• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

anagrammy

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on April 15, 2011, 11:30:24 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to disappoint you, I apologize for giving you the false impression that this is a BBS where we engage in long-winded sanctimonious sermons wringing our hands over perceived slights to political correctness.

Nevertheless, some of my best friends are Mongolians, and I object to your offensive implication that they are somehow "less than”.  They live in New Jersey just like regular people, not drinking yak's milk out of tents anymore.

Angels, you are on the wrong track here.  He doesn't mean people from Mongolia.  "Mongolian" is an old school description of a person with Downs Syndrome, based on the almond-shaped eyes.  Is considered un-PC and has fallen out of use. 

Personally, I love Mongolians and enjoyed especially the Mongolian infant in "Babies."  I hope you saw that.  Right now on Hulu, in the movie section is a FABULOUS movie called "Horse Boy" in which a young couple take their autistic boy to a shaman of the Reindeer People, with surprising results.  You will love this one.  For one, I'll be very sad to see the disappearance of their lifestyle and yurts.  It's bad enough they have a yurt with a satellite dish next to it....

Anagrammy

Roger

Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2011, 11:18:49 AM
. . . . .

So there. Now you should be doubly happy, back at ya and yer smarmy, cocky
shallow commentaries.

Oh, wait, huh! I guess I was being just like that too . . .

. . . only, my phraseology is better. Yeah, that's it:
I write gooder than you. Yous guys don't write good.

b_dubb

the doctor that decided that people with Downs Syndrome should be called Mongoloids WAS a racist.  so ... transitively ... he was dead on

JustOneFix

I was listening to an old C2C show from 1997 when Linda Moldy Bowel was on and she actually sounded pretty good. Not like the modern incarnation of Linda Molten Howl.

haloedorchid

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 15, 2011, 01:26:34 PM
I was listening to an old C2C show from 1997 when Linda Moldy Bowel was on and she actually sounded pretty good. Not like the modern incarnation of Linda Molten Howl.
Moldy Bowel... That's the best nickname I have seen for her. Also, I heard an old Somewhere in Time with her on it and I didn't even recognize her voice. Something happened to her throat in recent years.

Roger

Okay, let's get something straight here: I was talking about the use of
an image of someone that, at one time, was called a 'Mongoloid', which
doesn't have anything to do with people from Mongolia in fact, but a
'stereotype' based on the closest thing by people who had no qualms in
applying characteristics to a variant of children whom, today, are
also 'typed' as 'Downs' children.

There has been no basis whereby 'medical science' can adduce such
'variant' people are 'deficient'.  Culture, perhaps, might place anyone
'different' into a 'minority' pigeon-hole with subsequent not-so-popular
or 'favorable' status in society as far as reproduction is concerned.

Society has, well testified by history, also deemed geniuses as 'odd'
and problematic.

We have many instances of 'perfect idiots' who could calculate numbers to
astounding exactness, which could have been appreciated only most fully
by people of today that work with machines that struggle to do the same
thing.

In ancient times, probably, such ability could have been entirely missed
and such talents could have died out, but somehow, someone loved someone
and they bore children.

By and by, perhaps, some intermixture of such remnants of such couples
produced such as a Da Vinci, Helmholtz, Faraday, Ampere, Von Neuman,
Feynman.

What I said was understood by some informed, cognizant, historically
aware.

Let me inform your discretion: at one time, Down's Syndrome children
were called 'Mongoloids'.

Please don't try to side-track the original point: use of an image that
promotes an unjust prejudice or unfair predisposition to some segment of
society as typical of stupidity.

Nobody really knows who the 'standard' image of 'didn't upload an avatar'
is.  A real person.  Doubt this soul is getting residuals or any form of
profit form such use.

Use an image of any politician, who has already given permission to be
mocked or praised in promoting of him or herself, and call that 'idiot',
or stupid: price for running or being out there.

I don't know who that 'stand-in' person is, but as it stands, reduced to
merely a 'funny face' that equals ineptitude by users of this site: most
crude. Cruel, even.

Maybe you think me 'sanctimonious', and point out, no one has complained
heretofore.

I suppose that's fair.  All I did was express my sense of sadness about it.

I don't think it is a nice thing.  That's all.  Don't try and change that
because of my use of an antiquated term.

