• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: themudking on November 22, 2015, 01:52:16 PM
My agent, Mr. Senda said that since I have uploaded a YouTube video with that name I am fully covered.  He once was offered a job by Bill Gates and was well know by many personalities in and around the Bay Area so I trust him on this one.  Still waiting to hear back from my lawyer L.Chris whether the DMDN contract is acceptable for me to sign.

He he

chefist

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 22, 2015, 01:33:48 PM
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I'm definitely not a fan, but I realize I am in the minority.

I liked it at first...but she has become more robotic...I guess if it appeals to the majority and makes Art's show more popular... I'm good with that...but I'm tuning the news out right now...

Rix Gins

Quote from: chefist on November 22, 2015, 01:58:15 PM
I liked it at first...but she has become more robotic...I guess if it appeals to the majority and makes Art's show more popular... I'm good with that...but I'm tuning the news out right now...

Same here.  She's beginning to sound like the lady that comes on my tablet to say that there was an earthquake in Outer Mongolia.

smithy

Quote from: chefist on November 22, 2015, 01:58:15 PM

I wish I could say that I ever liked her style but I didn't care for Ashcraft either so it's nothing against her. The minute I hear her voice I rip off my headphone or find the mute button. The first time I heard her delivery on this program was enough. I don't mind it, however. It provides a break time.

phrodo

Quote from: smithy on November 22, 2015, 05:21:20 PM
I wish I could say that I ever liked her style but I didn't care for Ashcraft either so it's nothing against her. The minute I hear her voice I rip off my headphone or find the mute button. The first time I heard her delivery on this program was enough. I don't mind it, however. It provides a break time.

At least Lieo's voice was bearable -- even though many had issues with his pronunciation problems. Amy is like fingernails on a chalkboard muffled under a pillow. Her audio is always cranked to 11 and her awkward delivery's inflections are becoming more and more unbearable. Seems each night she has a different awkward inflection to inflict upon us. She is consistently inconsistent.

Quote from: phrodo on November 22, 2015, 09:58:51 PM
At least Lieo's voice was bearable -- even though many had issues with his pronunciation problems. Amy is like fingernails on a chalkboard muffled under a pillow. Her audio is always cranked to 11 and her awkward delivery's inflections are becoming more and more unbearable. Seems each night she has a different awkward inflection to inflict upon us. She is consistently inconsistent.

People would complain whoever is doing the news. To me it makes no difference. I really could take the DM news or leave it. They could just as well turn it into ads for all I care or leave it the way it is.

NO ONE tunes into the program to listen to the news segment.

jazmunda

Monday Night's Guest: Michio Kaku: Science and Stuff

http://artbell.com/michio-kaku/

QuoteWebsite: http://mkaku.org

Dr. Michio Kaku co-founded the String Field Theory and is a theoretical physicist, bestselling author, acclaimed public speaker, renowned futurist, and popularizer of science. Dr. Kaku continues Einstein’s search for a “Theory of Everything,” seeking to unify the four fundamental forces of the universe: the strong force, the weak force, gravity and electromagnetism.

Dr. Kaku is the author of several Ph.D. level textbooks and has had more than 70 articles published in physics journals, covering topics such as superstring theory, supergravity, supersymmetry, and hadronic physics. He has starred in science programs on Discovery, Science Channel, BBC, ABC, and the History Channel. Dr. Kaku hosts Science Fantastic and Explorations in Science, two weekly radio programs heard on stations around the country and podcast around the world.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on November 23, 2015, 01:56:08 AM
Monday Night's Guest: Michio Kaku: Science and Stuff

Looking forward to this! 

Art Bell

In my Years doing this show the guy on Friday night who said with regard to Nuclear War "I would try to get directly under a incoming middle and call for a fair catch" nearly knocked me out.

Art

Mild Bill

Quote from: Art Bell on November 23, 2015, 03:15:42 AM
In my years doing this show the guy on Friday night who said with regard to Nuclear War "I would try to get directly under an incoming middle missile and call for a fair catch" nearly knocked me out.

Art

FIFY

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 23, 2015, 12:17:04 AM
People would complain whoever is doing the news. To me it makes no difference. I really could take the DM news or leave it. They could just as well turn it into ads for all I care or leave it the way it is.

NO ONE tunes into the program to listen to the news segment.

