• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on July 17, 2017, 08:28:02 AM
Is this interview anywhere?

I should have clarified, Dave's interview with the documentarian mentioned above was as guest host on C2C.  I know C2C shows with George hosting eventually wind up on You Tube, so I assume programs with guest hosts do as well. Also there is apparently a C2C affiliate, I think in Canada, that offers C2C shows on their website for a few days after the original broadcast.  The website has been posted in the past, but I don't recall the station or it's website.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 17, 2017, 10:22:29 AM
I should have clarified, Dave's interview with the documentarian mentioned above was as guest host on C2C.  I know C2C shows with George hosting eventually wind up on You Tube, so I assume programs with guest hosts do as well. Also there is apparently a C2C affiliate, I think in Canada, that offers C2C shows on their website for a few days after the original broadcast.  The website has been posted in the past, but I don't recall the station or it's website.

I sent him a PM

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 16, 2017, 12:23:04 PM
My favorite bit of idiocy was the guest's insistence one of the first officers on the scene could have stopped the killing spree, but did not engage the shooter from long range despite being outgunned/outranged by the vastly better armed shooter.  "A bullet is a bullet, a gun is a gun", he said, not understanding the difference between the officer's  .38 revolver and the Uzi carried by the killer. 
One of the callers gave the guy a pretty good reaming over that comment but then got all huffy and hung up before the guest's response

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 17, 2017, 01:07:11 PM
One of the callers gave the guy a pretty good reaming over that comment but then got all huffy and hung up before the guest's response

Yes that caller, who I think said he was combat veteran medic, tore the guest moron a new asshole. True to form, however, the guest did not understand the caller's rational, well delivered explanation and turned it around to say the caller was confirming the officer was incompetent because he could not hit the distant gunman with a .38 revolver because, after all, "a bullet is a bullet, a gun is a gun".  It was at that point the caller hung up in disgust.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 17, 2017, 02:53:09 PM
Yes that caller, who I think said he was combat veteran medic, tore the guest moron a new asshole. True to form, however, the guest did not understand the caller's rational, well delivered explanation and turned it around to say the caller was confirming the officer was incompetent because he could hit the distant gunman with a .38 revolver because, after all, "a bullet is a bullet, a gun is a gun".  It was at that point the caller hung up in disgust.
You recall we had an awful mass shooting at a Luby's down here. It caused one of the victims (I will say victim even if she was not shot because she lost both her parents) had a gun in her purse but due to the laws (at the time) left it in her purse in the car. She, Suzanna Hup, ran for office on the issue and got our "concealed carry" law passed. She also had an AM radio show for a while.

I think the thinking of officers, and even normal citizens, is changing. We have to treat the crazy mass shooters or the Islamic terrorists differently than we've treated criminals in the past- where the motivation is economic, political, or in the commission of another crime. When the criminal is just hell-bent on killing people we cannot wait for SWAT, stall for tactics, negotiate etc and even though risk of collateral damage I think throwing lead towards them is the best solution, even if you only have a .38 because it might hit him but at least get his attention. During the UT Tower shooting civilians, including frat guys from their roof, shot back which distracted the shooter, a bit*. The guy is an idiot with a "gun is a gun" comment though.

* there has always been a rumor that civilian Allen Crum, not the police officer, was the one who actually killed Whitman but the police didn't want the publicity/complications and he didn't want to notoriety so they said the cop got him.
https://apps.texastribune.org/guns-on-campus/allen-crum-helped-stop-ut-tower-shooter-charles-whitman/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 17, 2017, 03:15:16 PM
You recall we had an awful mass shooting at a Luby's down here. It caused one of the victims (I will say victim even if she was not shot because she lost both her parents) had a gun in her purse but due to the laws (at the time) left it in her purse in the car. She, Suzanna Hup, ran for office on the issue and got our "concealed carry" law passed. She also had an AM radio show for a while.

I think the thinking of officers, and even normal citizens, is changing. We have to treat the crazy mass shooters or the Islamic terrorists differently than we've treated criminals in the past- where the motivation is economic, political, or in the commission of another crime. When the criminal is just hell-bent on killing people we cannot wait for SWAT, stall for tactics, negotiate etc and even though risk of collateral damage I think throwing lead towards them is the best solution, even if you only have a .38 because it might hit him but at least get his attention. During the UT Tower shooting civilians, including frat guys from their roof, shot back which distracted the shooter, a bit*. The guy is an idiot with a "gun is a gun" comment though.

