• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

I had no idea she was even an actress until I asked one of my parents, she was just one of these guests who'd show up on talk shows, no movie or tv show to promote. The Posieden Adventure was the first thing I ever saw her in. Others from that era like her - Kitty Carlisle, she was a regular on the To Tell The Truth gameshow panel, that's all I knew her from, some old lady that could have been Queen Elizabeth for all I knew. Match Game had a bunch of celebrities I had no idea what they did to be 'celebrities' other than get on Match Game.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 07, 2018, 12:13:18 AM
I had no idea she was even an actress until I asked one of my parents, she was just one of these guests who'd show up on talk shows, no movie or tv show to promote. The Posieden Adventure was the first thing I ever saw her in. Others from that era like her - Kitty Carlisle, she was a regular on the To Tell The Truth gameshow panel, that's all I knew her from, some old lady that could have been Queen Elizabeth for all I knew. Match Game had a bunch of celebrities I had no idea what they did to be 'celebrities' other than get on Match Game.

Yeah, the Poseidon Adventure was my introduction to her acting.

Dateline

Here is an example of dreaming:  What if I want to dream I want a better boyfriend?  I have found in that case dreams do come true, and the can exceed your wildest dreams.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 07, 2018, 12:17:20 AM
Yeah, the Poseidon Adventure was my introduction to her acting.

Weird fact. She got married (4th time) to her long time companion on her deathbed to the objection of her daughter. The day she died, her 3rd husband had a stroke and died 5 days later.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dateline on June 07, 2018, 12:21:50 AM
Here is an example of dreaming:  What if I want to dream I want a better boyfriend?  I have found in that case dreams do come true, and the can exceed your wildest dreams.

Better than what?

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2018, 12:23:45 AM
Weird fact. She got married (4th time) to her long time companion on her deathbed to the objection of her daughter. The day she died, her 3rd husband had a stroke and died 5 days later.

She must have been great in bed.  She even seduced Farley Granger who was fairly open regarding his homosexuality.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 07, 2018, 12:03:25 AM
I never understood how Shelley Winters became a big star.  She wasn't sexy to me.  She played all of these codependent broads and she fattened up pretty quickly.  I'll forever remember her as the overweight heroine of the Poseidon Adventure who died after rescuing Hackman's character.
Michael Barryman might understand.  Or Lyle Lovitt, or maybe even Nick Nolte.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on June 07, 2018, 12:40:59 AM
Michael Barryman might understand.  Or Lyle Lovitt, or maybe even Nick Nolte.

Ugly dudes who married up? ???

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on June 07, 2018, 12:21:50 AM
Here is an example of dreaming:  What if I want to dream I want a better boyfriend?  I have found in that case dreams do come true, and they can exceed your wildest dreams.
I wonder how my dad's second wife did it.  She immediately ended the 18 years of athletes foot that my mom unwillingly endured.  BTW C21, the second wife was older and fatter than my mom.  Anyhow, the new wife got a better husband but the mystifying thing here is it was the same husband.  Hmmm, something in the relating?  Maybe he respected her more?

Jorch the Obtuse in action. His guest is a researcher into the ghosts haunting historic Williamsport. So the guest is telling various ghost stories - he begins a new one, tells Jorch he has to hear it because it's very touching. Guest begins giving background details, young man dies of a heart attack ....... Jorch jumps in 'And he never leaves does he *chortle*', the guest hasn't been allowed to tell his story and he's not happy 'Hey wait, let me finish the story'.  Jorch barely listens to his guests, his interjections and responses are proof of how little he's retained and/or how much he cares.

Had Jorch had the opportunity to interview radio legend and Hall of Famer Paul Harvey it no doubt would have gone like this

Jorch: This is an honor Mr. Harvey. I have loved radio almost as much as astronomy since I was a little boy. I grew up listening to you. My favorite was your little stories about famous people but you woudn't reveal their names until the end

Paul Harvey: I'm glad to hear that George, I've enjoyed every moment of my career. Thank you for having me on your program.

Jorch: I'm sure everybody asks you this but could you do one of those little stories  for us now?

Paul Harvey: Oh I guess so. Let me think, ok. There was this little boy, a tall boy for his age who had few friends. He had a bout with rheumatic fever and could not play sports with the other boys. His doting mother worried about him so. One day the little boy was down by the creek near his family's cabin collecting butterflies and

Jorch: and that little boy's name was Abraham Lincoln I bet wasn't it? *chortle*

Paul Harvey: What the hell, you're an asshole. Good day!

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 07, 2018, 02:44:13 AM
Had Jorch had the opportunity to interview radio legend and Hall of Famer Paul Harvey it no doubt would have gone like this

Jorch: This is an honor Mr. Harvey. I have loved radio almost as much as astronomy since I was a little boy. I grew up listening to you. My favorite was your little stories about famous people but you woudn't reveal their names until the end

Paul Harvey: I'm glad to hear that George, I've enjoyed every moment of my career. Thank you for having me on your program.

Jorch: I'm sure everybody asks you this but could you do one of those little stories  for us now?

