• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Art Bell on November 29, 2015, 11:12:08 PM
I don't post as much because I am busy with the show. I have seen some people think I made that stuff up for ratings? Not funny, I did consider leaving because of it because it put a big stress on my
Family as well as myself but it also pissed me off. You don't get ratings because you miss a day or your so shaken that it's hard to concentrate. Ratings only come from doing a good show. Besides do people think I got all my Neighbors to give false statements to the Police? My opinion is people like to imagian the worst of people, that's all.

Art

I'm glad you haven't given up on BellGab due to some of the idle speculation

zeebo

Art most of us just want you to have a fun time doing the show.  These distractions you're dealing with must be so aggravating.  Keep safe and know you've got a ton of support here.

Dyna-X

Art routinely uses cliffhangers to get us to tune in or stay tuned in as any professional host would. At this point in his career I sincerely doubt he cooks anything ("cooking a story" means making one up for ratings in the dog eat dog radio business) Why would he need to? He has a ready made audience, stations that seek him out and he makes a little extra on the side and has some fun. We should be having fun as well, else spend 15 hours a week doing something else. If we find ourselves speculating and fighting each others speculations and turning that personal, that's just plain icky - nobody in their right mind wants to get into that.  A good rule of thumb: Don't say things about Art that you wouldn't say to his face or to anyone else on any subforum.  We're mostly very anonymous and its easy to lose the grip that behind each avatar there is a living breathing person (no dogs, as they don't type).  Call me a goody goody or a prude, I don't care - I know there are a lot of cool people here that get what I'm saying.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on November 29, 2015, 11:50:57 PM
Art routinely uses cliffhangers to get us to tune in or stay tuned in as any professional host would. At this point in his career I sincerely doubt he cooks anything ("cooking a story" means making one up for ratings in the dog eat dog radio business) Why would he need to? He has a ready made audience, stations that seek him out and he makes a little extra on the side and has some fun. We should be having fun as well, else spend 15 hours a week doing something else. If we find ourselves speculating and fighting each others speculations and turning that personal, that's just plain icky - nobody in their right mind wants to get into that.  A good rule of thumb: Don't say things about Art that you wouldn't say to his face or to anyone else on any subforum.  We're mostly very anonymous and its easy to lose the grip that behind each avatar there is a living breathing person (no dogs, as they don't type).  Call me a goody goody or a prude, I don't care - I know there are a lot of cool people here that get what I'm saying.
+1

albrecht

Quote from: Dyna-X on November 29, 2015, 11:50:57 PM
Q.E.D.  :)

morgana213

Quote from: zeebo on November 29, 2015, 11:41:39 PM
Art most of us just want you to have a fun time doing the show.  These distractions you're dealing with must be so aggravating.  Keep safe and know you've got a ton of support here.
+1 

norland2424

Quote from: Art Bell on November 29, 2015, 11:12:08 PM
I don't post as much because I am busy with the show. I have seen some people think I made that stuff up for ratings? Not funny, I did consider leaving because of it because it put a big stress on my
Family as well as myself but it also pissed me off. You don't get ratings because you miss a day or your so shaken that it's hard to concentrate. Ratings only come from doing a good show. Besides do people think I got all my Neighbors to give false statements to the Police? My opinion is people like to imagian the worst of people, that's all.

Art

Just stay safe out there and do whats best for you, and try not let us get to you here on bellgab.

WOTR

Quote from: Segundus on November 29, 2015, 05:00:25 PM
  It is EASY to like people at a distance.  I believe Art.  I would believe things that you say.  What do I have to lose?  If you asked for money maybe my trust in what you say would change, but for now, why should I NOT trust that you're telling me the truth?
That pretty much sums it up.  Noory has a history of being caught in lies- so I don't cut him much slack.  Art has broadcast various tidbits from his life for decades and I cannot recall him ever lying (or at least being caught in the tens of thousands of hours of recorded material.)  Everything from intimate stories (Ramona's death) to the crap with Oates to falling off his deck. 

