A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

valdez

Quote from: UFO Fill on February 10, 2013, 01:20:28 AM
...He laughed at himself rather than call us haters.  That, in itself, is an improvement.

I agree.  And after five nights of Noory my brain gets kind of numb, and just listening to Wells ramble on about whatever seems to loosen up the synapses.  He reported that truther Phillip Marshall had shot his kids, his dog, and himself this week.  Wells did a show with him almost a year ago exactly.  My review of him wasn't very nice back then.  I hope the souls of his children find peace, as well as the dog, and I don't know what happens to the souls of murderers in the after life, but I hope it's just and right and painful.  Wells hinted at a possible conspiracy.  I suppose he can't help himself.  I heard little of what David Houle had to say because of a lot of static on all my presets.  I seriously need to think about satellite radio, but I just checked out the XMSirus whatever website and its a confusing mess.  I couldn't even confirm if they carry c2c.  I'm sure they do, but I'm really wary of folks with crappy websites.

Macaila and Alex Marshall,
and an incomprehensible darkness

Quote from: valdez on February 10, 2013, 07:41:20 AM

I seriously need to think about satellite radio, but I just checked out the XMSirus whatever website and its a confusing mess.  I couldn't even confirm if they carry c2c.  I'm sure they do, but I'm really wary of folks with crappy websites.

Yes, they do carry it.  But not on the "cheap" option.  Mine expires this month and I'm not going to renew.  They follow the cable TV business plan.
>:(

b_dubb

recently JB Wells seems like he's entered into some contest to see who can be the biggest dick in the world.  he's doing a pretty good job as he's a huge prick.  jb wells - huge prick / tiny penis

slipstream

Quote from: Treading Water on February 10, 2013, 03:35:10 PM

Yes, they do carry it.  But not on the "cheap" option.  Mine expires this month and I'm not going to renew.  They follow the cable TV business plan.

I looked into satellite radio for about 5 mins about 2 years ago.  Unless you're on the road a lot, I don't think it is worth it.  With all the stuff that is streamed over the Internet it becomes redundant.

Sardondi

Quote from: slipstream on February 11, 2013, 02:45:12 PM

I looked into satellite radio for about 5 mins about 2 years ago.  Unless you're on the road a lot, I don't think it is worth it.  With all the stuff that is streamed over the Internet it becomes redundant.

Exactly. Satellite Radio = The Sound of Outside Sales

Dex

Quote from: wisconsinguy on February 03, 2013, 01:19:45 AM
Wells has a deep voice which can be misleading.  If you actually listen, he's even dumber than George Noory, if you can believe it.

Two of Wells' hits:
   "Anything else?"
   "We have plenty of time so you can just take it away."

Now THAT'S great radio!

Another Wells trick is to comment completely off topic.  Something like, "Well maybe bigfoot is a multidimensional being, but what about Obama?  Is he really a communist, or just a Nazi?"
Exactly.  Sad+Lazy=Fraud

Artsy

Quote from: Dex on February 13, 2013, 06:07:09 AM
Exactly.  Sad+Lazy=Fraud
He absolutely can't stand up for himself.  Half of the time he annoys me because he just does not have any intelligent comebacks and the rest of the time I'm just waiting for him to say something, between the "hmmmmmmmm, welllllllllll, maybeeeee," and those questions he asks himself!  Like, "I don't know, is it?  Maybeeee, well see, now go make a proper cup of tea." 

I'm like, yeah let me pour another glass of alcohol to finish this ride.

Don't know how he'd be a fraud unless he is trying to hide who he really is.  And really, who is he?  I've never researched him or perhaps when I once tried there wasn't much, like when he first became part of the Shitty Coast, which IS full of fraud.

Artsy

Here's what I really, really miss...

"Frommmmmm the high desert....."

slipstream

Quote from: Artsy on February 13, 2013, 12:59:08 PM
Here's what I really, really miss...

"Frommmmmm the high desert....."

End of an era, get over it.

Artsy

It's more like, "frommm the higggghhh desert...."  You are so missed dear Art.

BigDave

Quote from: Artsy on February 14, 2013, 05:30:31 PM
It's more like, "frommm the higggghhh desert...."  You are so missed dear Art.

Art could make you feel like you were going on a trip to the unknown on C2C! I especially enjoyed Dreamland. I lost a hell of a lot of sleep and was dosing at work because of Him. Those were great days 8)

Artsy

Quote from: BigDave on February 14, 2013, 05:35:16 PM

Art could make you feel like you were going on a trip to the unknown on C2C! I especially enjoyed Dreamland. I lost a hell of a lot of sleep and was dosing at work because of Him. Those were great days 8)
For sure!  I remember stumbling on him and I was hooked that night wayyyyy back in 1993!  I was devastated for along time after he really quit.  I never went to sleep before a show was over.  It was an enormous rush when I heard that music intro.  I actually love him  :-* xxx's Art

Johnny is weird but I love when he sounds like Art!

ShayP

Quote from: Artsy on February 14, 2013, 05:47:59 PM
Johnny is weird but I love when he sounds like Art!

