• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

michio

Quote from: oracle on January 08, 2012, 08:23:46 PM
The problem with Coast isn't just George. The guest selection (which I don't think George has anything to do with) and is sub-par and the call screeners only let through people who have nothing interesting to say.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  It  might be somewhat true with the main guests, but Noory is too much of a control freak to give up the C2CAM reins.  You should give him more credit as a con man.  Tonight he had on Robert Felix, the mini ice-age cat AGAIN to AGAIN quickly dispel a science story that Noory didn't approve of.  He's assembled a crack team of BS artists to come to his aid when required to promptly distort reality and prove to the world that Noory is never wrong. I call these regularly appearing people, George's Angels, who are at his beck and call in an instant.  He has to have a hand picking these people, because this fits perfectly into his normal egotistical "my opinions make the best truth" twist on a news story to dumb it down to match his IQ, and as a public service for the 'hard of thinking' Nooryites. Felix was the dependable go-to man tonight. Tomorrow he'll pick another George's Angel to put the spin on another news headline. How the hell Noory could ever consider himself a reputable and objective news person is beyond my comprehension.

MDL5676

This is my first post here, so first of all hello to all of you... Second, I was so happy to find this site and realize that I was far from (apparently VERY far from) being alone in my opinion of George Noory being a boring, unintelligent, disingenuous, boorish, narcissistic, and borderline sociopath man that is also a compulsive liar and fraud... His complete ineptitude and the maladroit way he comes across when doing an interview or trying to hold his in any kind of intellectual or meaningful conversation is just plain pathetic. I honestly have NO IDEA how he 1) Got the job in the first place and 2) Has not only managed to keep his job but continue to get contract extension after contract extension. I mean he puts in ZERO EFFORT and has ZERO INTEREST in any of the subjects that are discussed on C2C (unless they involve little children or animals dying brutal/horrific deaths, demons/angels, the impending end of the world/Armageddon, and/or any "alternative" forms of medicine being propagated by slick snakeoil salesmen that require/strongly encourage you to ignore what your current doctor has told you and stop using any methods or forms of treatment that have been medically proven to actually work and instead heal yourself with baking soda, turmeric powder, the "power of your mind" or whatever else the next quack George has on the show tries to sell by taking advantage of people that are seriously ill and desperate to try anything that might help...
Whew!! Sorry about the rant but I feel much better now, so let me get back to my original reason  posting this comment, which is to thank you for having a forum full of so many obviously highly intelligent people with such great senses of humor... The witty and intelligent banter and repartee I have seen on display in previous posts has had me literally laughing out loud on quite a few occasions... You guys have a great and entertaining forum here that gives all of us "haters" a place to get together to vent and make fun of the waste of sperm and zygote also known as George Ralph Noory... And I guess that's what they mean when they say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Fate gave us George but you have given us this... Kudos and cheers and keep up the good work guys.     
make lemonade             

valdez

Quote from: MDL5676 on January 10, 2012, 04:54:15 AM
This is my first post here, so first of all hello to all of you...

Welcome to the pleasure dome.  Great post.  If you were listening tonight you heard Robert Felix tell us we are in an ice age (jeez, get it straight people), Catherine Austin Fitts talking about whatever she talks about, Nora Gedgaudas talk about anxiety ("people are feeling weird, how come?"), and the lovable James Vann Praagh talking about dead people.  No original or insightful questions from George, and none were expected, but didn't George just have someone very close die?  Would it have been out of line to go there?  I don't think it was even addressed.  How could George dig his nose in the index cards with such a huge elephant in the room?  Maybe it would have been tacky.  Maybe it would have been great.

stevesh

And did you hear Simple George's story about his near-kidnapping in Mexico ? As usual, i call bullshit - it sure sounded like another one of his lies.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: stevesh on January 10, 2012, 09:54:51 AM
And did you hear Simple George's story about his near-kidnapping in Mexico ? As usual, i call bullshit - it sure sounded like another one of his lies.
No, I am sure he was telling the truth.  Maybe the four Coast Compadres (Punnett, Wells, Simone and Knapp) did have it staged.  DAD was going to get an extended stay in Mehico. 

WOTR

Quote from: stevesh on January 10, 2012, 09:54:51 AM
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who had heard that.  As I recall, the hotel called the taxi and the driver was dodgy.  I might have believed the story if it were not for the fact that the hotels are not going to call taxi services that kill their guests.

