• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 06:25:37 PM
Point is I know the words but those who use them all the time I think can not form a better way to express themselves.

As far as the show is concerned I have listeners from 8-80 Years old, why would I want to drive some of them away? As a Parent when I hear gutter language I turn it off, my guess is most decent Parents do.

Beyond that, I don't listen myself to radio shows where every fifth word is the f bomb. I think most times the kind of content I like would be spoiled with that language, it has shock value the first couple of times and after that is just hard to listen to.

Art

I don't think you need to explain your stance on this. I have never listened to your show and thought what this show really needs is some vulgarity. If anyone thinks that it would benefit from some cursing then perhaps your show is not for them.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: jazmunda on March 13, 2015, 04:06:35 PM
Art's been BELLGABBED. It was only a matter of time. Now all we need is a well placed comment in the Falkie thread and the initiation will be complete.

haha my thoughts exactly.  That was hilarious.. I've never heard Art swear ever, never have I seen him type it either.  Completely unexpected :)

albrecht

A part of me still cringes when I hear the term "suck," as in George Norry Sucks, as I remember being told that was bad thing to say. Hahaha. There is a time and place for language and usually that is somewhere rural, sporting, or at work; with no ladies or children around. Or when you hit your thumb with a hammer or skin your knuckle bad torquing a wrench that slips. In other words where, basically, you are acting like an idiot. Certainly no cursing on radio! It is also sign of bad vocabulary or repartee. If you need to use sexual terms or make insults you can be creative and make clever allusions. I also don't wear a hat indoors though.
-GNS

Heather Wade

Point is I know the words but those who use them all the time I think can not form a better way to express themselves.

As far as the show is concerned I have listeners from 8-80 Years old, why would I want to drive some of them away? As a Parent when I hear gutter language I turn it off, my guess is most decent Parents do.

Beyond that, I don't listen myself to radio shows where every fifth word is the f bomb. I think most times the kind of content I like would be spoiled with that language, it has shock value the first couple of times and after that is just hard to listen to.

Art

That was what I took from your previous post.  I remember you pointing this out a few times on the air, and it appears you have not changed.  It is impressive to see someone stand by their convictions so firmly for so long; all part of your charm. 
As promised, I will not cuss if you ever happen to take my call.

Will you have a delay?  Or, a button that, when pressed, plays, "Do the wild thing and call..."?

pyewacket

Art

Thank you, Art. It wouldn't be the same if you changed your style.

Eddie Coyle

Hearing Art say "Will you turn down your FUCKING radio" would make me die happy.

PChirp

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2015, 07:07:50 PM
     Hearing Art say "Will you turn down your FUCKING radio" would make me die happy.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Daggit

Quote from: Paul on March 13, 2015, 06:22:50 PM
Cool!  It works!

Boom. Paul gets it. The boy from bristol and his unfunny redactions are the worst thing about this site at the moment.

BellBoy

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2015, 07:07:50 PM

So funny! Pissing myself at the thought!

Daggit

Quote from: bound4bristol on March 13, 2015, 07:04:23 PM
I have never listened to your show, and thought what this show really needs is some vulgarity.

I have never listened to your show, and thought, what this show really needs is some vulgarity.

I have never listened to your show and thought, what this show really needs is some vulgarity.

[attachimg=1]

it's all in the comma's, man

He's a comedian and a grammar Nazi.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Daggit on March 13, 2015, 07:10:46 PM
Boom. Paul gets it. The boy from bristol and his unfunny redactions are the worst thing about this site at the moment.

You're cool by me Daggit, but, ah, I've been in enough trouble lately.  Please don't drag me into this.   ;D :D ;)

bound4bristol

Quote from: Daggit on March 13, 2015, 07:10:46 PM
Paul gets it. The boy from bristol and his unfunny redactions are the worst thing about this site at the moment.

BOOM!

