 02:25:05 PM
Interestingly, Wells reportedly commented on some internet streaming show yesterday that his Saturday XXXXX shows were getting the highest ratings of all the hosts, even higher than  Noory's weeknight shows.
Why would the network cancel a host with the highest ratings instead of moving him to weeknights and cancel Noory instead?
Something doesn't sound right - either Wells is lying about his ratings or some other force is at work here, perhaps Noory dabbling in black magic again?  8)

i can vouch for that ..   wells was highly popular.

( altered your quote to protect our best friend on the internet..  that guy does an amazing job for c2c ...  )

albrecht

I would have to see the numbers and see if they were consistently higher on the Saturday shows with JBW over time and not simply because more people can listen to C2C on a Sat. I'm wondering if certain days of week naturally get higher numbers. People don't have to work on Sunday so stay up later on Sat, people driving home from bars, people travel on weekends and so might be driving somewhere and listening to radio, etc.

Juan

Wells may have wanted to be paid according to his ratings. 

Here's what I suspect happened.  Wells signed a two-year contract.  As the two years neared an end, Wells' agent and the PTB at Cheap Channel began discussing a new contract.  They did not reach an agreement in their negotiations.  Back in December, the agent told Wells that Cheap Channel wasn't being reasonable (whether they were or not).  Wells set up the Caravan to Midnight site as a fallback plan and began hinting.

BTW, I haven't been able to get to the CTM site in a couple of days.  It seems to be down.

FallenSeraph

I don't know why the poll at top isn't self-adjusting to show that more people have now voted for "Frankenstein's Monster."

If only Johnny B. had kept more to the Coast classic weird topics, and less to the govmint conspiracy ones, he would have been GREAT.

That deep, resonant, slightly stoned voice in the late late night, coupled with obscure and tasty bumper music, were perfect mood setters, if you get my drift and I know that you do.

Remember how in the final scene of "Young Frankenstein", Peter Boyle's monster is pretty sexy and Madeline Kahn is LOVING it!

I will miss JBW, and wish him well.

gx2music

Quote from: Étouffée on February 01, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
If only Johnny B. had kept more to the Coast classic weird topics, and less to the govmint conspiracy ones, he would have been GREAT.

That deep, resonant, slightly stoned voice in the late late night, coupled with obscure and tasty bumper music, were perfect mood setters, if you get my drift and I know that you do.

Remember how in the final scene of "Young Frankenstein", Peter Boyle's monster is pretty sexy and Madeline Kahn is LOVING it!

I will miss JBW, and wish him well.

i'll miss JBW as well..  he came across as being honest..  and even if you didnt like him, at least you knew where he stood.  c2c dropping him is utterly crazy.

46blitz

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 01, 2014, 02:03:06 PM

Just cover your ears and say lalalalalalalalaa :)

Dateline

I have been researching this topic on the C2C Facebook page.  The masses are not happy with this decision, firing Wells.

If 46blitz and gx2music are correct about the ratings being up and people being angry about Wells leaving, then I think Juan is correct and Wells was asking for more than whatever low salary Clear Channel was willing to pay him. Clear Channel thought "Hey we can bring in some young and hungry guy willing to work for peanuts".

It looks like a similar situation to Glenn Beck and Fox last year.

UFQuack

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2014, 02:44:52 AM
You're right; horse shit is just grass and hay. Although I wouldn't recommend having it in your diet.

I disagree, horseshit is not just grass and hay. Horseshit is horse shit, grass and hay is grass and hay. I wouldn't recommend eating either horseshit or grass and hay.

UFQuack

Quote from: laserjock on February 01, 2014, 09:26:00 AM
Sorry, it isn't horseshit unless you are to the extreme right and an Alex Jones fan.  He was very toxic, almost voilent in his words, he tried to incite people.  Noory does that also with certain issues, such as global climate change and inoculations, but nothing like the literally hateful, toxic attitude from Wells.  Those of you from the extreme right should be honest, Wells was a political mouth and turned the show into a toxic cesspool of political commentary.  I quickly grew weary of it, I don't even watch MSNBC or Fox any longer, I'm tired of politics, all it is is rhetoric and opinion, not substance.  Thank God almighty that Wells is moving on to a more appropriate venue.  I don't care to listen to another Rush Limbaugh late at night.

Excuse me--but I find it really really hard to believe that we still getting this "preaching tolerance" business on a site that's like the wild west for picking on one man, Jorch Noory. I think you radical lefties (and I'm not even talking those who are left-leaning politically mind you) will find yourself that you are on the wrong website.

Birdie

Is there somewhere online to view c2c ratings? Or is info difficult to compile, due to all the different affiliates? I would love to know if John did have higher ratings than George.

