• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Facial Hair

Started by jazmunda, January 10, 2014, 07:07:01 AM

jazmunda

So I'm on vacation and I haven't shaved in 2 weeks and am starting to look a little unkempt. I've never had more than a few days growth before and was wondering what you bearded/mustachioed fellows do to keep your peach fuzz nice and neat. Scissors, clippers what say you? Help a brother out. I'm starting to look like a handsome homeless guy.

The girls can pipe in with their bikini line tips if they are feeling a little left out. I don't want to hear about your facial hair issues though. 

aldousburbank

For me proper grooming is a geographical affair.
For south of the equator I go old school-

North of the beltline I go with standard issue, garden variety California grooming apparatus.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on January 10, 2014, 07:07:01 AM
So I'm on vacation and I haven't shaved in 2 weeks and am starting to look a little unkempt. I've never had more than a few days growth before and was wondering what you bearded/mustachioed fellows do to keep your peach fuzz nice and neat. Scissors, clippers what say you? Help a brother out. I'm starting to look like a handsome homeless guy.

The girls can pipe in with their bikini line tips if they are feeling a little left out. I don't want to hear about your facial hair issues though.

Never fails; goes to the roots.

b_dubb

Scissors if you have the patience or if you don't plan on keeping it. If you plan on keeping it you will want to get a trimmer.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on January 10, 2014, 09:20:45 AM
Scissors if you have the patience or if you don't plan on keeping it. If you plan on keeping it you will want to get a trimmer.

I think I want to keep it. I just don't want to look like a conspiracy theorist.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on January 10, 2014, 02:36:34 PM
I think I want to keep it. I just don't want to look like a conspiracy theorist.
Ah, disguise. Good one.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 10, 2014, 02:48:26 PM
Ah, disguise. Good one.

Disguise sounds like I'm wearing a fake beard. I prefer incognito.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on January 10, 2014, 02:55:02 PM
Disguise sounds like I'm wearing a fake beard. I prefer incognito.

If this man wore a fake beard, would he be any less of a FUCKING NUTCASE conspiracy theorist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sJjJg7FjyQ

ziznak

I go with the typical "found Islam in prison" look.  shave the face and stache but let my inner neckbeard SHINE like a mutt with mange.....

btw I'm half rubber duck and sport 2 pairs of glasses.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ziznak on January 10, 2014, 03:08:55 PM
btw I'm half rubber duck and sport 2 pairs of glasses.

Which half?

ziznak

well really the whole thing.... my head is just a mask

gringomisio

The first time I had my hair cut in Peru was a bit shocking.  They cut your hair and then they bring out a straight razor. One of those disposable kinds that you might use to scrape paint or something.  They proceeded to shave my neck and other touchups without any shaving cream/etc.  DRY.  So on that point, give it a go on your face.

I have a hair clipper, I put a height guard on it buzz the face and it evens up the beard growth. My right side grows nearly twice as fast as the other side. Scissors you clip then woops, it is uneven..... real hard to balance the face out with scissors. Anyway I have been cutting what hair I have for over 20 years. I usually trim the m'statch with the scissors where I have a lip as a line.

steelbot

I tend to if growing my goatee or mustache and goatee out use my razor for the rest of the face, and clippers with height guards of 2-3 to trim it up as it grows in fuller, then it's a 3 all the way to keep it nicely groomed.  Take the guard off to trim the lip line and nose hair trimmer attachment is also nice.  I use a cheapy braun from wallyworld but it's been the best one i've owned.

But generally nowadays I am freshly shaved again everyday just like I was in the military again  :P

Mels-hole1984

Interesting question. I've been shaving with an old Gillette Super Speed. Thinking of switching to a DOVO.

Jnthn932

Quote from: jazmunda on January 10, 2014, 02:36:34 PM
I haven't shaved completely since I got out of the navy. I too, was having this problem. Get yourself a nice pair of clippers with different guards and shave to whatever thickness you'd like. Personally, I like the number three guard.

jazmunda

Quote from: Jnthn932 on January 12, 2014, 01:47:42 AM
I haven't shaved completely since I got out of the navy. I too, was having this problem. Get yourself a nice pair of clippers with different guards and shave to whatever thickness you'd like. Personally, I like the number three guard.

This is what I'll be doing once I get home.

ksm32

You should always have a razor when on vacation. If you don't shave you can always kills the bad waiter with it. :)

You'll have to catch him in that small hallway he always seems to standing around in.

Tarbaby

Oh! "Facial Hair".  With my failed vision I thought it said "Racial Hair". And an image of Jaz with a huge Afro popped into my head. Anyway, put me down as "goatee".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Tarbaby on January 13, 2014, 01:08:01 PM
Oh! "Facial Hair".  With my failed vision I thought it said "Racial Hair". And an image of Jaz with a huge Afro popped into my head. Anyway, put me down as "goatee".

Hijack (sorry): How did the Yorkshire puddings go Tarbaby?

b_dubb

PICTURES or the facial hair didn't happen.

Tarbaby

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 13, 2014, 01:15:59 PM

Hijack (sorry): How did the Yorkshire puddings go Tarbaby?
Hey, York! Haven't made or found yorkshire pudding yet but I'm on the lookout. I have a couple spies out looking around town too. But I did make that pork roast (with carrots, potatoes, onions & garlic cloves). Poked holes in the roast and jammed garlic cloves in. Lasted several meals of course, I cut slices of the pork and doused them with worcestershire sauce this time.

Going to a Norwegian lutefisk dinner Saturday. Might even try a bit of lutefisk again, haven't had any for years. But they have a full assortment of other stuff. I saw meatballs listed. BTW, is there a "FOOD" thread here where we should take this stuff? Cuz my friends and I go out every weekend searching for new foods and beers to try. This month's favorite was an Ecuadorian place. Best beef I've ever had. We have a lot of favorite Thai places we go back to and explore the menus. Couple weeks ago I had something new (for me), excellent Curry-infused Talapia fish stir fry.