• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Time Travelers for $5 a month will only use Paypal

Started by JPM, June 20, 2015, 03:20:27 PM

Jackstar

Nothing screams "I would like to join the conversation!" more stridently than "I don't want to tell you my real name!"

albrecht

Quote from: brig on June 22, 2015, 04:41:20 PM
I might be mistaken, but I think you meant "The LESS personal information "out there", the better"  instead of "The MORE personal information "out there" the better".  Correct me if I'm wrong, and if so, sorry, my bad, sincerely  :)
Haha, yes.

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2015, 05:12:11 PM
Haha, yes.

I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea ...and use it against me.....Mwahahahaha.......Thank You for clarifying  :)

MV/Liberace!

I would like Keith Rowland to tell me if my Social Security number will be visible to other MITD users.  Thank you in advance.

jazmunda

I'm still trying to use MV's real name against him in some way. I would steal his identity but who would want that. Just sayin.

MAX

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 22, 2015, 03:34:38 PM
I don't know what the fuss is about. It couldn't be easier to sign up for this.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

Didn't want to get into this but oh well... The fuss is I don't have a pay pal account and don't want one. And no it's not because I am not hip like you young folks,  been in the computer field since mainframes. Just plain stupid to limit to 1 option. Go research percentage of online transactions using it on amazon to start. Not main option for mainstream America , period,  most want to enter a CC number, instead to pay my little 5 bucks I first need to sign up for pay pal, just dumb business move.... Sorry I am done and will leave now..

ShayP

I apologize if this point has been addressed, but, I believe in order to accept credit card payments (including debit cards with a MC or Visa logo) you have to pay a fee to the company for each transaction.  Maybe that's the reluctance for that option. *shrug*

Lilith

Quote from: MV on June 22, 2015, 06:10:40 PM
I would like Keith Rowland to tell me if my Social Security number will be visible to other MITD users.  Thank you in advance.

Now ur making FUN of me.......I'm hurt.

Quote from: MV on June 22, 2015, 06:10:40 PM

How many times was the forum hacked recently?

Can I pay the black rat that lives on Jorch's head to personally deliver a crisp $5 bill to Art in Nevada, every month? Of course, that's after I remove all fingerprints and any small hairs or clothing fibers, which could be used to identify me, and thus lead to the discovery of my real name. On an unrelated note, I once won $50 million dollars in my state lottery, but I refused to take the winnings, because my state requires the winner's name to be released, and I did not want to be identified.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MAX on June 22, 2015, 07:30:25 PM

Didn't want to get into this but oh well... The fuss is I don't have a pay pal account and don't want one. And no it's not because I am not hip like you young folks,  been in the computer field since mainframes. Just plain stupid to limit to 1 option. Go research percentage of online transactions using it on amazon to start. Not main option for mainstream America , period,  most want to enter a CC number, instead to pay my little 5 bucks I first need to sign up for pay pal, just dumb business move.... Sorry I am done and will leave now..

I'm not sure if this will work for subscribing to art but this is directly from pay pals website. Either PayPal is being glib and far less than upfront about how this works or people on this forum complaining about PayPal didn't bother taking five minutes to google how to do it without having an account.

"Don’t want to create a PayPal account just yet?
No problem! Just enter the card information as you normally do with a debit or credit card during checkout. For the billing address, you can enter your home or shipping address. As long as the prepaid gift card you selected has enough balance to cover the total amount, you are good to go! If you like this experience, you can sign up to become a PayPal member at any time."[/color][/font]

not gonna happen. not gonna jump through hoops for pay pal. don't need pay pal. don't want pay pal. i'm so tired of hearing how you have to protect your information then find that every place wants it before you can do anything. i love hearing art bell, but i also listened to some of the very informative shows done on related subjects that this issue touches. i don't mind using a CC for payments. if you don't want my money, that's ok with me.

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 05, 2015, 08:02:07 PM
there is no escaping it. i needed to purchase a better grade of pet food today at a pet store. at the check out, they wanted my phone number, name  and email address before they would allow me to make the purchase. i told them " i don't think so". i explained to them that once i swipe my card, they will have all the info they will ever need.
it took 15 minutes to actually make the purchase after a store manager was called.  i don't think that i'm an idiot. i'm aware that i provide all kinds of info everyday. i actually heard other people wonder out loud as to what my problem was in providing the info requested. at least two of these folks pulled out their phones and pointed them in my direction. i'm almost certainly on YT by now. fuck it. i paid in cash and left. i really needed the pet food for a sick animal.

“Repent, Harlequin," said the Ticktock Man. "Get stuffed," the Harlequin replied.” --Harlan Ellison, Paingod and Other Delusions

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on June 22, 2015, 08:03:22 PM
Now ur making FUN of me.......I'm hurt.

noooo, just making fun of the overall conversation here.

ShayP

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on June 22, 2015, 08:59:53 PM
Can I pay the black rat that lives on Jorch's head to personally deliver a crisp $5 bill to Art in Nevada, every month? Of course, that's after I remove all fingerprints and any small hairs or clothing fibers, which could be used to identify me, and thus lead to the discovery of my real name. On an unrelated note, I once won $50 million dollars in my state lottery, but I refused to take the winnings, because my state requires the winner's name to be released, and I did not want to be identified.

I got the best chuckle from this.  Thank you....sincerely.  CHEERS!

Echo

I don't get why Art is charging $5 a month to access past shows. Why not upload them to youtube 48hrs after the live podcast is over. You can monetize the show on youtube if you become a partner.  You will be missing out on revenue if you don't do it. We already know people will upload the podcast episodes on youtube and torrent sites no matter what you do. People do it for C2C shows already.

Other podcasts allow you to download past episode for free and they upload them to youtube.

