• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Facebook Sucks

Started by Marc.Knight, May 29, 2012, 06:19:28 PM

Up All Night

FB doesn't have to directly take advantage of the average user. FB allows corporations, like ESPN, for example, to REQUIRE that you sign in with FB to comment on ESPN's news articles about whatever. And that's where an average user gives up privacy, according to whatever terms ESPN builds into that, particularly when using their ESPN android app.

While it has gotten easier to turn off individual permissions for each app with the later versions of android, those still using phones with older platform versions, and/or those using an older app, may still be giving permissions not needed. In older apps, it was allow all permissions dictated, or you don't get to use the app.

With my Nougat 7.1.1 android phone, I have No Permissions selected for the FB app.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-manage-app-permissions-marshmallow-higher-0168220/

Zuck back at 9am EDT.

Up All Night

My favorite part of the House of Representatives hearing today was when Brooklyn's own Yvette Clarke began her questioning with: "Mr. Zuckerman....."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Up All Night on April 11, 2018, 12:08:51 PM

My favorite part of the House of Representatives hearing today was when Brooklyn's own Yvette Clarke began her questioning with: "Mr. Zuckerman....."

An "expert" investigator. ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Up All Night on April 11, 2018, 12:08:51 PM

Ha!  Lest we forget another illustrious rep.

Up All Night

Quote from: ItsOver on April 11, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Ha!  Lest we forget another illustrious rep.

Uhhhh, we've already done that....

Hurricane Ike [Turner]

Up All Night

From a recent Yahoo Terms of Service Notice I received:

In June 2017, Yahoo and AOL joined forces to create Oath, a media and technology company with a dynamic house of global brands, and a part of Verizon. It’s an exciting venture that we believe will bring a host of new innovations and digital experiences for our users. With Verizon, Oath can provide you with better experiences and services.

As part of this collaboration, we’re asking all users of Oath owned sites and services to agree to the new unified Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which will help us continue to deliver and build on great digital experiences for you.

Privacy Policy Updates Summary

We’ve made it more readable! We took care to make it easier for you to understand our services and our privacy practices.
We’ve updated how we collect and use data. We’ve updated some of the ways we collect and analyze user data in order to deliver services, content, and relevant advertising to you and protect against abuse. This includes:

Analyzing content and information (including emails, instant messages, posts, photos, attachments, and other communications) when you use our services. This allows us to deliver, personalize and develop relevant features, content, advertising and services
Linking your activity on third-party sites and apps with information we have about you
Providing anonymized and aggregated reports to other parties regarding user trends

We’ve joined Verizon. By joining Verizon, Oath and its affiliates may share the information we receive among Verizon.

New information regarding personalization. We’ve included new information explaining how we combine data among our services and across your devices and Oath accounts. This allows us to provide more personalized content and services.

Please note that although our services will continue to be available under the existing terms for now, you will eventually need to agree to the new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in order to continue to use our services.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

Sincerely,
Oath

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Lord Grantham on March 20, 2018, 03:00:43 PM
$168.15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stock price has gone back to where it was before this most recent kerfuffle.

$179.28 as of this morning.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on January 14, 2020, 10:15:52 AM
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/01/09/facebook-exec-admits-hes-triggered-by-trump-breitbart-but-still-opposes-censorship/
That's mighty big of the fuckbook flunky.  Screw that commie and his stupid "what I had for breakfast and ordered at Starbucks this morning" clown site.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on January 14, 2020, 10:15:52 AM
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/01/09/facebook-exec-admits-hes-triggered-by-trump-breitbart-but-still-opposes-censorship/

He said that everytime he reads something in Breitbart he gets 10% more liberal. Hmmm...he was probably already 100% liberal. He must be pushing 1000% liberal by now.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 14, 2020, 10:23:26 AM
He said that everytime he reads something in Breitbart he gets 10% more liberal. Hmmm...he was probably already 100% liberal. He must be pushing 1000% liberal by now.
He certainly sounds 100% asshole.