• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Element 115

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 16, 2018, 07:19:39 PM
That episode with Heather sounded like 6-8 loops at various intervals. The man seems insane in his obliviousness to the multiple audio feeds...

He says he is a partner in a business...  He does the janitorial while his partner collects the money.

ugh that episode with Heather lol

dsz

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 16, 2018, 07:09:43 PM
Talking about fat people jumping off bridges?

What the fuck is this?

Can somebody take away Joe's license to broadcast?  My god, this is bad.

Hahaha and supposedly he is micro FM-ing in Orleans. I don't care if you're licensed or not you have to be really high on some bad shit to willingly and knowingly let crap like this go out online, let alone over the air. He is the biggest disgrace to pirating ever and Art has run out of grave rolls.

Quote from: ge30542 on May 16, 2018, 07:22:20 PM
I'm only on page 3290, but suddenly people are saying that Dave is a moron?
What happened?

Just a couple of flyby idiots.

paladin1991

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 16, 2018, 11:50:05 AM
No dump button until tomorrow! An unnamed guest tonight. This guy "gets"it
Dumbass ;D

trust_no_one

So, if I mumble on YouTube, do meth and have a website that looks like it's from 2002, I can say I am a professional broadcaster ?

#SpeaksRadio

dsz

Quote from: ge30542 on May 16, 2018, 07:22:20 PM
I'm only on page 3290, but suddenly people are saying that Dave is a moron?
What happened?

Mormon and moron. And I don't know what else they've called him. Cliff notes, please.

Zenman

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 16, 2018, 07:14:34 PM
haha. I'd just be keeping the seat warm for Wade...or Art's ten month old son.

;D

wr250

Quote from: PurpleChirple on May 16, 2018, 07:09:02 PM
Great to see you're on the case, Zeeb!  ;D

nice zoot suit zeebo. be sure and recruit squirrel girl to your cause.

Robert

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 09:36:58 AMSo the question is, for a fringe style show, would you rather the host challenge the guests with respect or just allow the story, inaccuracies and contradiction just slide?

Should the show be total escapism or entertainment with a foot still grounded in skepticism?

Just asking for a friend. ;)

DS
Just think of what Mr. Noory would do, & do the opposite.

But seriously folks, if there were a way to determine this in advance, doing an interview show would be a lot easier than it actually is.  Sometimes challenging is what you need, other times it derails the show, depending how they react.

Total escapism as a gen'l policy would be boring.

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 07:20:11 PM
You need a license to broadcast on the internet now?

With lame-brain idiots like this on the internet, there should be.

Element 115

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2018, 06:28:44 PM

lol chefist which video is this from?  Holy shit, what a tard.

Phone ringing
RCH calling to see if Joe will let him on his network.

Cowkiller

Quote from: dsz on May 16, 2018, 07:23:49 PM
Hahaha and supposedly he is micro FM-ing in Orleans. I don't care if you're licensed or not you have to be really high on some bad shit to willingly and knowingly let crap like this go out online, let alone over the air. He is the biggest disgrace to pirating ever and Art has run out of grave rolls.

Even the FCC doesn't care.

Lilith

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on May 16, 2018, 06:39:41 PM
Has anyone been able to get audio from UPRN?  I'm not.

Also, from their front page:

"Words cannot describe the knowledge and wisdom found on the UPRN Radio Network....."

Must you describe them through interpretive dance?

same/same no audio here either, I had to go to his live YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YvBc-DsEvU

ge30542

Quote from: dsz on May 16, 2018, 07:25:04 PM
Mormon and moron. And I don't know what else they've called him. Cliff notes, please.
Oh, okay, my bad, Mormon, I get it.

whoozit

Had to do some work, did I miss anything other than mumbling and the aliens in tights quote?

SpookyTim

Quote from: whoozit on May 16, 2018, 07:30:06 PM
Had to do some work, did I miss anything other than mumbling and the aliens in tights quote?

Nope

chefist

Quote from: Element 115 on May 16, 2018, 07:27:24 PM
lol chefist which video is this from?  Holy shit, what a tard.

Oh, wow...that's been over 3 years ago...before I started posted on BG

albrecht

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 16, 2018, 07:28:03 PM
Even the FCC doesn't care.
FCC was busting the folks running some pirate FM stations here, especially the one who was broadcasting Alex's show that came close to some legit stations. I think it is a matter of AI and workers but I would guess that Youtube, FB, etc would shut down streaming shows if they violate TOS with regard to "hate" speech etc but likely they would have to be reported or popular to get noticed and kicked off?

whoozit

I think Joe has created a new You Tube genre, anti-ASMR.

whoozit

Fact, earth was smacked, Joe is whacked.

We  need some Tim Dennis in here too. Where are you Tim?

Sean92008

Quote from: ge30542 on May 16, 2018, 07:30:04 PM
Oh, okay, my bad, Mormon, I get it.
A joke because of all the kids that got out of hand and, like a game of telephone operator (or whatever it is) it got taken more seriously.

Miss Winnie has probably had enough of me. 🙁

Roswells, Art

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on May 16, 2018, 07:39:25 PM
We  need some Tim Dennis in here too. Where are you Tim?

He's listening to Joe and is in the youtube chat. He doesn't seem impressed.

Element 115

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2018, 07:31:13 PM
Oh, wow...that's been over 3 years ago...before I started posted on BG

Oh nice, I want to see that video.

Sean92008

Any wormholers or time travelers for Heather's show out there?

Curious if someone will ask if she listened to David Adair on Midnight in the Desert?

SpookyTim

Quote from: whoozit on May 16, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
I think Joe has created a new You Tube genre, anti-ASMR.

+1

dsz

Quote from: albrecht on May 16, 2018, 07:31:52 PM
FCC was busting the folks running some pirate FM stations here, especially the one who was broadcasting Alex's show that came close to some legit stations. I think it is a matter of AI and workers but I would guess that Youtube, FB, etc would shut down streaming shows if they violate TOS with regard to "hate" speech etc but likely they would have to be reported or popular to get noticed and kicked off?

May I ask approximately where "here" is? I'm surprised as much as our pal Alex encourages it (even though he always notes not to interfere with licensed stations) that his rebroadcaster didn't appeal to him for some help, or at least free publicity. That's one of the advantages of living in a more rural area/smaller town is you're less messed with in regards to that and many other things. And if I ever had anything as bad as Joe go out on my micro FM, if I had one... which I don't... but if I did, I would smash the transmitter to bits. There have been fuck ups (if I did), but never Joe caliber bad. You try to match the quality of a commercial station and deliver the best product you can, or what's the point.