• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Silly Live 105

Started by yumyumtree, January 19, 2014, 03:15:28 AM

yumyumtree

I usually avoid NFL football related news, but according to KIRO, a San Francisco music radio station has banned "Seattle-based" music for this weekend. It's retaliation for no ticket sales down there.
This seems silly even by football fan standards. And what is "Seattle-based music"? Nirvana? Macklemore? Jimi Hendrix was born in Seattle and is buried in Renton, but in-between got out pretty fast, and I think spent much of his adult life in London.

In other football-related silliness, does anybody remember a study done a few years back saying that contrary to popular belief, that the 12th man doesn't seem to contribute to the team's winning performance.

They are loud though. I was near Safeco field last Sat. On an unrelated errand just as the game with the N.O. Saints was ending and I didnt realize what that noise was, and it was them.

HorrorRetro

I don't care one bit about football, but even I am a bit excited about today's game.  We'll be watching from the neighborhood pub.  Out and about in the South Sound yesterday, it was hilarious to see the minuteman statue at Camp Murray adorned with a Seahawks jersey.

yumyumtree

Thanks for posting. Some of the stuff is amusing.