• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Chine

Tweeted Loreena McKennitt  a painting I did while listening to 'Mummer's Dance' with Art's return.

Oh and Tommy Lee of Motley Crüe saw his aliens and ghosts cartoon and liked it! Hahaha!

saucerlike

What you all are doing for Art honestly brings tears to my eyes.  I joined here before Dark Matter started and this is just so incredible to witness.  I haven't posted much but have to thank everybody for the time and effort put into this, Art deserves this.  Hall of Fame, baby! 
T - 3 days and counting  8)

blitzer850

This is insane!  Art, I hope you see the love man!
I wonder how fast Art's nightly voice will spread throughout the nightly air waves from shore to shore? I've been a twitter twitting fool.. Bet you cant say that with your teeth out.. lol

Chine

Quote from: blitzer850 on July 17, 2015, 02:06:06 PM
I wonder how fast Art's nightly voice will spread throughout the nightly air waves from shore to shore? I've been a twitter twitting fool.. Bet you cant say that with your teeth out.. lol

Haha. Tweety tweet tweet!  It's so effortless on Twitter.  I laughed when my notifications pop up from the least expected, like Tommy Lee himself.  You get responses and reactions if you get the groove of it. Getting some steam going on Instagram. Not as much as Twitter though. It's fun and can't wait til the big day! Woo!

KJ4WS

Who cares about that other show or what they know! I don't feel that there is any stopping this. I call a Ham Radio Net with listeners and check-ins from many states ( The Tennessee Phone Net at 3980 KHz. ) When I make my announcements about the new show. There are always dozens of people who thank me for the announcement. So many were unaware of the Great Art Bell's return. Tennessee has it best, with an 100.000 Watt Flamer Thrower Short Wave Station. The folks in Tennessee can listen on a Coat Hanger for the antenna. Let the Blitz continue. May the Blitz be with you! From Wade/KJ4WS

NXOEED

Quote from: blitzer850 on July 17, 2015, 02:06:06 PM

I love this shit -- people getting together, helping out in any way they can, each doing the thing they're best at, and a huge, beautiful thing comes out of it. This thing has been an honor to help out with. I feel close to you all, even if we're not.

DIY OR DIE.

<3

I hit up Coast to Coast competition stations, letting them know if they want huge listener ratings, to get on board with Art Bell! Given that Art made Coast to Coast AM a huge success in the past and Coast isn't what it is without Mr. Bell, his return will shake up the market in that time slot. Its just a matter of time actually. He knows it, we know it. Get on the ground floor with Art before another station does it. Hopefully I get some of these stations to bite, and hopefully I'm not the only one doing this. I'm in Midwest BTW.

KJ4WS

Don't forget to dust off those Short Wave Receivers. 5085 KHz. WTWW, is owned by Ted Randall, a fellow Ham Radio Operator and Friend. WTWW, is an 100,000 Watt Station in Lebanon, Tennessee. And at 100,000 Watts, it has twice the power output of even the biggest AM Station that the Other Guy is on. 50,000 Watts is the biggest AM Station in our Domestic Broadcast Band. Welcome back Art! May the Blitz be with you. Regards from Wade/KJ4WS

chefist

Quote from: KJ4WS on July 17, 2015, 03:14:47 PM
Don't forget to dust off those Short Wave Receivers. 5085 KHz. WTWW, is owned by Ted Randall, a fellow Ham Radio Operator and Friend. WTWW, is an 100,000 Watt Station in Lebanon, Tennessee. And at 100,000 Watts, it has twice the power output of even the biggest AM Station that the Other Guy is on. 50,000 Watts is the biggest AM Station in our Domestic Broadcast Band. Welcome back Art! May the Blitz be with you. Regards from Wade/KJ4WS

I got a Degen 1103...I can pick that TN station up here in Tucson at night!

serenity

Quote from: KJ4WS on July 17, 2015, 02:34:24 PM
Who cares about that other show or what they know! I don't feel that there is any stopping this. I call a Ham Radio Net with listeners and check-ins from many states ( The Tennessee Phone Net at 3980 KHz. ) When I make my announcements about the new show. There are always dozens of people who thank me for the announcement. So many were unaware of the Great Art Bell's return. Tennessee has it best, with an 100.000 Watt Flamer Thrower Short Wave Station. The folks in Tennessee can listen on a Coat Hanger for the antenna. Let the Blitz continue. May the Blitz be with you! From Wade/KJ4WS

Yeah I put it out here as well. The Blitzing is now in overdrive
And  Best to ya Art
AD5NW Dan

KJ4WS

We have about the same thing. It is a Kaito KA1102. It is our bedside radio. As a Ham Radio Operator, we also have the Ten Tec Omni 7 which is about $3,000.00. It has a 100 Watt transmitter and we also own an Amplifier which builds that up to about 1,200 Watts output. We can talk around the world anytime day or night on the Ham Band that is open. Different frequencies depending on Day or Night Time conditions. I call an overnight Net at 3973 KHz. from 2:00 AM till 4:00 AM Central Time on Lower Sideband. Can your DeGen, receive Single Sideband signals? I find that most Short Wave Listeners make Great Ham Operators. Best Regards aka 73 from Wade/KJ4WS

chefist

Quote from: KJ4WS on July 17, 2015, 03:40:34 PM
We have about the same thing. It is a Kaito KA1102. It is our bedside radio. As a Ham Radio Operator, we also have the Ten Tec Omni 7 which is about $3,000.00. It has a 100 Watt transmitter and we also own an Amplifier which builds that up to about 1,200 Watts output. We can talk around the world anytime day or night on the Ham Band that is open. Different frequencies depending on Day or Night Time conditions. I call an overnight Net at 3973 KHz. from 2:00 AM till 4:00 AM Central Time on Lower Sideband. Can your DeGen, receive Single Sideband signals? I find that most Short Wave Listeners make Great Ham Operators. Best Regards aka 73 from Wade/KJ4WS
Wow, that is pretty cool! Yes, it has SSB...I've been looking for numbers stations...I've gotten radio programs from Havana, Cuba and Peru!

