• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Yorkshire pud

This is T 3 which is mainly BA and shuttle flights within the UK.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on July 04, 2019, 07:11:21 PM
I’m getting bored, maybe I should send Erin another PM.

She'll lift your spirits?

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 07:12:37 PM

She'll lift your spirits?
I actually sent her a PM with some honest concern.  She promptly posted it on YT. I had a go at the idiots in her chat complaining I wasn’t sincere. She then shut down her YT channel for the umpteenth time before she arose from the ashes to be reborn again.  So much for trying to be nice.  I don’t think she really understood that no one could see what I sent until it was in her video.   :o. I talked about an experience I had with a family member.  It was nice of her to share with her YT family.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on July 04, 2019, 07:16:08 PM
I actually sent her a PM with some honest concern.  She promptly posted it on YT. I had a go at the idiots in her chat complaining I wasn’t sincere. She then shut down her YT channel for the umpteenth time before she arose from the ashes to be reborn again.  So much for trying to be nice.  I don’t think she really understood that no one could see what I sent until it was in her video.   :o

Concerned about your delayed flight?

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 07:18:02 PM

Concerned about your delayed flight?
No,  this was several days ago and I pointed out some behaviors I have encountered before.  Well, one of my three checked bags made it to Manchester on my original flight that the airline moved me from.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on July 04, 2019, 07:21:19 PM
No,  this was several days ago and I pointed out some behaviors I have encountered before.  Well, one of my three checked bags made it to Manchester on my original flight that the airline moved me from.

That gives an opportunity for the other two to get lost in transit though.

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 07:26:01 PM

That gives an opportunity for the other two to get lost in transit though.
Hopefully they’ll be on the same plane as me.  I’m more worried about the first one being locked up in an office with no one to open it up at 1:00AM. :'(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on July 04, 2019, 07:27:51 PM
Hopefully they’ll be on the same plane as me.  I’m more worried about the first one being locked up in an office with no one to open it up at 1:00AM. :'(

There is that chance of course. Clearly if that does happen you can use your oft rehearsed "Don't you know who I AM!!!"

whoozit

They gave us free snacks and drinks and will be letting us on the plane shortly.

Asuka Langley

Asian Andy is putting on a much better 4th of July show than Trump, Sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8iMaVxgppQ

AZZERAE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 06:31:09 PM
I've flown in a 747 once and a A380 four times.

I've highjacked a plane and flown it into a house.

SredniVashtar

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/790087/sex-robot-brothels-androids-teledildonics-video

O, brave new world that has such people in it!

When I got up this morning I had never heard of teledildonic suits.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 02:32:44 PM
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/790087/sex-robot-brothels-androids-teledildonics-video

O, brave new world that has such people in it!

When I got up this morning I had never heard of teledildonic suits.

That is less problematic than us knowing you read the Daily Star. Explain.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 02:36:51 PM

That is less problematic than us knowing you read the Daily Star. Explain.

It has an excellent dog racing section. I had a pony on Speckled Jim for the 7.30 at Walthamstow and I wanted to know how it got on, innit!

Taaroa

Yikes. I like videogames, but this is a tad excessive.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/07/06/father-son-all-teen-bid-for-esports-stardom/EhZCdGUDYouhT2DEkilhCL/story.html

Some choice quotes:

As Dave puts it, “I’ve been breeding him for this.”

[...]

Earlier this year, when Jordan’s mother attempted to schedule a tennis outing with her son, Dave quickly nixed the idea. “I won’t allow it,” he says. “Maybe after the World Cup. But he could get hurt, fall, injure his wrist . . .” Dave says that all of this is Jordan’s choice, that he’s merely doing what he can to facilitate his son’s dream.

[...]

His son’s recent success, then, has served as a kind of validation, a development he has been happy to toss into the faces of anyone who doubts him. To the parents who think it’s terrible to let his child play 10 hours of video games a day: “I think it’s terrible to let your kid play football.” To the teachers who pushed his son to give up game controllers in favor of reading: “My son learns more from video games than people learn from books.” And to a school that, he says, felt better equipped than him to decide his son’s future, he also has something to say. Shortly after Jordan qualified for the Fortnite World Cup earlier this spring, Dave says, he fired off an e-mail to a counselor at his son’s former school, informing her of the accomplishment while providing an accounting of the money his son stood to make in the coming months.
Really appreciate your concern for my son’s well-being, he recalls writing. but Jordan’s doing just fine.

[...]

One afternoon, Jordan was asked whether he thought other kids were jealous of his life â€" staying home from school, sleeping late, spending all night playing video games.
“Not reallyâ€"” he started to say. Suddenly, Dave appeared in the doorway. “I can answer that,” he said. “They’re definitely jealous. “How could you not be?”

Jojo

Watching very old sit coms.  Gracie, Joey.  Never seen them before.  Lotsa fun.

Jojo

This channel, SFM, plays Morse code when the SFM logo is displayed.  Does anyone know what the Morse code says?  It doesn't sound like an s and f and m.

