Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

ninjashoes

Heather should think of it this way.

George is better than her.

Yes I said it, George is better.

Now if George is better than you that means you have problems because George is one of the worst radio broadcasters of all time.

So Heather just quit, no one likes you including me. I am super nice and everyone knows it. If I think you suck and are a bad person then you got issues toots.

ninjashoes

Heather does not even have any listeners.

Even when DMN was at its height, her amount of people listening live is not enough people to even be worth doing a show. This Heather stuff is all smoke and mirrors.

No one listens to Heather or cares. The DMN failed hard and was a financial disaster on all accounts.

Old technology meets business model designed by retards.

ninjashoes

If you aren’t good at something just quit and move onto something else. Quit trying to make a big deal of yourself and let the false hopes die Heather. Just go away and quit torturing us by making us read threads about you when you should not have any of the things that were handed to you.

I had to walk 7 miles in the snow to start my podcast and all you had to do was shake your little witchy behind.

ninjashoes

I don’t even care if this gets back to her at this point. This whole Heather thing has gone on for too long, is ridiculous and needs to go away so we, as a community can focus on finding a real successor to Art.

I am liking this AZZERAE kid. He has legit charisma and is entertaining just listening for a few minutes. He just needs guidance.

Lets give him Art Bells legacy and see what happens.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ninjashoes on December 08, 2019, 07:19:10 AM
I am liking this AZZERAE kid. He has legit charisma and is entertaining just listening for a few minutes. He just needs guidance.

The gall.

WOTR

Quote from: ninjashoes on December 08, 2019, 06:33:30 AM
Oh I forgot to mention that she blocked me on Twitter just because I laughed at her and mocked her.

Not my fault she was being a huge drama queen about the shitty DMN and I thought it was funny.

It's hard to believe that she would dare to rob you of your right to free speech just because she didn't like being mocked on her page.  I wonder if she has ever kicked anybody out of her house or stopped associating with them for the same reason? I wonder if it is a pattern that should be reported and prosecuted?

ninjashoes

Quote from: WOTR on December 08, 2019, 05:44:06 PM
It's hard to believe that she would dare to rob you of your right to free speech just because she didn't like being mocked on her page.  I wonder if she has ever kicked anybody out of her house or stopped associating with them for the same reason? I wonder if it is a pattern that should be reported and prosecuted?

I really did not even care. It was more about pointing out the horrible way things were managed over there and how immature they were ALL being.

WOTR

Quote from: ninjashoes on December 08, 2019, 05:46:03 PM
I really did not even care. It was more about pointing out the horrible way things were managed over there and how immature they were ALL being.

My observations over the last few years is that everything connected with Art and paranormal radio in general has been handled in a very professional manner. No backstabbing, no gossiping, and certainly no ill-will.

ninjashoes

Quote from: WOTR on December 08, 2019, 05:49:37 PM
My observations over the last few years is that everything connected with Art and paranormal radio in general has been handled in a very professional manner. No backstabbing, no gossiping, and certainly no ill-will.

It was awhile back.

I haven't even paid one bit of attention to any of that stuff since Art passed.

The Heather drama has always just been a bunch of hype. The DMN never caught on and now we can only learn from their mistakes.

Nyewalker

Quote from: ninjashoes on December 08, 2019, 06:38:16 AM
Heather should think of it this way.

George is better than her.

Noory Won... she never had a chance ,the fix was in !!!

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ninjashoes on December 08, 2019, 07:19:10 AM
I don’t even care if this gets back to her at this point. This whole Heather thing has gone on for too long, is ridiculous and needs to go away so we, as a community can focus on finding a real successor to Art.

Lets give him Art Bells legacy and see what happens.

"we, as a community . . ."
Are you on drugs, or 'in loser denial or something' . . . ?

timebandit

The Return.

#Legacy

DynamoHum

Quote from: timebandit on December 10, 2019, 09:34:00 PM
                         The Return.

#Legacy

Nice to see you TB!

timebandit

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 12, 2019, 03:24:49 AM
Nice to see you TB!
hello hello..so what's the scoop dyno?

did she burn it down?