Paul Harvey: Oh I guess so. Let me think, ok. There was this little boy, a tall boy for his age who had few friends. He had a bout with rheumatic fever and could not play sports with the other boys. His doting mother worried about him so. One day the little boy was down by the creek near his family's cabin collecting butterflies and

Jorch: and that little boy's name was Abraham Lincoln I bet wasn't it? *chortle*

Paul Harvey: What the hell, you're an asshole. Good day!
LOL

Looking at examples of Tim Scullion's ghost photography and I can't say I'm impressed. Most of them look like very stylistic portraits by an artist.

Like these.

Quote from: monica on June 06, 2018, 11:57:54 PM
George just gave an example of him dreaming.  He started to say, What if I dreamed I want a better gurf" then either deleted it or stopped.  Girth?  Naw.  Gurf Morlix CD?  No, never spins that one.   Gurf, as in World of Warcraft?  I don't think so.  Horrible, horrible person.  A gf is not like merchandise.  The magic is in the relating.  The w-h-a?  People often get what they deserve.

To be fair, they were talking about careers. George was saying "career"

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 07, 2018, 03:57:35 AM
To be fair, they were talking about careers. George was saying "career"
Oh that makes sense.  Theater is thurdder so... Career is cuhfrer.  How much is speech therapy?

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 06, 2018, 08:21:05 PM
Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Radio_Hall_of_Fame#Selection_process 
"Inductees to the National Radio Hall of Fame are nominated by a 24-person Nominating Committee composed of industry programming leaders and executives, industry observers and members of academia. The diverse group of committee members is inclusive of commercial and public radio. Nominating Committee members serve two or three year terms on a volunteer basis. The committee receives suggestions from the industry and listening public before convening and presenting a slate of 24 nominees, 16 of which are voted upon by an industry-wide Voting Participant panel while 8 others are voted on by the public. The Nominating Committee subsequently chooses up to four additional individuals for induction, choosing from suggested air personalities, programmers, management or ownership."

Glad to see it has the all important PC-approved "diverse" and "inclusive."  ::)

Jojo

Quote from: monica on June 07, 2018, 04:09:07 AM
Oh that makes sense.  Theater is thurdder so... Career is cuhfrer.  How much is speech therapy?
I mean speech thurpy.

Tinfoil_Helm

So I'm loving Dave on DMDN, but I like listening to Coast on the weekends.  What's everyone's go-to for a free online stream of Coast?  The Canuck stations don't carry it anymore, so I need a need URL.  Anyone?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on June 07, 2018, 08:42:46 PM
So I'm loving Dave on DMDN, but I like listening to Coast on the weekends.  What's everyone's go-to for a free online stream of Coast?  The Canuck stations don't carry it anymore, so I need a need URL.  Anyone?

Tunein

albrecht

Piratebay. Youtubes, or some sites. No commercials or bumpers. So just the bumbling, fumblings and can listen when you want. Mowing, in the yard, garage, etc is best, for me. Nice ambient noise with some, of my guffaws and laughs, over noises.

zeebo

Another option, just check out the stations listed on the C2C site.  I used this to find streams carrying Somewhere In Time on Sat. nites.  But along the way I found a TN station called, not kidding, WGNS lol. !!  :D

Dateline

Give me the pin, "I really voted now".

They rejected my self-nomination. .  maybe next year.

Mark Levin/John Tesh.  The first category, I was not familiar with any of those on-air personalities.  John Tesh is the only one I have heard, and I do enjoy his positive on-air personna. 

I was also reading the Coast Facebook page to get the general vibe on Norry, and it is not all positive.  Maybe half have his support, that is not what I would expect on the show postings.  I mean it would seem like if he was going to get good comments it would be there.

I would like to see Vegas odds on who will win now.  Any bookies here?

Jojo

GN 6/7/18 "Call me Madam Noory"!  2:24 Hour.

He can't pronounce Monsieur!

So, two new nicknames, Honey, and Madam Noory.  I love it.

great booking Tommy, a tarot card reading post menopausal crone. seriously, enough with the cat ladies.

such fascinating conversation

Jorch: How many cards in a tarot card deck?

Madame Whatever: 78

Jorch: Oh so not like playing card decks which have 52 cards.

Nobody on the day shift would believe this shit is a nationally syndicated radio program.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 08, 2018, 01:44:05 AM
great booking Tommy, a tarot card reading post menopausal crone. seriously, enough with the cat ladies.

such fascinating conversation

Jorch: How many cards in a tarot card deck?

Madame Whatever: 78

Jorch: Oh so not like playing card decks which have 52 cards.

Nobody on the day shift would believe this shit is a nationally syndicated radio program.

Well-said.  Jorch needs to get out of California.  That New Age shit doesn't fly in most of the country.

i've been listening to Clyde Lewis more and I guess I should try Dave Schraeder, Jorch is unlistenable at least 3 nights a week.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 08, 2018, 01:57:00 AM
i've been listening to Clyde Lewis more and I guess I should try Dave Schraeder, Jorch is unlistenable at least 3 nights a week.

Listening to Dave is like finding an oasis in the desert after years of thirst.