• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: jinwicked on January 11, 2012, 02:31:10 AM
Does this board have a barf smiley? Because I need one after listening to that.
Here's one:

Sardondi

Oh, about George's kidnapping tale, those things (kidnapping for ransom) do happen in Mexico, a lot, particularly with rich gringoes. It's conceivable a spotter for one of these gangs recognized George and assumed that he was a gazillionaire because he's heard on American radio.

But then I realized there was no way a gang of kidnappers actually tried to snatch Noory. After all, Noory got away. I mean, really, do you think Simple George could outwit a bunch of thugs who kidnap people like him for a living? Nope. They'd be a heck of a lot more prepared and organized.

Now I'm sure Simple George would like to think he was getting away from thugs. And while this supposed kidnapping was going on (and afterward during Noory's special "alone time"...or maybe it was "show prep") I'm sure he had a movie of himself running through his head. Looking just like a deeply ripped and more handsome Daniel Craig that his radio team swears he resembles, using the great knowledge gained in asking inane questions for 30 years, and using his powerful, manly buttocks built up by three decades of sitting, the handsome radio host cunningly evades his evil radio competitors by bravely and brilliantly, uh, getting out of one cab and into another. Oh, the excitement!

So George may be convinced he outfoxed a band of Mexican kidnappers. Which doesn't make it so.

jinwicked

Between flirting with Noory and "My husband dying became the best thing that happened to me!"

I just... ugh...

El Kragen

Quote from: Sardondi on January 11, 2012, 03:19:21 AM
Oh, about George's kidnapping tale...

Now I'm sure Simple George would like to think he was getting away from thugs. And while this supposed kidnapping was going on (and afterward during Noory's special "alone time"...or maybe it was "show prep") I'm sure he had a movie of himself running through his head. Looking just like a deeply ripped and more handsome Daniel Craig that his radio team swears he resembles, using the great knowledge gained in asking inane questions for 30 years, and using his powerful, manly buttocks built up by three decades of sitting, the handsome radio host cunningly evades his evil radio competitors by bravely and brilliantly, uh, getting out of one cab and into another. Oh, the excitement!

LOL. Can someone give me a quick recap of this story. I rarely listen to a full Snoory show so I missed this installment of "The Adventures of George Noory"

Wild Card Guy

Charlatans like James Van Praagh really make my blood boil. The very fact that this huckster and programs like Coast to Coast prey on people whose defense mechanisms are not in working order - those who are grieving the loss of loved ones, who are in pain and suffering acute anguish, is beyond disgusting. George never has the cajones or insight to call a spade a spade with this asshat...but then again, it's a mirrored situation. This isn't the first time he never made it to bat re his readings...surprise, surprise. And that Sylvia Browne! Holy moly.

Wild Card Guy

At the risk of looking like a doofus, can someone explain how I upload videos here? I deleted the email sent to me by Coastgab which included how to do it! Hmmm...guess I'm having a George Noory moment! Haaaa!

stevesh

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 11, 2012, 09:23:04 AM
At the risk of looking like a doofus, can someone explain how I upload videos here? I deleted the email sent to me by Coastgab which included how to do it! Hmmm...guess I'm having a George Noory moment! Haaaa!

http://coastgab.com/index.php?board=9.0

JohnnieB

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 11, 2012, 09:23:04 AM

All's ya's does is copy and paste the video/Youtube link right on to the page.  By the way, here's the new Coast to Coast sponsor...a true George Noory moment...

Massengill Disposable Douche Commercial (1978)

stevesh

Quote from: El Kragen on January 11, 2012, 07:31:00 AM
LOL. Can someone give me a quick recap of this story. I rarely listen to a full Snoory show so I missed this installment of "The Adventures of George Noory"

Noory went to a wedding in Mexico - "on the way back, the hotel arranged for a cab to take me back to the airport, and it was a strange, strange situation. I'm in the cab, going back to the airport, and the driver is speaking to his friends on a walkie-talkie while he's driving in the limo-type cab. It's a van-type cab and he's talking back and forth, back and forth, and it was just very strange, very awkward, and the route getting me to the airport was different from the one that I got from the airport into the hotel. This one was going through seedy areas of the town.

All of a sudden, the van breaks down. Stops running. Kaput. He pulls over to the side of the road, and this guy is shaking like a leaf. I have never seen someone so nervous in all my life., and I'm looking at him, trying to speak broken Spanish to him and his name's Ramon and he won't talk back to me. And I figured, you know what?, this is a setup. this is it. Right here. I attempt to get out of the van. I pulled the door handle and it breaks off in my hand. So now I can't get out the door. The only way to get out is to go from the back of the van to the front of the car and get out.

So, I'm taking the bags and I'm gonna get out of the van, at least, and stay on the side of the road. Just then, three or four other cars pull up behind the van, and to me it was truly some kind of setup, something was going on, it was not right. I was lucky enough, with bags in hand, to grab a car that was not related to that group of cars, and in broken Spanish, told the guy I needed to get to the airport, and he said, 'yeah, come on' and I jumped in his car and off we went."