* there has always been a rumor that civilian Allen Crum, not the police officer, was the one who actually killed Whitman but the police didn't want the publicity/complications and he didn't want to notoriety so they said the cop got him.
https://apps.texastribune.org/guns-on-campus/allen-crum-helped-stop-ut-tower-shooter-charles-whitman/

Yes, and realization of your point has led to the "active shooter" tactical approach to such situations.  Officers are now trained to run to the sound of gunfire to attack shooters, despite the inherent risks the officers assume in doing so.  I participated (as a "victim") in an active shooter exercise a few years back and came to the conclusion the security forces would aggressively go after a shooter to protect/rescue me, but would be roundly criticized if things went sideways as a result.  I would not want to be a cop.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 17, 2017, 03:35:33 PM
Yes, and realization of your point has led to the "active shooter" tactical approach to such situations.  Officers are now trained to run to the sound of gunfire to attack shooters, despite the inherent risks the officers assume in doing so.  I participated (as a "victim") in an active shooter exercise a few years back and came to the conclusion the security forces would aggressively go after a shooter to protect/rescue me, but would be roundly criticized if things went sideways as a result.  I would not want to be a cop.
Yeah. They get it from all sides and are always second-guessed. Even a routine speeding ticket can get you shot and the press, lawyers, and much of the public constantly criticize you or even protest against you. "Activists" harassing you and escalating situations. People taught that you are the enemy and "don't snitch." Government officials who often take the anti-police side in things and so many violent criminals allowed to enter the country.

Nebraska888

Not too excited about tonight.

ZaZa

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 05, 2017, 10:00:07 PM
Not too excited about tonight.

Me too. I just looked at the listings.
But when I listened before to some shows with topic that was not in my 'field' that much -with a good host (and good guest of course)
there could be packets of interesting moments with cool or crazy info during the show... so who knows.. I will give a try

Bomar

Dudes and Dudettes,...

You got to listen to "Susan Lindauer", an ex-CIA Asset...

I heard her on another show, from Jul 26, 2017...

Susan Lindauer joins us to discuss her investigation into missing trillions of dollars and everything leads back to the Hilary Clinton & her crime cartel.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65WIapeMHA  ...

Enjoy...

Bomar

Faustina

Good Halloween topic on c2c tonight, Dave Schrader hosting:

Saturday - October 28, 2017
HOST
Dave Schrader
GUESTS
Colin Dickey,    Troy Taylor
For nearly two centuries, American popular culture has been influenced by the supernatural. Author and founder of American Hauntings Ink, Troy Taylor, joins Dave Schrader (email) to reveal the roots of our fascination with ghosts, haunted houses, and the supernatural, along with stories he's uncovered that showcase something scary, evil, or demonic. In the latter half, Colin Dickey follows the trail of America's ghosts. Crammed into old houses and hotels, abandoned prisons and empty hospitals, the spirits that linger continue to capture our collective imagination, but why? Dickey will discuss his journey across the US to unpack the American history repressed in our most famous haunted places including the most haunted mansion and prison in America.

Clever bumper selection for tonite's show about ghosts--The Beatles' "I'm Looking Through You".

Parris001

I think Schrader does a good job. I like all off the guest hosts, just can't stand Jorch.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Parris001 on October 30, 2017, 08:24:11 PM
I think Schrader does a good job. I like all off the guest hosts, just can't stand Jorch.

Agreed!

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 31, 2014, 04:12:02 AM
I was listening, but then I totally got distracted by someone who sort of looks like Teri Garr.
What year.

I liked darkness on the edge of town a lot. Beyond the darkness is really inferior. Not being able to have callers, not being live, guest selection, and Tim/Dave not together most shows has really changed the feel of the show. It's seems rushed and sloppy. The show is shorter and there is frequent editing mistakes. I get their flagship went to politics only format, I also get Dave needs multiple jobs due to having 8 kids, but it seems like lack of effort. On Tuesdays they just put out an old show heavily edited. I'm not complaining because the show is free. I probably would have got a subscription to the old show ( it wasn't offered)but not the current incarnation. I hope they turn it around or go in another direction than podcast one , it seems like podcast one has some tight regulations on how they run the show.

