• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

ksm32

Quote from: albrecht on May 17, 2019, 06:47:17 PM
When late night television was funny. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qofdWFv7m0U
Amen to that.

Back in 2015 I went on a Carson kick and bought every Tonight Show box set I could find. Of course you can't find the entire library but there is a lot of great DVD stuff out there. One of the sets I bought allowed one to watch the episodes with or without the original commercials from the original broadcast date. Yes, even the chuckwagon and the DOG!!

albrecht

Quote from: ksm32 on May 17, 2019, 06:54:23 PM
Amen to that.

Back in 2015 I went on a Carson kick and bought every Tonight Show box set I could find. Of course you can't find the entire library but there is a lot of great DVD stuff out there. One of the sets I bought allowed one to watch the episodes with or without the original commercials from the original broadcast date. Yes, even the chuckwagon and the DOG!!
Ha, nice!

The problem is people are so easily 'offended' and unwilling to laugh at themselves, laugh at someone else, etc. And everything needs to be political but not the funny satire politicial. Nixon went on Laugh-In! Can you imagine anyone telling that joke about Rickles and the tall NAZI on tv these days? And everyone laughed. Because it was friggin' funny- then and now.

Supposedly, since Hollywood has no new ideas, they are going to remake "All In The Family." Will be appalling, likely, because comedy is no longer allowed- lest we offend.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on May 17, 2019, 07:05:04 PM
since Hollywood has no new ideas, they are going to remake "All In The Family." Will be appalling, likely, because comedy is no longer allowed- lest we offend.

I heard they're doing a shot-for-shot re-enactment of four scripts. "Rebooting" the series seems like it would be not really be possible to do.

ksm32

Ha, nice!

Supposedly, since Hollywood has no new ideas, they are going to remake "All In The Family." Will be appalling, likely, because comedy is no longer allowed- lest we offend.

Eighteen dollars and a ham sandwich says it'll be All In The Gender Confused Family. Or a unreasonable lefty dream facsimile there of.  'Lest We Offend"

Lets' Offend!!!

albrecht

Quote from: ksm32 on May 17, 2019, 07:34:45 PM
Eighteen dollars and a ham sandwich says it'll be All In The Gender Confused Family. Or a unreasonable lefty dream facsimile there of.  'Lest We Offend"

Lets' Offend!!!

Yes! But let's do it in a way that ia funny, clever, or unique and take on targets verboten these days instead of only the Hollywood trope of middle-age white dads. Basically the only group left that.can still in the modern era be "made fun of." And interesting that they the "target" of the programming. There is a reason they call it programming; and agendas. Why movies n tv sometimes lose money but still get made and shown? Not ALL about tax write-offs and expensing stuff through comoanies.

Jojo

Ha, nice!

The problem is people are so easily 'offended' and unwilling to laugh at themselves, laugh at someone else, etc. And everything needs to be political but not the funny satire politicial. Nixon went on Laugh-In! Can you imagine anyone telling that joke about Rickles and the tall NAZI on tv these days? And everyone laughed. Because it was friggin' funny- then and now.

Big Bang Theory seemed to do okay for a long time, & I'm sure they offended a lot of conservatives.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 15, 2019, 06:19:44 PM
BBC or someone did a story on this decades ago. Apparently nothing to see here but deevolution, odd congruence of some bad genes, and inbreeding. Or even, more sensationally, claims of a "missing link." But now there are some other theories. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_That_Walks_on_All_Fours
I am 99% positive it had to have been a spoof!  You can practically see numerous actors holding back from cracking up laughing.  All throughout.  And the scientists sitting around a table actually did not say one meaningful thing.  And one of the speakers sitting at a desk also seemed to say nothing meaningful.  He said, "Sure, I'd love to see them.  But, it wouldn't be ethical."  Which didn't really have anything to do with anything - it was just said for tone, but even he seemed on the verge of bursting into laughter. 

Okay, so if you fell for it then there really was no tip-off about it being a spoof.  That makes me feel better, because I didn't see a tip-off.  Kind of like the Zombie cult books at the library - there is not real proof it's fake until you get to the last page!

But one thing for sure, when they positioned the girl in the walker, she herself picked herself up and walked into it.  And when the guy got off the bus, he sort of did the same thing.

I think if people really had a gene that made them walk on all fours, the knees would be involved.  I mean, think about it, with their backs THAT humped, and not being able to stand, they would need help getting dressed.  The spoofumentary didn't even explain if they could sit, like on a toilet.

This caught my eye because in care giving, I know patients would have a better quality of life if their beds would lower all the way down to the floor, so they could crawl a little.  It is more independence for them - to have access to move themselves to sit in front of a low table with all their stuff on it.  Patients who can have their own areas with their own supplies are much happier than those who just languish or have to make a request whenever they want something.  Crawling on all fours is not a bad idea for people at times.  I've done it a few times, after a foot break and to get out of bed when my back was out real bad.

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on May 13, 2019, 07:42:25 AM
DOG FOR SALE: Dead. Covered in stab wounds. No paws. Wouldn't shut the fuck up.
Azzerae, did you post this?  Where did you get the original image?  When I do a reverse image search, nothing comes up.  Was this a first-hand photo that you created?  Would you please change your avatar?  If it is what you posted, then it's reprehensibly obscene.  When people were growing up in the 90s and 2000s, there was a government advertising trend based on severely graphic images, trying to get young people to stop smoking or doing drugs.  But, it seems to have created a backfire at times.

AZZERAE

Quote from: 14 on May 19, 2019, 02:29:37 PM
"DOG FOR SALE: Dead. Covered in stab wounds. No paws. Wouldn't shut the fuck up."

Azzerae, did you post this?

I did.

Quote from: 14 on May 19, 2019, 02:29:37 PM
Would you please change your avatar?

Unfortunately not. I firmly believe in the right to express oneself, perhaps to a fault.

While I'm respectfully not prepared to answer all your other questions, in your heart, just know, I don't inflict physical harm on any living thing - without provocation or threat of death - nor do I intend to. However, we should be free to use our language or artistic panache to do what we wish (that includes offend, at times).

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on May 20, 2019, 02:50:03 AM
I did.

Unfortunately not. I firmly believe in the right to express oneself, perhaps to a fault.

While I'm respectfully not prepared to answer all your other questions, in your heart, just know, I don't inflict physical harm on anyone, nor do I intend to. However, we should be free to use our language or artistic panache to do what we wish (that includes offend, at times).
Nobody stood up for you when you were abused.  So now you make people stand up, and walk away from you all over again.  That's really not fair to you or us.  Plus, you are opening yourself up to liability, since your self-expression appears to indicate you committed a felonious act, whether true or not.  If you want to do literary art here, then start a prose thread, or at least label your work ("poem"), or give your work a title.  Sometimes people here use different spacing or lines to indicate their work is art, too.

The description and image inflict trauma on me and anyone else who is sensitive or who has rescued animals, been in FEMA disasters, survived horrible abuse, had to watch someone die of horrible abuse, been a first responder, worked in ER, fought on a battle field, lost a loved one under horrible circumstances or combinations of such.  Have some respect.

AZZERAE

The aforementioned was a random, stupid thing on my mind. So I posted it.

Quote from: 14 on May 20, 2019, 03:27:30 AM
Nobody stood up for you when you were abused. So now you make people stand up, and walk away from you all over again. That's really not fair to you or us.

"And when we were good
You just closed your eyes
So when we are bad
We'll scar your minds"

- The Fight Song

[Y]ou are opening yourself up to liability, since your self-expression appears to indicate you committed a felonious act, whether true or not.  If you want to do literary art here, then start a prose thread, or at least label your work ("poem"), or give your work a title.  Sometimes people here use different spacing or lines to indicate their work is art, too.

TRIGGER WARNING! Hypothetical:

If I were actually into torturing animals, I don't think I'd hurry online to publish said act ... I'd probably keep that kinda thing to myself.

The description and image inflict trauma on me and anyone else who is sensitive or who has rescued animals, been in FEMA disasters, survived horrible abuse, had to watch someone die of horrible abuse, been a first responder, worked in ER, fought on a battle field, lost a loved one under horrible circumstances or combinations of such. Have some respect.