I wonder how much BellGab will change. Will we start seeing members censored/banned for talking about MITD torrents or will members be able to discuss it like they do old c2c art bell shows torrents. Can we talk about it if we bash George Noory in the process.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: MV on June 22, 2015, 09:50:12 PM
none.

With respect, maybe not *successfully* hacked, but if your server logs are anything like mine they're at least full of dictionary attacks day and night.  Sure, easy enough to thwart, but the issue is out there.  And who you think they're gonna have an easier time hacking, Paypal or MITD's site? 

In any case it should be easy enough to let you use an anonymous username & link up with paypal like they do on Steam and elsewhere.  Now would it be ok anyways if they don't?  Probably.  But alot of us have sadly become a tad paranoid (for me it happened after friggin Anthem got hacked right after Home Depot and I was exposed to both.)

I kind of don't care.  How many good guests/topics are there going to be?  How many past shows am I going to go back and listen to?

I'll probably do what I used to do, listen to the top of the show, to the news, etc, listen to the first segment or two of the guest - unless it was a guest or topic I was truly interested in (maybe one or two a week, average) - then go to bed.  To me there's not much point in listening to the same frauds and charlatans over and over, or even the guests I like if they don't really have anything new (and boy am I in the minority here)

I'm happy to pay the $5, but not the way it's set up now

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 22, 2015, 10:46:44 PM
I kind of don't care.  How many good guests/topics are there going to be?  How many past shows am I going to go back and listen to?

I'll probably do what I used to do, listen to the top of the show, to the news, etc, listen to the first segment or two of the guest - unless it was a guest or topic I was truly interested in (maybe one a week, average) - then go to bed.  To me there's not much point in listening to the same frauds and charlatans over and over, or even the guests I like if they don't really have anything new (and boy am I in the minority here)

I'm happy to pay the $5, but not the way it's set up now

I wouldn't sweat it. Other payment options will surely emerge.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Echo on June 22, 2015, 10:25:11 PM
I don't get why Art is charging $5 a month to access past shows. Why not upload them to youtube 48hrs after the live podcast is over. You can monetize the show on youtube if you become a partner.  You will be missing out on revenue if you don't do it. We already know people will upload the podcast episodes on youtube and torrent sites no matter what you do. People do it for C2C shows already.

Other podcasts allow you to download past episode for free and they upload them to youtube.

I wonder how much BellGab will change. Will we start seeing members censored/banned for talking about MITD torrents or will members be able to discuss it like they do old c2c art bell shows torrents. Can we talk about it if we bash George Noory in the process.  ;)

This is actually something I wondered about. Theoretically they could do better that way, but also maintain a membership for an additional "Dreamland" type of show Art could prerecord along with other content. It's seems like a cumbersome way to structure things as it stands.

Rockaria

PayPal relieves Keith of having to deal with monetary security issues, obviously. It's fine. Just use it and rejoice. You can always cancel if it doesn't work for you.

popple

Quote from: ShayP on June 22, 2015, 07:46:36 PM
I apologize if this point has been addressed, but, I believe in order to accept credit card payments (including debit cards with a MC or Visa logo) you have to pay a fee to the company for each transaction.  Maybe that's the reluctance for that option. *shrug*

Maybe that's why Art said the price could raise in the future....

ksm32

Quote from: JPM on June 20, 2015, 03:20:27 PM
I just went back and forth with Keith Rowland today and he told me the payments for the monthly subscription will only use Paypal. I want to use my debit card. I think a lot of people that aren't tech savvy will be confused by this. I for one can't stand Paypal, it's not convenient at all. If Keith was going to use a real merchant account and accept credit cards and debit cards and even add a dollar or two for the cost of having a merchant account, that would be the way to go. I guess I will only will listening to the live stream. It's disappointing, I was going to listen the day after in my car.

Look at you! You're a little boy with red hair. PP simply assumes you are not good for the $.  Now GO TO BED!

It took about 30 minutes of dicking around with a platform I don't like trying to remember what e-mail was associated with the CC I wanted to use but goddamnit, they're going to shutup and take my money.

Lilith

Ok.  so...........with heart pounding, and sweating brow, I signed up with my paypal just to make MV happy  ;) 8) ??? ;D  To my happiness, I can tell you that I was able to change my login to my preferred email, and choose my own password !!  Happy Happy now.  I am very thankful someone decided to make those two things changeable.  Those were my only concerns.

phrodo

Hmmm ... apparently there are some users here that are also in a federal witness protection program.  :o

Quote from: ASC on June 21, 2015, 09:44:01 PM
Dear Grandpa -

That's pretty good. You aged yourself with some of your words. I'm sorry life has treated you this way. Feel free to take it out on me. If you have anything else in the tank, I'm all ears. I spent so many years angry taking it out on people, I'm deserving of many more of these rants. In fact, the next time you're at Walgreen's and your tiger balm is in the wrong spot, or when you show up to early bird at Hometown Buffet and there are people there younger than 40, or the doctor is 5 minutes late for your appointment, or a ball falls into your backyard, instead of unleashing your wrath on an unsuspecting victim you simply come back here to your safe place and find me, and let me have it.

I deserve it, it's all my fault. To hell with the guy who saw he was out of line himself and edited his post! He has STD's and a vagina shaped face!

However, you'll die decades before me, and then I will dedicate my life to untying your knots. The Passive Aggressive code of honor!

Then I will dig up your body and make love to you. I prefer them stiff.

Until then, I'm here for you.

Heh.

I don't think I ever officially welcomed you to Bellgab.

Welcome, my brother. Please post tons.

All the new people are really a huge plus here. Without a doubt and without sarcasm I say it.

Now. If you will excuse me. Gramps needs some candy.

tenderly,
C A M