#Legacy

Spookcat

Quote from: timebandit on December 12, 2019, 07:48:59 PM
hello hello..so what's the scoop dyno?

did she burn it down?

#Legacy

Paul and Ella have said she's finished.

VC

Quote from: Spookcat on December 12, 2019, 09:28:13 PM

Maybe Paul stills get through on Skype with his little friend of inspiration to pee his dog. He could still be a paying customer of another kind. Heater has that talent. :D

DynamoHum

Quote from: VC on December 12, 2019, 09:45:17 PM
Maybe Paul stills get through on Skype with his little friend of inspiration to pee his dog. He could still be a paying customer of another kind. Heater has that talent. :D

They made a rather pointed post soon after saying “The stars had burned out” ie Heather was finished, that they use the subscription money to donate to an animal shelter now...

timebandit

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 13, 2019, 04:50:23 AM
They made a rather pointed post soon after saying “The stars had burned out” ie Heather was finished, that they use the subscription money to donate to an animal shelter now...
that's terrible..
well, there's still hope as long as the website is up.

#Legacy

timebandit

Quote from: Spookcat on December 12, 2019, 09:28:13 PM
thanks..
she's risen from the ashes before so..

#Legacy

Epaphroditus

Quote from: DynamoHum on December 13, 2019, 04:50:23 AM

Self centered hosts such as Heather who don't inform subscribers , advertisers , or other hosts expecting her as a guest  , do not then tell a pair of hillbillies from Kentucky about intentions .

Robert

So what's her show like know, other than its being low quality?

How frequent and long is it?

Does it still come on in the middle of the night?  (Because MITD does?)

Is it just a solo Web stream?  Or is it carried by some streaming service, program aggregator, or broadcast stations?

Does she have guests?

What's her subject matter?  More of the same as MITD?

Does she do any of the ads herself?  Does she record any for repeat use?  Do any get play elsewhere?

Does she still blow her stack or melt down over technical or other difficulties?

Does she seem to be working on improving?

What's her day job?

WOTR

Quote from: Robert on December 14, 2019, 11:39:03 AM
1. So what's her show like know, other than its being low quality?

2. How frequent and long is it?

3. Does it still come on in the middle of the night?  (Because MITD does?)

4. Is it just a solo Web stream?  Or is it carried by some streaming service, program aggregator, or broadcast stations?

5. Does she have guests?

6. What's her subject matter?  More of the same as MITD?

7. Does she do any of the ads herself?  Does she record any for repeat use?  Do any get play elsewhere?

8. Does she still blow her stack or melt down over technical or other difficulties?

9. Does she seem to be working on improving?

10. What's her day job?
1. The quality is surprising.
2. It's on every day- all day long. You need only press "play" and "repeat."
3. See above.
4. It can be carried on every hand-held device and desktop computer with enough storage on the hard drive to download past shows.
5. Only the guests that have already appeared.
6. The same subject matter that she covered from day 1. (And limited to that.)
7. The only ads available are recorded ads.
8. If you don't press the "shuffle" button, the melt-downs are surprisingly predictable- and always in the same order.
9. I contacted Art during a seance last week. He says "yes."
10. Paul might be able to provide some insight.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Epaphroditus on December 14, 2019, 07:52:08 AM
Self centered hosts such as Heather who don't inform subscribers , advertisers , or other hosts expecting her as a guest  , do not then tell a pair of hillbillies from Kentucky about intentions .

Aren't you that one gu... Nevermind.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on December 14, 2019, 02:35:04 PM
1. The quality is surprising.
2. It's on every day- all day long. You need only press "play" and "repeat."
3. See above.
4. It can be carried on every hand-held device and desktop computer with enough storage on the hard drive to download past shows.
5. Only the guests that have already appeared.
6. The same subject matter that she covered from day 1. (And limited to that.)
7. The only ads available are recorded ads.
8. If you don't press the "shuffle" button, the melt-downs are surprisingly predictable- and always in the same order.
9. I contacted Art during a seance last week. He says "yes."
10. Paul might be able to provide some insight.

