• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Juan

I like that he continued to use an IBM model M keyboard.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 04:30:25 PM

"Krauthammer is a supporter of abortion legalization, but opposes euthanasia." What a prince! How will we get along without him? The tragedy is palpable.

New York Times columnist David Brooks called him “the most important conservative columnist.”

"In a July 2006 essay in Time, Krauthammer wrote that the Israeliâ€"Palestinian conflict was fundamentally defined by the Palestinians' unwillingness to accept compromise.[45]"

"During the 2006 Lebanon War, Krauthammer wrote a column, "Let Israel Win the War""

"On September 12, 2001, he wrote that, if the suspicion that bin Laden was behind the attack proved correct, the United States had no choice but to go to war in Afghanistan.[51]"

"Both parents were Orthodox Jews, and he and his brother were educated at a Hebrew school."

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 04:49:18 PM

David Brooks is deeply, naively stupid. Also Canlandian.

A Canlandian that "rarely attends synagogue," and gets to frame what conservatism is on a national stage.

I didn't agree with all of his positions but with that said, I'll miss him.  RIP, Mr. Krauthammer.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 21, 2018, 04:54:14 PM
I didn't agree with all of his positions but

On the eve of the invasion, Krauthammer wrote, "Reformation and reconstruction of an alien culture are a daunting task. Risky and, yes, arrogant." In February 2003 Krauthammer cautioned that "it may yet fail. But we cannot afford not to try. There is not a single, remotely plausible, alternative strategy for attacking the monster behind 9/11. It's not Osama bin Laden; it is the cauldron of political oppression, religious intolerance, and social ruin in the Arab-Islamic worldâ€"oppression transmuted and deflected by regimes with no legitimacy into virulent, murderous anti-Americanism."

Krauthammer in 2003 wrote that the reconstruction of Iraq would provide many benefits for the Iraqi people, once the political and economic infrastructure destroyed by Saddam was restored: "With its oil, its urbanized middle class, its educated population, its essential modernity, Iraq has a future. In two decades Saddam Hussein reduced its GDP by 75 percent. Once its political and industrial infrastructures are reestablished, Iraq's potential for rebound, indeed for explosive growth, is unlimited."

On April 22, 2003, Krauthammer predicted that he would have a "credibility problem" if weapons of mass destruction were not found in Iraq within the next five months.

What do you miss now? The possibility that we might wake up one morning and find him covered with honey and hanging upside down over fire ants? Help us out here.

Sean92008

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 21, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
Just noticed this on Drudge, though there is no link to it: KRAUTHAMMER DEAD
Well, sounds like he lived life both on borrowed time and to the fullest.  Even though he was derailed by the accident, he persevered.

He's 180° from Heathierstic behavior.

Dr. MD MD

A liberal Canadian Jew becomes a conservative American Jew. What a turn around! ;D

To me he represented the attempt by the MSM to sell conservatives establishment liberal values.

Meow!

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 04:45:59 PM

Krauthammer is a longtime advocate of radically higher energy taxes to induce conservation.

Awwwww.

He started out a liberal, that kind of conditioning can be hard to break, however:

Krauthammer wrote in The Washington Post on February 20, 2014, "I'm not a global warming believer. I'm not a global warming denier." Objecting to declaring global warming settled science, he contended that much that is believed to be settled turns out not to be so.

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 21, 2018, 04:54:14 PM
I didn't agree with all of his positions but with that said, I'll miss him.  RIP, Mr. Krauthammer.

I didn't either, but ditto your RIP.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 21, 2018, 07:22:29 PM
A liberal Canadian Jew becomes a conservative American Jew. What a turn around! ;D

To me he represented the attempt by the MSM to sell conservatives establishment liberal values.

Meow!

Interesting theory, well we won't be able to ask him and find out...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 08:39:53 AM
Interesting theory, well we won't be able to ask him and find out...

He backed W all the way and was adamantly against Trump becoming president. Smart guy, obviously but he preferred pretty words to meaningful actions. I've had quite enough of that.

Metron2267

My personal agreement rate with him was about 70%, so there were areas that I feel he remained solidly lib. :-\

starrmtn001

Koko, beloved gorilla that mastered sign language, dies.  6.22.18.

https://youtu.be/8SftcwOUgj0

Metron2267

46 years old and she had her own kitty. :'(

The late Michael Crichton's wonderful novel "Congo" had a gorilla named Amy who was patterned after Koko.

It's a good rousing read.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7672.Congo

In San Francisco, primatologist Peter Elliot works with Amy, a gorilla with an extraordinary vocabulary of 620 "signs," the most ever learned by a primate, and she likes to fingerpaint. But recently, her behavior has been erratic and her drawings match, with stunning accuracy, the brittle pages of a Portuguese print dating back to 1642 . . . a drawing of an ancient lost city. A new expedition -- along with Amy -- is sent into the Congo where they enter a secret world...

:)

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 22, 2018, 01:32:50 PM
The late Michael Crichton

Is it just me, or is it not wholly obvious now that all those books were written by a collective think-tank? Which is, you know, cool and all, but, still.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on June 22, 2018, 01:35:59 PM

Is it just me, or is it not wholly obvious now that all those books were written by a collective think-tank? Which is, you know, cool and all, but, still.

Huh...

Well that's a new one on me. ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Crichton

In 1970, Crichton again published three novels: Drug of Choice, Grave Descend and Dealing: or the Berkeley-to-Boston Forty-Brick Lost-Bag Blues with his younger brother Douglas Crichton. Dealing was written under the pen name 'Michael Douglas', using their first names. This novel was adapted to the big screen and set a wave for his brother Douglas as well as himself. Grave Descend earned him an Edgar Award nomination the following year.

He wrote the screenplay for the films Extreme Close-Up (1973), Jurassic Park (1993), Rising Sun (1993), and Twister (1996), the latter co-written with Anne-Marie Martin, his wife at the time.

Jackstar

Obviously a think-tank could edit Wikipedia. Think McFly--think.

Juan

And a think tank could train Koko to, when introduced to two women, sign “Show me your nipples.”
https://web.archive.org/web/20110912055930/http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/atk/start?atk_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2Famericas%2F4280961.stm

Metron2267

She was a very kinky primate... :-*

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on June 22, 2018, 02:11:37 PM
Obviously a think-tank could edit Wikipedia. Think McFly--think.

Yabutt...didja like any of his books? ;)

comaphobe

Vinnie Paul of Pantera is dead

Norm

Gennady Rozhdestvensky, Russian Conductor, dead at 87

Sean92008

Hog

RIP Vinnie Paul, dead at 54.  Pantera was one of the greatest metal bands Ive ever had the pleasure of seeing live.

peace
Hog

McAfee winged by a poisoner but not yet dead   ::)

More info here: John McAfee 'Outs' "Wanted Sex Trafficker" In Post-Poisoning Tweetstorm

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-23/john-mcafee-vows-revenge-enemies-who-tried-poison-me