• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 06, 2015, 11:32:28 AM
Yes, get things back on track.  Art, you've provided many years of quality entertainment before big corporate took over and smeared their grubby MBA hands all over everything.  We've seen the results and I, for one, can't wait to see things back in your capable hands.
Two weeks and counting...

Quote from: deadmeow on July 06, 2015, 10:56:36 AM
... If the people who followed and adored these leaders rejected violence, then we would not have war and genocide in these cases...

And if cats had wings, they could fly. 

But we live in a different world from that

Quote from: deadmeow on July 06, 2015, 10:56:36 AM
...  Genocide has occurred on every continent, it is not something special to Europe or Cambodia...

I think you're on to something.  So you're saying human nature is much the same everywhere, and given the chance the megalomaniacs and run-of-the-mill dictator-thugs who would seize power and destroy people's lives will continue to arise around the world?

If you think that, shouldn't we be vigilant against it?  Should the good people not take up arms to protect themselves?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2015, 11:39:14 AM
Two weeks and counting...

It's getting close. I feel like a kid before Christmas. A really weird Christmas where Hoagland pops out of a gift-wrapped box while the Grinch raids the stockings looking for toomeric and Grecian formula.

Where's the Art Bell thread?  I seem to have steped into quagmire world.

deadmeow

You can have your own opinion, but do not put words in my mouth.  Violence and genocide has occurred on every continent.  The problems in the world today are violence itself, and lack of compassion.  You can feed the fire and give in to violence and choose to lack compassion if you wish. 

I think the guy above you just sort of mentioned how this is the Art Bell thread (who returns to radio on July 20th), and well your conversation is not Art Bell related. They've been nice, but maybe not too much longer. There's an infinite amount of threads you can start to discuss your stance.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: deadmeow on July 06, 2015, 01:32:17 PM
You can have your own opinion, but do not put words in my mouth.  Violence and genocide has occurred on every continent.  The problems in the world today are violence itself, and lack of compassion.  You can feed the fire and give in to violence and choose to lack compassion if you wish.

The universe doesn't run on compassion. The basic philosophy of nature is murder, fornication and chaos. Animals eat animals, birds eat bugs, bacteria eat humans and we all breed like rabbits. That's all we're here to do. It's all about murder and sex. And that makes your philosophy an unviable and unnatural expectation of humanity. We evolved to gig mammoths and fight between our clans for survival, not to become a peaceful collective singing kumbaya while a koala flies overhead barfing rainbows. I'm not saying that violence is good, but absolute non-violence just gets you eaten.

So . . . how about that Hoagland? I can't wait to hear what he says about Dave and the big break up.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 06, 2015, 01:12:55 PM
It's getting close. I feel like a kid before Christmas. A really weird Christmas where Hoagland pops out of a gift-wrapped box while the Grinch raids the stockings looking for toomeric and Grecian formula.
I hope the sweet southern lady who called into Art's first DM show and gave him hell...well, her mild version of it, calls into the first MITD.  "Don't you ever, EVER, do that again to us, Mr. Bell..." 

Brace yourself, Art.  ;)

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on July 06, 2015, 05:21:04 AM
Good morning

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2015, 02:04:38 PM
I hope the sweet southern lady who called into Art's first DM show and gave him hell...well, her mild version of it, calls into the first MITD.  "Don't you ever, EVER, do that again to us, Mr. Bell..." 

Brace yourself, Art.  ;)

Or J.C. calls in. "Art Bell, you think you can just crawl out of the boiling pits of sewage any time you want and get on the air, well, I have news for you!"

sam

JC is phil hendrie

deadmeow

The universe does run on compassion.  There is compassion in love and love in compassion.  Love is the source of all, as it gives everything; eternal creation, eternal individuality, eternal free will.  You can choose to be the biggest baddie you wish to, and you will still retain your individuality and and existence.

Nobody has the right to harm others, but most of us have the power and ability to do so, as free will always allows free will.

If you want to kill and harm other people, that is your choice, and a world you are building for yourself and those around you.  I choose love, forgiveness, and unending compassion.  I would like to live in a world with people like Mother Theresa, not people who make war, and make excuses to let people starve and die for no reason.

I will not, and do not want to take or redistribute anyone's wealth or resources.   I only wish to share what little I have with others, and be a kind person. 

pyewacket

Quote from: deadmeow on July 06, 2015, 02:42:12 PM
The universe does run on compassion. ... 
and be a kind person.

