• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Seamus Capone

There was a discussion about the History Channel upthread. They created one or more spinoff channels, so you have to subscribe to a more expensive cable lineup to get the *real* historical programs that were the bread and butter of THC in the past. I think that A&E did the same thing. It doesn't air those great Biography shows like it did in the past. You have to watch them on the Bio Channel AFAIK. Here, that means that you have to pay more to watch them. You sometimes wonder if we were better off when there were fewer cable channels and programs. Shows are spread pretty thin over the vast wasteland.

b_dubb

lawyers are bad. southern lawyers are even worse

Frys Girl

Some Israelis are coming out with a dog channel. 4.95 a month so your dog can have entertainment. Please. All my dog needs is dirty underwear and a kong. That annoys me.

Also, this George Washington chicken nugget story annoys me. I see this kinda thing all the time, and I think to myself "it's just me. I'm crazy. This is dumb and embarrassing." I can't believe how stupid stuff makes the news. Right there between interest rates and taxes going up.

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on March 07, 2012, 08:02:59 AM
lawyers are bad. southern lawyers are even worse

The Southern Poverty Law Center is the worst of all.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on March 07, 2012, 10:44:12 AM

The Southern Poverty Law Center is the worst of all.

Amen. The only accurate adjective there is Southern. They are not poor and have no regard for law.

When I bought one of Hunter S Thompson awful "books" published late in his life, I saw Morri$ Dee$ name listed in his "honor roll". I threw the fucking thing in the trash. Thompson killed himself 15 years too late.

Morgus

Daylight savings time changing so early nowadays - coming this Sunday March 11.
Changing to daylight savings (which is for the summer months) before winter is even officially over is just weird...  :o

MV/Liberace!

i hate it when bananas get black spots on them.  i find it disgusting.

The General

Quote from: Morgus on March 07, 2012, 04:02:50 PM
Daylight savings time changing so early nowadays - coming this Sunday March 11.
Changing to daylight savings (which is for the summer months) before winter is even officially over is just weird...  :o

Sweet Jeeezus, don't get me started.  I hate daylight savings time.

Frys Girl

I've had it with my neighbors. They don't pick up after their two dogs, whom they let out in the AM and PM with no leash or supervision. I love the dogs, as aggressive and disgusting as they may be. It isn't their fault their owners are lazy turds.

Finally, today I called the animal control violation division and told them that these phuckers need to get checked. I'm sick of picking up four sets of shits each day. Today, I had to be financially inconvenienced because I took my dog to the vet. Yea, she has an infection. Yea. 209.10 bill. Fuck you neighbors!

LaSt night, one of their dogs, which is black, almost got hit by a limousine! The driver honked like hell. I felt so bad for the dog. I live next door to lazy assholes.

Eddie Coyle

Fuckin' allegies. First warm day and the hayfever starts. I just unloaded a sneeze that Peter North would be jealous of. And I think I got a sunburn too. Fucker.

Oliver Cromwell you suck!

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl
LaSt night, one of their dogs, which is black, almost got hit by a limousine! The driver honked like hell. I felt so bad for the dog. I live next door to lazy assholes.
I'm sorry to hear your dog is sick. You did the right thing calling Animal Control. They're obviously not even quasi-responsible dog owners. I hope that things work out

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 08, 2012, 06:44:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear your dog is sick. You did the right thing calling Animal Control. They're obviously not even quasi-responsible dog owners. I hope that things work out
Thanks awww. I felt kinda bad but I can't afford to keep going to the vet.

McPhallus

People who confuse regimen/regiment.

i.e.,

"Today I started a new workout regiment."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on March 08, 2012, 09:43:43 PM

i.e.,

oh god that annoys me.

MV/Liberace!

i.e.,

kinda reminds me of a guy i know who CONSISTENTLY calls it a cadillac converter (when referring to a part of a car's exhaust system).

Morgus

i.e.,

sounds like what Noory does all the time...  :o

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 07, 2012, 04:28:58 PM
i hate it when bananas get black spots on them.  i find it disgusting.

It is even more disgusting when black spots get bananas on them.

Seamus Capone

English-speakers who confuse:

their with there or they're
to with too
woman with women
looser with loser
than with then
your with you're
ancestor with descendant

ksm32

Animal "doctors".. I wont't call them "vets".. $600. to help my friend out. Dropped him off at 8;30 am.. picked him up at 2 pm.
CHINA!! any country that see's baby Henry as food has got to go.

Eddie Coyle

"Kony 2012" and any effort to further involve US intervention in Africa. The guilt trip should be placed on the former colonizers of the continent like England,France,Belgium etc...

b_dubb

Quote from: ksm32 on March 09, 2012, 04:04:18 AM
Animal "doctors".. I wont't call them "vets".. $600. to help my friend out. Dropped him off at 8;30 am.. picked him up at 2 pm.
CHINA!! any country that see's baby Henry as food has got to go.
good lookin dog

The General

This is Jeffrey Kuhner sitting in for...

Eddie Coyle

Turning "gate" into a suffix for every alleged scandal.  Watergate was called such because of the hotel/office complex in Foggy Bottom where the break-in occurred. Anybody else using "gate"(Fluke-gate the most recent) is just a douche trying to be clever and they should be stricken by a flesh eating viri for their idiocy.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 09, 2012, 11:47:57 PM
      Turning "gate" into a suffix for every alleged scandal.  Watergate was called such because of the hotel/office complex in Foggy Bottom where the break-in occurred. Anybody else using "gate"(Fluke-gate the most recent) is just a douche trying to be clever and they should be stricken by a flesh eating viri for their idiocy.

We could call it Gategate. Cromwell made me type that. Anyway, it's more than a mere annoyance, but I go nuts when I see TSA drones molesting grandmothers and preschoolers like they were terrorists. I almost had an aneurysm when I heard some talking head defend searching baby diapers.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Seamus Capone on March 09, 2012, 02:06:40 AM
English-speakers who confuse:

their with there or they're
to with too
woman with women
looser with loser
than with then
your with you're
ancestor with descendant

less with fewer

aldousburbank

Jesse fucking Jackson, Sharpton, and any other race whore, regardless of what color banner they parade.  These asswipe phonies make me want to go back to where I came from- America.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 10, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
Jesse fucking Jackson, Sharpton, and any other race whore, regardless of what color banner they parade.  These asswipe phonies make me want to go back to where I came from- America.

racist.

McPhallus

Every time I hear those words--or that voice--I let out an audible groan, jump up, and change the station.  True story.

Quote from: The General on March 09, 2012, 08:09:21 PM
This is Jeffrey Kuhner sitting in for...

McPhallus

Let's not forget Jesse Jackass Jr.

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 10, 2012, 09:55:48 AM

Eddie Coyle

Films directed by Ron Howard.
        Films starring Tom Hanks.
        Films that are a collabration of the aforementioned.

Actually, all films/productions that feature the "most bankable" Hollywood players. Reliably awful. Another reason I haven't entered a theater since Wednesday Nov 22, 1995.