For the record, I'm an animal lover. That being said, I have no qualms about slaughtering livestock for sustenance. Minimizing any amount of prolonged suffering associated with the act has, and always will, be a priority to me.

In any case, I think you're being dramatic. I've apologized to you before, but I'm not about to change my avatar because it isn't to your liking. Believe it or not, that does pain me, but its the principle that matters here.

I respect you as much as I can a stranger - on the internet.

Don't push so hard, this isn't EllGab.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Azzerae on May 20, 2019, 04:14:50 AM

"And when we were good
So when we are bad
We'll scar your minds"

TRIGGER WARNING Hypothetical:

If I were actually into torturing animals, I don't think I'd hurry online to publish said act ... I'd probably keep that kinda thing to myself.

For the record, I'm an animal lover. That being said, I have no qualms about slaughtering livestock for sustenance. Minimizing any amount of prolonged suffering associated with the act has, and always will, be a priority to me.

In any case, I think you're being dramatic. I've apologized to you before, but I'm not about to change my avatar because it isn't to your liking. Believe it or not, that does pain me, but its the principle that matters here.

It's an indicator of sick ideation.  Making light of torturing and killing animals is by no means normal. Get help. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 20, 2019, 09:27:06 AM
It's an indicator of sick ideation.  Making light of torturing and killing animals is by no means normal. Get help.

I hope, at his next rally, Trump does ten minutes about buggering a horse, just so we can hear you explain why you'll still vote for him.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Azzerae on May 20, 2019, 02:50:03 AMI firmly believe in the right to express oneself, perhaps to a fault.

While I'm respectfully not prepared to answer all your other questions, in your heart, just know, I don't inflict physical harm on any living thing - without provocation or threat of death - nor do I intend to. However, we should be free to use our language or artistic panache to do what we wish (that includes offend, at times).

Yelling 'fire' in the crowded theatre . . . .
Get some help pal . . . you're a sick puppy.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 20, 2019, 09:36:16 AM
I hope, at his next rally, Trump does ten minutes about buggering a horse, just so we can hear you explain why you'll still vote for him.

Ever see a stallion jump a mare.  Any pretension to horse buggery on Trump's part would be way over the top even for him.  Sheep, goats, etc., maybe, but a horse is definitely a bridge too far in terms of scale. 

SredniVashtar

Let's have a bit less of the recreational outrage. It's just words on a screen. Anyone ever looked into the Huckabee family history? One of the sons got sacked as a camp counsellor for torturing a dog to death, yet the father goes around pontificating about the lives of other people.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 20, 2019, 10:29:08 AM
Let's have a bit less of the recreational outrage. It's just words on a screen. Anyone ever looked into the Huckabee family history? One of the sons got sacked as a camp counsellor for torturing a dog to death, yet the father goes around pontificating about the lives of other people.

When Huckabee's son posts something on BG akin to what Azaerae posted I'll be on his ass too.  And you're no one to point out another's recreational outrage.  You go there early, often and to the extreme.  . 

AZZERAE

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 20, 2019, 10:54:32 AM
When Huckabee's son posts something on BG akin to what Azaerae posted I'll be on his ass too.  And you're no one to point out another's recreational outrage.  You go there early, often and to the extreme.  . 

It's just my Muslim temperament surfacing again. You infidels don't realise that when we threaten to strangle someone with their own guts it's only our way of wishing them a good day.

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on May 20, 2019, 04:14:50 AM

"And when we were good
So when we are bad
We'll scar your minds"

- The Fight Song

TRIGGER WARNING! Hypothetical:

"Isn't to my liking"???  Azzerae, certain shades of paint are "not to my liking".  Certain foods are "not to my liking".  Certain exercises are "not to my liking".  Even certain flowers are "not to my liking".  But ANIMAL ABUSE???  No one accept it.  It's not about liking or not liking, it's about right and wrong, isn't it?

I don't intend to push you to change your avatar or do anything.  Although I'm not sure this post exchange is complete yet.  I am all for personal liberties, barring abuse or neglect.  ??