Jesus Christ, the man can tell a story.

BobGrau

The following news item is very Coast to Coast -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2085255/Hazel-Jones-I-lost-virginity-twice-reveals-woman-27--I-TWO-vaginas.html

- I'm just wondering if George can bring himself to say the word vagina on the air?

JohnnieB

Quote from: BobGrau on January 11, 2012, 01:08:25 PM
- I'm just wondering if George can bring himself to say the word vagina on the air?

Hmm...well, as you well know, George loves to talk about his favorite television shows and movies from time to time. So perhaps he could (pardon the pun) - slip it into the news lineup - by prefacing the story by mentioning the film 'Goldfinger' and one of its characters, Pussy Galore?

...and speaking of Pussy Galore, folks...

El Kragen

Quote from: stevesh on January 11, 2012, 10:30:53 AM
Noory went to a wedding in Mexico - "on the way back, the hotel arranged for a cab to take me back to the airport, and it was a strange, strange situation....

That's pretty crazy. Thanks for the transcription. I have no doubt that happened...to someone other than Noory

Morgus

Noory went to a wedding in Mexico - "on the way back, the hotel arranged for a cab to take me back to the airport, and it was a strange, strange situation. I'm in the cab, going back to the airport, and the driver is speaking to his friends on a walkie-talkie while he's driving in the limo-type cab. It's a van-type cab and he's talking back and forth, back and forth, and it was just very strange, very awkward, and the route getting me to the airport was different from the one that I got from the airport into the hotel. This one was going through seedy areas of the town.

All of a sudden, the van breaks down. Stops running. Kaput. He pulls over to the side of the road, and this guy is shaking like a leaf. I have never seen someone so nervous in all my life., and I'm looking at him, trying to speak broken Spanish to him and his name's Ramon and he won't talk back to me. And I figured, you know what?, this is a setup. this is it. Right here. I attempt to get out of the van. I pulled the door handle and it breaks off in my hand. So now I can't get out the door. The only way to get out is to go from the back of the van to the front of the car and get out.

So, I'm taking the bags and I'm gonna get out of the van, at least, and stay on the side of the road. Just then, three or four other cars pull up behind the van, and to me it was truly some kind of setup, something was going on, it was not right. I was lucky enough, with bags in hand, to grab a car that was not related to that group of cars, and in broken Spanish, told the guy I needed to get to the airport, and he said, 'yeah, come on' and I jumped in his car and off we went."

Jesus Christ, the man can tell a story.

And afterwards all those guys probably said about Noory: "that gringo is mucho loco"  :P

Quote from: Morgus on January 11, 2012, 02:06:11 PM
And afterwards all those guys probably said about Noory: "that gringo is mucho loco"  :P

After a few minutes listening to him, they realized no way did they want to hear anymore of that for the duration and panicked... the guy drinvng the cab with the walkie talkie tried to tell 'em...

BobGrau

Quote from: Morgus on January 11, 2012, 02:06:11 PM

Come to think of it, this is behaviour I would expect from a meth-head. Lucky he wasn't armed.

ericdxx

I applaud George Noory. Art Bell never did emotional shows like these:

01-14-11 Night Terrors & Caller Regrets

07-08-11 9 year old son, Brian, predicted his own death with remarkable and chilling accuracy

(if he did please tell me what shows)

Marc.Knight

Just then, three or four other cars pull up behind the van, and to me it was truly some kind of setup, something was going on, it was not right.

... they just wanted to tell him that he sucked.

JohnnieB

Oh, I see, straight out of the deluded frying pan and into the proverbial fire? Nothing like jumping into a car (I take it it wasn't a taxi) driven by a complete stranger - he said to hop on in, so you do? Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be pretty reluctant to hop into any car driven in Mexico, or anywhere else for that matter.

Well, time to get out the Ouija board and attempt to contact Paul Lynde.

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 11, 2012, 05:07:57 PM
Oh, I see, straight out of the deluded frying pan and into the proverbial fire? Nothing like jumping into a car (I take it it wasn't a taxi) driven by a complete stranger - he said to hop on in, so you do?...

Keep in mind none of George's personal stories are real.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 11, 2012, 07:36:32 PM
Keep in mind none of George's personal stories are real.
Noory must spend most of his time on days off trying to think up a weird story to tell when he gets back?  :o

Quote from: Morgus on January 11, 2012, 07:42:02 PM
Noory must spend most of his time on days off trying to think up a weird story to tell when he gets back?  :o

I think things happen and he spends time daydreaming and embellishing and comes up with stories that never quite ring true, but still make him out to look creepy. 

He is forever coming up with strange stuff to report.  It just can't all be true.  Some of it the story changes a little, sometimes the logic doesn't quite work (like when he was in Texas, fell in a mud hole, and didn't bring a change of clothes). 