VtaGeezer

Interestingly, Wells reportedly commented on some internet streaming show yesterday that his Saturday c2cam shows were getting the highest ratings of all the hosts, even higher than  Noory's weeknight shows.
I don't buy that for a minute without actual Arbitron numbers.  The grade of typical Wells callers showed the damage he did to the Saturday audience that was built with Punnett's intelligent, outside-the-box, and well-prepped interviews...with guests not recruited from rightwing paranoia blogs.

Quote from: Birdie on February 01, 2014, 07:46:10 PM
Is there somewhere online to view c2c ratings? Or is info difficult to compile, due to all the different affiliates? I would love to know if John did have higher ratings than George.

I think Talkers Magazine ? I imagine Nielsen has something behind a paywall. Sorry I can't be of more help.

UFQuack

Quote from: wr250 on February 01, 2014, 09:32:40 AM
you mean like pizza punch? how about any number of books art (co)wrote? art sold his own shows as well, before premier bought him out .

lol, I suspect "pizza punch" was just repackaged italian dressing. It's just oil and some vinegar and seasonings. Put a little italian dressing on pizza, it isn't bad at all.

VtaGeezer

You need a paid subscription to get the detailed data; beyond the top rated daytime shows.

What city are you in? You might be able to find the information from a local university library. Especially a university with a decent media research or journalism program.

albrecht

Quote from: UFQuack on February 01, 2014, 07:51:03 PM
lol, I suspect "pizza punch" was just repackaged italian dressing. It's just oil and some vinegar and seasonings. Put a little italian dressing on pizza, it isn't bad at all.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=5194.0

Now if I only could get some of that HGH he was always hawking I could get off the couch to change the channel on my CC Radio.

UFQuack

Jeez is it so hard to believe Wells's ratings would beat Snoorz's? Premiere could hire an ant tapping morse code into the microphone to do the show and that would probably pull higher ratings!

Good riddance to Wells, Saturday nights will be better off without him, and I'm looking forward to see who gets that spot from now on. This may get me listening to weekend Coast again which would be a first in a few years. I do miss listening to actual radio, just so few shows are good nowadays. Despite the nostalgia for AM I won't put up with Alex Jones type fear mongering. Conspiracy paranoia doesn't do a thing for me.

laserjock

Quote from: UFQuack on February 01, 2014, 07:45:15 PM
Excuse me--but I find it really really hard to believe that we still getting this "preaching tolerance" business on a site that's like the wild west for picking on one man, Jorch Noory. I think you radical lefties (and I'm not even talking those who are left-leaning politically mind you) will find yourself that you are on the wrong website.

Is that a veiled threat that me or any other moderate should leave?  People here have been more than welcoming to me, and I see a number of people agreeing or seeing things just as I do.  Alex Jones is a crazy nut, and Wells promoted him very hard.  The extremism is on that end, not my moderate liberal stance.  I am libertarian on many viewpoints.  I am religious.  I am for family values.  I just don't like how Jones tries to incite violence based upon radical un-trueths.  Most of what Wells purported is not supportable with any legitimate evidence.  Sure, I don't trust the government either, but he went about it all wrong, and his take on it, a take from the radical extreme right, took away from what might have been some reasonable concerns.  Fukushima, Drones, NSA, they are all very important issues, but he ruined them.  He was beligerant and hateful, I exchanged a few messages with him and trust me, he acted like an over sensitive baby, and a bit of a jerk.  He is that type of person who is incapable of listening to anyone else's viewpoints, not good for a talk show host.  He chose some reasonable topics, but butchered them.  He was caustic. 

Just because the girls here are right leaning and goo goo eyed over his low pitched voice doesn't mean this forum is unwelcome for a moderate like me.  If MV says otherwise, well, then...  But it seems to me that reasoning from either side of the fence has value in an argument.  There's many aspects to good argument, Aristotle taught, among other things, the concepts of Pathos, Ethos, and Logos.  There are many aspects to a good, credible argument.  Noory and Wells, especially Wells, don't show capabilities critical to the thinking involved to make professional arguments.  It is a skill.  So what if his voice turned on women.  I have a voice like that also, a deep voice is a dime a dozen, what matters is the substance behind the voice, and the heart behind it too.  Wells acted like a paranoid android, and snoory is just a robot totally disengaged. 

Take a few weeks without listening to your right wing pundits and follow some real news, PBS, CNN, Al Jazeera, and open the spectrum of your value system.  Wells was out of line, he was turning the show into is personal political agenda pushing drama.  Art never did anything close to that.  I don't mind hearing opposing viewpoints, but I like to hear ethos and logos when I do.  Wells only had pathos.  I don't want to listen to histrionics at 1 AM.  I DO want to hear discussion on the real dangers of the NSA, but not unfounded conspiracies claimed by people totally lacking credibility.

If you are trying to threaten those of us that are slightly to the left to leave here, sorry, I'm not leaving.  The world is what we make it.  Reasoning comes from many directions.