• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

lonevoice

Quote from: Chine on July 17, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
This is just a quick shot of it, close up as its a good size painting. Will be done before Art's first show. Miss you Evelyn...Though you're here with us and thrilled for Art. :)
Chine...she's beautiful. I can almost see what she'll look like when you're finished. 

nbirnes

I've been wanting to paint this for quite some time. So, with the return of the show, the timing was right. A work in progress in memory of Dr. Evelyn Paglini. This is just a quick shot of it, close up as its a good size painting. Will be done before Art's first show. Miss you Evelyn...Though you're here with us and thrilled for Art. :)

Wow, Robin! Such talent! Such a beautiful moment to view your progress. I would bet you are in such a blissful zone at this point in the piece.

maureen

I've been wanting to paint this for quite some time. So, with the return of the show, the timing was right. A work in progress in memory of Dr. Evelyn Paglini. This is just a quick shot of it, close up as its a good size painting. Will be done before Art's first show. Miss you Evelyn...Though you're here with us and thrilled for Art. :)
very delicate, very fine, a classical simplicity that evokes the mystic!

Chine

Star Trek blitzing!

I posted a pic from the Star Trek: The Experience days. The Museum and Attraction I performed at as a Vulcan. And posted one with my friend who was a Borg.

I can post my Vulcan pics but asking others to use theirs to Blitz for Art. My friend Lynn who was the female said absolutely. Going to talk to one of our photographers for approval to post a couple others.

Thanks guys on the nice comments on the painting. Once done, will share and blitz on Twitter for the show and nod to Evelyn.

Spinner

From Art's FB page:

News FeedArt Bell2 mins · Listen to WABC At 12AM
That's 30 minutes from now.
Art22 Likes3 Comments     

saucerlike

Anyone catch that?  Is it still going on? 
edit: it is!  I missed the 1st 40 mins unfortunately.  Thanks Spinner!

sydtron

Who's idea was it for the Times Square billboard???? That is GENIOUS!!!! Looks great!!!

serenity

Quote from: sydtron on July 18, 2015, 05:43:04 AM
Who's idea was it for the Times Square billboard???? That is GENIOUS!!!! Looks great!!!

Billboard? got an address or picture?

sydtron

The lady in the Hard Rock t-shirt sure looks happy about it!!! LOL

aldousburbank

There are some sneaky smart people on this forum I'd like to name but won't.

sydtron

It's all good Aldous.  Just thought I would mention it.  Anyone hitting Chicago? or the Midwest ?

indigoo

With all the publicity I can't see this being anything other than a smashing success for Art...

NXOEED

Did anybody happen to hear Coast to Coast last night? I fell asleep listening to it. George got in a lot of digs about "some of those other talk shows", and then announced that there's a 60% chance he'll be flying to Cuba to interview Fidel Castro.

It sounded ridiculous. Who the hell wants to hear an interview with Castro on a show about the paranormal?

It occurred to me last night as I was listening to Art's interview that I don't give a fuck about whoever he's talking to. The dude interviewing him meant nothing to me. It was just a pleasure to hear Art talk. It made me feel the way I do every time a lost Kerouac novel pops up out of nowhere. I'm gonna listen because it's Art. He's a master.

Chine

Quote from: NXOEED on July 18, 2015, 09:06:33 AM
Did anybody happen to hear Cost to Coast last night? I fell asleep listening to it. George got in a lot of digs about "some of those other talk shows", and then announced that there's a 60% chance he'll be flying to Cuba to interview Fidel Castro.

It sounded ridiculous. Who the hell wants to hear an interview with Castro on a show about the paranormal?

Ahahaha! Seriously? I didn't listen but that is absolutely hysterical. That is potent for some crazy memes from gabbers. I just had a multitude of visuals blast my third eye.  Btw NX, again, your work is brilliant and all the time, footwork in getting the word out there. Really like following your Instagram too. Jorch and Castro...

NXOEED

Oh thank you kindly, Chine. Likewise.

Yeah, I think at some point, George is gonna have to realize that the thing he's competing with is not the guests, the format or the affiliates, but the fact that Art opens his mouth and musical things come out of it.

There's no real legitimate competition, regardless of who George manages to book. It's not gonna be magic.

Chine

Quote from: NXOEED on July 18, 2015, 09:27:20 AM
Oh thank you kindly, Chine. Likewise.

Yeah, I think at some point, George is gonna have to realize that the thing he's competing with is not the guests, the format or the affiliates, but the fact that Art opens his mouth and musical things come out of it.

There's no real legitimate competition, regardless of who George manages to book. It's not gonna be magic.

That 'competing' mentality layered with all the fear is nauseating to listen to. I don't believe I've listened to C2C since 2, 3 years ago. If I did, it was only two or three shows when Knapp or Schrader were hosting. I'll listen to Schrader because the topics and guests on the paranormal have been up my alley.

I'm still giggling about the idea of a Castro interview.

ziznak

jeebus crimmus guys... the art work!!  and the times square thing!  was that a jazzyland promo? I got to trailer 5... should have been trailer 6 today but i posted the john batchelor interview. 

was that jazzy's trailer 8 playing on the one screen in times square?

I haven't been this excited for anything in at least 2 years ;)

my brain is jacking off right now

aldousburbank

Quote from: ziznak on July 18, 2015, 09:43:22 AM
I think it was the still, not the vid. But nonetheless, The Gabblings Take Manhattan!

Jackstar

Quote from: ziznak on July 18, 2015, 09:43:22 AM

I am in awe. Superlative work!

Spinner

Holy smokes! That's fantastic! 
It needs to be spread all over the internet - post the link on FB, twitter, all kinds of forums.
Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://artbell.com/art-bell-promotion-in-new-yorks-times-square/

saucerlike

I can't thank you all enough for the promotional work you've put in.  Maybe Castro will about face and put Dave in jail for daring to mention him on air.  I just moved to Ohio, it SUCKS here, I don't know anybody, don't farcebook anymore, and MITD is the only thing I have to look forward to right now, so thank you times one billion.  This forum is the coolest thing I have stumbled upon on the internet.  I'm just speechless @the Times Square Billboard. 

Cydonia195

Howdy everyone from just over the hill from The Kingdom of Nye

chefist

Quote from: saucerlike on July 18, 2015, 11:53:26 AM
I can't thank you all enough for the promotional work you've put in.  Maybe Castro will about face and put Dave in jail for daring to mention him on air.  I just moved to Ohio, it SUCKS here, I don't know anybody, don't farcebook anymore, and MITD is the only thing I have to look forward to right now, so thank you times one billion.  This forum is the coolest thing I have stumbled upon on the internet.  I'm just speechless @the Times Square Billboard.
Welcome! Post often!

chefist

Quote from: Cydonia195 on July 18, 2015, 12:39:46 PM
We love new folks! Welcome! Post Often!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Cydonia195 on July 18, 2015, 12:39:46 PM
Close enough for me!

aldousburbank

Just wondering- Have any of you tweeters twitted the Ian Punnett?

NXOEED

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 11:29:09 AM
To those of you residing in the "low" desert in the Great American Southwest (or just visiting):

THE HUNT BEGINS.

Seven original paintings (and some stickers and trinkets and crap), hidden throughout the Greater Phoenix area, between now and the night of Art's broadcast. Here's the first:

You can consult the Facebook event page throughout the weekend for clues:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025778744114063/

First clue released tomorrow night.

You can also consult this link for a primer on how these things work, if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. (this is one I did last year):

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/an-artist-in-phoenix-is-hiding-his-work-and-hoping-you-find-it

Happy Hunting, friends. Best of luck.

Hidden. Clues posted.