• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150803 - Stephen Bassett/Merrill Cook - Disclosure - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 03, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

Dr Who

If what Mr Bassett says is true then there is an understandable reason for him not appearing with Art yesterday no doubt the future will unfold the truth.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr Who on August 05, 2015, 02:22:29 AM
If what Mr Bassett says is true then there is an understandable reason for him not appearing with Art yesterday no doubt the future will unfold the truth.

Clearly Bassett has more to lose than Art in such a situation. Art can find any number of UFO hucksters to fill three hours on his show, but for Bassett there is only one Art Bell.  If Bassett shows up on a future MITD program, then this episode can be written off as an unfortunate misunderstanding with no finger pointing.  If Bassett does not appear down the road, then we draw our own conclusions.....

nika01

Quote from: Spinner on August 04, 2015, 10:12:03 PM

If you are the real Stephen Basset, thank you for coming here to tell us what happened. Have you contacted Art directly to explain it to him?

It is the real guy alright. There is a need for clarification, and at this point, a joint statement would clear it up Silence only promotes wild speculation and wrong ideas. I am glad Art put his side in writing and Steven put his side in writing. They obviously are different versions of the same event. Personally, I believe both of them, so there is a missing piece. Hopefully that will be revealed. It does serve a purpose to do this, namely faith in the people we are hearing.

Jackstar

At 7:41 on the replay of this show available from the archive, Art begins to say, "we're going to attempt to get to, uh, Stephen Basset. Now, I'm not sure we're going to make, for some reason he..."

At the exact moment Art says "for some reason," some smooth jazz music starts playing in the background. And I mean smooth jazz.

I can't tell if Art can hear the music or not. It fades out pretty quickly.

Jackstar

Quote from: SteveBassett on August 04, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
Some clarification for the record. [...] I would never stand up Art Bell. There was a Skype issue. I fixed the problem and was ready to go at 12:07. Art's new producer got a bit flustered. I sat waiting for thirty minutes to go on. I was told I would be Skype called and not to call in, but I have no record on my Skype for any missed calls. Only after I recalled the producer was I told I would not be on. It is possible Art had the wrong Skype handle.

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:04:59 PM
It is a VERY big mystery. I get to the Studio a Hour ahead of time, I saw a invite on Skype from Bassett, so I accepted and his was Orange (away) so I figured he was set and just waiting, I started calling him at 8:50 again and again, by 8:55 I started calling his Emergency back up number several times and got only voice mail. By 9:20 I went to break having waited as long as I could. At that point I had no choice but to go to open lines.[...] So I still have no clue what happened to Bassett, it's like he just wasn't there. He also never tried to Skype or call me. Weird. [...] nobody seems to know why he never at least answered his back up line????

Auslandia

Technology...

My mother in law still can't figure out Skype.

Morgus

Even if the Skype had some hardware issue, what about the emergency backup number Art tried to reach Stephen Bassett?
Why didn't he pickup that emergency phone call if he was waiting there at the time?

nika01

Quote from: Morgus on August 05, 2015, 04:44:09 PM
Even if the Skype had some hardware issue, what about the emergency backup number Art tried to reach Stephen Bassett?
Why didn't he pickup that emergency phone call if he was waiting there at the time?

What we need is full Disclosure. We arent getting that now

The General

There was a Skype issue. I fixed the problem and was ready to go at 12:07.

So then you admit, it was your fault.
12:07 is not 11:50.

Art's new producer got a bit flustered.

I think anyone would be flustered about a no-show guest. 
It's a cheap shot to blame her for your Skype ineptitude.

I sat waiting for thirty minutes to go on.

After 12:07?

That said, I regret the foul up and apologize to Art and his listeners for the missed interview. Hopefully, another segment can be scheduled for the near future

At least there's that.

starrmtn001

Mr. bAssett.  You owe "The Producer" a public apology for inferring she had anything to do with your absence! >:(

Jackstar

Quote from: The General on August 05, 2015, 05:16:52 PM
I think anyone would be flustered about a no-show guest. 
It's a cheap shot to blame her for your Skype ineptitude.

Forget the cheap shots (for now.) Bassett says that he spoke to "Art's new producer." Art posted previous to that that Art's new producer didn't speak to Bassett. Or... did he?

All I know for sure is that if the information provided thus far is supposed to be "sufficient," it is not.

aldousburbank

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 05, 2015, 05:22:13 PM
Mr. bAssett.  You owe "The Producer" a public apology for inferring she had anything to do with your absence! >:(
Yes!

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on August 05, 2015, 07:14:03 AM
At 7:41 on the replay of this show available from the archive, Art begins to say, "we're going to attempt to get to, uh, Stephen Basset. Now, I'm not sure we're going to make, for some reason he..."

At the exact moment Art says "for some reason," some smooth jazz music starts playing in the background. And I mean smooth jazz.

I can't tell if Art can hear the music or not. It fades out pretty quickly.

Quote from: ItsOver on August 05, 2015, 06:00:35 PM
One strange situation.

Quote from: LadyFish on August 05, 2015, 07:10:54 PM
MV-

Is the BellGabber that signed up last night with the name SteveBassett the real Stephen Bassett that was supposed to be on Art's show Monday or it is an imposter?

I just find it odd that the real one would post his reason for missing the show on Bellgab rather than on Art's website or Art's Facebook page.

Thanks

Jackstar

"Do I have everything done that I was supposed to do? I think so."

Okay, well, whatever.

b_dubb

Some clarification for the record. I did not cancel my appearance with Art Bell on Midnight in the Desert on Monday evening. Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell was the first talk show I interviewed with back in early 1997 - one of a couple dozen I did during his tenure. I would never stand up Art Bell. There was a Skype issue. I fixed the problem and was ready to go at 12:07. Art's new producer got a bit flustered. I sat waiting for thirty minutes to go on. I was told I would be Skype called and not to call in, but I have no record on my Skype for any missed calls. Only after I recalled the producer was I told I would not be on. It is possible Art had the wrong Skype handle. Let's face it, the Internet is not like making a phone call in 1970 - a lot of complex technology and computers on each end..........That said, I regret the foul up and apologize to Art and his listeners for the missed interview. Hopefully, another segment can be scheduled for the near future
I blame Skype. It's been mangled by Microsoft. I understand Art and his producer were frantically calling your Skype and your backup numbers. Technology is great when it works. But it's also complicated. And if you forget to charge your phone or your wifi goes down because your neighbor is making popcorn for movie night then you might as well be using smoke signals.

Hope to hear you on MITD in the near future. Always enjoy what you have to say.

Quote from: b_dubb on August 05, 2015, 10:38:30 PM
I blame Skype. It's been mangled by Microsoft. I understand Art and his producer were frantically calling your Skype and your backup numbers. Technology is great when it works. But it's also complicated. And if you forget to charge your phone or your wifi goes down because your neighbor is making popcorn for movie night then you might as well be using smoke signals.

Hope to hear you on MITD in the near future. Always enjoy what you have to say.

I second that, when microsoft got involved many felt that was the death knell of Skype more or less, it would become as buggy as a fully updated windows box basically!

SteveBassett

Ok. One more attempt at clarification. I checked my system record and have concluded:
1) My computer locked up just prior to 12 midnight.  Mild panic. I rebooted. It takes some time for my computer to reboot. Why? It's got a lot of stuff on it.
2) After the reboot I tried to reboot Skype. It wasn't happening. Spinning away. Later I checked my system record and figured out my McAfee security program just happened to start running a full system scan right around midnight. More panic.
3) I had put my cell phone on airplane mode so as not be interrupted during the show, and in my somewhat agitated state forgot I had done that.
4) I got Skpye up and called the producer at 12:06. She answered. From that point I was in her hands. There was some confusion. I was on line. She said I wasn't. Had to be. We were communicating. Whatever.
5) I waited quite awhile for an incoming Skype call, but it did not come. Eventually I recalled the producer and was told the show had gone to open lines.
6) The Skype record is attached.
S**t happens. You do your best, apologize and move on.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SteveBassett on August 10, 2015, 04:45:02 PM
Ok. One more attempt at clarification. I checked my system record and have concluded:
1) My computer locked up just prior to 12 midnight.  Mild panic. I rebooted. It takes some time for my computer to reboot. Why? It's got a lot of stuff on it.
2) After the reboot I tried to reboot Skype. It wasn't happening. Spinning away. Later I checked my system record and figured out my McAfee security program just happened to start running a full system scan right around midnight. More panic.
3) I had put my cell phone on airplane mode so as not be interrupted during the show, and in my somewhat agitated state forgot I had done that.
4) I got Skpye up and called the producer at 12:06. She answered. From that point I was in her hands. There was some confusion. I was on line. She said I wasn't. Had to be. We were communicating. Whatever.
5) I waited quite awhile for an incoming Skype call, but it did not come. Eventually I recalled the producer and was told the show had gone to open lines.

Hi.  I removed the screenshot attachment because I thought it might be a bad idea to include Heather's Skype info.  You could repost the image without her skype info, if you like.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on August 10, 2015, 05:57:08 PM
Hi.  I removed the screenshot attachment because I thought it might be a bad idea to include Heather's Skype info.  You could repost the image without her skype info, if you like.

Stephen, sorry, I'm a dummy.  Looks like I removed your attachment after you had already made the adjustments.  I suck.  Please post the screenshot again if you like.  Sorry about that.

SteveBassett

11angeleyes11

I have listened to Mr. Basset on both Coast and Art for years and have found him to be a very strong advocate for his cause, disclosure. I did not listen that night to Art because of my schedule, but I know that in any endeavor there can be miscommunications.  I see here that Mr. Bassett has made several attempts to even present evidence that he did not "blow off" the show.

Is it possible that we can simply reschedule the show with Merrill Cook and let him be interviewed by Art? 

Maybe an alien would step in and mediate the cause?  I think with the attachment that Mr. Bassett is presenting "full disclosure" on his end.  I would enjoy hearing him interviewed by Art, just please make in  happen and move on.

Jackstar

Quote from: SteveBassett on August 10, 2015, 07:31:58 PM
She answered. From that point I was in her hands. There was some confusion. I was on line. She said I wasn't. Had to be. We were communicating. Whatever.