• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Weather in your Area

Started by Up All Night, October 15, 2017, 09:25:56 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: WeinerInHand on July 03, 2018, 07:00:44 PM
I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste from my atlas!

Just remember, the “A” is silent.

Metron2267

Drive safely, they have one in Tejas too as you must know...

pate

Supposedly a new record low for Kansas City today and probably tomorrow...

18F I think?  That's Janurary/FEB weather.  And it snowed.

Hog

Woodstock Ontario, -4ºC/24.8ºF, and very windy.  I hope the wind calms down for tommorrows Remembrance Day ceremonies.

"Lest We Forget"

peace
Hog

WeinerInHand

I-95 North through Baltimore. 44F. Light rain.

paladin1991

First snow of the season fell yesterday.  Idaho panhandle.

Lilith

Lilith

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 10, 2018, 11:37:42 AM
Hahaha! I just noticed!

Did you put your truck in reverse?   ;D

I really miss your trucking adventure story audios!

WeinerInHand

Quote from: brig on November 10, 2018, 11:53:14 AM
Did you put your truck in reverse?   ;D

I really miss your trucking adventure story audios!

I'll interview Liberace the next time I'm down his way!

Lilith

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 10, 2018, 01:36:34 PM
I'll interview Liberace the next time I'm down his way!

AMAZING!   MOAR!!!!!

aldousburbank

Sierra foothills of Northern California reporting with very smokey skies and a 90% chance of lung irritation and headaches.

pate

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 14, 2018, 01:34:54 PM
40F in KC

Hmm, there are caves all over.  There's the ones in Parkville under Park University.  Then there's some off 31st street by the TV station and some more out on the East side somewhere I think...

Which ones are those?  PS, it ain't no 40F above ground...

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on November 14, 2018, 01:45:52 PM
Which ones are those?

I recognize those as snaps from a video some guy claimed was from driving into a D.U.M.B. Looks plausible.

Unclear on present relevance, but shit--not like I'm gonna complain about that.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: pate on November 14, 2018, 01:45:52 PM

Which ones are those?  PS, it ain't no 40F above ground...

Eastside. Independence. Geospace Drive.

Also,..

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Jackstar on November 14, 2018, 01:51:52 PM
I recognize those as snaps from a video some guy claimed was from driving into a D.U.M.B. Looks plausible.

Unclear on present relevance, but shit--not like I'm gonna complain about that.

After being inside one of the caves, you can see how easily it would be to construct one to go VERY deep.

pate

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 14, 2018, 01:52:54 PM
Eastside. Independence. Geospace Drive.

Also,..

Yeah, I knew there were some out on the East side.

My car's exterior temp gauge shows the temp to be 34F, right now.  I am a bit farther west than you are (downtown KC), I guess it could be 5F warmer out in Independence.  Everyone knows Google is not to be trusted, just sayin'...

WeinerInHand

Quote from: pate on November 14, 2018, 02:02:52 PM
Yeah, I knew there were some out on the East side.

My car's exterior temp gauge shows the temp to be 34F, right now.  I am a bit farther west than you are (downtown KC), I guess it could be 5F warmer out in Independence.  Everyone knows Google is not to be trusted, just sayin'...

My truck guage said 38 -- I rounded up. ⤴️

Metron2267

...long as you ain't delivering to these caverns:

pate

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 14, 2018, 01:55:40 PM
After being inside one of the caves, you can see how easily it would be to construct one to go VERY deep.

Hell you don't have to construct them, the natural caves around here are a complex that extends for miles (allegedly).  Legend has it that under Kansas City there is a vast complex of caves some supposedly connected by mobsters in Prohibition, some connected for the Underground Railroad from the Civil War era and etc.

There's a legendary entrance into this alleged complex that was bricked over/concreted in back in the 1940s or 1950s in my neighborhood:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/roanoke-park-cave-kansas-city-mystery

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/69um8u/what_is_behind_the_longsealed_entrance_to_roanoke/

Caves all along the Blue River too, we used to find them when we were kids, that's when I first heard about the legendary connected complex of caves going all over the place in KC.  The natural ones were supposed to be tied into the manmade ones.  We loved to speculate about how they were tied into the federal complex at 95th(Bannister) & Troost (Bendix->AlliedSignal->Honeywell plant managed by the DoE{nukes}).  That place went deep underground, or at least we were convinced it did.

The Plaza is supposed to have a bunch of underground structures, mostly man-made that are interconnected, I have heard about that for years.  I have personally seen some of this stuff under the Prairie Village shopping center (those are supposed to be fallout shelters or something...).  Would not surprise me at all to find out that it is true.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on November 14, 2018, 02:18:00 PM
Hell you don't have to construct them, the natural caves around here are a complex that extends for miles (allegedly).

[attachment=1,msg1277572]
[attachment=2,msg1277572]

Quote from: pate on November 14, 2018, 02:18:00 PM
Would not surprise me at all to find out that it is true.

Jackstar

https://marcellusdrilling.com/2018/01/new-englands-lack-of-pipelines-most-expensive-gas-in-the-world/

QuoteWith the arrival of an extended cold period, because of a lack of natural gas pipeline capacity in New England, recent spot prices for natgas near Boston have spiked to more than $35 per thousand cubic feet (Mcf). It gives New England the dubious distinction of paying the highest average price for natural gas in the entire WORLD. The price for the same gas about 250 miles away in the Marcellus? Between $1-$2/Mcf.

Wow. That's too bad.

Jackstar

It's such a shame, that fuel doesn't grow on trees plants.