• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Glenn Beck

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, April 14, 2009, 05:18:15 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on March 01, 2011, 12:44:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!
For those unfamiliar with Beck caliphate theory, Beck believes that the fall of President Hosni Mubarak, who has ruled the country as a dictator for 30 years, will lead the election of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.  Other experts have pointed out that the Muslim Brotherhood does not have majority support in Egypt, but needless to say Beck disagrees.  The fall of Egypt, under Beck's theory, will then lead to the fall of every other nation in the Middle East along with India, Australia, Portugal, Spain, France, and even the United Kingdom.  These countries will all be united under a Islamic leader called a "caliph" and eventually this caliphate will rule over America as well.  Under Beck's conspiracy theory, the fall of Egypt which eventually endanger the way of life for every small town American.

What?  Why is it that I so love hearing people rant this type of smack?  So entertaining!  Boy, I really need to get a dang ol' TV.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on March 01, 2011, 12:44:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

(for more delicious articles just google "beck backlash")

Conservatives Turn Against Glenn Beck Over Caliphate Conspiracy

Over the past 18 months Glenn Beck has become something akin to the Rush Limbaugh of television.  Like Limbaugh, many conservatives and Republicans likely disagree with much of Beck’s harsh rhetoric and ultra-conservative positions.  However, few, if any, are willing to speak out against the two men for fear of the backlash that may result. 
it's hard to bring myself to finish this article because the opening paragraph is rooted in fantasy.  the only conservative republicans who fear speaking out against rush are elitist country-club blue-blood mccain types who fear loss of power and influence.  the run of the mill average joe conservative republican is generally very supportive of rush and cheers as he attacks "republicans" like john mccain, lindsey graham, and charlie crist.  this paragraph appears to have been written by someone who has no business commenting on the state of conservative politics because what's been written here is a hope/wish rather than a reflection of reality.  i mean... ok... i get the whole "beck is crazy" thing... but this writer totally misses the mark in evaluating the conservative base's perception of rush.  if there IS a backlash against "republican" politicians/elitists who fall out of favor with rush, ask yourself why.

anagrammy

Yippee!  Diane Sawyer just said it so it must be true.  Fox has announced the Beckster is too radical for them!

Hahahahah

The power of CoastGab....;)

Anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on February 23, 2011, 05:49:46 PM
the tea party movement is not a "conservative" movement.  it is a libertarian movement.

Yep -  first Tea Party rally was for Ron Paul when he was running for President during the last Presidential election.

The current "tea party" seems to be libertarian types PLUS the regular Repub types who are trying to coattail onto the "movement" and who did everything they could to hamper Ron Paul's campaign back in 2007-2008.*

*Including Glenn Beck, who did an entire TV show about how Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists. The bastard.

Scully

Quote from: JustOneFix on February 23, 2011, 02:19:35 PM
As for Glenn Beck- he's annoying. Just another talking head.  Reminds me of an alky emo boy.
quote]

If this is the latest nomenclature for "dry drunk," you've echoed what I've been saying all along.

Eddie Coyle

Beck is burning himself out. Even the right wingers are getting fed up with this glorified Morning Zoo host with messianic complex. It's amusing to watch him melt down pubicly, his rise and fall reminds me of the Morton Downey Jr rollercoaster ride of 1987-1989, from a long suffering nobody to a somebody back to a nobody. His doom and gloom fixations are so blatantly transparent. Much like Ed Dames' endless scams, if the world is going to end, why the hell does he need you to give him money?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 999 on April 06, 2011, 07:32:09 PM

Yep -  first Tea Party rally was for Ron Paul when he was running for President during the last Presidential election.

The current "tea party" seems to be libertarian types PLUS the regular Repub types who are trying to coattail onto the "movement" and who did everything they could to hamper Ron Paul's campaign back in 2007-2008.*

*Including Glenn Beck, who did an entire TV show about how Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists. The bastard.
finally, someone who sees the same reality as i.

Eddie Coyle

What Beck  did to Ron Paul in 2007-08 was nothing short of repulsive. But the attacks on him were driven primarily by one issue(and still is) and that's US Middle East policy, our dealings with Israel in particular. Beck is practically a Likud member at this point.

Blind loyalty to Israel unites the "liberal" left and "conservative" right in this country...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 21, 2011, 06:00:44 PM

Blind loyalty to Israel unites the "liberal" left and "conservative" right in this country...

you really think so?  the left seems staunchly anti israel, to me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Michael V. on April 21, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
you really think so?  the left seems staunchly anti israel, to me.

The Democratic presidents have been traditionally strongly pro-Israel from Truman to Clinton(Carter being the exception and gets called a "Jew hater" for it) Obama...jury is still out,IMO, but he seems to be like Carter. In terms of Congress, to call them "philo-Semitic" is an understatement, whatever Israel wants it generally gets from lawmakers left and right. There are quite a few books on "The Lobby" that verify this.