JBW has some similarities to Art Bell in my opinion.  I really like John.  I just get frustrated when he gets too conspiracy oriented and lets the God Squad take over a show. (i.e. Stan Johnson)

Remember people....JBW used to be a rock DJ way back when.  He has a shtick just like a lot of hosts on various shows.  He's done some really good interviews.  Regardles....he, and the others, are miles better than Noory.

Artsy

Quote from: ShayP on February 14, 2013, 06:28:31 PM

JBW has some similarities to Art Bell in my opinion.  I really like John.  I just get frustrated when he gets too conspiracy oriented and lets the God Squad take over a show. (i.e. Stan Johnson)

Remember people....JBW used to be a rock DJ way back when.  He has a shtick just like a lot of hosts on various shows.  He's done some really good interviews.  Regardles....he, and the others, are miles better than Noory.
I want to like him more but he disappoints.  His voice is what I feel saves face.  If he would just ask more straightforward and brighter questions.  But then he has the response problem to fix too.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ShayP on February 14, 2013, 06:28:31 PM
I just get frustrated when he gets too conspiracy oriented and lets the God Squad take over a show. (i.e. Stan Johnson)
That's so much of Wells airtime that you must be one very frustrated C2Cer.

ShayP

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 14, 2013, 07:25:28 PM
That's so much of Wells airtime that you must be one very frustrated C2Cer.

Haha!  Yes.  I do like conspiracy theories BUT sometimes they get ridiculous.  He needs to reign it in.

FallenSeraph

John B. Wells is pretty much at the top of my 'People I'd Like to Have Phone Sex With' list.  ;) ;)

Plus he has awesome taste in music.

Artsy

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 16, 2013, 12:45:50 PM
John B. Wells is pretty much at the top of my 'People I'd Like to Have Phone Sex With' list.  ;) ;)

I have been trying to define him and what it could be he'd be good at!  You took the words right out of my head, phone sex with him while he picks out a tune, special for each lady  :P

someguy

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 16, 2013, 12:45:50 PM

he'll be all up in that poon like a FEMA death squad trying to take your guns away

Elflord

Mushrooms & Environment Sat 02-16
  Growing more mushrooms may be the best thing we can do to save the environment, according to fungi expert, Paul Stamets, who joins John B. Wells. Stamets will discuss his discovery of how to use mushrooms to enhance the health of our forests, gardens and bodies. First hour guest, financial analyst Joseph Meyer, argues that the US should return to the gold standard.

I think that I will again skip Mr John B Wells show. He sucks like George Snoory too and that is my view point.

Nebraska888

Honestly, this program doesn't sound too interesting.  I'll listen and reserve judgement.  I still prefer Wells any day over Noory.  8)

Dex

Yes. Prefer.  But two lousy choices.  I like listening to Meyer.

LAM4:2

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 16, 2013, 11:18:00 PM
Honestly, this program doesn't sound too interesting.  I'll listen and reserve judgement.  I still prefer Wells any day over Noory.  8)
I agree, it's putting me to sleep.

FallenSeraph

How long has C2C been on? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. I've been listening since the '90s, at least. I'll always love C2C and I'll probably always bear with the hosts, whoever they are. The show has gotten me through so many crappy times and long sleepless nights in my life. And sometimes when I'm fed up with life â€" which is often â€" I'll be listening to this show and its guests and callers and all their crazy passions and theories and pursuits and it kind of makes me fall in love with people again, if that makes sense.

When I first heard John B. Wells, I thought it was Art for a second and did a double-take. Of all the hosts, he's my favorite, mainly because he (usually) seems genuinely interested and engaged in what most of his guests are talking about â€" or at least more so than Noory, who frustrates the hell out of me. (I'm not a diehard Noory hater, but don't get me started on how he cuts people off right when they're starting to talk about something interesting.) He also sounds like he at least makes an effort to do his homework before his shows.

I think he's refreshingly laid-back and he handles some of his crazy callers really well. I will say, though, that the Jan. 8 show with the guy Cobra was the biggest train wreck of a show I've ever heard. I cringed all the way through it.

And C'MON, you guys laughed at my phone sex comment, but you've gotta admit his voice is sexy as hell.  ;)

(Oh and hi, I'm new here! I was so damn happy to find this forum. I'm such a geek, I could blab about this show for hours, as evident by this tl;dr comment. :D)

sleeplessinca

The mushroom guy was really interesting.  I think I will even look to listen again cuz I fell asleep.  All kinds of cool stuff about the oldest mushroom having curative properties (why it has lasted so long) and mushrooms that use radiation (great news for Japan).  The financial guy was OK - what I heard of him.  I like JBW, his voice, his music, his topics, his voice... it's all good.  Swap him for Snooz immediately PLEASE!!!!

I listened to the mushroom guy .. I liked
Him

I liked him, too.  I was really interested in what he had to say.
And JBW wasn't his usual, "Let's get this revolution going" self, so I enjoyed the show overall.
I didn't listen to the financial guy.  So maybe I missed the rants.  Sometimes life is good.   :)

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 17, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
I listened to the mushroom guy .. I liked
Him

Yep, the mushroom dude was really quite entertaining......very articulate and knew EVERYTHING about mushrooms!

mombird3

Yes, it was a good show. Wells said he will do the show next Friday and make an announcement for us listeners that we should like. He said it will be a "surprise." I wonder what it will be?