albrecht

The Roy Moore guy needs to get this guest Diamne Lake to handle his press conferences. Kidding. Not only is weed a gateway drug (as she described her dad's experiences into the drug culture who "emancipated" her at 14 to go off with Manson.) But she shrugs off her "making love" to "older boys"- in their very late 20's- as a young teen so that, "making  love" to Charlie Manson when she was 14, didn't seem strange and she almost excuses it. But interesting interview. Not a huge true crime fan but some interesting stuff in the show.

albrecht

Schrader is getting an Ian complex. Understandable, a bit, but sounds like he is no longer having fun on the show. Has guests on (like the "Brands" guy that has nothing new to add on a well-known subject meant to shock- "you mean BAYER had NAZI ties?" HUGO BOSS! No way. Ford, IBM? There was COCAINE in Coca-cola!" Ho hum.) And then guest and Dave didn't know about P&G logo issues and other basic stuff, especially to a conspiracy show and a guy who wrote books on stuff? But let's the guest go on when callers had more info (like on Winchester) than the guest (who then said he had more in book but didn't, maybe good, into the whole story on air.)

But to callers Dave seemed Scrooge-like (to use his term later) and cut many short. Most were frequent callers going with frequent themes, but some not. And why not just not "take" those frequent callers- or is he FORCED to take them? Dave still better than Norry but that is not a high bar. He usually does better.

expat

Twas nice to hear a real astronomer last night, even though he was a bit of a gabbler.

albrecht

Quote from: expat on January 06, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
Twas nice to hear a real astronomer last night, even though he was a bit of a gabbler.
His voice was sort of annoying but I liked his passion. He also got a "fuckin awesome" on the air. I believe the quote was "climate science is fuckin awesome!"

ShayP

Quote from: expat on January 06, 2018, 11:31:38 AM

Yes it was.  And yes he was.  However as albrecht stated below, 'I liked his passion.'  At least he was on with Schrader.  Noory would've killed the buzz.

Quote from: albrecht on January 06, 2018, 03:42:57 PM
His voice was sort of annoying but I liked his passion. He also got a "fuckin awesome" on the air. I believe the quote was "climate science is fuckin awesome!"

Oh I'm glad you caught that!  I thought I was mistaken when I heard it.  LOL!

On a side...I found it odd and a bit humorous when a caller during open lines asked Dave about the Word Junior Hockey Championship and why a player from the Swedish team tossed his silver medal into the stands.  Totally random I know.  Dave was befuddled to say the least.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on January 06, 2018, 03:57:46 PM
Yes it was.  And yes he was.  However as albrecht stated below, 'I liked his passion.'  At least he was on with Schrader.  Noory would've killed the buzz.

Oh I'm glad you caught that!  I thought I was mistaken when I heard it.  LOL!

On a side...I found it odd and a bit humorous when a caller during open lines asked Dave about the Word Junior Hockey Championship and why a player from the Swedish team tossed his silver medal into the stands.  Totally random I know.  Dave was befuddled to say the least.
Ziggy probably figured since Dave in is Minn that he also follows hockey?

And we had the caller 83 year Lymon from Virginia who gave his version of one of Zeno's paradoxes regarding time in a good Southern accent. Who is tormented by infinity and time.

Caller Tom from the Bronx informs us the Ozone Layer is disrupted by "all those space shots" and has 10 years left. And we will see lots of terrible skin cancers soon. Also the CIA does other talk radio programs and use "machines" to "cherry-pick" his voice when they replayed the show changing the meaning.

I like Dave Schrader better than Dave Norry because he lets the callers talk, often at length. And not the same callers all the time. So either Norry has no new callers or he purposes screens them to have the usual folks.

Morgus

I caught the last hour of open lines last night, and poor Dave Schrader got lots of Noory's bible thumper callers. You could tell he was tired of them and moved on to the next caller as fast as he could...

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on January 06, 2018, 11:07:30 PM
I caught the last hour of open lines last night, and poor Dave Schrader got lots of Noory's bible thumper callers. You could tell he was tired of them and moved on to the next caller as fast as he could...

Yeah, like the guy who called in and cracked wise about all the "nutty religious callers" then proceeded to talk about bible prophecy.  ::)

Dave doesn't endorse getting your seeing-eye dog high

Nebraska888

Schrader may have a good program tonight. ;)

Gd5150

Just turned it on. Needed something live. Not bad so far. Paranormal foo.

paladin1991

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 12, 2018, 01:33:22 AM
Just turned it on. Needed something live. Not bad so far. Paranormal foo.

Listened to part of the show on the drive home.  Not my cup of tea.