• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150904 - Madman Marcum - Time Travel - Live Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 04, 2015, 10:01:43 PM

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 05, 2015, 12:42:17 AM
Just like you'd probably do a crappy job of interviewing him.

SK has been trolling since it started Aug 6th....

Brewhound

Quote from: cosmic hobo on September 04, 2015, 10:57:12 PM
Lucky for you Coast to Coast starts in 3 minutes. See ya.

So...you went to listen to something called "Horsefly Haunting Case", along with a psychic medium instead of listening to the first Madman Marcum interview in many years?  Wow, I question your choices, man.

ItsOver

Madman works his way back to the experiment warehouse and doesn't try like mad to track down anyone who could substantiate his whiz-bang event, even if it was just the one name he remembered? 

ZomZom

Enjoyed the show up to the point where he woke up in Ohio.  Callers touched on some of the issues.  I'd like to hear a family member corroborate his absence or some of his investors come forward to describe what happened after he disappeared.  He should be able to produce some bank and credit card records with a two-year gap of activity, and some mail or other records of past-due bills.  All of these would be helpful but all are absent, and his specificity when speaking to the technical details of this story becomes strangely ambiguous when such points are raised.

Just listening, and Marcum claims to have ended up in Fairfield, Ohio, which is pretty much the next neighborhood over from me. Trippy.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ziznak on September 05, 2015, 09:58:20 AM
yess long story short... basically... madman rocked.

If you mean "rocked" like in giving him a five star rating... Nah he was way above par, for story telling, but way to many holes in his story. Didn't have a well thought out time line and didn't have a cast of characters like say a Mel Waters... What rocked was Art, and his ability to get the most out of Madmad. Again compared to Mel, Mel could be entertaining without Art. Whereas Madmad needed Art to help direct his story line.

ziznak

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 11:47:46 AM
If you mean "rocked" like in giving him a five star rating... Nah he was way above par, for story telling, but way to many holes in his story. Didn't have a well thought out time line and didn't have a cast of characters like say a Mel Waters... What rocked was Art, and his ability to get the most out of Madmad. Again compared to Mel, Mel could be entertaining without Art. Whereas Madmad needed Art to help direct his story line.

right but he has all the great qualities of the other great yarn spinners... I actually really love some of the most obviously flawed stories and some of their tellers.  Montauk and the Philadelphia experiment, Z-Sitch, that tall whites guy... forgot his name.  point is it was good radio and fun to follow marcum down the rabbit hole.  Now if you really want to try and believe his story is true you can always chalk the holes in his tale up to some sort of delusional genius syndrome and the after effects of his big ZAP.

Heather Wade

There are things Mike left out of his interview last night, as was his choice.  Maybe one night, someday, he will choose to reveal what has happened in the last 15 years.  I've said too much. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Redacted) on September 05, 2015, 12:17:50 PM
There are things Mike left out of his interview last night, as was his choice.  Maybe one night, someday, he will choose to reveal what has happened in the last 15 years.  I've said too much.

You play that coy card, oh so well....

Problem with Mike, he's a real person, trying to mix some real life adventures and BS into one story. Nice superficial story but won't hold up when layers of onion are peeled back. If he reveals more "things" someday, they can easily be investigated. If these "things" are true then Mike should reveal them in a Book. He understands the price of fame, and said he's ready to pay it.

chefist

It was fun stuff! I like to take things as they are! Life's more enjoyable that way! It is a new classic for Art!

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 05, 2015, 11:40:26 AM
Just listening, and Marcum claims to have ended up in Fairfield, Ohio, which is pretty much the next neighborhood over from me. Trippy.
That Cincinnati chili can have some strong effects. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 12:49:12 PM
You play that coy card, oh so well....

Problem with Mike, he's a real person, trying to mix some real life adventures and BS into one story. Nice superficial story but won't hold up when layers of onion are peeled back. If he reveals more "things" someday, they can easily be investigated. If these "things" are true then Mike should reveal them in a Book. He understands the price of fame, and said he's ready to pay it.
Yes.  The old "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."  An interesting and extraordinary story last night but nothing close to extrordinary proof again.  At least produce some witnesses to his warehouse experimentation claims.

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on September 05, 2015, 02:04:48 PM
Yes.  The old "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."  An interesting and extraordinary story last night but nothing close to extrordinary proof again.  At least produce some witnesses to his warehouse experimentation claims.
where are those idiots with the bb-guns now!!?!?!

Mebee

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2015, 11:59:26 PM
That was a great question about why didn't he materialize in Space.

I hope they go back to it because it is an important point.

Just now listening, but I think you refer to what I was thinking.... that the "reappeared east or west" incidents might relate to Earth's motions in space during the missing time. Of course, there are also other motions involved.

whoozit

Excellent show, probably my favorite MITD so far.  Wish I could have listened to it live.  Reminds me of a night long ago when I was doing calculations to figure out how much 80,000 feet of fishing line weighs.  Seemed to be less trolls in the thread too.

Juan Cena

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 05, 2015, 11:47:46 AM

Holes? In a paranormal story? I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

anunnaki

"There are things Mike left out of his interview last night, as was his choice.  Maybe one night, someday, he will choose to reveal what has happened in the last 15 years"

He certainly wasn't short on any "Basically s".

This clown couldn't complete a sentence without "Basically" in it.

He also was annoying with repetitious "to make a long story short..."

He should be forced to listen to a replay of himself to hear what an idiot he sounds like !

Morgus

Quote from: henge0stone on September 05, 2015, 08:55:05 AM
Are the Titor shows in the archives? I'm up to 2004 and I haven't heard any yet, maybe I missed them..
They weren't shows with Art, the original John Titor posted a lot back around 2000-2001 at the old Art Bell internet forum/message board and those posts are now archived at the johntitor.com website.

Here is an early John Titor Q&A posting:
What's the largest technical problem when traveling in time?
The hard part of traveling through time is not the bending of gravity but the plotting of your course and holding to the basic "position" in your environment. This is done through a system called VGL (variable gravity lock).

An interesting  John Titor post from late 2000 referring to 2015:
In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 05, 2015, 01:53:05 PM
That Cincinnati chili can have some strong effects. ;)

Funnily enough, I had some last night.

And escargot tonight.

I'm a living Gabcast.

Heather Wade

Quote from: anunnaki on September 05, 2015, 05:32:41 PM
"There are things Mike left out of his interview last night, as was his choice.  Maybe one night, someday, he will choose to reveal what has happened in the last 15 years"

He certainly wasn't short on any "Basically s".

This clown couldn't complete a sentence without "Basically" in it.

He also was annoying with repetitious "to make a long story short..."

He should be forced to listen to a replay of himself to hear what an idiot he sounds like !

Hi Dave!

anunnaki

"Basically", and "To make a long story short"

I'd like to put a Dog Shock Collar around his neck and every time he repeated that word or phrase, shock the snot out of him !!!!

I had the misfortune once to attend a lecture on the history of Florida by a State employee. I recognized her from a previous encounter/lecture and this time I was ready with pen and paper to keep score - She said "Actually" 35 times in 37 minutes!

Others I hate- "Realistically" and the all time classic "You know" ! If I was the host I would respond each time with "No, I don't know"

WOTR

Quote from: anunnaki on September 05, 2015, 06:42:05 PM

I'd like to put a Dog Shock Collar around his neck and every time he repeated that word or phrase, shock the snot out of him !!!!

I had the misfortune once to attend a lecture on the history of Florida by a State employee. I recognized her from a previous encounter/lecture and this time I was ready with pen and paper to keep score - She said "Actually" 35 times in 37 minutes!

Others I hate- "Realistically" and the all time classic "You know" ! If I was the host I would respond each time with "No, I don't know"
So... Basically, around 1% of this listeners and posters here did not like the show- more or less.  To make a long post short, that is basically a pretty good rate.  You know, I think that Red, Art, and even that madman himself should be more than just basically proud of that show, but actually outright proud.  Eh?

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 05, 2015, 06:21:10 PM
Funnily enough, I had some last night.

And escargot tonight.

I'm a living Gabcast.
Ha!  I enjoy Cincinnati chili when I'm in the area. Love the little cheese coneys.

I hope Madman made the most of it. :)

Auslandia

Quote from: ItsOver on September 05, 2015, 07:01:03 PM
Ha!  I enjoy Cincinnati chili when I'm in the area. Love the little cheese coneys.

I hope Madman made the most of it. :)

Cincinnati chili sounds sexual like a Cleveland steamer.

The show was a classic and thank you for making it possible.

AppealPlay

It was a damn good interview.  I would very much like to know what he's been up to since 2000.  Like the other guy said, he didn't really explain the last 15 years of his life.  I'd like to know what he's done since his trip to Ohio.

onan

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 05, 2015, 09:55:51 PM
It was a damn good interview.  I would very much like to know what he's been up to since 2000.  Like the other guy said, he didn't really explain the last 15 years of his life.  I'd like to know what he's done since his trip to Ohio.

It certainly was. Adding to the interview was the knowledge that Marcum was reluctant to speak in public. Had it not been for a bellgabber that lived near and peripherally knew Marcum, the interview may never have happened. Thanks to Fearless1 and (Redacted) for making it happen. Thanks to Art Bell for giving a very supportive and interesting interview.

Marcum isn't a public speaker. He didn't seek out media to share his story. Instead, he was asked several times by several people. Is his story nothing but fact? most likely not. But those of us that listen to Art Bell, even the most skeptical (unless they are crazy) realize it is entertainment. If a guest is obviously scamming for financial gain at other's cost, then disdain is appropriate. Marcum wasn't any of that. Choosing to discredit because of nervous speech patters reminds me of eighth grade elitism... so for those that are in that camp... piss off.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2015, 11:15:10 PM
I used up my quota of Wormhole time Squeeing.

Hey, jazzy...pace yourself, you want to ruin this show too!!!!???

Ms. C

Quote from: anunnaki on September 05, 2015, 06:42:05 PM

Quote from: onan on September 06, 2015, 05:05:53 AM
It certainly was. Adding to the interview was the knowledge that Marcum was reluctant to speak in public. Had it not been for a bellgabber that lived near and peripherally knew Marcum, the interview may never have happened. Thanks to Fearless1 and (Redacted) for making it happen. Thanks to Art Bell for giving a very supportive and interesting interview.

Marcum isn't a public speaker. He didn't seek out media to share his story. Instead, he was asked several times by several people. Is his story nothing but fact? most likely not. But those of us that listen to Art Bell, even the most skeptical (unless they are crazy) realize it is entertainment. If a guest is obviously scamming for financial gain at other's cost, then disdain is appropriate. Marcum wasn't any of that. Choosing to discredit because of nervous speech patters reminds me of eighth grade elitism... so for those that are in that camp... piss off.
+1