The "hard" left is anti-Israel, but the mainstream left, largely because many are Jewish, are very supportive of Israel(and understandably so). Matter of fact, it's often a point of contention in liberal circles and has been since 1967-it's the soft underbelly of liberalism. It's always fun to see Israel supporters like Bill Maher and Al Franken flip out on fellow lefties on this issue...

As far as Glenn Beck goes...I feel his knowledge of Middle East is no different than it is on other world affairs,it's sciolistic at best. His views are shaped from propaganda and he parrots these "facts". Zero depth...he should go back to honking horns and playing "Break My Stride" and "I Want A New Drug"

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 21, 2011, 06:00:44 PM
       What Beck  did to Ron Paul in 2007-08 was nothing short of repulsive. But the attacks on him were driven primarily by one issue(and still is) and that's US Middle East policy, our dealings with Israel in particular. Beck is practically a Likud member at this point.

You could not be more spot on. Our Israel-centric Mideast policy is supported enthusiastically by the policy shapers on both sides. For a liberal example in the Obama Administration, one need look no further than the former Obama chief of staff and Israeli Defence Force contractor Rahm Emanuel. Obama's continuation and strengthening of the Bush Administration's mideast policy provides further proof of this critical link between the "parties".

QuoteThe "hard" left is anti-Israel,

...as is the "hard" right. Look at Pat Buchanan, who tailors himself as a "paleo-conservative". He is highly critical of blind allegiance to Israel, and is never afraid to point out how this allegiance has been to the detriment of the US in the long term.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Jackpine Savage on May 14, 2011, 10:56:13 PM

...as is the "hard" right. Look at Pat Buchanan, who tailors himself as a "paleo-conservative". He is highly critical of blind allegiance to Israel, and is never afraid to point out how this allegiance has been to the detriment of the US in the long term.

And that's a major reason why Buchanan and his followers are smeared as "Jew Haters"(I try not to use that misnomer "anti-Semite") and basically labeled as fascists by usual suspects. And when Buchanan won the NH primary in 2/92, the knives really came out,especially by fellow "conservatives",like the fraud William F Buckley.

I laugh at those who label Obama an "Israel hater". Obama hails from Illinois, where AIPAC's impact and influence is legendary. Guys like Charles Percy,Paul Findley and Adlai Stevenson III lost their seats for not being in line with AIPAC...AIPAC backed Dick Durbin,Paul Simon(David Axelrod being a major player) and of course the IDF volunteer Rahm Emanuel(who NEVER served in the United State military!)  You don't get elected in Illinois without performing deep analingus on AIPAC.

b_dubb

i'll only be happy when "Glenn Beck dropped by NYC's WOR" can be shortened to "Glenn Beck dropped"

aldousburbank

Why does this anagram seem like a joke: from http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2011/06/30/beck_has_last_fox_news_channel_show/ 

Beck is setting up his own Internet network, GBTV, and will begin streaming a two-hour live show there in September.

It screams for an alternative liberal version, if only to apply the L at the beginning, yes?

Added:  Oops, meant acronym.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 30, 2011, 11:25:35 AM
Why does this anagram seem like a joke: from http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2011/06/30/beck_has_last_fox_news_channel_show/ 

Beck is setting up his own Internet network, GBTV, and will begin streaming a two-hour live show there in September.

It screams for an alternative liberal version, if only to apply the L at the beginning, yes?

Beck's show is actually gayer than anything the LGBT crowd can serve up...

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 30, 2011, 11:44:58 AM
    Beck's show is actually gayer than anything the LGBT crowd can serve up...

L O FUCKING L

rangers1919

Quote from: 999 on April 06, 2011, 07:32:09 PM

No, the Tea Party is a conservative group, and has been from the very beginning. Look for the earliest sizable poll of their members from the New York Times/CBS, they are not libertarians, nor do they like Ron Paul. They had a favorable rating of around 66% for Bush, they had a favorable rating for Paul of about 33%. He was not viewed favorably by the vast majority of the group. Also there have been recent longer running studies which have shown that the primary predictor of a person being a Tea Party member is their affiliation w/ the conservative wing of the Republican Party, and their religiosity.

They are nothing but people who were hardcore Bush followers and wanted to change their appearance.

It is ridiculous to try to say Beck is not really right wing, and to play it off like he is either left or right leaning. Beck is a hardcore right winger from the fascist or theocratic segments of the conservative population. His entire show is bashing the left, including fear mongering his right wing lunatic followers into trying to kill multiple members of the left. The right tries to act like every insane member of their ideology is first a liberal, and if that doesn't work just a non-partisan lunatic. CNN hired Beck because they wanted to draw conservative viewers, they fired him because he was a liability. Fox hired him because he is a conservative. It's absolutely ridiculous to state he is something else.

