• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Does it matter who wins the presidency?

Started by Hautex, July 30, 2015, 09:54:40 PM

Hautex

Ended up as a skeptical observer in a strange political debate. Heck, they had great bourbon being served, so why leave, right? The following comments were the only things THEY all seemed to agree on.
1. It doesn't really matter who wins as president due to the fact a president, being only employed for 8 years, max, has a very limited security clearance and will always know only a small portion of what is going on.
2. The people that disseminate information the president needs to make a decision, are usually folks who have been in government positions of power for decades and the info given to the president depends on another agenda entirely.
3. We need to vote for the folks at human resources, not the president, since they seem to be unable to rid us of the "old boys network". Like the ones who fed President Bush the weapons of mass destruction confirmation, that were never found, but led us to attack Iraq and the cluster f@@@ that has resulted. (they were getting drunker and madder). (I just love the intricacies of good bourbon)
4. The old movie "the Star Chamber" was never supposed to be released because it was too close to the truth.
   That was my signal to head over to a kinder, gentler, group of folks. Sadly, they were only sampling some crappy umbrella drinks. Now, their ideas about there being too many behind-the-scenes power brokers made sense, but all I heard was whining and absolutely no ideas for a solution, let alone a single idea about who could get us to the truth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCe1pHqP06A
  So, any opinion on what this group of somewhat buzzed, law enforcement folks concluded at the party?

Eddie Coyle

"Every government is run by liars, and nothing they say should be believed"  -I.F. Stone(Isidor Feinstein)

Juan

It makes a great deal of difference to the person elected and to his or her family.

Claudius

Quote from: Hautex on July 30, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
Ended up as a skeptical observer in a strange political debate. Heck, they had great bourbon being served, so why leave, right? The following comments were the only things THEY all seemed to agree on.
1. It doesn't really matter who wins as president due to the fact a president, being only employed for 8 years, max, has a very limited security clearance and will always know only a small portion of what is going on.
2. The people that disseminate information the president needs to make a decision, are usually folks who have been in government positions of power for decades and the info given to the president depends on another agenda entirely.
3. We need to vote for the folks at human resources, not the president, since they seem to be unable to rid us of the "old boys network". Like the ones who fed President Bush the weapons of mass destruction confirmation, that were never found, but led us to attack Iraq and the cluster f@@@ that has resulted. (they were getting drunker and madder). (I just love the intricacies of good bourbon)
4. The old movie "the Star Chamber" was never supposed to be released because it was too close to the truth.
   That was my signal to head over to a kinder, gentler, group of folks. Sadly, they were only sampling some crappy umbrella drinks. Now, their ideas about there being too many behind-the-scenes power brokers made sense, but all I heard was whining and absolutely no ideas for a solution, let alone a single idea about who could get us to the truth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCe1pHqP06A
  So, any opinion on what this group of somewhat buzzed, law enforcement folks concluded at the party?

1) The higher up in an organization you go the more people become an inch deep and a mile wide, but that's a given. Also the president has TS clearance so that's simply not true.
2) Partially true but that's a bit overblown, that's why the president has his hand picked advisors, so they can get the info he needs in small digestible chunks.
3) Civil servants are so specialized in one topic that removing them frequently would have disasterous consequences, and the "old boys" network didn't push WMDs in Iraq that was the Bush administration which requested that those agencies find proof because they claimed they were there.

Jackstar

Quote from: Claudius on July 31, 2015, 09:46:29 AM
Also the president has TS clearance so that's simply not true.

Note that this chart is likely not precisely accurate or current, just like the idea that TPOTUS has any direct involvement or control over anything important.

Claudius

Quote from: Jackstar on July 31, 2015, 01:57:08 PM

Note that this chart is likely not precisely accurate or current, just like the idea that TPOTUS has any direct involvement or control over anything important.
I'm just curious as to where you got that chart? Because in my person experience  nearly all of those classifications, especially at the top are just made up. Really with the Federal Government there is only Secret, Top Secret, and within TS there are harder to get ones. Actually one of the hardest ones to get is with National Geospatial and other various positions such as those dealing with our missile defense/offensive programs and our military space programs.   

Jackstar

Quote from: Claudius on July 31, 2015, 04:20:00 PM
Really with the Federal Government there is only Secret, Top Secret, and within TS there are harder to get ones.

Jackstar

Quote from: Claudius on July 31, 2015, 05:01:47 PM
I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

Q: How many mathematicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A1: None, it is left to the student as an exercise.
A2: None. A mathematician can’t change a lightbulb, but can prove a solution exists.
A3: The answer is intuitively obvious.
A4: If k mathematicians can change a light bulb, and if one more simply watches them do it, then k+1 mathematicians will have changed the light bulb. Therefore, by induction, for all n in the positive integers, n mathematicians can change a light bulb.
A5: Four: One to do the work, three to co-author the paper.

stargazr1976

I read very little of the posts but i can say that i started fighting family court in 99. Back when i was still respectable. The whole damn system is broken. I have no faith in any man. Eat some Good food when I can. Thank What i consider my God Big g once in a while. Try to hold it together. Listen to good radio as rare as it is these days and wait for it all to fall man. Jesus man pa is actually looking at sentencing for precrime. thats minority report shit man. wtf. When the hell between the 80s and now did i sleep that long. The world is fucked.

Ruteger

Cruz, Paul, Trump et all will NOT save the USSA because the underlying problem is a spiritual problem, not a political problem. When a nation casts off all knowledge of God, they descend into a moral abyss. Cecil the Lion garnered more sympathy than selling of aborted human baby organs for profit. How many babies have been sacrificed to Moloch since 1973? 60 million+ or more?

Get right with God while you still can. The excrement is about to hit the fan starting Elul 29. The USSA is toast.

akwilly

unless I am the president I don't really care who wins

Catportal

Not really, but it is important for one reason...

The entire social/political paradigm has been shifting left for the last 20 years or so. Many of the mainstream Republicans are left of where they were even 10 years ago. There are pockets of "holdouts" (Tea Party) like Cruz and Paul supporters, but they don't control the party.

Even though the country is sliding into an abyss, one candidate will get us there faster than the other. Picking the "slower" candidate might buy us more time to turn it around, or prepare for hard times. (I'm not prepared at all).

Besides that, it doesn't really matter. The entire dem/rep squabbling is all a smokescreen. We need to look past that noise to see what's really going on.

pate