I didn't invent the term, yet no doubt my use of it involved me with an equally
antiquated and mean way of estimating any segment of physical humanity.

Well, shame on me for that.  How, though, does that change what I was
trying to say or communicate?

Actually, though I like this site, from now on, from this moment, so
long as that image is put up as a 'place keeper' that means: 'you're dumb',
I'm NOT talking here or anywhere else on this site anymore.

Putting my actions where my mouth stands. Or . . . vice versa . . . whatever.

Money. where my money is . . . Ah fuck it. Fuckers.

You figure it out.

anagrammy

Roger, you are obviously a thinker and you make a valid point regarding the default avatar.  I disagree; however, with your conclusion that it represents stupidity.  My four year old grandson calls people "stupid" when they do something he doesn't like--it's his favorite generic put-down.

Recently I attended a series of classes on white privilege because I found myself irritated with the anger of the African Americans around me.  I found myself thinking, "Why do they get to be African Americans and it's ok to call me 'white'".  To my surprise, I learned that I was blind to the racism around me.  I have continued to read and study and was horrified to learn that what I learned of American history was, frankly, a lie.  A self-glorifying white man's glory statement connected to the truth by a barely perceptible thread.  Did it make a difference?  A huge difference-- I now understand why black children feel left out of America's success, and why Native Americans do too.  Adoption boards make the decisions that either inspire or defeat young people of color. And they are influenced heavily by politicians who feel that making America sound heroic is best done by pretending America never having done anything wrong.

Those who want to heal racism in my area could have just said, "She is so blind....and chosen not to associate with me."  If they had, I would have never had my consciousness raised.

My point:  Instead of choosing to boycott this forum, why don't you PM Michael and ask him to put up a poll and see if the rest of us are uncomfortable using this young man's photo as a way to call someone a "retard."  Do a little consciousness raising, make the world a better place, and develop a thicker skin.

I've enjoyed your ramblings and hope you choose to stay.

Anagrammy

anagrammy

I actually came here to post about LMH.  Did you hear that a letter was included from the "Vault" that the FBI released that spoke of a panic in the government over 8,000 cows being abducted, vivisected and dropped back on the ground in Southwestern USA in the early 50's. 

I'm wondering why they didn't have LMH announce this, or comment, or set this information in any kind of a context for us.  Some analysis, maybe, a comparison with what was reported at the time and what we now know to be true...

Is she phoning it in, like George?  I would think she would have been all over this story. 

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roger on April 21, 2011, 06:08:49 AM
Putting my actions where my mouth stands. Or . . . vice versa . . . whatever.

Money. where my money is . . . Ah fuck it. Fuckers.

You figure it out.

I figured it out Roger.  You're a thin-skinned ***********.  Bye.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 21, 2011, 09:35:56 AM
I figured it out Roger.  You're a thin-skinned **************.  Bye.

+1. Very succinct as well, unlike his prolix missives.

aldousburbank

I don't know who that 'stand-in' person is, but as it stands, reduced to
merely a 'funny face' that equals ineptitude by users of this site: most
crude. Cruel, even.

You figure it out.

And furthermore... I also figured out that Michael V. somehow managed to use your high school yearbook photo for the default avatar pic Roger.  How cute.  That was before your sex change operation of course.  You boring ****************.  At least Lena was intelligent and Ft. Rock might get laid someday.  You're a potential ****************************, if you work real hard.  ***********.  Go ******************* you *****************************.  You probably think George Noory doesn't suck.  *********.

Sorry people, just a little bad mood happening today.
:-[

MV/Liberace!

if i changed every feature and/or characteristic of the forum every time someone requested it or thought things could be improved upon, i'd have no life outside of this forum.  i'm sorry if you find the picture to be offensive, but i'd like to make a couple of points. 

first, it's a "viral" picture.  i had seen it a thousand times prior to using it here, and i'm willing to bet many of you had seen it previously as well.  thus, i think it's hardly accurate to suggest my use of that picture is blowing the lid off of the young man's privacy.  second, the picture is not intended to suggest anyone is "stupid" for failing to change their avatar.  i don't think of retarded people as being "stupid."  that's a conclusion you reached without help from anyone else. 

my use of the picture is merely intended to draw attention to the lack of a chosen avatar, and i could just as well have chosen a disgusting homeless man, a buck toothed mountain inhabitant, an arab terrorist, a morbidly obese black woman, a toothless carny, or any number of other "types" of people who exhibit distinguishing characteristics or are of unusual circumstance.  however, each of the above would offend SOMEONE for SOME reason.  what's a boy to do?   

the reason i chose the "retarded" picture is because i thought the young man had a nice innocence about him... a sort of, "oops, i made a boo-boo..." demeanor.  i'm not interested in making fun of retarded people, as i don't find them to be a particularly difficult target. 

i think it's probably best if people lighten up.  not everything needs to be a crusade.

plane go boom.

MV/Liberace!

and by the way... i have no idea wtf any of this has to do with linda moulton howe... unless she's pushing some new theory of a government created fungus that causes retardation.

onan

ok i landed into this just as the poop is starting to harden.

but from reading back... my kneejerk reactions no longer count.

linda moulton howl is a retard.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on April 21, 2011, 12:27:03 PM
ok i landed into this just as the poop is starting to harden.

but from reading back... my kneejerk reactions no longer count.

linda moulton howl is a retard.

Nice save for this thread Onan.  Thanks.

anagrammy

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 21, 2011, 10:39:14 AM
And furthermore... I also figured out that Michael V. somehow managed to use your high school yearbook photo for the default avatar pic Roger.  How cute.  That was before your sex change operation of course.  You boring ****************.  At least Lena was intelligent and Ft. Rock might get laid someday.  You're a potential ****************************, if you work real hard.  ***********.  Go ******************* you *****************************. You probably think George Noory doesn't suck.  *********.

Sorry people, just a little bad mood happening today.
:-[

OMG - He left unredacted the worst insult of all!

Anagrammy

George sucks

That avatar I was stuck with for not picking an avatar was the only reason I tried to figure out how to pick an avatar. Thing is obnoxious. And I still don't know how I managed to get one up.  Anyways, if you are going to yank-a-tar... yank that one that someone has of the huge ass blowing plume in the pool. That supersedes default-tar in bad taste by an order of magnitude.

And while we are at it, there needs to be a 'top' clicker at the bottom of the pages so a person doesn't have to scroll back to the top. The pages need to be something other than black, my retinas are getting damaged. And I want to get paid for my posts. I'll send you a payment plan, thanks. 

Oh, P.S. I dig Linda usually. Super gullible, her segments are sometimes uninteresting. But she's enthusiastic and involved, that goes a long way. Sometimes her segments are interesting and relevant, even breaking news of sorts. And I find her voice soothing in a nurse sort of way. She has a decent sense of humor and doesn't laugh like a hyena. I bet she even smells good. Peace.

George sucks

Holy crap man, you are lighting fast. Thanks!! Got any thing a touch darker? In not such a nursery room color? Never mind, I'll shut up.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: George sucks on April 21, 2011, 04:50:14 PM
Got any thing a touch darker? In not such a nursery room color?
why did i let my conceal carry permit expire?

George sucks

Quote from: Michael V. on April 21, 2011, 05:07:20 PM
why did i let my conceal carry permit expire?

Because you realized you can still shoot someone without it?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: George sucks on April 22, 2011, 01:34:27 AM
Because you realized you can still shoot someone without it?

Hey, wait a minute....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

George sucks

Quote from: Michael V. on April 22, 2011, 08:02:23 AM
Hey, wait a minute....

Sent from my DROIDX

I'd like to request a calf shot, flesh wound, if possible. Thank you. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: George sucks on April 22, 2011, 11:29:47 AM
I'd like to request a calf shot, flesh wound, if possible. Thank you.
i'm afraid that's not going to be possible.  the retired FBI man who led my conceal carry training course instructed me always to "shoot to kill" in a direct line from the center of the forehead to the base of the torso.  never shoot to wound.

Actually, though I like this site, from now on, from this moment, so
long as that image is put up as a 'place keeper' that means: 'you're dumb',
I'm NOT talking here or anywhere else on this site anymore.

Usagi

Usagi

Quote from: b_dubb on April 23, 2011, 10:02:40 PM
here's a new image for the default avatar.  if you like

http://homepage.mac.com/clairaudiant/george_fucking_noory.jpg

I like where you are going with this... but I think this picture works even better: