• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Segundus on December 14, 2015, 11:50:15 AM
Yeah, or a teacher.  I agree with you.  I sit in the living room, dabbling with things on my computer while my husband has some tv news or political show on.  Almost every time a female voice comes on I find it irritating and turn the tv volume down.

You get up.  Go over to the TV that your husband is watching.  And turn the volume down. 

Do you keep his balls in a water glass next to the bed?  Just in case you decide he might need them for two minutes?   

Quote from: ziznak on December 14, 2015, 11:35:44 AM
I think like most artist's and creative genius's Art is subject to a number of sweeping mood changes and being in the position he has been in recently his choices could not have been easy.  Has anybody considered this may just be a ruse to stop the harrasment while laser guided mini-guns are installed at the residence?

All that aside, I can't get mad at the man.  I said it two years ago with the satellite shit.  I've left jobs in a huff before... went all in and got fired. I've made decision's in life I've regretted.  These things happen in life.  I'd like to see Art back on the air and I don't feel any kind of way towards him for the decision's he's made recently or in the past. 

Let's give heather a chance to host.  Give Art a break.  Let him come back as he want's unannounced... I kinda like that idea actually.  It would definitly make scheduling difficult for mr psycho.

Speaking of which... I really love how so many posters have crawled out of the woodwork to come here and shit on things since the recent events have transpired.  Ol' yorky isn't the only one who "feed(s) and thrive(s) on negativity."

Bleefy

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2015, 11:47:04 AM
There was a ton of this sentiment building up to Dark Matter, and maybe even more before MITD ... so alot of us can relate to it.  I think alot of this good will though just vaporized over the last few days.

Not because we don't sympathize with Art's security situation, which is infuriating, but because of the way the whole production, which had so much support behind it was just jettisoned overnight.

If Art wants to do an occasional show somewhere, great.  Anything beyond that may have a harder time gaining momentum again this time.

Exactly this. I wish the box at the top right could fit this entire reply.

ziznak

I think Art should just keep broadcasting like it never happened ala George Castanza.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 14, 2015, 11:32:00 AM
I don't think you actually care. I think you're more interested in disturbing the shit and entertaining yourself.

You know something? FWIW, I do care. I actually care when people are taken advantage of, especially those who hero worship those who don't deserve the adulation. I like many on this forum have met 'famous' people, much more so than AB is. Almost all are normal. Only one was so far up her own arse (mutual working environment) she thought she was better than her colleagues. They're normal because they know that the pedestal some put them on is a hell of a way to fall, and keeping their feet on the ground is essential.

I have no problem (as no-one should) if AB or any other person decides to retire; but to say he is then  deny he said it; please, do me a favour. Heather has been put in an invidious position and it's unfair.

TigerLily

Quote from: The General on December 14, 2015, 11:46:15 AM
Ha! Art owes you exactly nothing.
Nobody owes it to you to put themselves and their family at risk to produce a radio show.
Fuck off with that nonsense.
I salute you, Gunny and General

paladin1991

Just realized the 'Listen to ART' button is gone at the top.

Oh, MV.

Oh, the humanity.

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 14, 2015, 11:30:49 AM
Art knows he screwed over Heather and Keith with his retirement announcement (not to mention the affiliates that carried the show, businesses that bought advertising, and all of us that helped with the efforts going into the MITD launch) and is now outright lying to his fans in order to keep them subscribed to the network. He doesn't even have the decency to admit it.

It's difficult to contemplate, Art, not understanding; why he is receiving backlash. You publicly QUIT! Again. There is NO wiggle room. Now, you're dangling the carrot of a "possible" return? Art, you quit for good. It's in writing. Pretending you didn't quit? That's just insulting my (our) intelligence even further...

Yes, family first. I doubt any rational person wants you to put your families safety at risk. Also, I never said you were lying about the stalker. I've stated both ad nauseum.

