Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on January 04, 2018, 05:32:23 PM
Because air conditioners.

that might literally be the reason.

albrecht

Quote from: mv on January 04, 2018, 05:33:09 PM
that might literally be the reason.
But just stay silent. What would anybody do if the con, if that what it was, came to light? Not enough $ to sue over except in small claims court, nobody knows who she is (or at least I don't,) and it likely not illegal to ask for 'help' and dupe people into giving you an A/C on the internet (I don't specifically recall how she asked for the A/C money?)  It is weird. I've known people with cancer who didn't get so many infections, bites, illnesses, etc and their immune system is super compromised. It is a weird storyline to come up, and keep running with, to get away with a small con for a window unit A/C! Though maybe more is being done via PMs etc?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on January 04, 2018, 05:49:03 PM
But just stay silent. What would anybody do if the con, if that what it was, came to light? Not enough $ to sue over except in small claims court, nobody knows who she is (or at least I don't,) and it likely not illegal to ask for 'help' and dupe people into giving you an A/C on the internet (I don't specifically recall how she asked for the A/C money?)  It is weird. I've known people with cancer who didn't get so many infections, bites, illnesses, etc and their immune system is super compromised. It is a weird storyline to come up, and keep running with, to get away with a small con for a window unit A/C! Though maybe more is being done via PMs etc?

i don't think it was a con or anything.  i think she just doesn't want to do the show anymore but feels obligated to people due to the prior help they gave.  she doesn't want to let them down and/or humiliate herself.

just pull the band-aid off, i say.

albrecht

Quote from: mv on January 04, 2018, 06:42:26 PM
i don't think it was a con or anything.  i think she just doesn't want to do the show anymore but feels obligated to people due to the prior help they gave.  she doesn't want to let them down and/or humiliate herself.

Yeah, drawing it out just makes it worse. So I admit it is fun speculating what disease or incident will be used each week.

ItsOver

Quote from: mv on January 04, 2018, 05:31:41 PM
I don't know why she doesn't just come out and concede that she doesn't want to do it anymore.
Maybe she just needs a "stalker."

Indeed.

Yahoo needs to do the same an just admit it's dead.    I just received this missive from them:

QuoteDear Yahoo Sports Fantasy  user,

We wanted to let you know that Yahoo Sports Fantasy Golf has been discontinued and will no longer be available for the upcoming golf season.
If you have participated in the past, your golf historical standings will still be viewable in your profile.

As we continue to innovate and grow Yahoo Fantasy Sports, part of that is consolidation of some of our offerings

When you can't fund Fanstasy Golf maintenance anymore, you know it's time to close up shop.   What's funny is I've never tried
fantasy golf.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 04, 2018, 07:32:07 PM
Indeed.

Yahoo needs to do the same an just admit it's dead.    I just received this missive from them:

When you can't fund Fanstasy Golf maintenance anymore, you know it's time to close up shop.   What's funny is I've never tried
fantasy golf.

the first big yahoo casualty was their games section years ago.  i used to play spades on yahoo almost daily.  then... poof.  it was gone.  i can't begin to imagine how they were unable to keep that going.  i mean... imagine the server load for me to send a single packet of data instructing the server i've played a card.  must have been multitudes of interconnected data centers to keep that going.

/sarcasm

anyway, it was great.  i haven't played spades in any capacity since they shut that down.

Swishypants

MV, I don't know if I can go on without going back in time and being clever enough to have thought up "Hork Supreme." It's really fuckin' with me!

Quote from: mv on January 04, 2018, 08:20:09 PM
the first big yahoo casualty was their games section years ago.  i used to play spades on yahoo almost daily.  then... poof.  it was gone.  i can't begin to imagine how they were unable to keep that going.  i mean... imagine the server load for me to send a single packet of data instructing the server i've played a card.  must have been multitudes of interconnected data centers to keep that going.

/sarcasm

anyway, it was great.  i haven't played spades in any capacity since they shut that down.

They probably laid off the three dudes that maintained the Games section and used the meager savings to go all in on stories about Kim Kardashian's fat arse.
Oh and maybe a blueberry muffin every morning for Katie Couric.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 04, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
They probably laid off the three dudes that maintained the Games section and used the meager savings to go all in on stories about Kim Kardashian's fat arse.
Oh and maybe a blueberry muffin every morning for Katie Couric.

you're probably closer to the truth than one might think.

Why can't she go out in a hail of gunfire, like everyone else?

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 04, 2018, 09:12:48 PM
Why can't she go out in a hail of gunfire, like everyone else?

TRUTHY!

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on January 04, 2018, 05:31:41 PM
I don't know why she doesn't just come out and concede that she doesn't want to do it anymore.

Yeah..  Pull an ART BELL.  Quit.

Funny, pretty soon it'll be like that movie 'Kingpin.'  When things get really f'd up it's, "Wow, you really Munsuned that one."  Referring to the failed career of one Roy Munsun.   It'll be, "Ah that douche pulled an ART BELL" or "You guys hear that Jim over in logistics ART BELLed today?"   

Quitting means admitting the year/5 grand spent at strip mall broadcast school was a mistake

Roswells, Art

Doesn't she get monthly subscription money?

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 05, 2018, 02:28:26 PM
Doesn't she get monthly subscription money?

Five Bucks a whack.  Why don't you fill in for her?  Roswells on the Radio....I'd pony up for that.   :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 05, 2018, 02:34:20 PM
Are your f,a,g,o, and t buttons worn out?

No. I'm just mixing it up. Besides, I'm doing you the courtesy of assuming you're actually female and ladies can't be fags...unless you're a dyke.  ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on January 05, 2018, 02:40:36 PM
Five Bucks a whack.  Why don't you fill in for her?  Roswells on the Radio....I'd pony up for that.   :)

Sure, I'll do it! Wait, I think I'm coming down with something. Maybe next week.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 05, 2018, 02:44:24 PM
No. I'm just mixing it up. Besides, I'm doing you the courtesy of assuming you're actually female and ladies can't be fags...unless you're a dyke.  ;)

I appreciate it,  thanks.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 05, 2018, 02:45:19 PM
Sure, I'll do it! Wait, I think I'm coming down with something. Maybe next week.

Yeah, and the furnace needs fixin' too...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 05, 2018, 02:45:52 PM
I appreciate it,  thanks.

It made me think What if a woman identified as a gay man and so dated men? You'd never know.  :o ;D

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 05, 2018, 02:31:08 PM
Your mother.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 03, 2018, 02:15:50 PM
I wouldn't call it that. There are just more shit posters here than worthy posters now and it's boring. That's all.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 05, 2018, 02:48:01 PM
It made me think What if a woman identified as a gay man and so dated men? You'd never know.  :o ;D

Well, I usually identify as a carrot so that would be a step up.

Roswells, Art

Haha, oh, great. I wonder if rutabaga is taken.

Anyway they could be the reason she doesn't quit. People that subscribed and forgot about it and others who actually believe she keeps getting knocked out and will be back next week.