Interesting username.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: sam on July 06, 2015, 02:41:14 PM
JC is phil hendrie

People say that but I don't think so. Phil's good with his voice, but not that good. I'm actually not even convinced that the J.C. of today is the same J.C. of the early days.

ItsOver

The universe does run on compassion...
Gee, I thought it ran on pink cotton candy, unicorns, and rainbows.  Sounds like a controversy for RCH.

The universe does run on compassion. 

Life if too complicated.  Time to be a unicorn.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2015, 02:04:38 PM

Brace yourself, Art.  ;)

Haha, I remember that.  She must be pretty worked up again by now.     :D

SciFiAuthor

The universe does run on compassion.  There is compassion in love and love in compassion.  Love is the source of all, as it gives everything; eternal creation, eternal individuality, eternal free will.  You can choose to be the biggest baddie you wish to, and you will still retain your individuality and and existence.

Nice sentiment and there's nothing wrong with it as far as how you want to live. But the universe does not run on compassion. It is a stark, murderous, hostile place where people are supposed to be eaten by bears if they don't kill the bear first. All the compassion and non-violence and such are just human constructs that go away once the food gets scarce.

That said, if you want to duke it out on the matter we could start a thread in the politics section and steer it out of this thread.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 06, 2015, 01:12:55 PM

I think we should take up a collection to get RCH a Bellgab bolo tie.  Don't I remember that someone on here does wood shop?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2015, 02:54:50 PM
Gee, I thought it ran on pink cotton candy, unicorns, and rainbows.  Sounds like a controversy for RCH.

Hoagie would call BS on it and explain that it's all just a torsion field. It's in the data. Just look at the data.

paladin1991

Quote from: deadmeow on July 06, 2015, 01:32:17 PM

We meandered off topic and are reeling it in to focus on ART BELL.  We can continue this in another thread if you wish to start one.

MAX

Nobody has the right to harm others, but most of us have the power and ability to do so, as free will always allows free will.

If you want to kill and harm other people, that is your choice, and a world you are building for yourself and those around you.  I choose love, forgiveness, and unending compassion.  I would like to live in a world with people like Mother Theresa, not people who make war, and make excuses to let people starve and die for no reason.

I will not, and do not want to take or redistribute anyone's wealth or resources.   I only wish to share what little I have with others, and be a kind person.

I state this with the most  love, forgiveness, and unending compassion, will you please shut the fuck up and go away. Thank you from the bottom of my unending loving heart.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 06, 2015, 03:02:04 PM
Nice sentiment and there's nothing wrong with it as far as how you want to live. But the universe does not run on compassion. It is a stark, murderous, hostile place where people are supposed to be eaten by bears if they don't kill the bear first. All the compassion and non-violence and such are just human constructs that go away once the food gets scarce.

That divorce must have been a rough one.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 06, 2015, 03:14:10 PM
That divorce must have been a rough one.

You have no idea. ;D

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 06, 2015, 02:27:57 PM
Or J.C. calls in. "Art Bell, you think you can just crawl out of the boiling pits of sewage any time you want and get on the air, well, I have news for you!"

I would love to hear JC again. He's had considerable time to build up a lot of new material.

Has JC ever called Dave?

sam

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 06, 2015, 02:53:33 PM
People say that but I don't think so. Phil's good with his voice, but not that good. I'm actually not even convinced that the J.C. of today is the same J.C. of the early days.

i think the noory's JC is a plant.

Falkie_Fan

The early JC was "Charlie Liberal".  I think the JC that calls Noory is UFO Phil.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 06, 2015, 03:17:25 PM
You have no idea. ;D
I had a buddy of mine living on my couch for 2 months while he was going through a divorce. I remember we were watching "Shark Week" on TV and he went on to describe how it was so similar to his divorce.

sam

Quote from: MaxGravy on July 06, 2015, 03:20:57 PM
Has JC ever called Dave?

yeah, a few times. it's on the youtube

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MaxGravy on July 06, 2015, 03:20:57 PM

I would love to hear JC again. He's had considerable time to build up a lot of new material.

Has JC ever called Dave?

Yes, some of his best call ins were with Dave. I won't even address Dave's discovery of the planet Jupiter at the beginning . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyCyouRcnes