• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

albrecht

Quote from: NXOEED on July 15, 2015, 05:52:27 PM

We totally should have called it Pearl Harbor.
No, then we'd get into even more trouble.
No disrespect to the Orientals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HczcZf0TIFY

ItsOver

How about something with "Hope" and "Change" in it?  That could be catchy.

Quote from: Insider on July 15, 2015, 04:55:25 PM
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either ignorant or stupid.

So, here's a little education: 'The Blitz' is not something to throw around lightly; when used in the context of a frivolous activity such as this it's just downright offensive, not to mention utterly disgraceful.

Would you be calling this activity 'The 9/11', 'The Pearl Harbor' or 'The Hiroshima'? Somehow I doubt it.

Please try using your brain a bit harder the next time you have such an outstanding idea, thanks.

https://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

Or Lisa, or Dave or whoever the case may be.

serenity

Always has to be one dickhead Davebot thats "offended". Get a life (watch the flames begin. Good thing I have ye old thick skin)

Juan

I don't think snowflakes last long here.

Spinner

Quote from: turdphaseofmoon on July 14, 2015, 10:46:08 AM
Is it socially acceptable to pay a homeless guy standing on a busy street 20 bucks to hold a sign advertising the show for an hour or two
If it weren't over 100 degrees with 75% humidity over here, I'd probably be doing that myself. For free. :)

zeebo

I thought our blitz was named after the popular football play.   ::)

The Noorocaust?

(someone was going there, I'll dive on this grenade)

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2015, 12:25:40 AM

It is, Hefe.   ;)

Jackstar

Would you be calling this activity 'The 9/11', 'The Pearl Harbor' or 'The Hiroshima'? Somehow I doubt it.

I voted for this.

QuotePlease try using your brain a bit harder the next time you have such an outstanding idea, thanks.

aldousburbank

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either ignorant or stupid.
I hate having to choose. Can I be both?

chefist

Blitz TEAM: anyone want to call in with me to Rush's show in the morning on Friday? It's open lines and we can ask him if he knows about Art coming back, since they both are credited with saving AM radio! It will take several of us trying to get in, and we will have to wait a long time. Thanks...

Roswells, Art

haha...I guess carpet bombing is out too.

saucerlike

Quote from: zeebo on July 16, 2015, 12:25:40 AM
Hahaha!  I was just about to post this.   ;D

Roswells, Art

So, here's a little education: 'The Blitz' is not something to throw around lightly; when used in the context of a frivolous activity such as this it's just downright offensive, not to mention utterly disgraceful.

Please try using your brain a bit harder the next time you have such an outstanding idea, thanks.

I know how you feel. I'm still pissed off by the genocide of all the Native Americans. Hey, whose your favorite sports team?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 16, 2015, 01:56:48 PM
I know how you feel. I'm still pissed off by the genocide of all the Native Americans.
Eh, some of us deserved it.

\

Joey Ramone begs to disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDBu3tRm1E

I'm in the blue section with my friends, Ignorant and Stupid. I'm in the middle, blitzed.

Hey ho, let's go!

lonevoice

Quote from: chefist on July 16, 2015, 10:44:52 AM
Blitz TEAM: anyone want to call in with me to Rush's show in the morning on Friday? It's open lines and we can ask him if he knows about Art coming back, since they both are credited with saving AM radio! It will take several of us trying to get in, and we will have to wait a long time. Thanks...
chefist, I'll give it a try.  Do you know what time to start trying to get into the call queue, or how to get through the call screener if we make it that far? I'm guessing we'd need to have a controversial current opinion on a current event prepared as a pretext, yes?  If any of us could get through, there are a few tie-ins to Limbaugh that can be mentioned:

Both Art and Limbaugh are in the National Radio Hall of Fame (very exclusive)
Art and Limbaugh are the only two radio hosts ever known to have traded their opening theme songs
Art is the only radio host known to have had a whacky gift delivered to him from Limbaugh (the alien figure)

aldousburbank

In order to avoid confusion, I propose that the protocol on this forum be that when referring to Rush, the greatest rock group ever, always capitalize. All other rushes, don't.
#iamsuchaRushdork

I hope the Blitz and Midnight in the Desert and (Redacted)'s stint on it and all the rest turn out well for everyone involved. Good luck guys.

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 16, 2015, 04:50:12 PM
I hope the Blitz and Midnight in the Desert and (Redacted)'s stint on it and all the rest turn out well for everyone involved. Good luck guys.

I hope (Redacted) can make enough money to help Aldous get into rehab.

chefist

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2015, 04:53:39 PM
Is that an option at this point?

onan

Quote from: chefist on July 16, 2015, 04:55:18 PM
Is that an option at this point?

I guess it would be a lot of money, huh?

ziznak

i totally suck yall... i did like the first 4 trailers like every other day so far... so... im still going to post all of jazzyz trailers and I WANT TO DO IT everyday... but... alas... i suck. so im 4 in so far w what i was gunnah do.     :(

onan

Quote from: ziznak on July 16, 2015, 04:56:53 PM
i totally suck yall... i did like the first 4 trailers like every other day so far... so... im still going to post all of jazzyz trailers and I WANT TO DO IT everyday... but... alas... i suck. so im 4 in so far w what i was gunnah do.     :(

Miles ahead of me bro.

ziznak

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 16, 2015, 03:32:19 PM
In order to avoid confusion, I propose that the protocol on this forum be that when referring to Rush, the greatest rock group ever, always capitalize. All other rushes, don't.
#iamsuchaRushdork
damn hippys

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2015, 04:53:39 PM

Now let's not get all crazy here.

A certain amount of magical thinking is to be expected, but then there is reality.

Being able to afford Aldous into rehab is one thing. Having the funds to actually bribe him into rehab is a whole different kettle of Spacey Invaders.

ziznak

i think he's worth more ON DRUGS then off... so... yeah

Heather Wade

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 16, 2015, 04:50:12 PM

It's everyone's Blitz.  If it makes a difference in listener numbers, everyone deserves the credit, not I.  Are you leaving us?  Say it isn't so.