Scully

Quote from: rangers1919 on September 01, 2011, 10:57:34 PM
... It is ridiculous to try to say Beck is not really right wing, and to play it off like he is either left or right leaning. Beck is a hardcore right winger from the fascist or theocratic segments of the conservative population. His entire show is bashing the left, including fear mongering his right wing lunatic followers into trying to kill multiple members of the left. The right tries to act like every insane member of their ideology is first a liberal, and if that doesn't work just a non-partisan lunatic. CNN hired Beck because they wanted to draw conservative viewers, they fired him because he was a liability. Fox hired him because he is a conservative. It's absolutely ridiculous to state he is something else.

Totally agree with you.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Scully on September 03, 2011, 11:41:24 PM

Totally agree with you.
I respect your opinion, Scully, but with Beck, I think he's insane. I think that Beck pretends to be a conservative to make money, because conservatives spend big bucks on books and other loot that is worthless (how about just vote for a real conservative instead of buying flags made in China?).

Glenn Beck is not conservative in my opinion because 1. he supported the bailouts. Anyone who did that is no longer conservative in my eyes. 2. he supports the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He's therefore a neoconservative piece of scum.

I want someone who puts America first, second, and third both in my media and politics. I can't stand people who are wishy washy. I can respect a liberal, even when I disagree, so long as he or she is consistent and steadfast in his or her beliefs. The lack of either is a reason no one respects Obama, his own party included.

SawPuppet

Well if he is not a conservative he sure has me fooled. He is TOTALLY against government taking us cradle-to-grave and bailing us out of every crisis. He preaches accountability. He is 100% PRO-Israel. I watch MSNBC and CNN and FOX and Beck is one of the most consistent among the hosts regarding political labels. The only dent I have heard from him recently is he has been reporting on citizens that get arrested for videotaping police activity and most conservatives would ignore such stories. What I totally DISLIKE about him is -and like Howard Stern before him a decade ago or so- he thinks his fans SHOULD spend money to access his network now while talking about how bad the economy is all the time. (Of course Howard went into sat radio and Beck can still be heard free but the tv show is now on his own website and NOT free.)

Scully

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 04, 2011, 03:02:34 PM
I respect your opinion, Scully, but with Beck, I think he's insane. I think that Beck pretends to be a conservative to make money, because conservatives spend big bucks on books and other loot that is worthless (how about just vote for a real conservative instead of buying flags made in China?).

Glenn Beck is not conservative in my opinion because 1. he supported the bailouts. Anyone who did that is no longer conservative in my eyes. 2. he supports the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He's therefore a neoconservative piece of scum.

I want someone who puts America first, second, and third both in my media and politics. I can't stand people who are wishy washy. I can respect a liberal, even when I disagree, so long as he or she is consistent and steadfast in his or her beliefs. The lack of either is a reason no one respects Obama, his own party included.

I respect your opinion, too, FG.  But ... (you knew that "but" was coming) ... even if an insane person just plays a conservative on tv, people see them as what they project.

I'm no poly-sci major, but I think there's room for individuality within a general framework of political belief systems.  For instance, I consider myself a liberal for many reasons, but I hate the continuing wars we're fighting. I'm a very fiscally conservative individual, but I believe in spending enough to keep our citizens comfortable and off the streets no matter how dissipated they are. I supported the bailouts, not because I love the fat cats, but because I believe this country would have died with them if we had not stopped the bleeding at that moment in time.

Being wishy-washy, to me, is not when someone has eclectic political views, but rather it's when people who listen to Glen Beck buy the goods he's selling simply because they heard him on the radio or tv.

I think you and I agree that Beck is despicable because he's a media whore.

As for President Obama, I still respect him immensely for his character and for his intelligence.  Perhaps I'm wrong.

slipstream

Beck is starting to grow on me.   I like how he discusses actual American history, and not that water-downed nonsense I learned in school.

onan

Quote from: slipstream on July 18, 2012, 03:01:34 PM
Beck is starting to grow on me.   I like how he discusses actual American history, and not that water-downed nonsense I learned in school.

When beck speaks of history, do yourself a favor and research his "facts".

analog kid

Quote from: Sardondi on July 19, 2012, 10:00:42 PM
Beck is a populist.

Except the elite he's railing against is usually a phantom.

Ipokesmot

Beck is a joke.. just another so-called "christian" kissing the ass of Israel.  I've always said, if you love another country so much, MOVE THERE!.

coaster

I listened to him back in the day. I lost interest with the whole "crying for America" schtick. Hes a twat like the rest of them.  :'( :'(