• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 13, 2013, 06:12:05 PM

As with EVERY Noory story, I think we knew it either never happened at all, or if he did bite into a too hot Pizza Roll the whole experience couldn't have possibly been what he said it was.  I mean who keeps molten hot food in their mouths for 5 seconds - to the point of being burned to the extent he claimed - before spitting it out?  Who calls someone (Tommy) in the middle of the night to drive them to an emergency room for this?  Who would always carefully get a turkey sandwich on whole grain, but if that wasn't available would just go for the junkiest of junk food?  He couldn't come in to do the show for 2 days, then afterward he was fine for 4 hours a night?  On and on.

It was a very peculiar story, but what will the spin be (apart from the official description you posted)?  "Convenience store out of turkey sandwiches?  Your local supermarket is closed for the evening?  You would grab some pizza rolls but uggghh.. they're as good as impossible!  That cellophane wrapper!  Those difficult microwave instructions!  And that painful burning sensation!  You might as well be in radio hell!  Well, it's George Noory to the rescue with his new book George Noory's Late Night Snacks .  The food that melts in your hand but doesn't melt your throat.  So simple even George can make it."

You could well be correct but I'm just trying to figure out how his story will market books.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 13, 2013, 06:35:19 PM
It was a very peculiar story, but what will the spin be (apart from the official description you posted)?  "Convenience store out of turkey sandwiches?  Your local supermarket is closed for the evening?  You would grab some pizza rolls but uggghh.. they're as good as impossible!  That cellophane wrapper!  Those difficult microwave instructions!  And that painful burning sensation!  You might as well be in radio hell!  Well, it's George Noory to the rescue with his new book George Noory's Late Night Snacks .  The food that melts in your hand but doesn't melt your throat.  So simple even George can make it."

I'm staying away from the Behind the Secret Door Hurried Pocket Jerky

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 13, 2013, 06:01:57 PM

It's two in the morning in Los Angeles and only a few cars are on the 405, while on the East Coast the diners haven't yet opened for the morning rush.  It's too late for dinner, too early for breakfast, and there's no pre-packaged, nuke-it-up fast food in the freezer.  What can you eat?  George Noory has put together the ultimate in late-night-treat cookbooks: Late - Night Snacks  for late-night radio.  He's gathered over a hundred of his own personalized recipes for the night hawks and night owls transfixed by stories of the paranormal, UFOs, past lives, ghosts, and anything from ETs to poltergeists that go bump in the night.  Noory's easy-to-make recipes include:  •  Secret Door Meatloaf  •  Hurried Curry Pockets  •  Alien Jerky  •  And many more!  When it's late and you're listening to Coast to Coast AM on the radio… grab Late- Night Snacks … and have a real treat!

Sweet Jaysus.  I'm reminded of a Mother's Day cookbook we made in first grade.  This is the final nail in the coffin that once was C2C.  It's become nothing but a pathetic parody.  I get Art wants to retire and he should do that.  However, to say he won't return to work because he doesn't want to compete against and destroy what he created is ludicrous. That show no longer exists in any way, shape, or form.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on May 13, 2013, 06:45:24 PM
Sweet Jaysus.  I'm reminded of a Mother's Day cookbook we made in first grade.  This is the final nail in the coffin that once was C2C.  It's become nothing but a pathetic parody.  I get Art wants to retire and he should do that.  However, to say he won't return to work because he doesn't want to compete against and destroy what he created is ludicrous. That show no longer exists in any way, shape, or form.

I'm curious about why he distinguishes between the Night Hawks and the Night Owls.  Is there a difference?  How do people know which one they are?

I remember once George confessed to being befuddled that callers thought 'The Night Hawk' was some kind of bird.  He said he meant it to be for the 'airplane', and couldn't figure out why people didn't get that.  Now he's using it in his cookbook description, but do airplanes eat snacks?

The World is fucking crazy. Who in their sound mind thinks people are going to pay for recipes from this asshole?
150 ways to roast a dick?
After seeing that this "book" is co-authored, I'd be willing to bet Noary's contribution is probably very minor and he contributed very little. Sound familiar....

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 13, 2013, 06:56:15 PM

I'm curious about why he distinguishes between the Night Hawks and the Night Owls.  Is there a difference?  How do people know which one they are?

Well, the way I see it... One half of Noary fans shit out their ass and the other half shit out their mouth.
That's pretty much the difference between a hawk and an owl. Well, besides rotating heads and having a board face.

I remember once George confessed to being befuddled that callers thought 'The Night Hawk' was some kind of bird.  He said he meant it to be for the 'airplane', and couldn't figure out why people didn't get that.  Now he's using it in his cookbook description, but do airplanes eat snacks?

...and I always thought George Noory as the Nighthawk was about the worst personality-to-nickname match ever when I still thought it was a bird (which was about 30 seconds ago).  Who names themselves after a plane?  And who names themselves after a plane that was named after a bird and expects people to get that? When I think of George Noory the bird that does come to mind is the seagull, which my friends used to call shithawks.

ItsOver

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 13, 2013, 07:02:17 PM
The World is fucking crazy. Who in their sound mind thinks people are going to pay for recipes from this asshole?
150 ways to roast a dick?
After seeing that this "book" is co-authored, I'd be willing to bet Noary's contribution is probably very minor and he contributed very little. Sound familiar....

I'm sure he hasn't read it.  Especially the "how to eat without maiming yourself" part.

ItsOver

Night hawk Noory.... right, Jorch.  I'm thinking you're a better match with an extinct bird.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 13, 2013, 07:13:22 PM
...and I always thought George Noory as the Nighthawk was about the worst personality-to-nickname match ever when I still thought it was a bird (which was about 30 seconds ago).  Who names themselves after a plane?  And who names themselves after a plane that was named after a bird and expects people to get that?
I didn't understand the original comment by the P*B. There is an airplane called a nighthawk and that is why he chose that nickname and not the bird? What the fuck kind of logic and common sense is that when expecting people to understand it's a plane when the motherfucker is on the air after dark.

I swear this whole Noary thing is some sort of a twisted joke. It has to be. What else makes sense?

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 13, 2013, 07:50:58 PM
I didn't understand the original comment by the P*B. There is an airplane called a nighthawk and that is why he chose that nickname and not the bird? What the fuck kind of logic and common sense is that when expecting people to understand it's a plane when the motherfucker is on the air after dark.

I swear this whole Noary thing is some sort of a twisted joke. It has to be. What else makes sense?

It's the original black-op F-117 stealth fighter, painted black and used exclusively for night time operations, and was probably just being revealed to the public when he dawned the nickname.  I sort of see the logic but I stand by my original statement.

Morgus

There was also a Honda Nighthawk motorcycle...

Roy Hinkley

After serving in the Navy for NINE YEARS, you'd think he could at least go with a nautical theme - like Torpedo Head, the Destroyer (as in destroys C2C), Scuttles Snoory, or Barnacle Breath Noory...

Is the Nighthawk at least a Navy fighter?

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on May 13, 2013, 09:26:55 PM
After serving in the Navy for NINE YEARS, you'd think he could at least go with a nautical theme - like Torpedo Head, the Destroyer (as in destroys C2C), Scuttles Snoory, or Barnacle Breath Noory...

Nope.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 13, 2013, 08:07:56 PM
It's the original black-op F-117 stealth fighter, painted black and used exclusively for night time operations, and was probably just being revealed to the public when he dawned the nickname.  I sort of see the logic but I stand by my original statement.
I would have never, ever put that together man.
How and why in the fuck does Noary think he is the F-117 of talk radio? As retarded as the bird is, it is soooo much better and logical of a choice.

FFS

Edited to add: Actually, now that I think about it...
The F-117- An overpriced, fancy, obsolete, lightweight, fairy, overrated piece of shit.  8)

The Pollywog

ItsOver

Since The Nooron never comes up with anything original... well at least that's good... I'm speculating he heard Art doing his "wanna take a ride.." line one night.   The Nooron thought "yeah, the stealth fighter, flying through the night.... taking us for a ride.  I'll be The Nighthawk!  That's the ticket."  ::)

ItsOver

I'm thinking "The Night Swabbie."

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ItsOver on May 13, 2013, 10:13:11 PM

I'm thinking "The Night Swabbie."

Sad thing is, I think Georgie would even shhcrew that up...

Roy Hinkley

I would pay to have George say "solar shhtorms" five times quickly...

Roy Hinkley

LOL - George's shtory on the lady singing on the plane he said she was "carooning".

fotd

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: fotd on May 13, 2013, 11:30:40 PM
"We'll be white,RIGHT back..."

arrrgh

Huh, huh, huh, he sounded like Elmer J. Fudd wooking for dat waskiwy wabbit...

Roy Hinkley

caller compliments Snoory's laugh - George responds "I do have a nice laugh".  So modest.

fotd

"...a complete out of the grid..."

How can someone miss common words like outage?  Total fear mongering for the first hour.

Some lady just called to complement snoory and said he had a great laugh.  That's it, got to turn it off now.

Why do these guys keep saying NASA is predicting an intense flare on the scale of the 1859 event within x number of years?  Everything I've seen from NASA says they can't predict those things.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 13, 2013, 05:56:03 PM
$24.99 regular price on Amazon.com, but pre-order now $16.49 and receive on November 5, 2013.

Hardcover 224 pages.

Is this some sort of Prem Rad attempt at damage control?

Oddly, Indigo Chapters has it listed with a 2010 release date and full title of George Noory's Late-Night Snacks: Winning Recipes for Late-Night Radio Listening

A nice subtitle would have been ' Rehashed Recipes From Cafe Marrakesh and Oasis Bar'

Roy Hinkley

I am getting absolutely NOTHING from this guest.  His enthusiasm and delivery exude confidence, but he is saying nothing.