When the biggest thing that you can point to as a lie is that "George gets it"- I kind of figure that he maybe deserves the benefit of the doubt- though that one was a "whopper".

***That last line is supposed to be read as a joke and not an accusation...

I'd say Art has overwhelming support here on BellGab. I don't think he needs to worry too much about it.

TigerLily

Did the trolls sneak back in over the weekend? Jazmunda was supposed to lock up. Okay. Hand me the disinfecant and C4 and I'll clean up. *sigh*  An Art's Tart's work is never done.

Art, there were only a few bored little malcontents with too much time on their hands and no Falkie to kick around. Back to your own threads you bad little boys or TigerLily will have to bring out the whips and chains again.

The other 99% wish you and your family the best and hope you are safe and having a chance to relax and enjoy your weekend

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 01:24:12 AM
Did the trolls sneak back in over the weekend? Jazmunda was supposed to lock up. Okay. Hand me the disinfecant and C4 and I'll clean up. *sigh*  An Art's Tart's work is never done.

Art, there were only a few bored little malcontents with too much time on their hands and no Falkie to kick around. Back to your own threads you bad little boys or TigerLily will have to bring out the whips and chains again.

The other 99% wish you and your family the best and hope you are safe and having a chance to relax and enjoy your weekend

Jesus Christ! Any descent isn't tolerated is it? Revert to 'repel all trolls and malcontents' mode. Hail Ceasar! 

Save the incoming.

If there was a 'how supine can you get' competition, there'd be a few contenders. No names, no pack drill.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 30, 2015, 01:34:42 AM
Jesus Christ! Any descent isn't tolerated is it? Revert to 'repel all trolls and malcontents' mode. Hail Ceasar! 

Save the incoming.

It's spelled/spelt dissent. And you're on an Art Bell fan forum shitting in his thread, what the fuck reaction did you expect you were going to get? Actually Pud, let me ask an entirely serious question. Have you ever actually listened to Art Bell? Are you even a fan? Do you have a multiple year history as a fan?

I'm told Falkie is posting in his thread again. Go there. You're needed.

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 30, 2015, 01:44:16 AM
It's spelled/spelt dissent. And you're on an Art Bell fan forum shitting in his thread, what the fuck reaction did you expect you were going to get? Actually Pud, let me ask an entirely serious question. Have you ever actually listened to Art Bell? Are you even a fan? Do you have a multiple year history as a fan?

I'm told Falkie is posting in his thread again. Go there. You're needed.
Thanks, Admiral.  My tongue was firmly in my cheek but my 4-inch stilettos were also firmly in his "arse"

There are really some stupid allegations being tossed out there. Art has given us no reason to think he is not in his right mind.

Only a sick twisted, as Noory would say, "low life" would make up a claim that there was an intruder on his property & threatening his family. Art has given us no reason to think he is that sort of person. Making statement like Art is making it up or playing it up for drama is akin to accusing him of being a real psycho. I really don't think Art is unstable and has given us no indication to think that.

The Davebots are trolling again.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 02:04:15 AM
Thanks, Admiral.  My tongue was firmly in my cheek but my 4-inch stilettos were also firmly in his "arse"

You're welcome, Five Star General of Art's Tarts. :)

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 30, 2015, 01:34:42 AM

Save the incoming.

If there was a 'how supine can you get' competition, there'd be a few contenders. No names, no pack drill.
Yeah, that did not seem like a fun little post at all.  Accusing Jaz of not locking up and threatening to bring out the whips and chains.  Seems like it is worth getting upset over.

BellBoy

I (mostly) stayed out of this whole brouhaha, this weekend, for a reason. I knew it would turn ugly.

I don't normally do the whole "bible thing" but this comes to mind...

TigerLily

Quote from: WOTR on November 30, 2015, 02:12:45 AM
Yeah, that did not seem like a fun little post at all.  Accusing Jaz of not locking up and threatening to bring out the whips and chains.  Seems like it is worth getting upset over.
;D *kisses*

TigerLily

Quote from: BellBoy on November 30, 2015, 02:20:34 AM
I (mostly) stayed out of this whole brouhaha, this weekend, for a reason. I knew it would turn ugly.

