• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Star Trek: The Next Generation (STTNG)

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 07, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: area51drone on May 28, 2014, 07:41:15 PM
I met Levar Burton at an event my company held at the Star Trek experience in Vegas.  I shook his hand and thanked him for Reading Rainbow because it was a show I enjoyed as a child.   He looked at me like "thanks for making me feel so old" but he said thank you.
I met Levar this one time, at band camp, and he couldn't play an instrument to save his life.  But later, we were able to find out what he was good at.

bigchucka

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 30, 2014, 12:41:13 PM
Any word on how much of his cash he seeded this program with?

I'm thinking one of the big donations got you dinner with LeVar... and you got to try on his visor that he wore on the show.

Jackstar

QuoteProf Hanson's team showed for the first time that it was possible to teleport information encoded into sub-atomic particles between two points three metres apart with 100% reliability.

Huge news. Now, after this experiment's results are duplicated, verified, and subjected to peer review for about fifteen years, we'll only be behind the military by... let's see... carry the one... eighty-two years.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on May 30, 2014, 08:42:27 PM
Huge news. Now, after this experiment's results are duplicated, verified, and subjected to peer review for about fifteen years, we'll only be behind the military by... let's see... carry the one... eighty-two years.

LOL, probably right.

eddie dean

season 4 ep 8, called "Future Imperfect" is a great episode & interesting plot. My only complaint  was the cheesy rubber alien Halloween mask at the end. Come-on!   

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Imperfect

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

paladin1991

Quote from: missing transmission on July 23, 2014, 02:57:54 PM
Just in case you missed this on io9

The Most Outrageous Fashions of Star Trek: TNG Seasons 4 Through 7

of which these are the tip of the iceberg

Hmmmmm.  She has both Data's and my attention.

b_dubb

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 23, 2014, 03:26:14 PM
Yeah she is a looker.  Was she on Charles in Charge?  I can't believe there's a space in my brain where Charles in Charge data is stored.  I need to see a doctor about that.

Morgus

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 23, 2014, 03:26:14 PM
That was Tasha Yar's sister.

Zoo

Do you know Data has a penis? It is true. Season 1 Episode 2 and the movie First Contact. So why did Doctor Noonien Soong give Data a penis. Odd right!!1

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/06/30/overanalyzers-8-datas-dick/ 

cweb

Quote from: Zoo on July 24, 2014, 08:48:37 AM
Do you know Data has a penis? It is true. Season 1 Episode 2 and the movie First Contact. So why did Doctor Noonien Soong give Data a penis. Odd right!!1

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/06/30/overanalyzers-8-datas-dick/

In keeping with his reinforced skeleton, Data's penis is capable of lifting 300 pounds. And playing the piano, I hear.

paladin1991

Quote from: cweb on July 24, 2014, 10:06:06 AM
In keeping with his reinforced skeleton, Data's penis is capable of lifting 300 pounds. And playing the piano, I hear.
Tells jokes and spits on command.

cweb

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 24, 2014, 02:52:21 PM
Tells jokes and spits on command.
Heck, I'm still training mine to recite the Gettysburg Address. Or as I call it, the Gettysburg Undress.

Morgus

Yep, Data always said he was "fully functional" ;)

b_dubb

Data - the most sophisticated sex toy in the galaxy

*requires D batteries

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on July 25, 2014, 04:18:15 PM

Data - the most sophisticated sex toy in the galaxy

*requires D batteries

You don't wanna know where the batteries go.

Chaim

I'm in the middle of watching all seasons of TNG, might take a while though.
It is a nice show, but basically like Knight Rider - consists mostly of totally independent episodes and no real story spanning over the whole thing.
That is why I prefer Babylon 5 over TNG. It's got a fantastic story that develops from the start to the end of Season 4. Season 5 basically continues with the aftermath of this galactic fight which finds its conclusion in the books only.
http://youtu.be/BtrUhIuEqdY
In case you missed this epic SciFi story, get the full DVD set or something like that. Well worth it. The music is fantastic too.

Quote from: missing transmission on July 23, 2014, 02:57:54 PM

I remember that episode, circa 1990 or so.  I fell in love with that chick.  I never do that for actresses on screen.

jazmunda

Quote from: Chaim on August 01, 2014, 12:53:17 AM

In case you missed this epic SciFi story, get the full DVD set or something like that. Well worth it. The music is fantastic too.

I concur. B5 was a fantastic show. The books that completed the story were great too.

jazmunda

Geordi as a soul glow keyboard player in an 80s synth band.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 01, 2014, 01:35:27 AM
Geordi as a soul glow keyboard player in an 80s synth band.

Kinda looks like Eazy E

HumanBeing

Has anyone watched all of Star Trek TNG recently?
I'm planning on re-watching TNG over the next couple months.
I had watched it when it originally aired on tv but not since.

I hope I can get into it and enjoy it. I know there was some small story arcs in TNG but I don't recall if there was too many of them besides just recurring characters. They were more one-off episodes right?
Voyager, Deep Space Nine and Enterprise I have greater fondness for because of the more serialized episodes and adherence to a series, or at least a season, long story arc.
I re-watched Voyager and Enterprise during October and November of last year and I'm already kind of jonesin' to watch them again  ;D