I think they should read alien-inspired poetry.

In my Years doing this show the guy on Friday night who said with regard to Nuclear War "I would try to get directly under a incoming middle and call for a fair catch" nearly knocked me out.

Art

Was it Cole Beasley?

CornyCrow

I think Amy is a lot more professional than was Leo.  I would like more strange and odd news, though.  It sometimes sounds as though she's trying out for a network gig. 

jazmunda

Quote from: Segundus on November 23, 2015, 07:21:27 AM
I would like more strange and odd news, though.

I imagine there's only so much current strange and odd news to fill 3 segments five nights a week. Having said that she can always fall back on sciencey stuff rather than the straight up news of the day. Sites like "I Fucking Love Science" have lots of science news daily that can be pulled from.

CornyCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on November 23, 2015, 07:41:11 AM
I imagine there's only so much current strange and odd news to fill 3 segments five nights a week. Having said that she can always fall back on sciencey stuff rather than the straight up news of the day. Sites like "I Fucking Love Science" have lots of science news daily that can be pulled from.
Yeah.  I'd like that.  I just prefer to get away from the same old news that I hear all during the day unless there is new information or a new slant on it.

cweb

Could always do more "today in paranormal history" stuff. Or maybe a "cryptid of the week." Just spreading the folklore out a bit more and filling out time where the paranormal stuff gets slow.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: themudking on November 22, 2015, 01:52:16 PM
My agent, Mr. Senda said that since I have uploaded a YouTube video with that name I am fully covered.  He once was offered a job by Bill Gates and was well know by many personalities in and around the Bay Area so I trust him on this one.  Still waiting to hear back from my lawyer L.Chris whether the DMDN contract is acceptable for me to sign.
Muddy you can do better. LOL

with tonight's guest, hoping for a return to the days of 30 page live threads.

come join the murder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rykzxxcsRM

scottydawg

Yay! :D Hooray! ;) Obi wan Kaku will be on tonight! The Top Secret XR-75 made it thru Darth Noory's crumbling Empire Defenses!
The Rebel Troops are setting up the celebration, Art Solo is firing up the super colossal Transceivers to broadcast Planetwide.
Queen Airyn and Princess Asia haven't seen General Solo so happy in months.
And deep in his desert cave Chewhoagie will be listening and cackling with glee knowing Dork Tommy is grumbling in the Jorch Pad! 

ItsOver

Art
Even though the original source is apparently disputed, a full nuclear exchange would indeed present a situation where "the living will envy the dead" so I can understand the guy's comment.

http://youtu.be/ir9Q7gzOoz8

LeslieV

Art

Hey Art, I was in one of those known ground zero underground places and we all kept a bottle of hooch in the desk drawer.  We knew that when the warning was given we had maybe 15-minutes so might as well let the atoms go out happy!   :) ;)

ziznak

I don't mind Amy.  I think she sounds a bit robotic to most people on the planet but she's probly perfect if you are broadcasting to a worldwide audience who may not be all that great at hearing the English language spoken.

ziznak

in regards to the nuclear war "fair catch" I can totally agree with that guy.  I'd rather be vaporized quickly and efficiently rather than burnt to a crisp or suffer death by radiation poisoning.

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on November 23, 2015, 04:03:15 PM
in regards to the nuclear war "fair catch" I can totally agree with that guy.  I'd rather be vaporized quickly and efficiently rather than burnt to a crisp or suffer death by radiation poisoning.
I know Pelligrino got some heat for some inaccuracies but read something such as "Last Train from Hiroshima" and I'd think being instantly vaporized would be preferable.  Hell, that was just a dinky nuke compared to today's arsenal.  Throw a nuclear winter in for the forseeable future and it's game over anyway.  Push the reset button.  Hello dinosaurs, goodbye Earth. 

DebbyS

Art

Please ask him about what's happening at Fukushima and why it is still happening. You can add Hanford, the landfill outside of St. Louis, and any other similar toxic places he may want to comment on. It might help wake people up.

Mastodonkey

Amy sounds like she should apply to be the female microsoft text-to-speech voice alongside microsoft Sam.

Anywho, I'll be listening live tonight. hoping for a great one

jazmunda

Art Bell and Cynthia Larson discuss Reality Shifting and The Mandela Effect on Midnight In The Desert

https://youtu.be/WD02MPY8HfE