TigerLily

Quote from: Segundus on December 14, 2015, 11:50:15 AM
Yeah, or a teacher.  I agree with you.  I sit in the living room, dabbling with things on my computer while my husband has some tv news or political show on.  Almost every time a female voice comes on I find it irritating and turn the tv volume down.
Yes. Some women sound too strident. I on the other hand have a sexy contralto voice....oh, as does Heather, of course.

Art Bell

Yes, I said I was going to hang it up, I did not say Retire, or if I did I missed it. What I wrote is what I said which did not include the word Retire. Doesn't matter I guess.

Art

Quote from: ziznak on December 14, 2015, 12:11:53 PM
I think Art should just keep broadcasting like it never happened ala George Castanza.

That's the vibe I'm getting. Quit? Pffft... Me? No, never. Not even one time...

TigerLily

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 12:21:09 PM
Yes, I said I was going to hang it up, I did not say Retire, or if I did I missed it. What I wrote is what I said which did not include the word Retire. Doesn't matter I guess.

Art
Just hope to hear you again soon. Forget the bs

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 09:59:10 AM
I did not say I was Retiring did I? I said I was going off the air because of this increasing problem with a Stalker. If some time can pass without incident I would be happy to do a random show. The big problem with this has been I had a fixed routine making it way to easy for this fool.

Art

How are you going to do that, now that you've torpedoed Dark Matter Network and chased off the radio stations?

Spinner

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:53:38 AM
Be careful there, Chronaut.. you might be accused of being a fan.  ::)  Apparently that's no longer kosher on BellGab.
BellGab is for Art's fans. Unfortunately, the usual whiny detractors are out in full force attacking Art and trying to turn people away from him. It's a well-known tactic. Constantly attacking and/or putting down others is a form of self-hatred, and they need to feel superior.
Or maybe they have a more "practical" agenda. Whatever.

Art

Still walking it back? You didn't say the word "retire" but you did say you had "cracked that mic open for a last time." You're still digging the hole rather than owning your words.

Art

So, you're back? Are we being punk'd?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 14, 2015, 12:26:23 PM

How are you going to do that, now that you've torpedoed Dark Matter Network and chased off the radio stations?

Magic. And aliens.

BellBoy

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 14, 2015, 12:26:23 PM

Yep, he certainly went 'all in'.

Art Bell

I think what I was trying to express is I did not want to stop doing the show I love but rather had to given the current situation, not a important difference I guess but Retire to me means a personal desire to be done which was not the case.

Art

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Spinner on December 14, 2015, 12:26:39 PM
BellGab is for Art's fans. Unfortunately, the usual whiny detractors are out in full force attacking Art and trying to turn people away from him. It's a well-known tactic. Constantly attacking and/or putting down others is a form of self-hatred, and they need to feel superior.
Or maybe they have a more "practical" agenda. Whatever.

The Falkie thread is barfing out its contents again.

Spinner

Art
Actually, it really doesn't matter to me. Whatever you said, you said from the heart - your honest feelings at the time. If and when circumstances change and you decide to come back to the show, I'll certainly be listening. Until then, enjoy some quality time with your family.

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 12:29:05 PM
I think what I was trying to express is I did not want to stop doing the show I love but rather had to given the current situation, not a important difference I guess but Retire to me means a personal desire to be done which was not the case.

Art

Art just do what is right for you and your family.  But if you are back on the air I will be doing the happy dance. :)  Stay safe.

SnapT

Art, could you ask George Noory to be a guest on Heather's show?  Two Art Bell replacements on one show would be beyond belief!

This is the kind of "sweeps week" thinking Heather needs if the show is going to continue past Rowland's 30 day deadline...

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SnapT on December 14, 2015, 12:34:24 PM
Art, could you ask George Noory to be a guest on Heather's show?  Two Art Bell replacements on one show would be beyond belief!

This is the kind of "sweeps week" thinking Heather needs if the show is going to continue past Rowland's 30 day deadline...

OMG I needed that. Considering what Heather did to Noory last time. I would pay for that.  ;D