• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

WAMC Northeast Public Radio and Alan Shartock

Started by henge0stone, August 20, 2016, 08:37:48 AM

henge0stone

Anyone else a huge NPR fan but unfortunately live in the northeast and have to hear the cunt Alan Shartock every fuckin day? NPR has some awesome shows, Morning Edition, All things considered (depends on the stories but usually pretty good), Radiolab, TED radio hour, Fresh Air, The Moth ex.

Unfortunately a huge block of the workday is filled with crappy local programs roundtable(rosemay is ultimate Hillary shill),voxpop ect. which all have Shartock sticking his face in everything.

Now I gotta say I don't really disagree with Shartock that much politically that much we both voted for Bernie but once I learned that he was the president of the station and not just some random commentator (the ONLY political commentator on usually) it becomes clear just how bias his station is and how everything plays to his point of view. Every morning he basically says republicans are evil kucks and are the problem with everything in America. I don't like the Republicans or the Democrats but who cares about your opinion? Your suppose to be non bias and he doesn't even try. If you want to be a political commentator fine but at least have someone on who disagrees with you and will tell the other side (which he rarely does). Everyone on the roundtable has the same opinion about everything basically.

Like most of the media he hates trump. I don't like trump and would never vote for him but I like a nonbias media which is not at all what we have this election. Bernie's huge crowds were ignored because the media was for clinton so its not just a left bias its a elitist left bias. Shartock may be the most annoying on Trump, constantly insinuating that trump WILL become a dictator. Just fuck off already and try and have some balance in your programs.

henge0stone

One awesome show produced by WAMC is the podcast Listen with the Lights on, a paranormal show that is very well done about local lore. But of course it literally is NEVER on. Looked for it in all the schedules nothing. fuck shartock.