"That's true."

timebandit

let us pray..
holy holy holy
heather be thy name
may kingdom of nye come
her beauty second to none.
Ah-men

#Legacy

VC

QuoteK_Dubb wrote: Yes, we agree he should have picked someone else.  That is what is so compelling about her story to me -- I can't think of a clearer case where someone's dream was granted with more disastrous results.  It is tragically poetic.  She is singularly unsuited for the very thing she wanted.  I'd suggest she was more "functional" (that dubious low barrier to entry into the world of mental health that, in my view, relies fatally on self-definition) doing phone sex and that, barring that, she'd be far happier as a nobody tormenting some dumb kind-hearted guy who bought into her story.

Though I've resisted mightily, I'm coming around to brig's theory that she planned the whole thing with Art from the beginning since the narrative of her accession partakes so heavily of that "I'm just a poor victim of circumstances" that marks every other story she tells like a fingerprint, even her ghost story where, after seeing the monk, she is abandoned by her friends.

I think Art knew HW needed many years of "on air" experience to be really good at doing his live show format. His health was failing him, and Heater was not able to be groomed long enough to take-over his show.

She does have an attractive voice and tone to hook a potential audience. The problem is Heater was VERY ERRATIC and unable to do a show 5 nights per week for four hours even when she was with MitD, so "her team" of handlers really needed to back her off from doing so many shows. She should have co-hosted on other MitD shows to gain experience and a wider audience too. Also, she was not able to maintain a healthy skepticism and independence of belief, lacking Art's trickster's humor and neutrality stance, that included the possibility that some of each topic/guest might be real or true but, most often, not, when it came to hosting her guests and accepting their ideas and agendas. Art never crossed the line into gullibility and sucking-up to his guest's beliefs, as Heather did do. It was HW's biggest mistake, crossing that line, with her given AB audience that fully discredited her in trying to continue what AB's show was known for.

Can we blame AB for what happened to Heater? It really was a bad set of circumstances with his health failing and days too numbered to mentor and grow her show vs what AB could have done himself IF he had the better health to do it.

Heather Wade needs some professional mental health care to help her recover from the mess she's in, and we know how unlikely that will probably be too. I still think she could be an excellent co-host, but we know that won't ever likely happen too.

Heater needed an experienced "on air" team she could depend on that understood her real flaws and weaknesses, but she was too isolated, a loner, unable to do a 5 day/week show, and cocooned within her in-group of believers. I think most of us can agree that HW had a lot of preexisting problems that needed to be resolved before she could succeed at such a stressful challenge to replace AB and succeed too.

Fare thee well, HW.

Robert

Quote from: WOTR on December 14, 2019, 02:35:04 PM2. It's on every day- all day long. You need only press "play" and "repeat."
If I were supplied a link to the hosting site, are the programs archived there in such a way that I could tell how frequent and how recent new material is?  Does she give notice of times she takes live phone calls, if she still even does that?

Robert

Quote from: VC on December 15, 2019, 02:26:52 AMI think Art knew HW needed many years of "on air" experience to be really good at doing his live show format. His health was failing him, and Heater was not able to be groomed long enough to take-over his show.
A plausible supposition.  It'd be even more convincing if I were sure Mr. Bell's death was a suicide, or even if he was at that stage of don't-care-if-I-live-or-die.  But if his death was truly accidental, that could mean he thought he might have a few more years.

The theory would be that he was disappointed in Mr. Noory as his legacy, and wanted a shot at leaving a better one.

