• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"Heather at the Handle"

Started by Ciardelo, December 13, 2015, 02:53:20 PM

Spinner

I listened to last Friday's MITD hosted by Heather live. Like everyone else, I was sad, upset and in shock from the events of the day (plus reading through the posts here), so I wasn't paying that much attention to the interview with the time-traveler guest. But from the small chunks I heard at the time, I though she was doing a very good job, especially considering the circumstances.

So today I decided to listen to it again, paying full attention this time. I must say that she indeed did an excellent job, considering that the guest was not quite "ready-for-primetime' (to put it nicely). In fact, I liked the show much better on today's second listen, than I did on Friday - including the guest.

I think that last Friday we were all too upset and in the wrong frame of mind to make a fair judgement. And I'm sure that Heather was also quite nervous. So, I'd like to suggest that people listen again and give Heather a chance.

Coffeeman

She could be all right, but in the gabcast she sounds like she's in the afterglow of riding the cock carousel. It's annoying because it her laziness in asserting herself will just let guest run right over her.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 13, 2015, 05:49:10 PM
I'll eat my hat if this show is still on in a month. Y'all are living in a fantasy world at this point.
I don't see it lasting very long in present form unless Art comes in to try to save it.  Maybe they'll keep it going if he agrees to some future return, but the most likely scenario is the whole thing will fold up.

HumanBeing

Quote from: drksd4848 on December 13, 2015, 07:55:06 PM
Yeah, I'm only going to listen if she's hot.  If she's smokin' hot, I'll re up my subscription.

Aldous had some pics of when they went to see Art and Redacted interviewed him. You just got to wade through the message threads  ;)

If your definition of "smokin' hot" is not a women who is 800 lbs with a beard  then you got no worries. She's cute as a button.

paladin1991

'Heather at the Handle.'

Huh, wish I could think of something cool like that.

Ciardelo

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 14, 2015, 02:41:01 AM
'Heather at the Handle.'

Huh, wish I could think of something cool like that.
You're a genius!

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 13, 2015, 05:49:10 PM
I'll eat my hat if this show is still on in a month. Y'all are living in a fantasy world at this point.

The only thing I care about is seeing the esoteric hat that fits over those antlers, Bucky.

(Can you BUH-LEEVE there are 14 new eps of MST3K on the way? I'm still stunned.)

pate

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 13, 2015, 03:27:17 PM

If Heather needs to own her own show the Keith and she will work that out...

I've conversed with Heather over the years, and her own show is beyond her wildest dreams, or that is what I walked away from the discussion with.

My understanding was/is that the young lady was happy hearing Art on air.  Me too, to win the lottery?  Well that's a different story, let's interview some "professional" sports players;  from all gamuts.

Hockey, Football, Futball, Tennis, Volleyball, Track & yadda-yadda...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsK9fuO2a8

did I just post a tube?  Nab-Daggit!

ediot: heh, time for a new photo-shop... 'pologies

Ciardelo

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2015, 03:03:27 AM
I've conversed with Heather over the years, and her own show is beyond her wildest dreams, or that is what I walked away from the discussion with.

My understanding was/is that the young lady was happy hearing Art on air.  Me too, to win the lottery?  Well that's a different story, let's interview some "professional" sports players;  from all gamuts.

Hockey, Football, Futball, Tennis, Volleyball, Track & yadda-yadda...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsK9fuO2a8

did I just post a tube?  Nab-Daggit!

ediot: heh, time for a new photo-shop... 'pologies
I saw Carrie Fisher on the Today show this morning. They said that was almost 40 years ago...damn if I don't feel old now.  :P

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 14, 2015, 03:03:10 AM
The only thing I care about is seeing the esoteric hat that fits over those antlers, Bucky.

(Can you BUH-LEEVE there are 14 new eps of MST3K on the way? I'm still stunned.)
At least there's some good news.  They made it to 14?  Make it good, Joel.  Make it good.

Barfly

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 06:26:31 PM
I saw Carrie Fisher on the Today show this morning. They said that was almost 40 years ago...damn if I don't feel old now.  :P
Even Ann Wilson wasn't fat back then, Nancy still looks great though.