KJ4WS

Hello Dan, AD5NW. If the Degen ever hears me on Friday mornings at 3973 KHz? I hope that you will look me up and send a message. Just KJ4WS into Google will find me. So many of us are proud to have talked with Art Bell on our Ham Rigs. He is the same person one on one that he is Broadcasting to the masses...... 73 .. Best Regards from Wade/KJ4WS

serenity

Quote from: KJ4WS on July 17, 2015, 04:00:10 PM
Hello Dan, AD5NW. If the Degen ever hears me on Friday mornings at 3973 KHz? I hope that you will look me up and send a message. Just KJ4WS into Google will find me. So many of us are proud to have talked with Art Bell on our Ham Rigs. He is the same person one on one that he is Broadcasting to the masses...... 73 .. Best Regards from Wade/KJ4WS

Cool! I have tried to get him many times but no luck. I do get into 7.251 in the mornings. Ill look for ya

3's
AD5NW

Spinner

I'm back from running some errands and posting some of the little posters around town. Also handed out some. Will do some more blitzing Friday.

Now I'm ready for Art's interview on the mystery show. Still no word of where/when?

lrgmnky

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 11:29:09 AM
To those of you residing in the "low" desert in the Great American Southwest (or just visiting):

THE HUNT BEGINS.

Seven original paintings (and some stickers and trinkets and crap), hidden throughout the Greater Phoenix area, between now and the night of Art's broadcast. Here's the first:

You can consult the Facebook event page throughout the weekend for clues:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025778744114063/

First clue released tomorrow night.

You can also consult this link for a primer on how these things work, if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. (this is one I did last year):

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/an-artist-in-phoenix-is-hiding-his-work-and-hoping-you-find-it

Happy Hunting, friends. Best of luck.

Excited for this!  I'm armed with a transit pass, a bike, and (if need be), a car.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 02:38:10 PM
I love this shit -- people getting together, helping out in any way they can, each doing the thing they're best at, and a huge, beautiful thing comes out of it. This thing has been an honor to help out with. I feel close to you all, even if we're not.

DIY OR DIE.

<3

:'(   ;D   8)

Chine

I've been wanting to paint this for quite some time. So, with the return of the show, the timing was right. A work in progress in memory of Dr. Evelyn Paglini. This is just a quick shot of it, close up as its a good size painting. Will be done before Art's first show. Miss you Evelyn...Though you're here with us and thrilled for Art. :)

NXOEED

Quote from: lrgmnky on July 17, 2015, 05:00:03 PM

Excited for this!  I'm armed with a transit pass, a bike, and (if need be), a car.

Hell yeah, dude. Excited to hear you're gonna be out there looking. Yell at me if you see me (I'll be the forty-something gothic milk-man-looking dude on a bicycle covered in stickers with a sketchbook the size of a pizza box sticking out of my basket).

serenity

Quote from: Chine on July 17, 2015, 05:14:55 PM
I've been wanting to paint this for quite some time. So, with the return of the show, the timing was right. A work in progress in memory of Dr. Evelyn Paglini. This is just a quick shot of it, close up as its a good size painting. Will be done before Art's first show. Miss you Evelyn...Though you're here with us and thrilled for Art. :)

That nice!

Heather Wade

This is going to be beautiful.  I'd love to see it when it is finished.  You rock, Chine.

Chine

Quote from: serenity on July 17, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
That nice!

Thanks, Serenity!  When the time is right, they find a way out. Thinking of Evelyn while creating her.

aldousburbank

Nice one Chine!

albrecht

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 05:19:11 PM

Hell yeah, dude. Excited to hear you're gonna be out there looking. Yell at me if you see me (I'll be the forty-something gothic milk-man-looking dude on a bicycle covered in stickers with a sketchbook the size of a pizza box sticking out of my basket).
Ha. I read that Vice article. That is really cool!! And what you are doing for MITD sounds great also. Thanks!
ps: I hope David Syndrome won't undermine the efforts.

Chine

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 17, 2015, 05:25:42 PM

This is going to be beautiful.  I'd love to see it when it is finished.  You rock, Chine.

She will be done just in time!  :D

NXOEED

Quote from: albrecht on July 17, 2015, 05:28:45 PM
Ha. I read that Vice article. That is really cool!! And what you are doing for MITD sounds great also. Thanks!
ps: I hope David Syndrome won't undermine the efforts.

haha we can only hope.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Chine on July 17, 2015, 05:30:02 PM
She will be done just in time!  :D

What an honor that you would do that.

pyewacket

Beautiful, Chine! Looking forward to seeing your completed vision. Thank you for giving us a peek.  :)

pyewacket

Quote from: NXOEED on July 17, 2015, 05:19:11 PM

Your work has so much raw energy- I hope you share more with us. I read the article and shared it with others who would appreciate your style. I hope it goes well.  :)

NXOEED

Quote from: pyewacket on July 17, 2015, 05:57:17 PM
Your work has so much raw energy- I hope you share more with us. I read the article and shared it with others who would appreciate your style. I hope it goes well.  :)

oh thank you kindly, pyewacket.