The driver was talking Spanish on a walkie talkie of some sort (probably to disptach) and the car broke down (unheard of in Mexico, where they keep all cars in A-1 mechanical shape.)  4 Cars pulled up (probably at a stop light) but George had unloaded his luggage from the back and exited out the front past the driver when his handle busted off (this gives some idea of the amount of time that passed and the fact the driver didn't try to keep him in the back.  He then picked the one car that was not connected to the scheme and made his get away to the airport (apparently the driver of the taxi and the driver and passengers of the 4 other cars were going to do him harm in public where they pretended the taxi broke down, but not once George knocked on somebody's window and asked in his broken Spanish for a ride...)  No mention of having reported this scam to the hotel or police to prevent the next dupe from being killed.

Later we hear that George was not scared in the least, but he wishes he had the permit for concealed carry like he does in the states.  According to him, it helps him feel safer considering some of the place he goes (the idea being that he must hang out in gang country at 2:00AM, probably for the show and his investigative style of reporting.)  Personally, I believe it helps him feel like a bigger man when he gets to show it off when it "accidentally" drops in front of members at his country club when he is changing for the next round of golf.  "Huh?  What?  That, oh yeah... that.  Well, I need to keep it with me to protect me from the many fans that I have.  Premiere recognizes my celebrity status and offered a bodyguard, but I turned them down.  A real man should be able to protect himself."

The jackass honestly expects us to buy the story as it was told?  I think his taxi broke down and he saw an opportunity to embellish it a little, bring in the Mexican mafia, and portray him laughing in the face of danger (he mentioned a few times how the driver was scared, but not him...)  My hero.

JohnnieB

Quote from: MDL5676 on January 10, 2012, 04:54:15 AM
This is my first post here, so first of all hello to all of you... Second, I was so happy to find this site and realize that I was far from (apparently VERY far from) being alone in my opinion of George Noory being a boring, unintelligent, disingenuous, boorish, narcissistic, and borderline sociopath man that is also a compulsive liar and fraud... His complete ineptitude and the maladroit way he comes across when doing an interview or trying to hold his in any kind of intellectual or meaningful conversation is just plain pathetic. I honestly have NO IDEA how he 1) Got the job in the first place and 2) Has not only managed to keep his job but continue to get contract extension after contract extension. I mean he puts in ZERO EFFORT and has ZERO INTEREST in any of the subjects that are discussed on C2C (unless they involve little children or animals dying brutal/horrific deaths, demons/angels, the impending end of the world/Armageddon, and/or any "alternative" forms of medicine being propagated by slick snakeoil salesmen that require/strongly encourage you to ignore what your current doctor has told you and stop using any methods or forms of treatment that have been medically proven to actually work and instead heal yourself with baking soda, turmeric powder, the "power of your mind" or whatever else the next quack George has on the show tries to sell by taking advantage of people that are seriously ill and desperate to try anything that might help...         

Oh, come on now, stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel!  ;)

George involved in a near-kidnapping in Mexico, eh? NEAR kidnapping? DAMN! So close...yet no cigar. And the Coast world is a sadder place because of what never came to pass. I wonder if his being in Mexico on that specific date and being in that exact location at that precise time was by chance....coincidence? I'm surprised George didn't mention that he felt a dark presence of...EVIL...in the car and from the driver.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: WOTR on January 10, 2012, 11:53:45 AM
The jackass honestly expects us to buy the story as it was told?  I think his taxi broke down and he saw an opportunity to embellish it a little, bring in the Mexican mafia, and portray him laughing in the face of danger (he mentioned a few times how the driver was scared, but not him...)  My hero.

Long deep sigh. . .My hero, tew!

I guess it's been awhile since George has done sumpthin' heroic.

What's the progression:

First, telling someone to see a doctor because George thinks they have cancer.  They did, so George saved their life

Then, reaching out and touching someone during dinner, that time he actually cured cancer on the spot

Next, George is dining out, minding his own business when some guy 'dines and dashes'.  George chases him down and holds his gun on him until police arrive

Now George saves himself from banditos in Mexico

Guy should be in movies, or at least write a book...  When exactly does that studio in Hawaii come on line?

JohnnieB

It seriously makes you wonder what Debbie Reynolds makes of all this?

Tara

Noory nearly kidnapped?  If he really was, who would pay a ransom for him?  Not even his kids.  They'd be better off if the banditos would have left him dead so the kids could inherit all of his money, why waste it on a ransom. 

