• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

ShayP

This guest is really fun to listen to. LOL!   8)

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on May 08, 2016, 01:52:30 AM

He's cool.  Definitely good advice to not try smoking cigars w/ a 10-foot tall werewolf.

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2016, 01:55:37 AM
He's cool.  Definitely good advice to not try smoking cigars w/ a 10-foot tall werewolf.

LOL!  pragmatic.

Quote from: ShayP on May 08, 2016, 01:52:30 AM
He's great...doesn't seem like he's been on the circuit of all the shows.  He's not practiced and polished and sounding weary of telling the same stories over and over.

Quote from: ShayP on May 08, 2016, 01:38:38 AM
LOL!  Well, it seems you had a good time.  Speaking of Mexican Restaurants (cuisine in general), I had a powerful lust for tamales today.

Love tamales too.  I tend to order 2 tacos and a beef enchilada (combo #10) when I go the restaurant we frequent but every now and then I'll change it up and get a tamale instead of the enchilada.

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2016, 01:43:23 AM
Sounds awesome.  That's usually how I solve the savory vs. sweet breakfast conundrum.

Yeah, it is a nice t-bone too.  I always bring the bone back home to my dog who chews it down to a nub.

Man, the owls are really making some noises outside in my trees tonight.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on May 08, 2016, 12:24:58 AM
It is not?  ;) My theory is that the non-whites were so super advanced that they build everything and had crime-free, work-free, paradise societies where art, music, science, and ecology was perfected and the aliens dropped off some white folks and said, reverse this! Because, obviously, the history, even current situation in non-white areas and countries show how succesful and advanced they are; free of crime, corruption, genocide, disease, and paragons of infrastructure and uncorruptable political systems. I think the Annuaki had Mugabe, Rwanda, or even Mexico as their model.  ;)
ps: I love your calls. Call in. It is racist.
+1

Dave Schrader has been peeking in and checking the posts tonight.   You did a great job, good Dave, and you know what I'm going to do. I'm starting a thread for your regular gig.  If you want to post the upcoming guests on it, that is fine with me.  If not,  I'll do it as soon as I know who is on.  Of course, I'll miss some nights but maybe someone else can take up the slack.  The show has not been represented properly on Bellgab and I aim to fix it.  :) ;)

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2016, 03:10:18 AM
Dave Schrader has been peeking in and checking the posts tonight.   You did a great job, good Dave, and you know what I'm going to do. I'm starting a thread for your regular gig.  If you want to post the upcoming guests on it, that is fine with me.  If not,  I'll do it as soon as I know who is on.  Of course, I'll miss some nights but maybe someone else can take up the slack.  The show has not been represented properly on Bellgab and I aim to fix it.  :) ;)
that's a great idea. I think Dave is the best weekend host.

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on May 08, 2016, 03:26:26 AM
that's a great idea. I think Dave is the best weekend host.

This.

Going back through the archives of his regular show, anxious to dive in.

TigerLily

Great show last night from vampires to dogmen. The last story about the stalking dogman was my favorite, I think. But everyone boating to the Wal-Mart and stuck inside because of the banshee was a great visual.
Haven't been kept up all night by a great show since last weekend with good Dave

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2016, 02:09:39 AM
Love tamales too.  I tend to order 2 tacos and a beef enchilada (combo #10) when I go the restaurant we frequent but every now and then I'll change it up and get a tamale instead of the enchilada.
I love tamales- one of the few benefits of living in state with lots of Hispanics, legal or not, is good tamales, and Tex-Mex/Mexican food in general, especially around Christmas when there are home-made ones available everywhere. But even year round in restaurants. There is a small shack-like place in small town near the lake house that makes them year round and are cheap. Which President was it? Ford, I recall? Someone was visiting and was served tamales and he tried to each the husk. Haha. On the down side this kind of food is pretty unhealthy, but tastes so good (likely because of that.)

Nebraska888

Sounds like a good Sunday night with Dave S!  Looking forward to it!

weeberwubber

Quote from: Étouffée on May 08, 2016, 01:20:05 AM
The guest earlier referred to "drinking a couple of Hand Grenades on Bourbon Street".  Here's what one looks like.  They will knock you out, even if the Vampires and Haints don't!

Oh man I got drunk just looking at that pic. That drink has defeated me in the past. A+ would make same mistake again.