Daggit

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 13, 2015, 07:13:18 PM
You're cool by me Daggit, but, ah, I've been in enough trouble lately.  Please don't drag me into this.   ;D :D ;)

I didn't use the () so you should be safe.

bound4bristol

Quote from: Daggit on March 13, 2015, 07:15:59 PM
That was your best post to date! MV? Please, archive this for posterity!

thank you

and lick me where I pee

Heather Wade

Quote from: Daggit on March 13, 2015, 07:16:42 PM
I didn't use the () so you should be safe.

Whew.  I was too tired to notice that, but you're right.  As you were.   8)

trust_no_one

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 13, 2015, 07:19:47 PM
Whew.  I was too tired to notice that, but you're right.  As you were.   8)

Yes, please - no more rambling YouTube videos...demanding your apology.   ;)

bound4bristol

Quote from: Daggit on March 13, 2015, 07:15:59 PM
I'm all wet now! Seriously, can we be friends? Please!?

Sorry dear, it's late here, you always knew the long-distance thing would be "challenging"...

we'll kiss again in the morning?

ta!

popple

Quote from: trust_no_one on March 13, 2015, 07:30:01 PM
Yes, please - no more rambling YouTube videos...demanding your apology.   ;)
Better to start an online petition. Once it gets to about 100k I'm sure she'll cave. She is legally obligated to at that point, no?  :P

Daggit

Quote from: bound4bristol on March 13, 2015, 07:35:02 PM
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

It really does work.

Better than advertised.

bound4bristol

Quote from: Daggit on March 13, 2015, 07:42:59 PM
It really does work.

Better than advertised.

*kiss *kiss

but everyone else knows about our undying passion

Art, you inspired me to change my avatar if only temporarily.

Diabhal

The only thing Art hated more than cursing was idiots with surnames

Quote from: Pam J on March 13, 2015, 02:23:41 PM
No disrespect but, kids are the biggest user of "foul language."  We're you not a kid?  I don't know how old your kids are but WHY would you bore them with talk radio.  Kids don't want to hear that.  Depending on their ages, I promise you, your kids are cussing.  You just don't know about it.  Are you the kind of parent that controls their music as well?  Good luck.  This is the centuary of cussing and it is a way of life.

Well since you're a Jersey Girl.  That explains everything I need to know.  I lived in Jersey for a number of years back in the 80's and 90's and I had one girlfriend who called our house on several nights while I was sleeping or somewhere else. My Dad and my brother both answered her calls. We all sounded alike so she thought she was talking to me.  Well she proceeded to talk sex with the both of them as only Jersey girls know how.  Boy did I hear about it the next day and both of them were just laughing their asses off about it. Its too bad we didn't have cell phones back then but we managed without them.

I'm no prude and sure my kids talk dirty. I've heard them and sometimes I'll throw a mild cuss word at them as a joke. I just don't want my kids throwing f words in every other sentence.  Folks outside Jersey, Philly and NYC, don't cuss as much as you guys and gals up there. I do agree with you that there are times when only a cuss word will do. 

I love Jersey girls because when they want something , they let you know. Shyness is not a Jersey girl trait.  My girlfriend let me know when she wanted to fuck and she was blunt about it.  And of course, I took her up on her requests.  :D

bound4bristol

Quote from: bound4bristol on March 13, 2015, 07:44:20 PM
*kiss *kiss

but everyone else knows about our undying passion

George Bush Sr. "Maybe if we just bury our head in the sand...."

Quote from: jazmunda on March 13, 2015, 06:53:27 PM
I don't think you need to explain your stance on this. I have never listened to your show and thought what this show really needs is some vulgarity. If anyone thinks that it would benefit from some cursing then perhaps your show is not for them.

You sir are right on the money.

nika01

Quote from: jazmunda on March 13, 2015, 06:53:27 PM
Can you rephrase this, makes littles sense as written

paladin1991

Quote from: BellBoy on March 13, 2015, 05:39:54 PM
Now to figure this puppy out.
PM MV for a copy of ART's PM with.....THE PLAN.*

*all trademarks and copyrights assigned in perpetuity to The Bell Foundation

Ever since I was a teenager all the way through now, I have always believed overuse of cuss words was exhausting and pointless. I don't even appreciate comedy that does it.. But there's times and places for it.
however, I was always fine with Art's rules on this.