JohnnieB

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 10, 2012, 12:31:55 PM
Guy should be in movies, or at least write a book...  When exactly does that studio in Hawaii come on line?

Oh, God, please, no more books! 'Jerkoff in the Light' nearly did me in, and only after page two!

Gassy Man

Anybody else get the sense that George is a more drawn to James Van Praaaaaaaaaaghaghhgahgh than some of his other guests? . . .

11angeleyes11

I am just utterly inspired today.  I am busy working on a project now entitled "Jorge' Does Mexico"

1  Week One, inspired by George, banditos highjack him and hold for him for ransom.  An immediate appeal to all the callers on Coast to help pay the demands are appealed to. Included in the donations are folded pieces of tinfoil, crystals, and .25 cents from of the Coast Insiders, it only cost .25 cents a day.

2.  Week Two, Hiemi Musam (not spelled right, but he is the South American ufo expert and does his own show.)  George is invited on the show as a guest and does a first person interview.

3.  Week Three, George does a Meet and Greet in San Diego, again, he was in such demand the first time.  He meets a seniorita and has good times in Tiajuana.

4.  Week Four,  George plays politician about imigration issues.  He is heraled by his work by Obama and sent to Mexico City as a goodwill ambassador working with his friend who his name escapes me at the moment, but you know who I mean.  The one who does world-wide ambassador good will work.

5.  Week Five,  George goes on a Tequila binge in St. Louis.  He chokes on the worm and is rushed to one of the hospitals there. 

. . . .See, I have a new project to work on.  Thanxxxs George, you are such an inspiration to me.  (All rights reserved, Copyrighted by Angel \A/.)

JohnnieB

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on January 10, 2012, 01:03:28 PM
5.  Week Five,  George goes on a Tequila binge in St. Louis.  He chokes on the worm and is rushed to one of the hospitals there. 

Week Six: While lying on a gurney at Our Lady of Assholes Memorial in St. Louis, George has an
               out of body experience that involves Charo, Tina Louise, Glynis McCants-The Numbers
               Lady, Kraft mayonnaise, and the face on Mars. Linda Moulton-Howe rushes to George's
               side and discovers mysterious crop circles that have formed on his ass cheeks.
               Decoded, the circles are found to be the quintessential decoder for the Mayan Calendar.
               Chinese food is ordered to George's hospital room. A Code Blue is called at the nurse's
               station when sweet and sour sauce dribbling from George's mouth is mistaken for an
               intracerebral hemorrhage.

Sorry...I couldn't resist! Tee hee!  ;D

Induction into the Radio Hall of Fame having been ruled out some time ago, his Presidential dreams dashed ,George has set his sights on Sainthood.  He has performed the necessary two miracles, but comes up a bit short in the 'good works' department.

Be on the watch for heartwarming stories of George Noory saving animals and children. 

BobGrau

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on January 10, 2012, 01:03:28 PM
1  Week One, inspired by George, banditos highjack him and hold for him for ransom.  An immediate appeal to all the callers on Coast to help pay the demands are appealed to. Included in the donations are folded pieces of tinfoil, crystals, and .25 cents from of the Coast Insiders, it only cost .25 cents a day.

Surely they would only accept gold?

I like this version of George a lot more than the real one. At least 'jorge' has some fun.

BobGrau

Am I allowed to call George Noory a racist here? Cos quite frankly his attitude to 'foreigners' in general and Mexico in particular, stinks.

JohnnieB

Quote from: BobGrau on January 10, 2012, 01:45:13 PM
Am I allowed to call George Noory a racist here? Cos quite frankly his attitude to 'foreigners' in general and Mexico in particular, stinks.

Yeah, his attidue towards the Mexicans is not exactly what one would deem spic and span.

Wild Card Guy

Coast to Coast show for Jan 10: Registered nurse, talk show host, & advocate for all those experimented upon by the government, Joyce Riley, will discuss the epidemic of violent & murderous episodes involving Gulf War veterans who have suffered PTSD and are being treated with anti-depressants. She claims govt. officials know that the drugs trigger the violent behavior, yet continue the treatments.

This one I want to listen to with my sarcasm shields down.

Sardondi

Quote from: MDL5676 on January 10, 2012, 04:54:15 AMThis is my first post here, so first of all hello to all of you... Second, I was so happy to find this site and realize that I was far from (apparently VERY far from) being alone in my opinion of George Noory...

Welcome, MDL5676. I too was almost overcome with joy to find that I was not alone. That I wasn't a freak, a weirdo or antisocial by reason of my antipathy to Simple George. It was a relief to know that I wasn't a mean person just because hearing Noory makes me almost physically ill.

The fact that his astonishing level of incompetence fills me with a revulsion and hatred that burns with the blue-hot flame of a billion mega-suns doesn't make me a bad guy, does it? And just because I think he's a stupendously incompetent tool, a cretinous booby unmatched in the annals of radio, am I disqualified from attending The Nice Guy Ball? Should I feel ashamed for wondering if Noory's intelligence (low-normal human, average Bonobo monkey) is the result of a lab accident when some second-hand chromosomes casually picked up at a DNA Scratch-and-Dent Sale were mistakenly mixed in with the fruit fly petri dish?

I think not. Welcome.

After thinking about the 'kidnapping', the failed Syfy show pilot, the silly Presidential aspirations, the appearances on Ancient Aliens where he basically says "Sumpin's happenin'" on every episode he's on, I finally realized that Jorch does spend a lot of time prepping. Sadly, it's not time spent prepping for the show, which probably takes 15 minutes to google news about tragic child deaths, max.

No, he spends all those hours promoting himself to various dodgy New Age promoters, shady gold dealers and his personal stable of purveyors of paranoia. I don't think Jorch has even read his own book, much less anyone else's and it shows every single time he's on air, but when it comes to presenting himself as some kind of deep thinking, charismatic personality, well, he's all over it like flies on... you can fill in the rest.

All of which is why, whenever I'm listening to the Best of Art Bell, or a particularly interesting Ian Punnett or George Knapp interview, and the advertisement for his show comes on, and suddenly there's Jorch making some kind of inane paranoid statement, I think to myself that he might quite possibly be the biggest buzzkill known to man.

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 10, 2012, 07:23:11 PM
... the appearances on Ancient Aliens where he basically says "Sumpin's happenin'" on every episode...

... whenever I'm listening to the Best of Art Bell, or a particularly interesting Ian Punnett or George Knapp interview, and the advertisement for his show comes on, and suddenly there's Jorch making some kind of inane paranoid statement, I think to myself that he might quite possibly be the biggest buzzkill known to man.

On a supposed Noory-free evening it can be quite jarring, especially the first time one of his voice over commercials comes on.

And Ancient Aliens - in the kitchen and hearing the voice I'd come to loathe coming over the TV that first time, that's what finally drove me to my computer to google 'George Noory Sucks'...

Quote from: Sardondi on January 10, 2012, 05:13:42 PM
a cretinous booby

Sometimes a perfect phrase just jumps up and smacks you right in the face.  ;)

I think the Noory show on PTSD is important.. hope he doesn't botch it up.

As for last night's bag of gas, I think this video will cause some chuckles

James Van Praagh failing miserably at cold reading on The Circle, Channel 10.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Sardondi on January 09, 2012, 02:07:51 PM
I'm sure Knapp just cringes to listen to Noory. But Knapp is a consummate professional, and appears to be an adult as well. It seems to me he's about doing his job as well as he can, and tries to stay above personalities, pettiness and backbiting.

Well said! I completely agree with your assessment of Knapp and how he handles things.

Morgus

Noory has another of his regulars on the first hour tonight, its the "luck lady" who talks about luck similar to how the "numbers lady" talks about numbers.  :P

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 10, 2012, 09:15:10 PM
I think the Noory show on PTSD is important.. hope he doesn't botch it up.
The one hour count down to suckage has started where I am.  I hold out very little hope from the previous description.  I would think that George will latch onto the government conspiracy of anti-depressants (and all other drugs used to treat the "fictional" illnesses that you can not see.)  I look forward to mention of Columbine, the drug companies, natural remedies and other such quackery.  I guess time will tell; you are far more optimistic than I.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 10, 2012, 07:35:17 PM
And Ancient Aliens - in the kitchen and hearing the voice I'd come to loathe coming over the TV that first time, that's what finally drove me to my computer to google 'George Noory Sucks'...
Nice to know what drove you.  I suppose hearing his voice originating unexpectedly from a appliance that it is not supposed to (eg: not the radio) I would be using google immediately prior to checking myself into the asylum...

jinwicked

Quote from: Morgus on January 11, 2012, 12:25:08 AM
Noory has another of his regulars on the first hour tonight, its the "luck lady" who talks about luck similar to how the "numbers lady" talks about numbers.  :P

Does this board have a barf smiley? Because I need one after listening to that.