Nebraska888

Quote from: TigerLily on May 08, 2016, 10:14:18 AM
Great show last night from vampires to dogmen. The last story about the stalking dogman was my favorite, I think. But everyone boating to the Wal-Mart and stuck inside because of the banshee was a great visual.
Haven't been kept up all night by a great show since last weekend with good Dave

Yep!

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 08, 2016, 09:17:07 PM
Sounds like a good Sunday night with Dave S!  Looking forward to it!

Well it's not Knapp, so I can't break out the good scotch.  But it's not Noory, so I gotta do better than generic tequila from a plastic bottle.  So I guess I'll go with a nice respectable Pac. Northwest cabernet.  Enjoy the show tonite.

lurkernerge

aw yeah, double schrade weekend.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2016, 09:53:49 PM
Well it's not Knapp, so I can't break out the good scotch.  But it's not Noory, so I gotta do better than generic tequila from a plastic bottle.  So I guess I'll go with a nice respectable Pac. Northwest cabernet.  Enjoy the show tonite.

I am with you, Zeeb!

TigerLily

I'm not an oenophile so not sure it's up to zeebo's standards but it's a nice photo.  Cheers

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on May 08, 2016, 11:31:22 PM
I'm not an oenophile so not sure it's up to zeebo's standards but it's a nice photo.  Cheers

Always wise to have that spare bottle.   :D 

TigerLily

FYI Schraderistas. There's a shiny new thread for Darkness Radio weeknight show over on Talk Radio/Podcasts

Darkness Radio aka Darkness On The Edge Of Town with Dave Schrader & Tim Dennis
« on: Yesterday at 04:27:01 AM »
It is far past time to put up a thread for good Dave's regular show.  I will try to get show info up on a regular basis.  Let us have a discussion about it.

Show is on Monday-Friday between 9 PM and 12 AM  CDT.

Link to Listen:

http://www.iheart.com/live/news-talk-am-1130-1213/?autoplay=true&pname=3359&campid=play_bar&cid=index.html

trostol

i am missing out..catching up on sunday night shows and now bingeing Silicon Valley

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2016, 09:53:49 PM
Oregon is building a good wine reputation I understand

Quote from: TigerLily on May 06, 2016, 09:29:13 AM
Good Dave this weekend  :) Saturday night show looks especially good

Date:   Saturday - May 7, 2016
Host:   Dave Schrader
Guests:   Dark Waters
Paranormal researcher and story teller, Dark Waters, joins Dave Schrader (email) for the full program, to discuss mysterious encounters of the South - Dogmen, witches, vampires, banshee, Black-Eyed Kids, ghosts, and the memories of Edward Lockett III, whose family had multiple encounters with Dogmen in the 1940's that led to them being forced to leave their home.

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 5/13/96, when Art replayed a Dreamland report from Linda Moulton Howe regarding the infamous "Art's Parts"-- pieces supposedly from the wreckage of the Roswell UFO crash of 1947.
==========================================
'Allo!
with you am i yet,perforce.
As my KKanukkistani friend says,
"i'd ignore your cultural krapparoney,excpt usa is the only tee-vee i can get here"
i was hopeing mr.no-name drama gumbo-gris-gris guy would use a name,or at least have some documentation for his tales of the bayeu k9 entity.
it seemed like promotional teases for an new reality-tv show linked to mr.shrader,whom seems above this level of shilling.
The franco-'Murrkin flavour somehow missed the Quebocois documentation now off-web from an few years ago about the loup-garu monster cryptid with the body of an heracles and head of an mandrill:
"Beast of Seven Chutes"...
Mebbe you all could find an series of photo-analyses in old archives or magazines.
it's 1000% more convinceing than mr.gumbo-4-brains' shpiel..
"B_B"
PS:I'm not dissin' the episode or shrader & guest,yust expected more back story or documentation...

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on May 08, 2016, 11:41:31 PM
Oregon is building a good wine reputation I understand

Yep can't let Washington have all the fun.   :)

Juan Cena

King Arthur stuff interesting. Avoiding a lot of the pseudo-history schlock .

Atlantis in the Carribran next hour. Wonder if the Atlanteans end up being Caucasians.

zeebo

Feels like they've added even more commercials to c2c.   :-\

Juan Cena

Quote from: zeebo on May 09, 2016, 12:40:48 AM
Feels like they've added even more commercials to c2c.   :-\

Can't have the fill-ins have too much air time, y'all.