I don't normally do the whole "bible thing" but this comes to mind...

Being a Pagan, I thank you for the sheep's blood. Will be put to good use in my next hex

BellBoy

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 02:24:54 AM
Being a Pagan, I thank you for the sheep's blood. Will be put to good use in my next hex

Being a true heathen, you're welcome. I wish you well with your magical thinking.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2015, 02:04:15 AM

Only four? Pah.

Art Bell

It comes with what I do I learned that a long time ago, people think and say the worst things, for the most part that's all they do from behind a mask is talk or make phone threats. It's that other very small group that one must worry about, people who talk rarely DO. A phone threat can be blown off easily but shooting near my House or showing up on my property is something else again, that at the very least is Terrorism.

Anybody who wishes will find the reports at the Nye County Sherrif's office, including the Neighbors who saw it. The way to get ratings is with a good show, not some stupid stunt. As far as talking about it I have always talked about my life on the air, I don't think I could not do that. Ho hum, people will always think and say what they want.

Art

TigerLily

Quote from: BellBoy on November 30, 2015, 02:28:34 AM
Being a true heathen, you're welcome. I wish you well with your magical thinking.  ;)
I know I'm not supposed to bring up Noory here. But one time a scientist on his show accused him of magical thinking and Noory thought it was a compliment. True story

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on November 30, 2015, 02:35:55 AM
It comes with what I do I learned that a long time ago, people think and say the worst things, for the most part that's all they do from behind a mask is talk or make phone threats. It's that other very small group that one must worry about, people who talk rarely DO. A phone threat can be blown off easily but shooting near my House or showing up on my property is something else again, that at the very least is Terrorism.

Anybody who wishes will find the reports at the Nye County Sherrif's office, including the Neighbors who saw it. The way to get ratings is with a good show, not some stupid stunt. As far as talking about it I have always talked about my life on the air, I don't think I could not do that. Ho hum, people will always think and say what they want.

Art

Art, please, just keep being you. That is why we listen.

coaster

It's pretty damn stupid to say it was done for ratings. Some people are not that bright.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Art Bell on November 30, 2015, 02:35:55 AM

Art

Stay safe and I hope they find out who it is ASAP...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 30, 2015, 02:05:15 AM
There are really some stupid allegations being tossed out there. Art has given us no reason to think he is not in his right mind.

Only a sick twisted, as Noory would say, "low life" would make up a claim that there was an intruder on his property & threatening his family. Art has given us no reason to think he is that sort of person. Making statement like Art is making it up or playing it up for drama is akin to accusing him of being a real psycho. I really don't think Art is unstable and has given us no indication to think that.

The Davebots are trolling again.

There's an unsaid rule of thumb with broadcasting, especially those who broadcast stories or news. Don't become the story. It's been the downfall of several very good radio/tv hosts/dj's.

In my humble opinion, AB should have said nothing. That way it neither draws attention (good or bad), and doesn't leave him open to criticism. He has become the story now because whatever he talks about and with whichever guests, it will always return to how is he sorting his personal life out.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: coaster on November 30, 2015, 02:41:35 AM
It's pretty damn stupid to say it was done for ratings. Some people are not that bright.

I for one didn't suggest that. I suggested it might be a way out.

TigerLily

Hi Art. So good to see your posts but pains me to think we are adding to your distress. Ignore the little minds here that are all talk.  I hope you are staying safe and the authorities can do something about your situation.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 30, 2015, 02:42:30 AM
There's an unsaid rule of thumb with broadcasting, especially those who broadcast stories or news. Don't become the story. It's been the downfall of several very good radio/tv hosts/dj's.

In my humble opinion, AB should have said nothing. That way it neither draws attention (good or bad), and doesn't leave him open to criticism. He has become the story now because whatever he talks about and with whichever guests, it will always return to how is he sorting his personal life out.

Jesus, just go back to fucking with Falkie will you? You are not being constructive here.