Sometimes the protege idea works in radio, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it succeeds partially or temporarily.  I've recounted here the story of Judy Jarvis and her son Jason.  I was recently listening to a very good occasional DJ on WFMU whom I'm told went on WFDU (note spelling) originally in the 1980s as a replacement for a suddenly dead DJ I think I listened to back then.
QuoteShe does have an attractive voice and tone to hook a potential audience.
Yep.  So does Mr. Noory, and he's not trying out dialects as Ms. Wade seemed to have been.
Quoteshe was not able to maintain a healthy skepticism and independence of belief, lacking Art's trickster's humor and neutrality stance, that included the possibility that some of each topic/guest might be real or true but, most often, not, when it came to hosting her guests and accepting their ideas and agendas. Art never crossed the line into gullibility and sucking-up to his guest's beliefs, as Heather did do. It was HW's biggest mistake, crossing that line, with her given AB audience that fully discredited her in trying to continue what AB's show was known for.
Yes, but I prefer gullible to completely uninterested as Noory is.  Obviously neither attitude is good, but at least I believe Ms. Wade shared with Bell an interest in the subject matter.  Didn't (Redacted) participate in the "Legit, charlatan, deluded, or crazy?" thread, and get that the audience enjoyed that sort of speculation?  Meanwhile I'm disappointed Noory didn't take C2C in his own directions, as Art said Noory would.  I'm still not entirely convinced Noory has no potential as an emcee and interviewer, if he found subject matter he and an audience shared interest in.  He's no worse than Bell was at interviewing entertainment celebrities, for instance.

And then there's also the case of the show with lousy "talent", great producer, as in my favorite example of Mahlzberg.  If the guests are interesting enough, and the interviewer doesn't wreck the show as Noory tends to, the show can still be good.

Metron2267

Quote from: VC on December 15, 2019, 02:26:52 AM
I think Art knew HW needed many years of "on air" experience to be really good at doing his live show format. His health was failing him, and Heater was not able to be groomed long enough to take-over his show.

And you arrived at this stunningly obvious conclusion all by your lonesome?

My aren't you the sooper sluthe... :o

QuoteShe does have an attractive voice and tone to hook a potential audience. The problem is Heater was VERY ERRATIC and unable to do a show 5 nights per week for four hours even when she was with MitD, so "her team" of handlers really needed to back her off from doing so many shows. She should have co-hosted on other MitD shows to gain experience and a wider audience too. Also, she was not able to maintain a healthy skepticism and independence of belief, lacking Art's trickster's humor and neutrality stance, that included the possibility that some of each topic/guest might be real or true but, most often, not, when it came to hosting her guests and accepting their ideas and agendas. Art never crossed the line into gullibility and sucking-up to his guest's beliefs, as Heather did do.

WTF?!?!?!?

Art actively promoted Heaven's Gate and people DIED because of it, you fucking MORON!

Art shilled for Ed Damesand he got RICH  and moved to Russia because of it!

Art went all in on Jonathan Reed and his "alien in the freezer", you uneducated dullard!

Fucking try for one pitiful moment in your trivial life to get even ONE THING right!

QuoteIt was HW's biggest mistake, crossing that line, with her given AB audience that fully discredited her in trying to continue what AB's show was known for.

And what was that specifically?

Credulous woo?

Yegods!

She learned it from the master. :o

QuoteCan we blame AB for what happened to Heater? It really was a bad set of circumstances with his health failing and days too numbered to mentor and grow her show vs what AB could have done himself IF he had the better health to do it.

Heather Wade needs some professional mental health care to help her recover from the mess she's in, and we know how unlikely that will probably be too. I still think she could be an excellent co-host, but we know that won't ever likely happen too.

The notion that an obsessive stalker like YOU would even think to offer, let alone rescind in the same breath, mental health counseling is a total side splitter!

Who the FUCK are you anyway? :o

QuoteHeater needed an experienced "on air" team she could depend on that understood her real flaws and weaknesses, but she was too isolated, a loner, unable to do a 5 day/week show, and cocooned within her in-group of believers. I think most of us can agree that HW had a lot of preexisting problems that needed to be resolved before she could succeed at such a stressful challenge to replace AB and succeed too.

Fare thee well, HW.

Die in a fire you obsessive stalker TRASH!

Robert

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 15, 2019, 10:51:48 AMArt actively promoted Heaven's Gate and people DIED because of it,
People died because of Heaven's Gate.  Nobody died because he promoted it.

Mr. Bell was idiosyncratic regarding his stances on things or people he presented.  There may well have been art (heh) to it.  Mr. Noory is idosyncratic regarding his stances too, but they seem to be taken randomly just to make it seem like he was paying attention.  Like he'll be shilling, shilling, shilling, and then out of the blue vehemently express skepticism about the next thing.  Maybe it's based on feedback via his producer.