I think he spent a lot of time watching TV growing up and identified with the characters.  These characters were always having unusual things happen to them.  George is Gilligan, Eddie Munster, Fonzie, Matt Dillon, Spock, Jethro Bodeen, etc.  He needs to keep having little odd personal things to report. 

jinwicked

It was me. I hired the Mexican Mafia. But that wily George Noory escaped again!

Next time, Noory! Next time!!!

Morgus

One of tonight's c2c guests just asked Noory if he does readings for people.
Does she think Noory is a psychic? Wonder how she thought that?
Noory did tell her that he has done healing with his hands a couple times though, but doesn't do that anymore.  :o

MDL5676

To expand on the above post from Morgus...
First of all, here's a little background for those of you who weren't tuned in. George has 2 psychics on as guests and the psychics are talking about how "exhausting" it can be when they do a lot of readings, at which the female psychic asks:

Guest : Do you do readings George??

Noory: "No, no, no... I don't do readings. But I.. I am very intuitive though, as you know, but no I don't do readings. I have done healings though. A couple of times I went to see people and tried heal them, which they were, but I only did it those two times... I don't do it anymore."

Now the above is not verbatim because I had to do it from memory, but it's pretty close so you get the idea. First of all... WTF?? Does anyone remember hearing George claim to be psychic healer before?? I wish someone could call him on that BS claim, because he would be screwed either way he answered. If he admits he was lying, he's shown to be the lying fraud we all know he is and if he sticks to his story about supposedly being able to "heal" two people, then what would that say about him as a person? So you have the ability to heal people George but have decided to use this amazing gift a whopping total of TWO times before deciding you weren't going to do it anymore? I mean, why kind of self centered, narcissistic, obdurate  a**hole would do that? But oh wait, we ARE talking about sociopathic George here, so I guess it's possible... Pathetic... I also think George's shameless need to compulsively lie even about inane things hints to some sort of serious inferiority complex (perhaps stemming from his college days when he dropped out of Dental School and considered a failure by "Papa" Noory??) and just goes to show how insecure George really is... What a sad, sad excuse for a man.     

Quote from: MDL5676 on January 12, 2012, 02:42:37 AM
First of all... WTF?? Does anyone remember hearing George claim to be psychic healer before??     

I have heard this story 2 or 3 times.  Seems George was in a bar and saw some acquaintance who had cancer (throat cancer/tongue cancer?, can’t remember).  George had a sudden desire to put his hands on the guy’s head.  He told him it was just something he had to do.  He saw the guy again several months later and asked how he was doing.  Surprise!  His cancer was totally gone!

I have never heard the 2nd Noory-hands-on-healer story, just this one a few times.  George presented this as something he could do because he had this “feeling” on seeing the guy, not as something he can always do.

Not sure what to make of it.  Maybe he is trying to build up a reputation as a healer/remote viewer/nutritional consultant type guy in case he is replaced as c2c’s main host.  George sure likes to brag about how spiritually evolved he is.  Pretty sure genuinely spiritual people aren’t always talking about how superior they are…

MDL5676

Thanks for the info Dangerous Blossom. I'd never heard George talk about being a "healer" before, so I appreciate you filling me in... As for George and his supernatural abilities, I'd have to say that the closest he has come to doing something "supernatural" is how he has managed to keep his job despite his lack of intelligence, wit, effort, interest, interviewing skills, knowledge or ability to properly pronounce even the most basic words found in the English language... Supernatural indeed!!           

valdez

Quote from: MDL5676 on January 12, 2012, 02:42:37 AM
WTF?? Does anyone remember hearing George claim to be psychic healer before??

That's what I get for tuning out Tricia McCannon and Peter Canova, and their whole "ancient gods" crap.  I missed George saying he was a healer.  I know he claims to be intuitive, mysteriously sensing that "something happened," or "somethings gonna happen," or "who knows?"  But I don't recall Noory as a healer.  He is truly amazing.

Jasmine

I copied and pasted this off the Coast site for tonight's show:

"Independent researcher, and expert in mythology and lost civilizations, Pat Chouinard, will share his hypothesis about an ancient race of Giants, as well discuss elves and ogres. He'll also present his contention that ancient civilizations like Atlantis and Lemuria did actually exist."

I read this quickly the first time, and I swear to Buddha I thought I read "as well discuss elves and orgies" !! Now that would have made for an enthralling show topic.

Also, who is writing this for the Coast site? It should read, "He will also discuss..."
Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

Jasmine

I gotta get me a Joshua P. Warren official Vampire Killing Kit for those pretty petty and pretentious people who have perpetually pissed me off. These kits would perhaps make great stocking stuffers come next Christmas? Oui?

http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/vampirekillingkitbigger.jpg

stevesh

Quote from: Jasmine on January 12, 2012, 08:47:58 AM

"as well discuss elves and orgies"

I was going to say that even Simple George couldn't fuck up a show like that, but he's such a prude that he wouldn't even be able to read his index cards.