Jojo

My ZTE phone has a suspicious reflective disk, like a lens, on the side of the phone that faces the user.  I never wd have noticed it, if the light at night hadn't caught it just so, and reflected.  It is under the resin a little ways from the cam.  Spying?

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 06:05:03 AM
Does anyone know what the Morse code says?  It doesn't sound like an s and f and m.
It's SFM

Jojo

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 05:20:26 AM
Watching very old sit coms.  Gracie, Joey.  Never seen them before.  Lotsa fun.
These were great.  George Noory says old shows wouldn't make it nowadays, but I was laughing the whole time.  They were great.  It was nice to see a world where families had adult members that stayed home and kept the household running.  Father Knows Best was okay, although a little annoying.  Too bad all the main female characters all night long looked anorexic, though.  And one's character, a rail thin young student, refused toast at breakfast, claiming she was gaining weight.  That was sad.  And it was a thread through all the oldie sitcoms, even the military one.  Anyhow, a hilarious set of binge shows.

Jojo

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 02:24:18 PM
You heard it?  So, ...  ..-.  --  ?  Well, okay.
Alright, well, a night of oldie sitcoms plus a dash of Morse Code.  Does it get any better that that!

Quote from: Sixteen on July 10, 2019, 06:05:03 AM
This channel, SFM, plays Morse code when the SFM logo is displayed.  Does anyone know what the Morse code says?  It doesn't sound like an s and f and m.
https://morsecode.scphillips.com/morse2.html

Damn - Missed it.  >:(

The Heavy Metal Knitting, World Championship.

(Heh, heh, heh)     :o

https://heavymetalknitting.fi/en/

Jojo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on July 12, 2019, 01:04:05 PM
https://morsecode.scphillips.com/morse2.html
The lack of uniform standardized pauses between characters drives me crazy and evidently I hear it has made Morse Code difficult because each operator has their own style and until you listen enough to each operator, it's hard to catch on.  For instance ---  ..-.   could also sound like --  -.  .-.  because that's the same strokes with different timing or no timing inbetween.  So, S F  could sound like  M N R if timing isn't consistent.

Jojo

If the grid goes down and there is no power, communication can be done with solar panels and short wave.  Leaving me wondering why every corporation and government entity doesn't include this is their tech support department.  Seems basic.

I mean, it's nice the amateur radio clubs want to be heros when the grid goes down.  And the military is probably set up.  But everyone else needs to step up. 

Insurance companies don't give me more than 30 day supply of rx, and I can't refill it until I'm down to the wire.  What if the grid goes down then?  Well, pharmacies would probably start running, but how would I get there?  And, what if I got there and it WASN'T stocked? Everyone or every neighborhood should have organized s/w radio for emergencies.  We have have Internet, why not all have something more reliable, too?  It would be nice to be able to call the pharmacy on the radio or hear their broadcast so as to know when to start the 5 mile walk or bike ride.

pate

Once upon a thyme, there were two countries that were very similar, yet at the same thyme polar opposites of one another. 

You see, one country, before making momentous decisions felt it was best to first discuss and debate the idea while drunk, then later discuss and debate the idea while sober.  If the decision seemed sound both drunk and sober then they would do the thing. 

The other country felt it was best to first discuss and debate the idea while sober, then later discuss and debate the idea while drunk.  If the decision reached was the same at both levels of sobriety then it was carried out.

It came to pass that the two countries eventually met one another, it is lost to antiquity weather or nautical this meeting was on land or water.  The funny think is that they eventually went to war over the order in which they made sober and inebriated decisions.

I am too drunk right now to remember who one.  I leave open to speculation whether it willhaven be tomorrow or yesterday when I am to sober to care who lost...

ediotL:  when I remember the song that was appropriate, I will post it in the apropos palace.

Jojo

Quote from: pate on July 12, 2019, 11:00:21 PM
Once upon a thyme, there were two countries that were very similar, yet at the same thyme polar opposites of one another. 

You see, one country, before making momentous decisions felt it was best to first discuss and debate the idea while drunk, then later discuss and debate the idea while sober.  If the decision seemed sound both drunk and sober then they would do the thing. 

The other country felt it was best to first discuss and debate the idea while sober, then later discuss and debate the idea while drunk.  If the decision reached was the same at both levels of sobriety then it was carried out.

It came to pass that the two countries eventually met one another, it is lost to antiquity weather or nautical this meeting was on land or water.  The funny think is that they eventually went to war over the order in which they made sober and inebriated decisions.

I am too drunk right now to remember who one.  I leave open to speculation whether it willhaven be tomorrow or yesterday when I am to sober to care who lost...

ediotL:  when I remember the song that was appropriate, I will post it in the apropos palace.
I vote for impaired first, sober last.  Ends on a sane note.

Damn - doing too much at once.
I wanted to post this this morning.
It's still not too late

SMILE EVERYONE ! ! !
Today is National French Fry Day.    :)
Free Fries !

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/national-french-fry-day-deals-2019        :-*